content copying from the game League of Legends

borisdekleer

Hello Aigrind,

Where do i start...oh yea!

So, I came across this new costume you wanted to release next patch, which looks really odd to me.

Let us take a closer look at:

LOL Kled.jpg

WS kled.jpg

As you can see here above, there are 2 pictures.

The first picture is from the game League of Legends and the second one of course from our beloved and adored game, warspear online.

So, as we are looking at both of them, you can surely see they are almost identical. The only difference is the missing skull on the warspear version.

League of Legends as I know, is not very happy by other content creators, stealing their designs. Honestly I would be ashamed as art designer of Warspear to even try to publish such a thing, but I suppose that is just me.

I hope I have informed you enough about my topic :)

Yours sincerely,

Boris 

Warspear has costumes that are clearly pixel version of some actual thing and hairstyles that are almost identical to that of a real thing

Costume that comes to mind is (Willy?) from halloween 2015

Edited by Jcbreff

We have had bosses with the resemblances of characters from very famous Movies such as Saw, the Enigmist (Halloween 2015) called then "Wally the Puppet" and fought as Main Boss in dungeons of the Median Night Event of 2015, indeed.

Can't see such a huge scandal with that, in my humble opinion. :tuktuk:

its blatent copyright theft as they did it with the nightmare before Christmas and relabelled it horrible jack with a minor alteration. Nian is blatently blanka from street fighter. the list goes on and on.

the problem is that because of minor alterations such as the chinese do with cars, they class it as something entirely different even tho they have blatently stole someone elses design and hard work :P

I am sorry but you make no sense at all. I do not see how that would solve my issue here @Leeon Muller.

@JackbI sure agree with you on that one, there have been costumes looking quite close to the ones of other companies but this design is just absurd. Even the eye colours match...that is even the lowest effort of copyrighting.

10 hours ago, Higgings said:

We have had bosses with the resemblances of characters from very famous Movies such as Saw, the Enigmist (Halloween 2015) called then "Wally the Puppet" and fought as Main Boss in dungeons of the Median Night Event of 2015, indeed.

Taking inspirations from movies is quite different than this in my opinion

11 hours ago, Higgings said:

Resembelance is quite different from a blunt, direct copy. I’m pretty sure League of Legends has protected their content with copyrights, and what Warspear is doing is nothing short of copyright infringement (also known as piracy). This is quite pathetic for a game company like Aigrind if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Refaim said:

Resembelance is quite different from a blunt, direct copy. I’m pretty sure League of Legends has protected their content with copyrights, and what Warspear is doing is nothing short of copyright infringement (also known as piracy). This is quite pathetic for a game company like Aigrind if you ask me.

They made their own pixeled version (possibly) based on their character. Maybe they did it by themselves without knowing it even existed 🙂 Quite pathetic to blame them for this. 

1 hour ago, GalaxyRekt said:

They made their own pixeled version (possibly) based on their character. Maybe they did it by themselves without knowing it even existed 🙂 Quite pathetic to blame them for this. 

do u actually believe this yourself :are_you_fucking_kidding_me:

I honestly don't see where the problem is.

Costumes in Warspear Online are wearables. It's like you wore a Halloween costume all year in real life. Should companies sue you for wearing a costume that resembles one of their characters?

These items are implemented in the game to make them more interesting to play. 

Ezio from AC, Wally from Saw, the Witch King from The Lord of The Rings (as well as the Apocalypse Rider - Nazgúl)...etc...

They are all popular characters from famous franchises. It makes the game way more interesting to play with. 

Besides, even if many of them resemble to other characters from other franchises, Warspear Online still has many unique characters and costumes.

And I am quite sure they know what they are doing. They aren't a small little company, their game has millions of players. They draw attention. They know if it was in any case illegal they would have to pay the price for it.

Edited by BennyBT

• 3 weeks later...

There are literally Dragonborn costumes in the game. I'm sure Aigrind is allowed to use them.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:09 AM, BennyBT said:

I honestly don't see where the problem is.

Costumes in Warspear Online are wearables. It's like you wore a Halloween costume all year in real life. Should companies sue you for wearing a costume that resembles one of their characters?

These items are implemented in the game to make them more interesting to play. 

Ezio from AC, Wally from Saw, the Witch King from The Lord of The Rings (as well as the Apocalypse Rider - Nazgúl)...etc...

They are all popular characters from famous franchises. It makes the game way more interesting to play with. 

Besides, even if many of them resemble to other characters from other franchises, Warspear Online still has many unique characters and costumes.

And I am quite sure they know what they are doing. They aren't a small little company, their game has millions of players. They draw attention. They know if it was in any case illegal they would have to pay the price for it.

The problem is that Aigrind is making money off of it.

Edited by Nosotraes