Noob skill: life exhaust

First of all dont call kyu pathetic, hes one of the older players ive played with and he lnows what hes doing. Second of all ive never played warlock since it felt dumb having shaman and warlock that are so very similar, but from what I understand exhaust roughly heals 1/4 of your dark magic (at lv5) so even with 400 dark magic it would only heal 100hp. The additional dps is not bad, but for healing purposes its not good enough if you ask me. Warlock has its stun-lock and should focus on that and dmg, warlock will never be an efficiant self-healer atleast not in arena, maybe pve it works decent..

@Bloody, it heals multiple times and crits too.

I wouldn't call it useless, I used to have 5 circle and fear and 3 exhaust at lvl 18-19, I had no problem in swamps and wars, my survivability was almost equal to a shaman's, I use regen rings with dark damage and  had 97 regen with 60+ exhaust heals and 120 crits, Now I got Book and reseted my skills to Arrow Fear and Circle 5, I don't regret anything but I'm having a hard time doing swamps especially getting past Shackle Towers and at war I need to afk at nadir 50% of the time to regen my hp with 99 regen and it still takes long, I agree exhaust is useless in arena when you compare it with Arrow but other than that I think exhauast is more usefull.

One negative thing of exhaust is each time you upgrade it, I see a small improvement in damage increase, I think it's bugged or something ( not sure now didn't test it ) exactly why I say it's useless in arena but the heals is just perfect for a warlock.

And most warlocks don't use regen rings so if you are one and having problem with swamps I say upgrade exhaust than arrow.

My point here is, exhaust is not noob or useless, it's a big help in outside arena alone.

Logic fairness:

Blessing : 250 dmg + 250 dmg = 500 dmg

Life exhaust : 250 dmg + 250 heal = 250 dmg, 250 heal

When ranger do blessing like above, so warlock decreasing 500 HP but warlock do life exhaust with 250 dmg and 250 heal.

Result:

* Warlock recovering 250 HP instead of 500 dmg = receiving 250 dmg from ranger.

* Ranger receiving 250 dmg from warlock.

Developers should improve life exhaust skill.

Logic fairness:

Blessing : 250 dmg + 250 dmg = 500 dmg

Life exhaust : 250 dmg + 250 heal = 250 dmg, 250 heal

When ranger do blessing like above, so warlock decreasing 500 HP but warlock do life exhaust with 250 dmg and 250 heal.

Result:

* Warlock recovering 250 HP instead of 500 dmg = receiving 250 dmg from ranger.

* Ranger receiving 250 dmg from warlock.

Developers should improve life exhaust skill.

First i agree with you without problems.  ;)

Lol.. Maybe this is in wrong topic but..

Each tank class has a "taunt" skill

Leveling it up is 100% useless in pvp

So should each class make a thread about their "noob" skill?

Taunts should decrease accuracy of enemy target for its duration imo.

Like inflict "berserk" ailment.

That would be so sweet. How about a controlled rage. Like blind or fear but it forces the target to use only normal attacks on you + that during this blind rage it has a debuff too? Acc lowering or def boost, something. This could be a extremly good skill for arena tanks forcing lets say a bd to lose target on your partner and run over to do normal swing dmg on you. I like to use threads of darkness this way pulling people of my mage partner giving him a second and hopefully using a stun with the 2-3secs of time I bought for him/her

• 1 month later...

When life exhaust is compared to blessing, what should I compare plash with?

power shot = power shot    = fireball      = merciless strike

trap      = dark circle  = chains        = gauge

blessing  = plash        = stone shatter  = stealth

scatter    = fear          = teleport      = kick in ass :lol:

evation    = life exhaust  = some skill    = evasion

I am right.   

When life exhaust is compared to blessing, what should I compare plash with?

power shot = power shot    = fireball      = merciless strike

trap      = dark circle  = chains        = gauge

blessing  = plash        = stone shatter  = stealth

scatter    = fear          = teleport      = kick in ass :lol:

evation    = life exhaust  = some skill    = evasion

I am right. 

You are wrong.

You're not suppose to compare classes, smart asses.

Each class has it's own weakness and strengths against a certain class, and each class has a certain weakness against ALL classes.

When this game has 20 skills that can be used as counters to other classes and balance 1 on 1 no matter what class it is, just like in WoW, then you can start comparing classes which would be pointless in the end cause each class is unique.

lol...i think im the noobest warlock of any server....

my skills set up(lv 14 arena):

5 fear 1 dark Circle 3 Life 2 Plash 2 dark arrow(dont remenber right name of skills)will be this way til i can buy book.

anyway....it has been working in arena bcuz i stay back of all just hitting enemies(5x5) :lol: 

forgive my poor "English"

lol...i think im the noobest warlock of any server....

my skills set up(lv 14 arena):

5 fear 1 dark Circle 3 Life 2 Plash 2 dark arrow(dont remenber right name of skills)will be this way til i can buy book.

anyway....it has been working in arena bcuz i stay back of all just hitting enemies(5x5) :lol: 

forgive my poor "English"

Well you messed up your skills a little :tease:  but nobody are noobs u just need to know how to use it. Although i suggest u go for max fear. Max dark circle and max arrow