[2018.10.04] Сontest "Secrets of Mastery"

steam1000х525.png

Friends, we are pleased to announce the start of the new "Secrets of Mastery" contest!

Who else if not you, battle-scarred warriors, skillful adventurers and true masters of their craft, would be able to pass on valuable knowledge to all inhabitants of Arinar? Do not miss the chance to share your battle experience!

The authors of the 5 most informative, useful and visually pleasing guides will receive 8,000 Miracle Coins from us!

How to participate:

• Write a cool and useful guide (one participant - one guide)
  • Log in to your Steam account (or create one) and publish a guide in the appropriate section - “Guides” https://bit.ly/2QsH3V9
  • Follow the news and wait for results

You can write a guide on any topic. You can describe a simple and effective way of earning gold, a method of obtaining good equipment or anything that may be useful for new explorers of Arinar.

Hint: The results of our survey showed that the most desirable guides are about choosing and leveling up abilities, some secrets and ways of playing for a particular class.

We will evaluate:

• Relevance and usefulness of a guide
  • Author's approach to participation
  • Text readability (after all, guides are most often used by beginners)
  • Writing literacy
  • Appearance (text formatting, titles, images, screenshots, etc.)

Don't forget to rate and comment on other participants’ guides, because everyone needs support and constructive criticism!

Forbidden:

• Use of obscene language
  • Writing guides on actions that violate the License Agreement
  • Posting guides that already exist on the forum
  • Plagiarism

Contest dates:

Contest starts right now!
Last day of submission is 07/11/2018, 12:00 CET.

Guides that were created after that time won’t be reviewed.

It will take us some time to evaluate the works therefore we will announce the winners by 14/11/2018 at the latest.

May the knowledge be with you!

AIGRIND team

Edited by Reivenorik

2 hours ago, Peony said:
  • Posting guides that already exist on the forum

Forum guides need updates and changes: arena, gold, classes..

I think this requirement should be removed. After all if someone creates a guide with no relevance or outdated content, it's his/her loss. It won't win anyway! 

But we do need remakes, of course. Most guides from 2014 on forum are not useful anymore. And they are not even on Steam.

Edited by Aкasha

Nice I always wanted to make a Paladin guide since I get so many questions about the class in game and since none existed, at least not up-to-date, I think it's a good opportunity.

in 30 days, I can write a novel about playing warspear as a whole :christmascandy:
So, considering guides for specific classes, it allowed to ask devs/admins for skills formulas in private? 

Also is there any length maximum to the guides?

2 hours ago, Buudbd said:

Can I make a guide to everything related to the arena?

Why not? As long as you make it clear, understandable, and useful for players !

18 часов назад, Gladiator сказал:

So, considering guides for specific classes, it allowed to ask devs/admins for skills formulas in private? 

Yes, of course, you can always ask about it, but it is better to avoid it. The very presence of such formulas in a guide can frighten and repel a novice.

18 часов назад, Gladiator сказал:

Also is there any length maximum to the guides?

No, we do not set limits, you can write as many as you like.

13 часов назад, Buudbd сказал:

Can I make a guide to everything related to the arena?

Of course, I think you will definitely find your readers!

20 часов назад, Aкasha сказал:

I think this requirement should be removed. After all if someone creates a guide with no relevance or outdated content, it's his/her loss. It won't win anyway! 

We'll talk about transferring and adding existing guides later.
This should be done only by the authors or those who receive consent from the authors. I think it will be honest!
Of course, for this, we will create an incentive reward.

A few questions:

-Will graphics and fun detailing increase chances of winning?

-Is it 1 topic or can we give a thorough evaluation of the game?

-What format is good? Microsoft Word? Paint? A photo?

-Will a shorter guide with strong info better or the same as a long one with the same info but alot of fluff?

-How much will an interesting one with valid info be judged over a boring but very informative one?

On 10/6/2018 at 12:23 AM, Carpetlick said:

A few questions:

-Will graphics and fun detailing increase chances of winning?

Of course, since you don't mistake a guide and entertaining content. You can read some guides created by Steam and use them as thermometer )

-Is it 1 topic or can we give a thorough evaluation of the game?

well, if you want to create a guide to cover several aspects of the game, I don't see problem with it, since you make clear in the title and subtitle what this is about.

-What format is good? Microsoft Word? Paint? A photo?

You will write in on Steam, when I think of guides I imagine a text guide. Otherwise this would be a tutorial or info graphic. ( i believe that any material other than text + small illustrative images, will be judged as bonus content)

-Will a shorter guide with strong info better or the same as a long one with the same info but alot of fluff?

Efficiency comes always in first place.

-How much will an interesting one with valid info be judged over a boring but very informative one?

I personally would think carefully about creating a big informative guide, because adding a lot of info which is easily found even by newbies in game/forum doesn't make your guide relevant.

However "interest" always varies from person to person. I advise you to consider the following points before creating the content: 

1. Relevancy: how people need the information and how valuable it is

2. Efficiency: accurate, updated, interesting

3. Target: amount of players who would be benefited from your guide and would like it

Good luck! :friends:

Edited by Aкasha

40 minutes ago, Mercurry said:

If the topic has been already covered on the forums, am I allowed to make my own guide on the same theme?

Already existing guides will be transferred to Steam later. We plan to invite the owners to update them in the future. If you have any question regarding a specific theme, link it for me via private message. 

25 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

Already existing guides will be transferred to Steam later. We plan to invite the owners to update them in the future. If you have any question regarding a specific theme, link it for me via private message. 

Are those guides competing for the contest, even if automatically added on steam? (Or maybe if the Owner updates them?)

10 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Are those guides competing for the contest, even if automatically added on steam? (Or maybe if the Owner updates them?)

No, forum guides won't be added (on Steam) during the contest period or compete in this contest. We have another proposal for those guide owners to be announced in the future.

Edited by Aкasha

I have an issue with posting a guide on steam. All I get is an error page and denied access. 

Edit: ok so I actually need to play the game through steam so I can make a guide about it, which makes this contest utterly useless for us phone users. :seriousowl:

Edited by Gaddafi

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 1:55 AM, Gaddafi said:

Edit: ok so I actually need to play the game through steam so I can make a guide about it, which makes this contest utterly useless for us phone users. :seriousowl:

we will think of a solution for this issue and tell you soon, but we're still very busy with the halloween event.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:55 AM, Gaddafi said:

ok so I actually need to play the game through steam so I can make a guide about it, which makes this contest utterly useless for us phone users. :seriousowl:

If you have interest in joining the contest, you can borrow a PC and fill the Steam requirements, which we've been instructing and reminding our members about. If, by any means, you can not post it on Steam ..you can write it here on forum. If the content is accurate and useful for our players, we will be very grateful and you should receive something in return for your help :smile:

On 10/30/2018 at 5:01 PM, Aкasha said:

If you have interest in joining the contest, you can borrow a PC and fill the Steam requirements, which we've been instructing and reminding our members about. If, by any means, you can not post it on Steam ..you can write it here on forum. If the content is accurate and useful for our players, we will be very grateful and you should receive something in return for your help :smile:

maybe in the future