New feature for the market

Gaddafi

Hello, my suggestion is to add a buying option in market.

How will this work?

When you go to the market (2nd hand dealer) you will have two options, buy and sell, sell is what we currently have now, buy would be the same but instead you will choose an item you want to buy and set the amount and price. For example:

If I want to buy 30 ethereal substance for 6k each, you'll put that offer in buying option and people who would like to sell there items can search through the market and directly sell their items. 

Why would you add this?

This will be useful for many things such as:

Players who don't play very actively and would like to buy things without spamming trade chat or looking in market every now and then.

Players who would like to instantly sell their items for quick cash, providing someone put an offer to buy that item.

Price balance between buyers and sellers for commen items such as stam or signs.

I don't believe this will be very hard to implement and players would really appreciate some positive changes which will allow them to focus more on enjoying the game.

Not needed as to say but would be nice feature, instead of searching chat 10 years ask in market but i guess that means ull need have link every item in ws to be able to do this which will make it lag

14 hours ago, Counciler said:

Not needed as to say but would be nice feature, instead of searching chat 10 years ask in market but i guess that means ull need have link every item in ws to be able to do this which will make it lag

Yes true thats the only downside, but I hardly think it will make it lag.

1. Sell offer placed for 100g
    1.1 System checks available buy offers and compares
  2. Buy offer placed for 99g
    2.1 System checks available offers and compares 
    2.2 -> Nothing happens
  3. Seller decreases price to 80g
    3.1 System checks available buy offers { if it finds more than one, it gives priority to the oldest one }
    3.2 System finds offer >80g
    3.3 Sale is made and both offers are removed

(99g <-> 80g) - ? what happens here 19g => to the buyer or seller or  split. 

In order to avoid work and loading unecessary content, the best place to show the list of ''buy offers'' is here under the ''Avarage market price'' :

market.png

and here is an example of where the player could have the third option ( place an offer to buy an item) :

market2.png

What I think that is important to mention, if it ever happens to be implemented is:

• You will search for the name of the item, not level or category.
    This function is not meant for browsing and comparing items, for this there is the knowledge base website.
  • The search shows the 5 most relevant items max.
    If you don't know the whole name of the item you should still be able to find, but if you have no clue of how it's called, first you should do your own search.
  • You are not able to see other buy offers 
    this fuction is not meant to generante massive barging about prices of items.
  • If you post a buy offer for the same amount of another one, the item will be sold for the oldest
    you should be able to reniew your offer as well as in the current system. 
  • The offers to buy items will also expire to avoid spammings
    I don't doubt the possibility of players to set buy offers in items 28 for 1g.. I think there could be some limits of buying offers to a certain item too. 

these are important things to make sure this could prevent problems.. now you can develope your idea further considering them. 

Edited by Aкasha

Im sorry Akasha, but you don't seem to understand exactly what I mean, or perhaps I didn't explain it very well.

What I suggest here is to add an option exactly like what we have now, but instead of offering items to sell,  you offer items to buy.

All items will be exactly in the same categories.

If I want to buy for example: one craft head armor for 300k and someone have crafted head armor, then they can sell it directly and receive 300k.

I appreciate the thoughts that you added.

I can give more details on how this option should work if the dev team is interested in implementing this suggestion. 

Again, thank you for taking the time to review my suggestion. 

3 hours ago, Aкasha said:
  • Sell offer placed for 100g
    1.1 System checks available buy offers and compares
  • Buy offer placed for 99g
    2.1 System checks available offers and compares 
    2.2 -> Nothing happens
  • Seller decreases price to 80g
    3.1 System checks available buy offers { if it finds more than one, it gives priority to the oldest one }
    3.2 System finds offer >80g
    3.3 Sale is made and both offers are removed

(99g <-> 80g) - ? what happens here 19g => to the buyer or seller or  split. 

This part confused me a little. Are you saying if there are multiple buying offers lets say 80g and 85g and the 80g is an older one and a seller puts the item for sale for 80g it should be sold to the 80g offer? It should always be sold for the highest price possible so in this case for 85g in my opinion. Or in your case it should be sold for 99g even though the seller put it for only 80g.

Just now, kimkaa said:

This part confused me a little. Are you saying if there are multiple buying offers lets say 80g and 85g and the 80g is an older one and a seller puts the item for sale for 80g it should be sold to the 80g offer? It should always be sold for the highest price possible so in this case for 85g in my opinion. Or in your case it should be sold for 99g even though the seller put it for only 80g.

For example if i have 5 stamina seeker elixir that I want to sell. I'll go to market > sell > facilities > stamina seeker elixir, then it depends on how many want to buy and what price they offer, of course I'll choose the person who offers the most and directly sell and receive gold.

Ps: if the person I sold to had an offer to buy 50 stamina seekers elixir and I sold him 10 then the amount he wants to buy will go down to 40.

This means if I ask to buy an item, for example: 10 repairs for 500 gold per piece, then 5k gold will be removed from my bag in case someone sells their item (repair scrolls).

I'm sorry if this sounds so confusing to explain but in action it really isn't,  I've seen this in so many games before and it's really so convenient.

27 minutes ago, kimkaa said:

I was referring to Akasha's comment. And I believe she suggested an automated system

you're right..

that was an unhappy example, I don't think that a seller in right mind would decrease the value to 80g if he can see an offer for 99g. The rule about the "oldest buy offer" is applied if you have 2 exact same offers (80g and 80g). 

The item could be sold to the highest offer (even if you type a sell for a lower ammount) but then what would happen to the difference? I suppose you'd like this to go to the seller, right?

Now I will explain why I didn't want to apply this rule to the system:

It won't matter because you will have to set an equal or lower amount than the highest "buy offer" manually to be able to auto-sell the item anyway.

And as we know.. no one would type a lower amount than the highest offer normally

unless..

the player wants to transfer the item to another char. If we don't apply this rule, players could make buy offers in their other chars and get to transfer without as much risk as it is nowadays.. because than the buyer would place the offer (e.g. 10g) and the seller would select/type the amount of that "buy offer" in case he wants to sell to this one.

But this is just something that I thought to solve 2 problems at once.. without affecting the market system. Because players already asked to add mail systems and other stuff with this purpose many times..

Well, there is still another important rule:

Once the buyer placed his offer, the ammount of gold should be withheld in the market to ensure the payment until the offer expires.

The person who is searching in the buy section will not specify the gold or item name. They will just go to the category, look at the buy offers made by other players and directly sell their items.

And yes the buy value will always be greater than the sell value, it's just for players convince. 

4 hours ago, Gaddafi said:

I can give more details on how this option should work if the dev team is interested in implementing this suggestion. 

Again, thank you for taking the time to review my suggestion. 

It works the other way, if you could explain your idea (preferably with roots/path or formulas or code) this would make it easier for everyone to understand if this is possible and how hard it is to implement. 

Now making it *the way you're suggesting* would load a lot of unecessary information to players. Maybe this isn't the best way of implementing this function in game - in my personal opinion. And you didn't explain the idea in more details on how to search for the items and what you said before:

" if I ask to buy an item, for example: 10 repairs for 500 gold per piece, then 5k gold will be removed from my bag in case someone sells their item " 

What happens if you place an offer to buy something and you spend all your in the meantime if it doesn't withhold the amount? How would this work for the game system?

I like your suggestion and really would like it to be possible. But there are still many gaps.. let's make it beautiful and friendly to our developers first :ah:

Edited by Aкasha

9 hours ago, Aкasha said:

What happens if you place an offer to buy something and you spend all your in the meantime if it doesn't withhold the amount? How would this work for the game system? 

I didn't really understand the question. Can you please explain. 

12 hours ago, Aкasha said:

Once the buyer placed his offer, the ammount of gold should be withheld in the market to ensure the payment until the offer expires.

That is what I mean by saying this: " if I ask to buy an item, for example: 10 repairs for 500 gold per piece, then 5k gold will be removed from my bag in case someone sells their item " 

Ps: I wish I could have been more detailed to avoid all this confusion, but im using a phone so it's harder to organise and edit plus I cant upload pictures or at least don't know how.

Edited by Gaddafi

4 hours ago, Gaddafi said:

I didn't really understand the question. Can you please explain. 

the word gold was missing there.. anyway, we both agree that the system should prevent the player to spend the amount of gold while the buy offer is active.

Yes you can add images, when you open the tex editor you will see Click to choose files where you can attach images. 

Edited by Aкasha

I mean is it necessary to see other's selling or buying offers at all? It could all be automatic. You put a repair scroll for 1 gold and the system will search the highest offer available and you will get the best price for it. If you put it for 1000 gold you might have to wait a little until someone makes such high offer. You could also put a buying offer of a thousand (1000) repairs 600 gold each and the system will automatically purchase them as it finds matching selling offers(and you offer the highest amount among the buyers). The point is you don't need to see anyone else's offers and it is all automatic. Kind of like Runescape's Grand Exchange is (or was at least back when I played it like a decade ago 😂). Of course this wouldn't solve the problem with transferring but it would definitely make buying and selling items so much easier.

3 minutes ago, kimkaa said:

Kind of like Runescape's Grand Exchange is (or was at least back when I played it like a decade ago 😂). Of course this wouldn't solve the problem with transferring but it would definitely make buying and selling items so much easier.

I have seen the Runescape system you're talking about. My suggestion was considering the other issue with transferring. I understand your suggestion and it's good.. I don't know what is the current limit for each space when you add items to the market, but with progressive sales (adding 600 and keep discounting automatically) people wouldn't make different offers (1 repair or 1 set) anymore and extra spaces for market (stalls) wouldn't be as popular anymore. 😥 

True but I don't think stalls are that significant part of income for the company. Moreover, it's not good to always think about the money first but to see past that and realize these kind of features improve the gameplay making it more convenient and just better for the consumers. And that can lead to increased income for them. After all, lots of people including myself have many different items to sell and purchase at the same time so I would definitely need to buy the stalls even with this system.

On 11/24/2018 at 2:05 PM, kimkaa said:

True but I don't think stalls are that significant part of income for the company. Moreover, it's not good to always think about the money first but to see past that and realize these kind of features improve the gameplay making it more convenient and just better for the consumers. And that can lead to increased income for them. 

In practice I don't see it leadig to income increase at all - this is only for conveniency. Truth be told, improvements like this hardly change the profit. In addition, this is seen more like an obligation from the player point of view (to improve the gameplay) than anything else. Still, I personally would like this to be implemented.

I've seen over 4 years of user feedback towards several improvements. Even significant ones in my opinion, improving leveling up system, gold drop, hotkeys.. users keep complaning or find something else to criticize. If you think that players will say: "Oh they worked to imporve our gameplay, I'm so grateful that now I will spend more in this game." - good luck with that! 😂

I'm not thinking only about the money, but I'm considering both sides. Like I said, I believe this is a work worth doing. However I'm thinking of a win win way of doing so. Our developers will take care of the decision, neither of us should argue much about which way is better. I joined the discussion for fun and interest :tongue: 

I've given no official replies to that yet ))

Edited by Aкasha

It's all good I appreciate your point of view and didn't mean to accuse you of anything. I just hear the money argument a lot generally. And you are right it's not gonna directly increase the income at all that's not what I meant but just improving the game overall is going to attract more people and keep the old ones in here longer. Even if this was implemented it wouldn't drastically change the game to be much better but it'd be a good start anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this idea, its just brilliant! But who pays the middle man (dealer)?

Would the tax, so to speak, be split between both the buyer and the seller? Will the buyer pay it since they made the offer, or will the seller pay it like with the current system?

1 hour ago, IrishBoar said:

I really like this idea, its just brilliant! But who pays the middle man (dealer)?

Would the tax, so to speak, be split between both the buyer and the seller? Will the buyer pay it since they made the offer, or will the seller pay it like with the current system?

The buyer would pay the fees, just like the current system or it will be deducted from the amount of gold they receive.

On 12/16/2018 at 1:41 AM, kimkaa said:

just remove the fee :are_you_fucking_kidding_me:

Ah but Kimkaa, that would remove the extra element of fun. Having to directly interact with a player to make the most money is interesting. It encourages ppl to make in-game friends and/or trading partners, and adds an element of community spirit that the game really needs to regain. :drinks:

1 hour ago, IrishBoar said:

Ah but Kimkaa, that would remove the extra element of fun. Having to directly interact with a player to make the most money is interesting. It encourages ppl to make in-game friends and/or trading partners, and adds an element of community spirit that the game really needs to regain. :drinks:

Aye

Player A: "how much for that sword?"

Player B: "150k dude"

Player A: *silence*

mqdefault.jpg.b60fac4f1de0e59794360b95fb6800fe.jpg

Player B: "so, shall we proceed with the deal?"

INFO: Player A has Ignored you.

Edited by Higgings
Take it as a joke, please xd

4 hours ago, IrishBoar said:

Aka spam trade chat for hours only to have this conversation:

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

Aye

:teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

On 12/17/2018 at 11:00 PM, Higgings said:

Aye

And it's not even a joke

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2018 at 3:22 PM, Gaddafi said:

Hello, my suggestion is to add a buying option in market.

How will this work?

When you go to the market (2nd hand dealer) you will have two options, buy and sell, sell is what we currently have now, buy would be the same but instead you will choose an item you want to buy and set the amount and price. For example:

If I want to buy 30 ethereal substance for 6k each, you'll put that offer in buying option and people who would like to sell there items can search through the market and directly sell their items. 

Why would you add this?

This will be useful for many things such as:

Players who don't play very actively and would like to buy things without spamming trade chat or looking in market every now and then.

Players who would like to instantly sell their items for quick cash, providing someone put an offer to buy that item.

Price balance between buyers and sellers for commen items such as stam or signs.

I don't believe this will be very hard to implement and players would really appreciate some positive changes which will allow them to focus more on enjoying the game.

It should be like the Steam market place I think. Also it is really important thing for me, it saves time and it will stimulate economy of the game. 

Also remove the fee from the game, it is basically deleting gold from the game.