Guide for new necros, way how to become master.

Heredurian

Hello,

I know how hard it is to play as a necro, because everything you do cost hp. It's annoying and frustrating, but if you know how to play it, you can be one of the best necros. So here i want to help you learn something about being necro. Ofc I am not the best necro like Mendel or Sixdog, but I will try my best.

Before we start remember:  1. You are healer

2. You are support class, which means let tanks tank, your job is to keep them alive (whenever you get into pt for anything)

So let's start!

1. Level 1-13 (map 1)

Try not to buy anything, you will get everything from quests.

About skills

There are many ways how you can build your skills depends on you, but let's talk about skills build how easily get through map 1 and map 2.

• Poison splittle - deals damage, in combination with deathly eye opponent gets poisoned
  • Deathly eye - reduces health points and magic defense
  • Nightmares - stun opponent, any dmg dealt to opponent cancel effect
  • Bone shield - make around you shield and for a time you can't receive any dmg, it have limit for reduced damage
  • Ancient seal - healing skill, cost health and it is instant

I recommend to make this build:

Poison splittle - 1/5  

Deathly eye -     1/5

Nightmares -     1/5

Bone shield -     5/5

Ancient seal -    4/5

Start with levelling Bone shield (shield) and then Ancient seal (heal). Words that are in brackets, am gonna use them, so i don't need too write always Bone shield and Ancient seal.

Why? Because when you start most of mobs can't destroy your shield, it last before they can destroy it, and you heal enough so you don't die either. Later you can effectively solo most of these 2 maps without pt, ofc with bosses you will definitely need help.

So that's for first stage, map 1.

2. Level 13-20 (map 2 + Norlant Swamps)

Map 2 (Ilsernort) is more difficult, so expect to call a lot for help in wc (world chat). There are many bosses (30-40K hp) and if you're not going to buy mcoins (miracle coins) you are going to definitely need help with them. With level 18 comes expert skills, in this part I will talk about build and gear combinations.

So let's start!

Don't buy any gear until you become level 18. Why? Because you're gonna waste your money for that and because you need money for expert skills and later amplifying your gear to +6 - +8, So you can survive map 4 (Ayvondil).

On level 14 make your heal on max. Because necros are healers.

On level 16 decide what necro you want to be 1. Party support heal (pve), then level Deathly eye, it reduces a lot bosses hp.

2. More pvp one, level your Nightmares (stun), in pvp it can save your life.

On level 18 purchase Poisonuous shield expert skill, always good combination with Acid rain. Keep lvling that basic skill you decided on lv 16.

On level 20 purchase Acid rain, it deals dmg and with combination with Poisonuous shield it heals too. Like a second heal skill and in pt it can slow down mobs so tank can go. On level 20 you get 2 skill points, so you can use them to make Poisonuous shield on 3/4. On 3/4 it last at same time as Acid rain on 1/4.

Gear

Good combination is Star Wisdom set for health points and later when reach level 21 try get Kronus (Forefather of dragons) set for more health points. Health points are for necros very important together with cooldown and critical chance.

About staff, on level 18 probably Spellbation of Life, which have lifesteal and another stat (idk what stat now).

About rings you can craft Skyfire ones or you can wait till level 22 and then you can buy Rings of Captivating Illusions,they have hp with magical damage. Which gives you even more health points. About cloak, try to find one with mana regeneration and even better would be with magic defense stat. About accesories at all best ones you can get from Halloween event, cause they have lifesteal. They allow you to fully focus on healing tank and other members of pt instead of healing yourself.

If you dont want to stay on lvl 20, then you dont need to amplify your gear higher than +6 - +8.

3. Level 20-28 (map 4 - Ayvondil)

Map 4 (Ayvondil) is very hard if you're doing it solo, best would be do it with tank. Bosses hp start from (17K - 500K),if we count dgs in it, T1 you can solo pretty soon,+ just need to have min. heal 800 + 200 heal from combo Acid rain + Poisonuous shield. That would be around lvl 22 -24. From all towns I like T1 pretty much, because it is easier than other towns, especially than T2. T2 is not hard like there are hard bosses or quests, just mobs and dgs are specialized in magic dmg. So they deal higher dmg to you, which makes it hard to solo. Dg easy in T2 is pretty annoying dg, so remember when you start with it. T3 and T4 are nice towns and a lot ppl can help you with quests, but in T3 you will need to get through Bazilisk with 10K +-hp and pretty high dmg and only questors can help you, another reason to do this map with someone.

Now am gonna talk about some PvE builds, because idk much abou PvP builds. If anyone know about PvP builds let me know, so I can add it here.

1. Dungeon build

Poison splittle - 1/5                                    Dark power                                        4/4                             Dark power is always good, cause its pt skill. It increase dmg.

Deathly eye -     5/5                                    Mental pit                                           4/4                             Mental pit is useful for final boss in dg. It decrease cd and dmg.

Nightmares -     1/5                                    Infection                                             1/4

Bone shield -     3/5                                    Acid rain                                             1/4                             It is for pulling tank from mobs.

Ancient seal -    5/5                                    Ressurection/ Poisonuous shield    1/4

Fateful connection                            1/4

2. Solo boss build

Poison splittle - 1/5                                    Dark power                                        3/4                             Dark power is always good, cause its pt skill. It increase dmg.

Deathly eye -     1/5                                    Mental pit                                           3/4                             Mental pit is useful for final boss in dg. It decrease cd and dmg.

Nightmares -     5/5                                    Infection                                             1/4

Bone shield -     3/5                                    Acid rain                                             1/4                               

Ancient seal -    5/5                                    Panic                                                   1/4

Poisonuous shield                             3/4                            Depends on your mdmg but if heal around 1K+ hp on 3/4 in combo.

3. PvP build ( It's only my guess, fix me if I'm wrong)

Poison splittle - 1/5                                    Dark power                                        1/4                             Dark power is always good, cause it increase dmg.

Deathly eye -     1/5                                    Mental pit                                           4/4                             Mental pit is useful for stopping opponents skills in PvP.

It decrease cd and dmg.

Nightmares -     5/5                                    Infection                                             1/4

Bone shield -     3/5                                    Acid rain                                             1/4                             Good for keeping distance between you and opponent.

Ancient seal -    5/5                                    Panic                                                   4/4                             Panic is good from keeping opponent from you.

Poisonuous shield                             1/4                             It's useful when you PvP with rogue, it detects rogue before it attack.

Gear

Let's talk about gear. Good combination would be Hp set from Technopolis Mythical dungeon with craft gear and horror accesories (Halloween). That's first option. Second would be full crafted gear and horror/craft accesories. Third option is probably Winter set gear with maxed cd and horror/hp crafted accesories. About staffs, good is crafted one with critical chance and cooldown with penetration, but now when comes out lv 28 staffs, the best would be lv 28 lifesteal staff with cooldown and critical chance from Halloween event. Belts are always hard to find but, now when we can craft it, I suppose crafted ones are the best or winter ones, they're good too, critical chance with hp.

If any pro necro find any mistake or idea, let me know.

That's pretty all everything I know about necros. So hopefully it helps.

Edited by Heredurian

• 10 months later...

Thanks, but i have a question. Final builds are different from intermediate one. Does this mean I will need to buy a book of oblivion on high lvl? Or maybe it's better not to spend skill points on skills that are not needed in the future?

Edited by shyless

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/11/2020 at 2:30 AM, Heredurian said:

I will do that soon. 

Can you update this guide because I’m planning to make a f2p necro soon. Bone shield and heal doesn’t cost health anymore lmao btw I didn’t know when they changed but it’s funny because it was pointless to add it in the first place.

On 8/22/2020 at 6:16 PM, Avamanyar said:

Can you update this guide because I’m planning to make a f2p necro soon. Bone shield and heal doesn’t cost health anymore lmao btw I didn’t know when they changed but it’s funny because it was pointless to add it in the first place.

If you are going for pve necro i'd say level ancient seal to 5/5, shield to 3/5 and deathly eye 5/5 or shield 5/5 and eye 3/5 it depends on whether or not you will be going against bosses with many 100's of thousands of hp

For expert skills dark power is basically a must because at 4/4 15% more damage is no joke and poison shield 4/4+acid rain for healing combo, and revive is good to have incase you're killing some hard raid boss and someone dies or in lab where running back would be impossible or take forever

• 2 years later...