Necro + Shaman heal

Mecha

ok, we all know, old school healers (druid, shaman) have buff heal.

When hunting, only 1 healer was needed per tanker, and extra healers would just do extra damage or take mobs (if any)

but, necromancer has instant heal, so it cannot be overriden by other healers.

this opens up new possibilites

If tanker doesnt have enough def, or if shamans heal is not high enough,

necro can be backup healer.

if no shaman healer is available, multiple necros with low heal can still get the job done keeping the tanker alive by taking turns healing inbetween each others heal cooldown.

when hunting with shaman as base healer, bone shield is a Jewel.

tanker will be almost in "God mode"

If you are doing chainless or hunting bgs or anything dealing with sentinels..

bring warlocks. If sentinels come, nightmare the boss (sleep) and use bone shield to protect warlocks, their aoe skills will keep you safe while you keep them safe :)

Yes,Necro + shaman...Priest + druid...makes farming easier

Beholder would be very easy against this combo...bcuz of that they removed(my opinion)

forgive my poor English

• 2 weeks later...

WRONG

try to put heal on your shaman

you will see

only 3 heals after 10 seconds ( heal cooldown is 10 but it heals 5 times)

edit * i thinked it was 12 sec cooldown

so 3 heals every 10 sec

both u and me are wrong

I just did a test on 2 new characters, 1 shaman and 1 necro, both at 0 astral.

The shaman healed 32 hp 5 times throughout 15 seconds, I timed it.

Shaman energy expense - 12

Shaman cooldown - 10 secs

Shaman range - 5

The necro healed 72hp instantly.

Necro energy expense - 7

Necro cooldown - 8 seconds

Necro range - 4

So it's pretty close. You can heal 146 hp in 8-9 seconds on a necro using 14 energy, and on a shaman you can heal 160 hp in 15 seconds  using 12 energy.

So I think both classes have pros and cons to their healing. In terms of most healing power I'm pretty sure necro wins because of the lower cooldown and instant healing. However the Shaman requires less clicks for more heals, without any hp loss to yourself. This makes healing a less taxing job on the Shaman, because less clicks means concentrating more on other parts of the battle. The Shaman can also start a second heal on another player after 10 seconds.

I just did a test on 2 new characters, 1 shaman and 1 necro, both at 0 astral.

The shaman healed 32 hp 5 times throughout 15 seconds, I timed it.

Shaman energy expense - 12

Shaman cooldown - 10 secs

Shaman range - 5

The necro healed 72hp instantly.

Necro energy expense - 7

Necro cooldown - 8 seconds

Necro range - 4

So it's pretty close. You can heal 146 hp in 8-9 seconds on a necro using 14 energy, and on a shaman you can heal 160 hp in 15 seconds  using 12 energy.

So I think both classes have pros and cons to their healing. In terms of most healing power I'm pretty sure necro wins because of the lower cooldown and instant healing. However the Shaman requires less clicks for more heals, without any hp loss to yourself. This makes healing a less taxing job on the Shaman, because less clicks means concentrating more on other parts of the battle. The Shaman can also start a second heal on another player after 10 seconds.

Necro heal+shield cost hp, not energy, but in descrption there is written energy.

Necro heal+shield cost hp, not energy, but in descrption there is written energy.

It still costs energy to cast. Otherwise you'd have unlimited healing and shield.

Then must i have a bug, cuz i cant see just a little difference when i use them.

I think it's not a bug. It's just that forsaken chars have high energy regen.

Remember, necro takes damage when it heals, meaning it acts like it is damage, meaning that when you are running away from a lot of enemies and healing yourself, you are slowed down and enemies catch you. That sucks, particulary when your healing is poor compared to the damage taken.

Other classes don't bother to stop while healing.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

necros are awesome  :blush:  it like u just used a pot  lol :drinks:  the only problem is they lose some hp while healing :(

necros are awesome  :blush:  it like u just used a pot  lol :drinks:  the only problem is they lose some hp while healing :(

thts romantic heal :blush: