Little doubt

Higgings

Hello everybody! :pin3:

I wanted to ask a question to our beloved community about a doubt which crossed my mind recently, as soon as I bought a new expert skill for my shaman (precisely, Lightning Shield).

Although I based my sham to be a damage dealer (with interesting results, since it is not yet completed) I decided to show this skill some love by levelling it up till the lv3. 

Let's now go off topic and focus on another general statistic, which is Life Steal. This statistic grants you a little percentage of HPs back once you deal any kind of damage to your opponent.

Here now is my doubt: Lightning Shield works almost like a Counterattack, thus, strikes the opponent with a bolt once he attacks us and deals us damage. This bolt should also gift the shammy a little more of hps, if he has life steal on his equipment. Yet it does not. So I wanted to ask, is that supposed to be normal? Or it is a bug?

Thank you for your time and I bid you a nice day! :bye:

Edited by Higgings

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

Hello everybody! :pin3:

I wanted to ask a question to our beloved community about a doubt which crossed my mind recently, as soon as I bought a new expert skill for my shaman (precisely, Lightning Shield).

Although I based my sham to be a damage dealer (with interesting results, since it is not yet completed) I decided to show this skill some love by levelling it up till the lv3. 

Let's now go off topic and focus on another general statistic, which is Life Steal. This statistic grants you a little percentage of HPs back once you deal any kind of damage to your opponent.

Here now is my doubt: Lightning Shield works almost like a Counterattack, thus, strikes the opponent with a bolt once he attacks us and deals us damage. This bolt should also gift the shammy a little more of hps, if he has life steal on his equipment. Yet it does not. So I wanted to ask, is that supposed to be normal? Or it is a bug?

Thank you for your time and I bid you a nice day:bye:

Bug? I think not

I asked Snorlax, his answer is that there is nothing wrong with this skill x life steal. I have a Pvp Shaman and I prefer to to add points to my totems. Although there are many builds for shaman, I will write some info about skills later )

7 hours ago, Aкasha said:

I asked Snorlax, his answer is that there is nothing wrong with this skill x life steal. I have a Pvp Shaman and I prefer to to add points to my totems. Although there are many builds for shaman, I will write some info about skills later )

Mmm i can try to make a video if necessary. But if you are telling that the damage dealt by this skill is not affected by Life Steal on purpose, then pity. I will just deal with it I guess :okay:

But thank you for asking him! :pin3:

Edited by Higgings
Added stuff

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

Mmm i can try to make a video if necessary. But if you are telling that the damage dealt by this skill is not affected by Life Steal on purpose, then pity. I will just deal with it I guess :okay: But thank you for asking him! :pin3:

I didn't say that I agree with it, but he's the all mighty when it comes to skills xD  he doesn't seem to be going to touch it anytime soon.

:dunno:

5 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

I didn't say that I agree with it, but he's the all mighty when it comes to skills xD  he doesn't seem to be going to touch it anytime soon.

:dunno:

Oh well. At least it clarified my doubt. Thanks a lot! :bye:

• 1 month later...

uhm I have noticed something in these last days, by surfing into the forum into the Bladedancer class' section. (sorry for reviving this topic, but I'll take this also as an excuse to hear your opinions) 

as I clarified here:

On 11/26/2018 at 5:27 PM, Higgings said:

Lightning Shield works almost like a Counterattack, thus, strikes the opponent with a bolt once he attacks us and deals us damage

I remember the counterattack skill of bds that it used to heal the character through life steal, if the skill itself managed to trigger. I mean... uhm... shouldn't it be the same (logically speaking) for the a shaman as well? That shield after all deals damage, so it shall heal you a bit back if its effect triggers. 

:depressed: