Can Barbarian solo pve farm?

Dwarfurious

Barb is better in pve if you farm bosses without mobs, DK can solo pretty all, but DK prefer bosses with mobs so they can heal from them with hurricane and lifesteal.

So i already got 5/5 on my power attack, should i take the War cry for PvE and its useful in pvp too? also i heard people stop leveling at 13 to farm for a bit, why is that? Sounds like something i'd do

First priority as a expert skill is stoneskin for pve and second expert depends on your build, if u have already some lifesteal, take warcry if not take combat fury. Or if u have high armor u can take whatever u want as a second expert. Good basic skill pve build would be Roar and Taunt on max. and Strong blow on 3/5, but u said u have it already on 5/5 so I suppose make Roar at least 3/5 and taunt 5/5.

As Heredurian said barb is good against bosses without mobs, with mobs it's problematic. However a good barb can do any dungeon in the game, but for a dk Techno is easier. Bossing wise, such as elm, is also easier for a dk and ofc warden. 

For what concerns experts, stone def as first is a safe bet. As second it depends: warcry helps tanking, usefull if you want to start to tank tower and lab. On the other hand combat fury helps as it restores hp. However if you intend to power quest till level 28 i suggest taking a damage skill, defeat or shield bash. Ideally at 28 you would want: stone def, combat fury, shield bash and defeat regardless of pvp and pve. Another must is warcry for pve. Immunity is a must for pvp. Last wish is good in both and by being passive, it's good to have, however not a must. New skill is optional, some barb likes it, some not. It's a nice boost to block, however i tried it and don't like it.

As a pve barb my skills are 5/5 strong blow, 3/5 roar and 5/5 taunt, 4/4 warcry and 4/4 stonedef. A bit overkill on the taunting department, but since i'm not full +10 and have full block/parry gear, i need it to prevent aggro from top dps. I'd love to remove some points on the taunts and improve my dmg, but for this i'll wait for more amp. The reason for strong blow 5/5 and not roar 5/5 is personal. I like the dmg, it helps with questing, bossing and hp regen (i have 7.5% health restored on dmg of strong blow).

If you plan on soloing bosses only i would go 5/5 strong blow, 5/5 roar, 3/5 chop, 4/4 stone def, 4/4 defeat or shield bash or combat fury (if you struggle). However this build is trash for tanking dg imo, but good soloing. If you are amped and have good gear, you wont need a specific soloing build.

Many barbs claim that they are able to solo bosses and tank dg in pvp spec. This is true. However they know what they are doing, maybe use consumables/minions and have optimal equipment and amp.

Despite the shortcomings said of the barb compared to the dk in pve, he is a beast in PvP.

Therefore if you plan on doing PvE only, you can still choose barb ofc, but dk is optimal. Since dk can do all what a barb can do and more. And i say this as a barb.

It also depends what kind of content you want to solo. Barb is good for 90k bosses and down 80k bosses. However even a dk can do this. A well amped dk can also solo new lab bosses. Not sure a barb can do this, will test once i'm stronger.

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, Krotek said:

As Heredurian said barb is good against bosses without mobs, with mobs it's problematic. However a good barb can do any dungeon in the game, but for a dk Techno is easier. Bossing wise, such as elm, is also easier for a dk and ofc warden. 

For what concerns experts, stone def as first is a safe bet. As second it depends: warcry helps tanking, usefull if you want to start to tank tower and lab. On the other hand combat fury helps as it restores hp. However if you intend to power quest till level 28 i suggest taking a damage skill, defeat or shield bash. Ideally at 28 you would want: stone def, combat fury, shield bash and defeat regardless of pvp and pve. Another must is warcry for pve. Immunity is a must for pvp. Last wish is good in both and by being passive, it's good to have, however not a must. New skill is optional, some barb likes it, some not. It's a nice boost to block, however i tried it and don't like it.

As a pve barb my skills are 5/5 strong blow, 3/5 roar and 5/5 taunt, 4/4 warcry and 4/4 stonedef. A bit overkill on the taunting department, but since i'm not full +10 and have full block/parry gear, i need it to prevent aggro from top dps. I'd love to remove some points on the taunts and improve my dmg, but for this i'll wait for more amp. The reason for strong blow 5/5 and not roar 5/5 is personal. I like the dmg, it helps with questing, bossing and hp regen (i have 7.5% health restored on dmg of strong blow).

If you plan on soloing bosses only i would go 5/5 strong blow, 5/5 roar, 3/5 chop, 4/4 stone def, 4/4 defeat or shield bash or combat fury (if you struggle). However this build is trash for tanking dg imo, but good soloing. If you are amped and have good gear, you wont need a specific soloing build.

Many barbs claim that they are able to solo bosses and tank dg in pvp spec. This is true. However they know what they are doing, maybe use consumables/minions and have optimal equipment and amp.

Despite the shortcomings said of the barb compared to the dk in pve, he is a beast in PvP.

Therefore if you plan on doing PvE only, you can still choose barb ofc, but dk is optimal. Since dk can do all what a barb can do and more. And i say this as a barb.

It also depends what kind of content you want to solo. Barb is good for 90k bosses and down 80k bosses. However even a dk can do this. A well amped dk can also solo new lab bosses. Not sure a barb can do this, will test once i'm stronger.

If u solo why need 5/5 taunt?

4 hours ago, aks said:

If u solo why need 5/5 taunt?

If you actually read the post you woulda seen

On 3/1/2019 at 4:21 PM, Krotek said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 months later...

Best option is axe/mace and shield everytime u solo or tank. I have seen a lot barbs use axes, but the reason why they are using it, it is because of there arent much maces without magic dmg which is totally useless stat for barb. Obviously you can go for 2h weapon, but you gotta be high amped with decent defense if u want to solo with 2h weapon. I actually prefer mace over axe because even though its slower, it deals more dmg. I cant say much about soloing things without shield, it depends alot on your skill and gear build. If you can give us more information about your gear and skill build, we could help you more.