There is no logic in the paladin-barbarians weapons.

Skiney

Paldains are soposed to be warriors of the highness so why the use a mace instead of a sword, they cant even use a onehanded sword. But a barbarian, people who live in mountains and fight with whatever they find, like maces, are not even able to hold a mace but they can use any kind of swords?  :wacko: Why dont you make paladins able to use onehanded swords as well as barbs use onehanded maces? :unknw:

I think barbarians should be able to use 2handed hammers and paladins should be able to use 1handed swords.. I mean it only makes sense right? Barbarians are about brute force so 2handed hammers fit the cliche and paladins are about precision and grace. Seriously devs should fix these to work this way.... But they don't listen to us anyways so may as well not even waste our time..

My bad I forgot about some maces have astral, and edge, i totaly agree, barbs using 2h hammers would be perfect as well as a cool paladin using a 1h sword and a shield would be awesome. Hope a dev see this post cuz i really would like to see my paladin with a  sword(even if that means having hammered barbs as enemies  :spiteful: )

haha. I agree with you. Everytime I look at my paladin, it always reminds me of the pirate captain back at the fb 1st map. I've also expected paladins as sword wielding melee class, but I guess devs had overlooked that. Hope they could, and would fix it.

That makes sense.

But with only 1h sword and shield, the Paladin will be like Death Knights.

And it will be ugly ... But hey, 2h maces are super beautiful and wonderful.

For me, it represents power, strength :)

104 (Lv12 1h sword) divided by 2=52

114 (Lv12 1h axe) divided by 2,2=51,8

124 (Lv12 1h club) divided by 2,2=56,4

Why does we need sword?

2H club is majestic. Barbs are wild beasts :lol: (For fun. They cool :good: )

Look at other games that have a class like the paladin of warspear they use mace, imo mace isnt a rustic weapon for barbarians to use, barbarias should use just axe

Barbarian is using sword like samurai. There is not logic if barb using maces and paladin using axe.

Paladin=sword, maces

Barbarian=Sword, Axw

See paladin like THOR 8)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, in most games i´ve played maces are wielded by healers, in some games Priests are the one who uses maces to heal allies etc.  As for barbs, 2h axes, 2h swords would fit perfectly for them, as they are berserkers. But paladins :wacko:  nah, 2h axes does not fit them at all, they should use maces and long 1h swords

• 2 months later...

Doing some research on this subject I found that yes, in reality paladins use sword and shield. But in the realm of "gaming and myth" only dwarves and humans could be paladins, and they use hammers and maces with shields. They are also considered to be very religious and kind, wanting to purify the world from evil. Not to mention they also have a spell book bound to their waists because like in Warspear they are somewhat educated in casting spells and healing themselves and others in combat. So it makes more sense to me now why the hammer/mace/axe and not a sword. But really, a sword and shield doesn't define a class. Barbarian does, paladin, Shaman, Blade dancer does, and so on.

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

Agree that paladin should have maces/ hammers and swords. Not axes  :facepalm: but I believe the reason why paladins got axes was - no1 elf side dont have any axe wielding class otherwise and no2 axes swing rates are closer to maces/ hammers.

with that said, now with decorative skins (yes I love them) you can create the illusion of wielding any weapon class. Im thinking of re-decorating my dks sword to a mace if it ever goes on daily sale :P

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe its Russian Belief i mean that only devs made this because in there country the Paladin uses Axe? And Barb uses Sword? (no offense)

O:-)

now that everyone in this post is talking about paladin weapons, it would be real blast if we could be allowed to wield 2 maces instead....

imagine the astral stacking, the heal would reach over a thousand in a crit heal.

oh well, i better stop dreaming ::)

If i remember correct the paladins 2h hammer is about same as 2h sword in arenahop cuz both have accuracy (dont know about atk speed) but theyre a bit like same :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just make all classes available to use all weapons :lol:

Lol, druid with axe? Rogue with bow? Ranger with blessing duo sword?  :wacko:

Barbarian can allow to use spear too.  :facepalm:  its like spartan. :facepalm:

But the real logic: ALL HUMAN CAN USE ALL KIND OF WEAPONS XD

Barbarian can allow to use spear too.  :facepalm:  its like spartan. :facepalm:

But the real logic: ALL HUMAN CAN USE ALL KIND OF WEAPONS XD

spears has dark att.. Barb doesnt have dark att skill so they cant weild a dark weapon :) but the question is why gm put dark ench on a two handed weapon (spear) but no astral on the two handed weapon (hammer) dk vs pala --' if equal amps dk will win with its stun that deals dark dmg.. First borns has 5% dark def they can kill dk better.. Plz put astral ench on a hammer and dark ench on a special 1handed sword/spear like the outfit in mcoin store :)

Use 1h mace with astral, in my opinion theirs no reason to play 2h, it has lower dps and way worse heal. If I wasnt deathly inlove with my 1h dk, im confident I could make a smack good 1h pala. Most people here have the missconception that 1h = low dmg. But ill tell you even when I have bad fights I atleast do same dmg result as my 2h or dual wield partner. A good fight where things go my way ill dish out 5000+ dmg with my 1h sword in a regular 2v2 arena fight.

my personal tip use 1h for pala, astral benefits 3 skills

and illusion mace did go on daily sale so my dk got a mace now yay

@ Bloodylipa

Mad game bro. 1hand for pala is the way to go for pvp. 1hand mace has a higher base att than 1hand sword and axe. Also you get added defense with shield. Also if you stack astral right you can do 486 every 13 seconds. 2hand, I wouldn't waste my time, again. 

spears has dark att.. Barb doesnt have dark att skill so they cant weild a dark weapon :) but the question is why gm put dark ench on a two handed weapon (spear) but no astral on the two handed weapon (hammer) dk vs pala --' if equal amps dk will win with its stun that deals dark dmg.. First borns has 5% dark def they can kill dk better.. Plz put astral ench on a hammer and dark ench on a special 1handed sword/spear like the outfit in mcoin store :)

Fetters of justice and purify combination gives astral damage. With 1handed astral mace such as sd mace and the right astral gear, your astral damage should be equivalent to the dk dark magic damage.

If 2handed hammer had astral? Well, that could go in one of two directions. Pala with 2hand hammer would match up equally in pvp against dk and barb, OR - pala would be too strong, and it would be unbalanced. I say to strong because with 1hand mace and shield I can heal 3 times in 1 pvp battle, totaling 1,458 and those 3 heals are non-crit heals. Imagine that 1,458 heal with a 2handed high ampt hammer. Low level paladins would be killig high level dk and barbs. Just my opinion. :drinks:

i tested it 50+ times 2handed mace is better vs dk (receiving 2stuns from dk) becuz if i use 1handed mace/shield the dk will stun me 3times even with the xtra def i get its not as gd as the hammer.. U say dmg is equal if same amps but u forgot the ench.. Hammer has acc+crit+att speed.. Mace has acc+astral+parry.. So vs dk hammer i tested it alot its better :) mace/shield only gd vs rogues bds(in arena)

U say dmg is equal if same amps but u forgot the ench.. Hammer has acc+crit+att

I didn't say damage is equal if equal amps. I was referring to foj (fetters of justice) and purification combo astral damage is about equal to dk dark magic attack damage.

Equal amp doesn't determine too much. Besides, how often do you pvp with someone that has the same exact amplification, lvl gear and enchant as you. Maybe never.

1handed mace has 3/4 the attack of 2handed hammer, but attacks almost a second faster. I did this simple break down, I was bored but the result was interesting. I'm not really good at math so don't laugh.

1hand mace, attack 300, attack every 2.4 seconds

2.4 sec -300

4.8 sec - 600

7.2 sec - 900

9.6 sec - 1200

12 sec - 1500

14.4 sec - 1800

16.8 sec - 2100

19.2 sec - 2400

2handed hammer, attack 400, attack every 3.2 seconds

3.2 sec - 400

6.4 sec - 800

9.7 sec - 1200

12.9 sec - 1600

16.1 sec - 2000

19.3 sec - 2400

With 1hand mace att @ 300, and 2hand hammer att @ 400, the 1hand mace catches up to the 2hand hammer at 19 seconds. Now factor in your healing and foj /purification/astral damage. Also, most balanced pvp battles last longer than 19 seconds, so using a high lvl high ampt 1hand mace you can count on a better chance to win than using a 2handed hammer. Try to plug in your own numbers and look at the result. :drinks:

I didn't say damage is equal if equal amps. I was referring to foj (fetters of justice) and purification combo astral damage is about equal to dk dark magic attack damage.

Equal amp doesn't determine too much. Besides, how often do you pvp with someone that has the same exact amplification, lvl gear and enchant as you. Maybe never.

1handed mace has 3/4 the attack of 2handed hammer, but attacks almost a second faster. I did this simple break down, I was bored but the result was interesting. I'm not really good at math so don't laugh.

1hand mace, attack 300, attack every 2.4 seconds

2.4 sec -300

4.8 sec - 600

7.2 sec - 900

9.6 sec - 1200

12 sec - 1500

14.4 sec - 1800

16.8 sec - 2100

19.2 sec - 2400

2handed hammer, attack 400, attack every 3.2 seconds

3.2 sec - 400

6.4 sec - 800

9.7 sec - 1200

12.9 sec - 1600

16.1 sec - 2000

19.3 sec - 2400

With 1hand mace att @ 300, and 2hand hammer att @ 400, the 1hand mace catches up to the 2hand hammer at 19 seconds. Now factor in your healing and foj /purification/astral damage. Also, most balanced pvp battles last longer than 19 seconds, so using a high lvl high ampt 1hand mace you can count on a better chance to win than using a 2handed hammer. Try to plug in your own numbers and look at the result. :drinks:

This is very true and very few people consider dps. 90% of players build for high burst damage and need to kill first target within the first 7-10seconds. Dps based damage always win damage output in long fights. And not to be forgotten the amount of damage reduced by block/parry. Crit is no problem for 1h to raise and 1h crit is only 1-2% lower then a 2h char crit value. 1h weakest stats atleast for me is acc and that's my only obvious weakness. 10% is low :/

small mistake but couldnt stop myself, you actually got the result at 9.6 you made 9.7 :tease:

Well I 100% agree with you:good:

At the base damage I mean 0 amped 1h mace did higer damage than 2h coz 1h swing 4 time 2h 3 times in 9.6 seconds which also added that you deal your base(level) so at lv20 you get 20x4 and 20x3 respectively. However at higher amps the damage of 2h is slightly higher but given the advantage of shield 1h is definitely a better option. I wish deves return the damage we did with foj coz it seems useless now but still some damage adds up of course.

But I would still prefer 2h against kiters coz you get less chances to hit him. So if you are tanking for your party, or say leading into the enemy party use 1h while if you have another guy tanking use 2h and try to get to the kiting classes.

So you see the main factor here is the attack speed, BD have attack more than 2h and speed more than 1h and also their base hp is higher than paladin :bad: 

Did you guys understand? :blush:   

• 2 months later...

For those who wanna see paladin with sword just buy sword skin on miracle shop n so as barbs that wanna wield hammer(just for the show).

best ansver...

• 11 months later...

Did some research on vikings and Nordic cultures and I have the theory that the developers based the class of barbarians on vikings. They use swords and shields, but the main weapon used for wars and raids were axes. Developers were accurate when it came to putting a penetration attribute to axes.

For vikings, swords and shields were honorable weapons to fight with. They also used bows (mainly for long range only; they switched to melee for close combat), spears, and backup knives. With all this in mind, I think there is a good sense of logic for barbarians using swords.

Don't know too much about Paladins, but I do know that maces are often magical weapons used in gaming and mythology. Paladins using axes don't make sense at all.

As for historical reference. Paladins were never depicted using maces yes but, the paladins at that time, which were depicted using 2 Handed, long straight swords such as Claymore or an older variant, since the Claymore is of Scottish origin and, appeared after the paladins, or another straight 2 handed sword like the Bastard sword (also known as long sword).

Althought the very paladins are indeed different and of no resemblance to the Palas we have here, the very mace (or club, since it is not spiked, hence the spiked is the Morning star) could have been used yes, by the paladins of that era, althought they have not been depicted using such weapons.

Granted that historical paladins and maces (clubs) date together (from around 900 a.C. Byzantin era to be precise), it is not unlikely that they have used such weaponry.

And maces and clubs all alike were considered knightly weapons, as well as the roles of the paladins so it is not weird to think palas used to bear maces at all. Crushing people's heads with blunt weapons were a thing back then.