[2019.01.30] Best Costume Contest 2019

Peony

costume_contest_merm_1200x630.png

Warriors of Arinar!

We are pleased to announce another contest for the best costume. Do not miss the chance to show your creativity, win 10 000 Miracle Coins and leave your mark in the history of our game! 

Who knows, maybe your costume will be the object of adoration, which will get the dream of every dweller of Arinar.

It’s easy to take part in the contest:

1. Create a topic in this forum section. Its title should be a name of your costume.
  2. In the topic, you should describe the costume: How does it look like? What material is used to make it? What elements does it consist of?
  3. And, the most important one: add the drawing. Create only one original costume that’s relevant to Warspear Online world.

Make a drawing:

• (!) IN PIXEL ART STYLE: the costume’s height should be 34-45 pixels (squares), width — no more than 24 pixels (squares); you may check the works from the previous year for inspiration;
  • in any format: use paper, copybook, Photoshop, Paint or whatever;
  • in any perspective: but it’s enough to make a front view.

It’s forbidden to:

• Make a full copy of existing superhero costumes, cinema and game heroes.
  • Change colors of costumes from Warspear Online. For example, paint White costume of Chosen green.
  • Use other’s and downloaded from the Internet artworks.

Meeting these rules helps you to become closer to the victory and motivates us to add the winning costume to the closest spring update!

We will evaluate each one for 3 criteria:

• Quality of costume and description
  • Possibility to add the costume to the game            
  • Originality

What are the prizes?

• 1st place: 10 000 Miracle Coins + adding the costume to the game and presenting it to the winner
  • 2nd place: 7 000 Miracle Coins
  • 3rd place: 5 000 Miracle Coins

Audience Choice Award: 3 500 Miracle Coins. There will also be encouraging prizes up to the decision of the jury.

When to take part in the contest and get prizes?

We are accepting artworks from January 30 till February 15, inclusive. From February 16 till February 21 you can vote for the best artwork on our Facebook page and based on your choice we will define the winner of Audience Choice Award. On February 22 we will announce the winners of the contest and give prizes!

We wish you all inspiration!

Good luck!
AIGRIND

Edited by Reivenorik

bq26.gifim not good in drawing, but for everyone who is checking this comment and going to participate in the contest i want to check if you would like to join me in making a tutorial video for this contest

ill gather your personal ideas and software/application you use to help assist you in making the pixel art, ill also add your costume into my video when you finish it, if anyone interested please contact me here bq21.gif

Example: we talk either in text or voice or video call and help make a tutorial video for Best Costume contest 2019

good luck to all who's participating may the odds forever be in your favor

tenor.gif

19 hours ago, Peony said:

Create only one original costume that’s relevant to Warspear Online world.

The rule of the 1 player - 1 costume only is still there, right?

Se eu fizer um traje em pixel art de 45x24 e salva em uma imagem com 1024 pixels,tem algum problema? Pq se a definição da imagem for baixa vai dificultar de ver o traje. 

Edited by astromante

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Neto said:

Posso mudar meu tópico?

You can edit your topic or contact admin or moderator and ask the removal of your older topics

On 2/7/2019 at 12:26 AM, astromante said:

Se eu fizer um traje em pixel art de 45x24 e salva em uma imagem com 1024 pixels,tem algum problema? Pq se a definição da imagem for baixa vai dificultar de ver o traje. 

there is no need for it, scale by the double (90 x 48) and this will be seen well using any devices.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:39 AM, Zeusthegod said:

Can i simply draw it??

Or do i have to make the pixel thing(since i'm bad at it)??

Tnhx

You can, but I value more the work with pixels and I will explain why: when developing a costume, there is a dramatic change between having an awesome idea for a costume and the final work to implement it. Some ideas can't even be done. 

I can only see the actual result in pixels anyway, and there might be a drawing contest someday, but for now I think you get better chances to win if you post a picture in pixels (even if you add the drawing as well)

1 hour ago, Wewereallnoobs said:

Why cant i vote? Fb page dont allow me to vote, and also, where is thatnecro costume? uuuuuuhh

It propably isnt there because its not his original design

Como funciona o sistema de votação?
Como fazer para votar na pagina do Facebook?

É através de curtidas ou é através dos comentários?

Desde já agradeço pela atenção ^ _ ^

Edited by JulioVieira
Correção na escrita

5 hours ago, JulioVieira said:

Como funciona o sistema de votação?
Como fazer para votar na pagina do Facebook?

É através de curtidas ou é através dos comentários?

Desde já agradeço pela atenção ^ _ ^

You vote by liking posts

14 minutes ago, gamagachu said:

What happens if costume exceeds 34-45 x 24 pixels?

It might not be taken into account by devs, cause it goes against terms of the contest.