Crossbows vs bows

extinct

which do u prefer  

296 members have voted

1. 1. which do u prefer

• crossbow
    • bow
    • both

I've used +9 lv17 arena crossbow, +8 lv15 arena crossbow, +7 and 10 SD bow, +9 lv15 arena bow

and so far my favorite was the crossbows

Why?

Well, bow has less accuracy meaning it's speed is worthless compared with crossbow's insane damage

bow is nothing without Blessing, Blessing is the time enemies CC or avoid you so it's gonna go byebye and the CC will also break your speed, crossbow still manages to do good amount of damage, if you get CC it still manages to out damage that hit a bow would do or miss from it's low accuracy.

That's pretty much it, but both is the same with blessing, I always get overkilled by a Ranger with Blessing on, so.

i like xbows becouse they have high def:) but  bows withbless are better.  so sd bow+ 10+bless=won but if not bless =lost

I don't really think there is a difference with crossbow and bow except different in speed and minor shortage in attack with bows from crossbows

I don't really think there is a difference with crossbow and bow except different in speed and minor shortage in attack with bows from crossbows

Damage and Accuracy.

You weren't wrong.

Speed is part of the difference

Bow gains Speed, loses Accuracy and Damage

Crossbow gains Damage and Accuracy, but loses Speed

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For me ranger is the most easy class to play in this game.. just click bless click opponent and boom !

As far as arena is concerned , i will say Xbow rules ... can kill any class if ur bless works good (lvl 20 arena)

For me ranger is the most easy class to play in this game.. just click bless click opponent and boom !

As far as arena is concerned , i will say Xbow rules ... can kill any class if ur bless works good (lvl 20 arena)

:facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

lol difference between bows and cbows is not that big, bows are for pro players, and cbows are for players with less skills, and for those who relay on blessing :facepalm: but, this is just my opinion

;D I love Bow before but I started to think that cbow is better now coz

Dmg + Acc Is better than Speed  ;D

sorry.. but what u said is pure BS.

@ninja ur right :give_rose:

• 2 weeks later...

Arena crossbows have accuration and more attack but a bit slowely against the bow. Bows have penetration and shoot faster.

If a mc got low dodge rate, then a bow will be like a killmachine. But if a mc got high dodgerate.. Look then how many u hit a dodge... Too bad i think cuz one dodge can be fatal. So then a crossbow will be usefull.. But then ur dexterty is lower also it can be fatal... But traps and scatter can do alot.

Its actualy the same idea with the dagger vs sword.

If u use a bow.. Then u can a mix up with accuration to try get thesame acc as when use crossbow. If u use crossbow.. U can mix it up with penetration and/or dexterty

Just say what i think :pardon:

Crossbow is better than bow. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

attack speed means absolutely nothing when you can kill people in less than 10 seconds like any ranger with an amped weapon can! in 10 seconds bow and xbow both can get off 3 hits. the SAME number of hits. Why not go with the weapon that does more damage per hit with more accuracy? xbow it is!

Crossbow is better than bow. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

attack speed means absolutely nothing when you can kill people in less than 10 seconds like any ranger with an amped weapon can! in 10 seconds bow and xbow both can get off 3 hits. the SAME number of hits. Why not go with the weapon that does more damage per hit with more accuracy? xbow it is!

Try to compare again, maybe then i fully agree.

I clearly see that a xbow hits slower without using powershot after a normal hit. What means that a enemy moved faster to u what can be dangerous depends of skills and kind of enemy. If a bow hits without dodge, the enemy is more slower down on the time of ur attack speed.

Even i see that bows have no acc and hit dodge more thats the point ur right.

So actualy its the last thing: dexterty or accuration. Then i think accuration will be better. But on both ways: depends on ur enchantments on the kind of armor

Ranger vs ranger pvp

Cross bow vs normal bow = normal bow win

My arena partner was xjaybo and we were up against wolfsy and mofh mofh had died and so did i then wolfsy and xjaybo had a pvp

Jaybo was doing 49 more damage but wolfsy could hit way faster it was like every x2 hit wolfsy did was x1 of jaybo's

But crossbows are only good for killing bds barbs shamans warlocks but for rouges and rangers normal bow wins :)

I didnt forget paladin and priest but u get the point xd ;)

You guys are over estimating the difference in attack speed.  It is 3.3 for the xbow vs.  2.8 for the bow. Half a second! Like I said in 10 secs both the bow and xbow can get off 3 reg hits (not counting enhancements, or blessing, or other skills). The bow will only have an advantage in very long battles cuz you would get more hits in. For pvp (short battles) you get the same amount of hits. Go worth more damage and accuracy go with xbow!

In the duel you are talking about, how comparable were the Rangers aside from weapon choice? Same amps? Same armor/crystals/runes? Was one able to use skills while the other had to wait for them to recharge? Sorry but too many variables for a single duel to convince me that bow is better.

You guys are over estimating the difference in attack speed.  It is 3.3 for the xbow vs.  2.8 for the bow. Half a second! Like I said in 10 secs both the bow and xbow can get off 3 reg hits (not counting enhancements, or blessing, or other skills). The bow will only have an advantage in very long battles cuz you would get more hits in. For pvp (short battles) you get the same amount of hits. Go worth more damage and accuracy go with xbow!

In the duel you are talking about, how comparable were the Rangers aside from weapon choice? Same amps? Same armor/crystals/runes? Was one able to use skills while the other had to wait for them to recharge? Sorry but too many variables for a single duel to convince me that bow is better.

Funny u say estimating

And still, its different on what kind of enchantment u do. I mean, did u really spend all different kinds of enchantments to see the different?

I have a own ranger, do u really think i dont see the different of xbow n bow? On some ways i have damn regrets i got a xbow cuz like what i said its slows down whatever that half sec.

What if u put enchantment fully with acc and then use just a bow that will hit that half sec faster? Each 2 hits is already 1 sec. Each 4 hits is already 2 sec.

It can be a endless discussion cuz bow n xbow both have some negative n positive ways

Not estimating... Overestimating.

I'm just saying most people use the attack speed of the bow as the reason the "bow is better" but it is not that big of a deal especially in short battles like in arena /pvp. Let's use your calculations... After 2 hits it is 1 sec faster but what does that extra one sec gain you? Nothing because the bow hits every 2.8 secs. You don't gain an extra hit. After 4 hits you gain 2 secs but what does it gain you?Not an extra hit over the xbow. After 5 hits you gain 2.5 secs but what does it get you? STILL not an extra hit.  And if you did more damage per hit you wouldn't need any more hits than that to kill somebody. Xbow win.

i know its a tad bit late but i think crossbow works better yea you lose speed but in all really youre a ranger an not supposed to get hit anyway when it comes to casters they can be a problem but i usually repel them after they fear me an problem solved cbow is better my opinon but increase ur repel shot an u should be good :)

Not estimating... Overestimating.

I'm just saying most people use the attack speed of the bow as the reason the "bow is better" but it is not that big of a deal especially in short battles like in arena /pvp. Let's use your calculations... After 2 hits it is 1 sec faster but what does that extra one sec gain you? Nothing because the bow hits every 2.8 secs. You don't gain an extra hit. After 4 hits you gain 2 secs but what does it gain you?Not an extra hit over the xbow. After 5 hits you gain 2.5 secs but what does it get you? STILL not an extra hit.  And if you did more damage per hit you wouldn't need any more hits than that to kill somebody. Xbow win.

On a long battle.. Yes it gains cuz that few lost seconds could be fattal. Its not more that just logical. Xbows are nothing better than just bows. Bows are nothing better than xbows. Both have their negative and positive points. We can calculate much but on the end calculate, both are good no matter what.

Quick calculation just based off 10% increased att speed from enchants.

Bow base= 2.8, with 15% increased attack speed your total is 2.38.

XBow base= 3.3, with 15% increased attack speed your total is 2.8.

So realisticaly the diffrence is .42 seconds.

-Take into account that very rarely you will be continuously firing at a constant rate.

Locks and stuns will prevent you from getting off multiple volleys so it is ideal to kick out as much damage as possible before your stunned.

Xbows are better against anything that can stun or heal, bows are better at farming for gold to buy upgrades for your Xbow.

-I prefer the xbows because those crits are so so scary and Xbow users are sexy.

Xbows are better against anything that can stun or heal, bows are better at farming for gold to buy upgrades for your Xbow.

-I prefer the xbows because those crits are so so scary and Xbow users are sexy.

Hahah couldn't have said it better myself

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its nothing to do with, 10shots every 30seconds or whatever.

Okay look at a pro runner ranger, the ranger can easily run n hit, with a bow he hits faster and more easily, with a xbow he might be late and tap on his target to shoot but, his xbow isnt ready to shoot yet so he was wrong and has to wait a few mseconds, anyway the most important part.

When using skills..

With an xbow, if u waited 3seconds then use powershot, ur normal shot cansels and u just fire ur powershot, and like1second after that u shoot, with bow u can easily shoot then use skills, same with scatter/blessing/dodge using it at 3seconds stops ur xbow from shooting, also, if u get stunned u cant shoot, so a ranger with a bow could shoot an arrow before u get blind, a ranger with a xbow would stand there for 3seconds not doing anything then getting stunned, also when pvping rogue, (i play both ranger and rogue) when the rogue is about to gouge u, u can shoot him once, then he gouges u, i mean im not saying e rogue is going to be waiting for u to shoot him but, with an xbow u could miss out in that 1extra shot, anyway a pro rogue with pro timing could easily ssteal that 1shot from a ranger with an xbow, becouse most pro rogues dont have 2blades, they have dagger and blade, so 2.7 attk speed or something, so they hit u, when u shoot them with xbow they hit u again and quickly gouge u, making u miss out in a hit.

And hey guys its mostly about speed but there is the stats remember, a ranger with a bow usualy has about 10-14speed, so they shoot like 2.5, and rangers with xbow shoot about 3.15becouse only like 7speed, anyway, bows=penet+crit+speed, xbows=accu+crit+penet, arena ones-

Bow=crit+penet+ress xbow=crit+accu+resil

My arena bow is very good, good for kiting, fast, almost always get a shot before i get stunned, or gouged, always shoot before i use skills,(or shoot then quickly skill) i tried xbow, but.. I seemed to always miss out on an extra shot and i seemed to do less dmg (i tested with +0bow and +0xbow)

Its not just about peoples prefrences, bow is better, to all those who disaggree are probably newbs, noobs, or +10 no brainers,

Hope my post helped some

like i said before bows are better  :dirol:  i pvped a ranger same amp as mine same equip only difference was he used a bow while i used a xbow he won  :facepalm:  but it was the speed of the bow  :spiteful:  some times power is not the only thing you need in battle  :bomb:

like i said before bows are better  :dirol:  i pvped a ranger same amp as mine same equip only difference was he used a bow while i used a xbow he won  :facepalm:  but it was the speed of the bow  :spiteful:  some times power is not the only thing you need in battle  :bomb:

ranger vs ranger? Sorry but i have to say..

It does depend on ur blessing alot aswell, i mean even if the xbower missed out on 2shots, becouse he got scatterd/skill stop or whatever, he couldve gotten luckier blessing and got more shots then the ranger with the bow, so ranger vs ranger isnt a good way to find out wich is better bow or xbow, unless both of u dont use blessing at all, thatwould actually be really good way to find out

• 6 months later...

bow hits fast cbow slow and there are many diffrence but even u have a doom bow ur acc sucks i have 21.5% att speed,,,,,,,,,but many of my short are dodged  :sorry:  i have 16.7% acc  while i use cbow  so i have less dodge............... i am still counfused what to use bow or cbow :'( 

Crossbow 223 atk 3.3 speed

Bow 189 atk 2.8 speed

Crossbow 5 x 223 = 1115 damage in 16.5 sec

Bow 6 x 189 = 1134 damage in 16.8 sec

its a basic calculation using arena weapon...(all depends your equipment status to make it faster or stronger)

maybe all i wrote is a bs :bad: ....so forgive me

Forgive my poor English

ur right, it can be the same damage on the end but, u can change it depending on ur gear and enchants, but anyway i like crossbow

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Crossbow > Bow.

point #1