[2018.09.13] Update 7.7: Hidden power. Release

Peony

5 hours ago, Logrimy said:

I do not particularly like the curtains between administrators and moderators ... but this is my problem,

so..no problem, Just my 2 cent.

Reivenorik is a new admin and doesn't have any personal ties with any moderator. If I didn't find him competent to manage the community and worthy of help/time, I wouldn't stick my nose into a lost cause. :tongue: 

4 hours ago, Aкasha said:

Fine, now let's call the spade a spade! Name names! Who is the troublemaker? If you fear any moderator's abusive behavior, just write a private message with name and reason to Reivenorik. Haven't I tried to assist players in the International forums while he's busy with Russian community? Please, tell me how I can improve, i will work on it.

Someone of you banned me from a post without reason. There was nothing i said which can be bann.  

Morgana's reply much rough, when higg's reply much polite.

Because of you moderators. You should not show that you have power that you can do anything. We know you have power. But you guys directly says in chat. That wrong. Wrong impression creates here.

If someone not use any violation word why delete reply or bann from post? just because he said or tried to show or compare between 2 class? 

Forum is a area where all types of discuss happens related to game. Give respect to all. We are everything here. I saw mods miss behave to man name player. 

Edited by subhojeet

2 hours ago, subhojeet said:

Someone of you banned me from a post without reason. There was nothing i said which can be bann.  

Morgana's reply much rough, when higg's reply much polite.

Because of you moderators. You should not show that you have power that you can do anything. We know you have power. But you guys directly says in chat. That wrong. Wrong impression creates here.

If someone not use any violation word why delete reply or bann from post? just because he said or tried to show or compare between 2 class? 

Forum is a area where all types of discuss happens related to game. Give respect to all. We are everything here. I saw mods miss behave to man name player. 

Yes, my replies are rough sometimes and referring to the interaction with 'man' :

A few months ago he kept on spamming on the forum about the same thing over and over again and showed some bad behaviour. I muted him for that very reason for a few days. Instead of waiting for his punishment to be over, he created a new forum account to by-pass his mute and started complaining why he had been muted. By-passing a mute or temporary ban, however, leads to a permanent ban according to our community rules. So I permanently banned his first and second account and he created another one to complain. I banned that one too and he started spamming my personal facebook account whining and complaining and even annoyed me in game. I refused to unban him for the obvious reasons so Elasiri aka man started spaming the technical support's email. Now, technical support usually doesn't have anything to do with forum community matters but after being fed up by Elasiri's spam they told him just to create a new account again. One of the admins and I discussed about it and although both of us and even another mod were against unbanning him we decided to unban his third forum account so he would leave the technical support guys alone under the condition to behave properly. It lasted for about 3 months until he started bragging over it to another forum member that he got unbanned making it sound like no one could ever ban him, dunno if he felt untouchable or special or something. So to reprimand him I told him that he shouldn't even be able to log forum in first place and that each of us mods could ban him anytime if we wanted to as technically he already was a banned member. It just would have been a re-ban. Then he started over saying none of us has the right to ban him blah blah because of technical support blah blah etc.

Do I have to explain more WHY exactly I was rough to him and why he got banned eventually?

Edited by Morgana

1 hour ago, subhojeet said:

1. Because of you moderators. You should not show that you have power that you can do anything. We know you have power. But you guys directly says in chat. That wrong. Wrong impression creates here.

2. If someone not use any violation word why delete reply or bann from post?

3. just because he said or tried to show or compare between 2 class? 

1. I couldn't agree more with you. Excepting for that moderators can not do anything. Moderators are supervised by admins and owe them a reason to every action against other players on forum. You're a bit mistaken about it.

I already required the removal of ban option from moderators, they have no need for that to moderate the forum, once there is the "restricting from posting indefinitely" option. It should have never been given in first place, even less to state any "power" or threat towards others. But in the meantime, I'm sure we won't have problems with bans without good reasons.. it can always be reported to someone above.

:thumbs_up1:

2. Regarding deleted posts: unfortunately mods have partial access to deleted content only. Which means that we can see deleted posts for a short period of time and then It's up to the administrator to check whether they express violation of rules or not.

Admins have really a lot to do and not always can pay attention to such details.. If you think that your post or anybody else's was unfairly deleted, please report and it will be verified by an admin!  

3. if you're talking about "Man", this seems to be the actual reason: 

Circumventing a Suspension / Ban

This category includes:

• Posting on another account

• Having someone post on your behalf

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be permanently banned from posting on the forums

It makes sense if you think of a situation where a player has been banned by an admin on forum: in this case this player has proved to be harmful in a stage that he/she does no good to the game social circle itself not only to one moderator or some groups of player (e.g. DK or legion..) if you consider that admins have no game issues. They who deserve perma ban are threats to the good development of players and game itself.. usually you can't even separate them from forum and game, for example.: players who huff everyone for not doing what they want or xenophobics, racists, hackers, perverteds.. people with no common sense of respect to play a mmorpg and probably in real life too. 

those people might take a treatment in real life, but Aigrind has right to protect the game community from these threats 🙂

BUT at the moment the rules still give the ban option to mods and I am not aware of past situations, in which probably he deserved ban and he is elegible for re-ban! The current rules don't give a second chance to players on forum and I disagree only because I wouldn't let my company's audience being selected by third parts. (It has nothing to do with if I support moderators actions or not.. this is way above it). 

Still I think if a player didn't disturb the whole community harmony, but a single group's peace only by having an opposite opinion, he has the right to still follow relevant game and information and max get a cooldown.. 

Again, my opinion doesn't influence the current rules (we will see about the future.. in the future). Plus, I won't go through past situations that I don't know about.. I know thar idependently of anything Morgana could have already banned him again just by following the current the rules and did give him a new chance.. I can only believe that he dind't use it well. (but I don't have access to the post which justified his ban.. but he has already received warnings from the new admin even..) 

I can only promise that I will keep doing the best I can to maintain the balance between forum users and the team as long as I'm here. 😉

17 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

1. I couldn't agree more with you. Excepting for that moderators can not do anything. Moderators are supervised by admins and owe them a reason to every action against other players on forum. You're a bit mistaken about it.

I already required the removal of ban option from moderators, they have no need for that to moderate the forum, once there is the "restricting from posting indefinitely" option. It should have never been given in first place, even less to state any "power" or threat towards others. But in the meantime, I'm sure we won't have problems with bans without good reasons.. it can always be reported to someone above.

2. Regarding deleted posts: unfortunately mods have partial access to deleted content only. Which means that we can see deleted posts for a short period of time and then It's up to the administrator to check whether they express violation of rules or not.

Admins have really a lot to do and not always can pay attention to such details.. If you think that your post or anybody else's was unfairly deleted, please report and it will be verified by an admin!  

This category includes:

It makes sense if you think of a situation where a player has been banned by an admin on forum: in this case this player has proved to be harmful in a stage that he/she does no good to the game social circle itself not only to one moderator or some groups of player (e.g. DK or legion..) if you consider that admins have no game issues. They who deserve perma ban are threats to the good development of players and game itself.. usually you can't even separate them from forum and game, for example.: players who huff everyone for not doing what they want or xenophobics, racists, hackers, perverteds.. people with no common sense of respect to play a mmorpg and probably in real life too. 

those people might take a treatment in real life, but Aigrind has right to protect the game community from these threats 🙂

BUT at the moment the rules still give the ban option to mods and I am not aware of past situations, in which probably he deserved ban and he is elegible for re-ban! The current rules don't give a second chance to players on forum and I disagree only because I wouldn't let my company's audience being selected by third parts. (It has nothing to do with if I support moderators actions or not.. this is way above it). 

Still I think if a player didn't disturb the whole community harmony, but a single group's peace only by having an opposite opinion, he has the right to still follow relevant game and information and max get a cooldown.. 

Again, my opinion doesn't influence the current rules (we will see about the future.. in the future). Plus, I won't go through past situations that I don't know about.. I know thar idependently of anything Morgana could have already banned him again just by following the current the rules and did give him a new chance.. I can only believe that he dind't use it well. (but I don't have access to the post which justified his ban.. but he has already received warnings from the new admin even..) 

I can only promise that I will keep doing the best I can to maintain the balance between forum users and the team as long as I'm here. 😉

Thank you so much for taking your time to explain everything Mari:panda7: and sorry for causing this trouble for you :/

2 hours ago, Aкasha said:

This category includes:

In my opinion this is the best mod out here in forum. 

Neutral and always polite and trying to help everyone on the forum section. 

The others are good too 👍

There are no power abusive mods here you just feel like there are some because it's not going like you want it to. 

😅

6 hours ago, Aкasha said:

Check what i said. You are mod you have power but you should not show that to among normal player. There i saw someone said we will bann man player if he creates violation. When a post was on going dk pro or bd pro. So where is place can come in that post which call violation. People share their opinion That bd have high dmg or dk/bard have high dmg. Without any violation why mods said that. When thousand players watching that post. What will be happen? A normal player who was came for see that post after see that post player will have negative fear about forum or have fear giving a statement. 

6 hours ago, Aкasha said:

This category includes:

As i saw those posts, man player is elasiri how u can say? They was just guessing that he may be elasiri because he was not giving up and keep giving posts about his char opinion. So tell me giving a player bann warning in based on guessing is call mods power?

Only Because of this reason i am angry at mods. I don't know any of mods personally so i don't have any problem with them. I play game just for time pass and come here to see new post and take knowledge from here about game. 

4 hours ago, subhojeet said:

As i saw those posts, man player is elasiri how u can say? They was just guessing that he may be elasiri because he was not giving up and keep giving posts about his char opinion. So tell me giving a player bann warning in based on guessing is call mods power?

Only Because of this reason i am angry at mods. I don't know any of mods personally so i don't have any problem with them. I play game just for time pass and come here to see new post and take knowledge from here about game. 

He admited it a few months ago. Reivenorik, Higgings and I were aware that he is Elasiri. 

You judge us too quickly. It seems like you only know his side of the story or that you only know what happened with Ela during the last two days. But you don't know what happened months ago and why he was on our blacklist. Therefore, if you haven't done it yet, please read the post in which I wrote all the reasoning to understand my point of view. 

I know it's pretty long but it will make things understandable:smile: 

Thank you:tired2:

13 hours ago, subhojeet said:

Check what i said. You are mod you have power but you should not show that to among normal player. There i saw someone said we will bann man player if he creates violation. Without any violation why mods said that. When thousand players watching that post. What will be happen? A normal player who was came for see that post after see that post player will have negative fear about forum or have fear giving a statement.

20 hours ago, Aкasha said:

Please, read my previous answer about it. I hear you and I want to prevent this from happening in the future, but we must wait for now. 

14 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

I want to prevent this from happening in the future, but we must wait for now. 

I honestly don't think it has ever happened among us. I don't see why it shall happen right now or in the future.

Man's case has been taken into account by an admin himself. I don't think there is anything further to discuss about this case in particular

Edited by Higgings
Wrong wordings

2 minutes ago, Speedom said:

I think this topic should be closed and should make a topic on the coming up event. Drop some teasers..

We will have to wait a bit more for that, I fear 😞

Let's just wait patiently: I am sure Devs will amaze us all again this year! 😉

Edited by Higgings
I hate my little keyboard...

3 minutes ago, Higgings said:

I honestly don't think it has ever happened among us. I don't see why it shall happen right now or in the future.

Man's case has been taken into account by an admin himself. I don't think there is anything further to discuss about this case in particular

Wait, what? Are you saying you've never seen anyone from ''staff'' using the *ban* word as a reminder of ''power'' to other people?.. wohoho!  holy r0lly.. ! :rofl:

well..either way, that's what *preventive measures* are for :pleasantry:

If you don't think there is anything futher to discuss about Man's case, then just don't.., no one asked you to. :tongue:

5 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

Wait, what? Are you saying you've never seen anyone from ''staff'' using the *ban* word as a reminder of ''power'' to other people?.. wohoho!  holy r0lly.. ! :rofl:

So you'd remove the use of the gun for a policeman to prevent him from possibly shooting an innocent. I think moderators are among those who are the most trusted at the eyes of devs; if someone abuses of his powers, just remove him as mod. And, indeed, nobody yet has banned someone for no reason, but just warned verbally. That was the meaning of my post.

9 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

If you don't think there is anything futher to discuss about Man's case, then just don't.., no one asked you to. :tongue:

... what? 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

39 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

Errr in any way, I believe this discussion should be done in mod's room:pin3: 

But I agree with Higgi, Man's case should be done for good now... If you want I can let you know about further details in pm Mari:unknw:

2 minutes ago, Morgana said:

But I agree with Higgi, Man's case should be done for good now... If you want I can let you know about further details in pm Mari:unknw:

Hey! I don't need futher details, I trust Tim and our team.

I don't know why Hig came out of nowhere to quote me and brought the ''Man'' case back from the dead, I'm was talking about him :unknw:

11 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Errr in any way, I believe this discussion should be done in mod's room

Nah, I won't extend it to mods room.. he's a smart guy and will realize my point of view eventually :tongue:

5 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

Hey! I don't need futher details, I trust Tim and our team.

I don't know why Hig came out of nowhere to quote me and brought the ''Man'' case back from the dead, I'm was talking about him :unknw:

Nah, I won't extend it to mods room.. he's a smart guy and will realize my point of view eventually :tongue:

Alright but if there is something you need/want to know please don't hesitate to give me a quick pm:pardon: I wouldn't want any misunderstandings to happen:tired1:

Awww yes, Higgi is awesome, I'm sure he knows what you mean:cat6:

5 minutes ago, Speedom said:

:yawn1:I don't have that time.

Shame on youuu:suspicious1:

48 minutes ago, Higgings said:

So you'd remove the use of the gun for a policeman to prevent him from possibly shooting an innocent. I think moderators are among those who are the most trusted at the eyes of devs; if someone abuses of his powers, just remove him as mod. And, indeed, nobody yet has banned someone for no reason, but just warned verbally. That was the meaning of my post.

Nah.. you're not a policeman, you don't need a gun because you're already our judge Magister! :blush: I'm not concerned about your sense of judgement. Note that if you think further you'll realize that moderators already have the ''restricting from posting indefinitely'' option which will remain and is just as efficient to cease any troublemaker. I'm not keeping you from punishing bad guys, you will still do so just as fine.. 😉

34 minutes ago, Speedom said:

Anyways I'm patient. I'm trying to change the subject here:dunno:.

..suggestions for any male horror barber style? I'm working in something special this wkd and open for ideas :rolleyes:

Just now, Speedom said:

I never seen it.. Is it already in the upcoming barb set?

no, it exists in the miracle shop barber set.. I have some styles in mind: long with horns.., cyborg head.., ears, gremlin or cat style.., bain out of head?I think the last is to hard in pixels, ..xD

1 minute ago, Aкasha said:

no, it exists in the miracle shop barber set.. I have some styles in mind: long with horns.., cyborg head.., ears, gremlin or cat style.., bain out of head?I think the last is to hard in pixels, ..xD

Add beard with it lol

2 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

like what? they have some many different beard styles already, do you want more?  :sad:

send private message with images by tomorrow and I will try to think of something. let's not chat here, we're spamming already ((

9 hours ago, Higgings said:

A moderator is more an adviser than a security guard. I think your job is helping player with limited information, advise players and cleaning unnesscery dirt from post's. I don't think there is need any gun. A adviser should always soft heart not killer. 

Advise for prevent those players who can trouble. As we saw when you first make an account your every post needs verify before others see that. If a player make some problem or use foul language or may post harmful contents. Give that player that condition so that players every massage will be post after verify by moderates. This way bad content's will be out of post only that players good contents will show others.

A player if give warning to a moderator in game or at facebook. That isn't a violation. That is your personal problem you gave your name or facebook to a hurmfull player, There also block or ignore options. In game or facebook everyone normal player, there is no deference between mod or normal player.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, subhojeet said:

A moderator is more an adviser than a security guard. I think your job is helping player with limited information, advise players and cleaning unnesscery dirt from post's. I don't think there is need any gun. A adviser should always soft heart not killer. 

Advise for prevent those players who can trouble. As we saw when you first make an account your every post needs verify before others see that. If a player make some problem or use foul language or may post harmful contents. Give that player that condition so that players every massage will be post after verify by moderates. This way bad content's will be out of post only that players good contents will show others.

A player if give warning to a moderator in game or at facebook. That isn't a violation. That is your personal problem you gave your name or facebook to a hurmfull player, There also block or ignore options. In game or facebook everyone normal player, there is no deference between mod or normal player.

Thank you.

I disagree. A mod is way more than a simple adviser.  A mod's duty goes way more far than giving useful advices to players only, I can assure you.

For the last part. Ya, this is clear. Nothing to say about it. 

3 hours ago, subhojeet said:

Thank you.

Yep, if he spams my facebook it's my problem. Thank you, I'm smart enough to know how to keep different social media separated. Never gave him a warning on facebook or anything, I only acted on behalf of his forum actions. 

For good now, this argument should stop. You don't even listen to what I'm saying and only point out those parts which could have been a wrong action but clearly weren't.

I get your point of view that you want mods only to able to moderate content but if we only moderated content for every single player who has even violated rules like 5 or 6 times, at some point our whole life would only consist of approving posts 24/7/365 nonstop. 

Also, none of the mods abuses the ban option, neither do we permanently ban often. It happens that we have to ban someone permanently maybe 4-5 times a year in average. Though, I can't speak for the administration here. All of us try the best to keep everything going smoothly. Just because there is one case which looked rough, it doesn't mean that it's always like this. In fact, there has NEVER been anyone making so much drama about a ban like Ela. Therefore, I dare to say, he was the troublemaker in first place. 

Thank you :)

5 hours ago, subhojeet said:

I've already written a proper answer to you,

If you think the situation was unfair based on whatever a mod did you to in the past.. please, get over it ! ..there was no such thing and we all know our rules. Note that International moderators didn't have access to clear rules and instructions in the past, but we work under them now. You have to trust that.

Higgings is not a killer kind and you know that 😪, but being an adviser is only one of our tasks.. some users create more than ''dust'' on forum and they deserve disciplinary measures in different degrees.. well, a policeman can still chose whether he will shot the lags or head of the individual 😂.. maybe he meant a ''gun'' not only as the ''ban'' hammer..🤔 but this is too metaphorical and I got too confused already.. the comment was for me and we will discuss this in private if needed. Please, don't even try to transform his gun example in some muder intentions.. he was merely making his point 🙄

Find the moderator's rules below, there you can read all moderators' duties.

As for any more clarifications, contact via private message based on the quote of the paragraph + quote or link of the post you want to reffer to (use quote > ctrl+a > ctrl+c > ctrl+v).

More questionings are now prohibed here as it has already generated pages of off-topic content and will result in moderated content by any of our moderators.

Spoiler

1. The Moderator has the right to:
1.1 Communicate and express his thoughts, limited by forum rules; 
1.2 Protest about actions of another moderator, clearly describing the problem; 
1.3 Discuss work issues in a special section of the forum; 

2. The moderator shall:
2.1 Regularly attend the forum. If the Moderator is forced for a long period to be off the forum, he must inform it in a special topic on the forum and inform the administrator; 
2.2 Be impartial and balanced in the resolution of conflict situations; 
2.3 Ensure the maintenance of order and the possibility of helping other forum members; 
2.4 When moderating posts / topics - to leave a comment on topic, or send a PM to the topic / post's author; 

2.5 Be the unifying center of the online community. Moderators should be aimed at strengthening ties within the community and extending its scope; 
2.6 Take the initiative for the organization of joint activities within the community; 
2.7 Maintain interest categories and sections on forum, in which he's the moderator; 
2.8 Be present at the conference by Skype 
2.9 Draw up a report on the blocked accounts for over a month in a special topic on the forum. 

3. The moderator is forbiden to:
3.1 Violate the forum rules; 
3.2 Use his position for personal gain; 
3.3 Disclose confidential information of the forum visitors, 
3.4 Creating conflicts with other moderators, 
3.5 Provoking other people maliciously. Likes and dislikes of moderators shan't be shown. 

4. Designation and abdication Moderators:
4.1 Any forum user may claim your wish to become a moderator, leaving the application in a special forum topic; 

4.2 Moderator is appointed by the Administrator of the forum, after writing the application form and interviewing , is welcomed to the existing recommendations of the moderator's room; 
4.3 The user loses the status of a moderator in the case of not performing their duties, repeated justified complaints of users of the forum, forum rules or at the request of the Administration; 

5. Measures taken by moderators to violators:
5.1 For violation of the rules of the forum users are issued a warning or transfer to «read only» mode 
5.2 When Modetadors edit a message by violation of rules, is obliged to add to the message a notification alerting the user with an indication of violation of the right points. 
5.3 If the Moderator delete the entire topic, he must inform the author of the topic through a PM, indicating the reason for the removal, referring to the relevant paragraph of the Community rules. 

5.4 When closing theme, the Moderator is obliged to leave a message stating the reason for the closure. 

Note: Isn't neccesary be hard with the punishment for members, it's not necessary to issue warnings for uninformative topic names, creating topics in wrong sections, etc..but to inform the user of the violation is still worth it, otherwise the user will never know the rules.

The penalties for violation of forum rules
The general principles of punishment are described in the Code of Conduct in the forum. 

More than three verbal warnings to a user - mode «read only »from 3 to 14 days, depending violation. The report shall be submitted in a special topic. 

More than three penalties «read only» in a row during the month - the prohibition of communication on the forum for a period of 2 to 6 months since the first violation of the Code of Conduct. 

Repeated violation of rules of conduct on forum - an eternal user block. The report shall be submitted in a special topic. 

To delete messages:

a) Offtopic - a message isn't related to the discussion occurred or the original topic of this message or section; 
b. Spam - message or topic which don't have any information recurring to the theme of the topic;
c) Personal insults and threats; 
d) Indecency and swearing; 

the mode «read only»

* These rules aren't applied to the section "Tavern". 

6. Suggestions about moderation:

The main task of moderator structure - creating a pleasant atmosphere in the forum. Don't need to provoke users by their actions as violation of the rules.Learn to work flexibly with the forum rules and users who violate them. Note also that the newcomers have never read the rules, and therefore not much zealous with warnings about the creation of yet in those sections, etc. Don't need to put yourself in the forum above the others just because you're moderator. Moderator is issued not as a privilege, but in order to maintain order in the forum and help to create a pleasant atmosphere at the forum for dialogue. Try to make your actions transparent from the outside, so that they won't be misinterpreted, and won't cause disturbances on the part of users.

7 hours ago, subhojeet said:

Thank you.

Why are you trying to make drama inside the forum with the mods?

We understand how you think of mods now so let it be and look at the future. 

You are repeating yourself for reasons which doesn't make sense because it has never effected yourself. 

It's Man's case and not yours so just let the admin and the mods handle it. 

1 minute ago, Aкasha said:

Higgings is not a killer kind and you know that 😪, but being an adviser is only one of our tasks.. some users create more than ''dust'' on forum and they deserve disciplinary measures in different degrees.. well, a policeman can still chose whether he will shot the lags or head of the individual 😂.. maybe he meant a ''gun'' not only as the ''ban'' hammer..🤔 but this is too metaphorical and I got too confused already.. the comment was for me and we will discuss this in private if needed. Please, don't even try to transform his gun example in some muder intentions.. he was merely making his point 🙄

Wew. The gun was ya a methaphorical word to identify the link  Policeman:Gun=Moderator:Banhammer.

Like what the """"""Authority""""" uses to defend rules in extremis, But not for this it means I will shot anyone who disrespect rules on sight e.e. Perhaps I did not manage to explain myself here and I apologize for that 😕