Appearance of druid's pet

Animus

Hey AIGRIND,

There's something that's been bothering me since the 7.7 update release, and that is the druid's pet appearance. As a druid player myself, I've always wanted the class to have any connection whatsoever with animals, whether transforming into one or even summoning, not restricting the class to being just a healer (I'm not saying the druid should not be a healer, but that our skills, specially the offensive ones, should have any connection with animals or wild life), I mean, even our class icon is an animal paw!! The moment the update was announced, I had all sorts of ideas of how the druid's pet could look like, but I gotta say, it was a complete disappointment for me and most druids I know the moment we first saw it...
I mean, cmon guys, it's a druid, the animal guy, the forest wizard, there's so, soooo much to work on, so many ideas, how could we end up summoning a walking spit??

I don't want to change the skill's mechanics or how it works or progresses, my suggestion aims only to the pet's appearance, so here it is:

- Any kind of realistic animal: there's bears, tigers, hawks, owls, deers, even a rat, any kind of animal that fits the druid's theme (I know that changing into any of these animals would make the pet close combat, but that's just an idea);

- Some magic forest creature: satyrs, an ent (I love the ent idea, it could fit the ranged style), those long horned elks that always appears with druids, fairies, or any mystic version of the animals previously mentioned.

Well, for now this is what I thought, I'm sure there's a lot of ideas that could fit the druid playstile and background better than our weird water elemental. 

If anyone wants to help and suggest, feel free and let's give some ideas to our developers from AIGRIND, I'm sure they're capable of creating amazing arts/sprite for the game (I mean, that ayvondil's ship graveyard looks amazing) and that could be applied to the druid's pet!

your idea is not bad but an elemental of water is not at all weird :surprised_rage:

the druid also seems to have water control (tornado, rejuvenating stream, healing dew, and power of water)

On 9/18/2018 at 6:00 PM, Kaesarz said:

your idea is not bad but an elemental of water is not at all weird :surprised_rage:

the druid also seems to have water control (tornado, rejuvenating stream, healing dew, and power of water)

That is actually a good point, never even thought of it.

Nonetheless, I am still against elementals. Who uses elemental magics? Mages!

Druids are supposed to use nature magic. Sure, controling weather or any sort of harminous (defensive/peaceful) skills, but not elementals.

Other ideas of animal possibilities include:

Unicorn,

swarm-man (an swarm of insects that form a humanoid shape and spit out smaller swarms), 

Sparrow/bunny/snake (currently have passive forms in the game)

Wisp

• 2 weeks later...