Seeker's Harad's shield

Shitzo

There seems to be a problem with the Seeker's skill Harad's Shield

When you use it for the 1st time and get 10 stacks of the damage buff and then use it a 2nd time, before the damage buff from 1st usage has expired, it will not overwrite/extend the buff from the 1st use of the skill and the buff will expire based on the duration of the 1st usage making the 2nd shield damage buff useless.

It's not really a major issue if you use it at the right time but this will make the "shield" aspect of it kinda pointless if you study the skill to lvl 5 and have the continuous relic since these extend the duration of the damage buff, or if you have high skill cooldown. It can also be a problem against enemies with randomly timed damage-over-time or AoE attacks since you won't know when you will take damage.

I can't provide a video explaining it clearly right now, maybe someone else could in the meantime.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope, at 10 damage stacks the next shield doesn't add/overwrite to the damage buff.

Also, if you have 9 stacks of damage from the first usage of the shield and take damage from the 2nd usage, even if the shield isn't fully consumed, you will get 10 damage stacks once the 9 stacks expire. Though, this isn't really a common situation. Not exactly sure how this happens, but it only occurs to me at 9 stacks.

I don't fully understand the mechanics of this skill then I will read its description and test the skill myself here, as soon as I get the problem clear in my head I can forward a detailed request to developers. I will ask Batman's help

:smoke:

The shield gives you damage buff after someone hits you. If you have the damage buff from previous shield active and you use shield again, the old dmg buff has few seconds left before it disappears. If you happen to get dmg buff from the new shield, the buffs from that will disappear with the old one.

edit: You can test yourself. Use shield and at the end of it ask someone to hit you. Then use shield again and ask someone to hit you. The buffs will go away sooner than they should.

Edited by Zurp

• Akasha locked this topic