Paladin as a Healer Discussion

slay

So here we will discuss about potential Paladin as a second healer in a party

Its just my rough observation while playing Paladin

Light aura : increase the healing effects by roughly 12% per skill --> at level 5 potentially up to +60% bonus to the Paladin and +25% for other party member

Heavenly light: restore some HP by roughly 20% per skill --> potentially up to +80% at level 5 (the +20% additional start from lv2)

Base healing power is 54 at level 1 heavenly light without any astral gears

The healing power will be strengthen by every point of astral

How much max astral potentially we could get?

-two rings roughly @12 astral = 24

-1h mace roughly = 48 (I just pick the arena weapon)

-cloak = 8

-amulet = 12

Total = 92

So here the rough estimation how much the Paladin healing power:

(Base healing power + total astral) + ((Base healing power + total astral) * (light aura bonus + heavenly light bonus))

54 + 92 + ((54 + 92) * (60% + 80%))

146 + 204

So roughly a Paladin with 92 astral could heal around 350 hp per 13 seconds!

Well its not good enough in pvp but in the boss hunt it will help a lot when you waiting your potion cooling down

And the most awesome is any druid with 250 heal would become awesome healer with 312 heal by your level 5 aura!

But to get this benefit you should sacrifice Fetters of justice  :unknw:

Please give positive feedback according to your observation and make the estimation more accurate

Beers for you  :drinks:

So here we will discuss about potential Paladin as a second healer in a party

Its just my rough observation while playing Paladin

Light aura : increase the healing effects by roughly 12% per skill --> potentially up to +48% bonus at level 5 for whole party

Heavenly light: restore some HP by roughly 20% per skill --> potentially up to +100% at level 5

Base healing power is 54 at level 1 heavenly light without any astral gears

The healing power will be strengthen by every point of astral

How much max astral potentially we could get?

-two rings roughly @12 astral = 24

-1h mace roughly = 32 (I just pick the lvl 9 weapon)

-cloak = 8

-amulet = 12

Total = 76 --> lets say 70 astral

So here the rough estimation how much the Paladin healing power:

(Base healing power + total astral) + ((Base healing power + total astral) * (light aura bonus + heavenly light bonus))

54 + 70 + ((54 + 70) * (48% + 100%))

124 + 183

So roughly a Paladin with 70 astral could heal around 300 hp per 13 seconds!

Well its not good enough in pvp but in the boss hunt it will help a lot when you waiting your potion cooling down

But to get this benefit you should sacrifice Fetters of justice  :unknw:

Please give positive feedback according to your observation and make the estimation more accurate

Beers for you  :drinks:

But good topic. I dont think that paladin gonna be the mainhealer in a party with a druid and a priest, seconds healer too. But when that is said, then is 300 heal anyway good for a melee. My 80 heal (Without aura) is very useful for my lv7 pally. And i also bought the lv9 mace 8)

I gonna do heal atleast lv4, and then maybe aura lv2, or maxout heal. Or maybe each lv3

I plans my paly skill lv 5 purify, n aura

Still not decide foj 3 n heaven light 3 or foj 5 heaven light 1

Becoz I chose 2h weapon for my paly,

For now my paly stat are lv15, astral 24, purify 5 , foj 3, aura 3

Other at 1. Weapons 2h axe, shield n still no one h wep.

Paladin as a healer would be effective if using shield and mace (the only weapon with astral).

And to be a good tanker with shield you should allocate 5 points on persuasion to lock the boss on you, unfortunately its waste for pvp purpose.

Actually block chance combine with dodge chance make you a great tank in a party since its could avoid any kind of attack.

So, in my opinion Paladin with mace+shield is a must if you want to maximize your healing power.

Without 1h mace, you will loose around 100 healing capability in high rank, still 100 its not so big since in pvp one hit more than 200

So, being a healer Paladin = hard target because take advantage of the shield defense and block chance

paladin needs progress... or even put skill cooldown lower

paladin heal is useless :(

lmao you want a melee class being a healer? funnies shit i've ever read  :lol:

Paladin as a healer would be effective if using shield and mace (the only weapon with astral).

And to be a good tanker with shield you should allocate 5 points on persuasion to lock the boss on you, unfortunately its waste for pvp purpose.

Actually block chance combine with dodge chance make you a great tank in a party since its could avoid any kind of attack.

So, in my opinion Paladin with mace+shield is a must if you want to maximize your healing power.

Without 1h mace, you will loose around 100 healing capability in high rank, still 100 its not so big since in pvp one hit more than 200

Still gather arena point for buy arena mace, n gather gold to buy bg mace  :drinks:

So, being a healer Paladin = hard target because take advantage of the shield defense and block chance

wonder how much heal if use astral items like lvl17  rings,amulet 18,claok 17 n lvl18 wpn with astral ! 1k+ ?

Bad at calculation ,so pls try to estimate it  :D

Just wondering what can do at high lvl  :D

wonder how much heal if use astral items like lvl17  rings,amulet 18,claok 17 n lvl18 wpn with astral ! 1k+ ?

Bad at calculation ,so pls try to estimate it  :D

Just wondering what can do at high lvl  :D

You should know how much total astral you will get and put it in the formula I post in the beginning, well its an estimation that might give you idea

But remember that paladin heal skill cooldown is 13 secs, you should combine it with high hp regen to become hard as the steel

paladin needs progress... or even put skill cooldown lower

paladin heal is useless :(

Paladin = Tank

Make his heal more better will make him a Tank and Healer, unless we can make this fair and maybe give DK's x2 Damage?

Just imagine, Paladin with 3k hp and 2-4k defense with self heals and a DK who does enough DPS to get a chance to crit over  that Paladin's heals, seems fair, oh well, let's just hope other classes won't whine.

If Paladin's can be healers they should be able to choose a role cause unlike other games this game is ALL MANA, each class can have equal mana  without affecting their main role.

like some other games ( WoW, etc. )

Paladins pick a role and get different skills and they must wear Clothe armour ( gives mana and magic attack/heal attributes )

so if they wear that = they cannot tank.

and ofcourse as Tank they wear plate which gives Health and Melee Damage attributes, if they don't wear the right equipment then they won't do shit.

Unlike here you can go full plate with defense enchants/Health regen + use a shield AND still use Mana enchants for Regen/more  Mana.

So my point is, paladin heals should have a limit, not like a 100% heal, more like heal 20-50% hp ( increase with skill lvl )

and let's face it, even 50% hp heal is too much, think you know why.

;D Don't worry if a paladin want to build as a healer, as I said he should use 1h mace which has low damage, he will go full defense.

He can't do much dps, yea he would be tough as steel but have a hard time to kill his opponent tho.

Sometimes it will be a hard enemy for rogue that run away because he can heal himself to full hp...

So for poor rogue should choose gouge, stealth than run hiding somewhere or fight with honor to die, but remember that rogue have 2 swords with higher dps than healer type paladin.

Paladin heal so low with 13 secs cooldown, its not scarry...its COOL!  8)

Paladin heal so low with 13 secs cooldown, its not scarry...its COOL!  8)

Exactly why he cannot heal  :wacko:

13 second cooldown heal won't be so good since it isn't HoT

Tank would be dead before he can heal, he is more like a Supporter for healers, make their heal more effective and help them heal for small %.

Exactly why he cannot heal  :wacko:

13 second cooldown heal won't be so good since it isn't HoT

Tank would be dead before he can heal, he is more like a Supporter for healers, make their heal more effective and help them heal for small %.

Exactly. Paladin's heal is a great bonus if he/she is doing solo quests. But during party quests, it is a bonus too, but it will be just a support heal. Once again, it's a matter of knowing when and where you're going to use a specific skill. It brings out a player's insticnt to read the tide of any battle.

• 4 weeks later...

lmao you want a melee class being a healer? funnies shit i've ever read  :lol:

paladin is not a barbarian. i dont get people building paladins without the heal skill. that's like having a barbarian and wasting a great skill like healing. i heal 294 at lvl 4 skill with some lvl 13 items,i bet with lvl 17/18 items ill pass 400 heal easy. that means i can heal myself every few seconds (still dont know the reset time for skill)by 400hp or 800!! if crit, even if my dmg is lower with mace it's atack speed is faster than 2h weapons, so heal + mace is a good choice i think even for pvp (oh and my aura only 1). at level 15 i was beating lvl19 barbs with like half my hp still left :D

paladin is not a barbarian. i dont get people building paladins without the heal skill. that's like having a barbarian and wasting a great skill like healing. i heal 294 at lvl 4 skill with some lvl 13 items,i bet with lvl 17/18 items ill pass 400 heal easy. that means i can heal myself every few seconds (still dont know the reset time for skill)by 400hp or 800!! if crit, even if my dmg is lower with mace it's atack speed is faster than 2h weapons, so heal + mace is a good choice i think even for pvp (oh and my aura only 1). at level 15 i was beating lvl19 barbs with like half my hp still left :D

Exactly, the best set up for Paladin is 1h mace + shield

Although your attack around 250 against opponent with 350. You have chance to block attack and when the opponent miss attack, lol you could retaliate faster. Speed 2.2 vs 3.1 is very different.

• 1 month later...

i build up my pala with aura n heal, and on 20lvl i heal 460hp (920in critical) with 148astral. its not a druid or a priest, but with 4500+ defence and that heal, gives everyone a hard time...