New Skill Blood Shield

Mayr

Why is no one talking about this skill. 50% damage decrease at 4/4 for 8 seconds and 15 seconds cool down.

What do you guys think would be the best build that goes along with this skill? Where do you think this skill shines? 

I like the skill it's quite good since the change with Satu (short duration kinda blows with 10% hp) I'm a bit conflicted on what skill build to make now but I'd say maybe blood max and hurricane/ reserves(haven't tested the new version yet) but I used sharp and blood in arena kinda cool since resist came out stun stun cycles can be broken at the end of the day its all your choice man unless there is some better build then this

I believe that this new skill, it have that to change for best. The effect time is very low and the coldoon is very high. Please developers, is need to release this skill with the effect time bester. Thanks.

Edited by Xxemerson
Accuracy in the text.

You dont need heavy armor with this skill so my set is gonna be full nadir light since it has cdr and probably one of the light cd belts from xmas. youll still be about 10k defence since you can also cycle 4/4 aura with all that cooldown reduction. I don't see anything wrong with the skill myself tbh. I think its great really. Don't forget dks also has Dark shield which already reduces incoming damage. With this skill dk is pretty much like a warden but without block heals and much more damage.

The skills cooldown will go down to about 9 seconds with all of that and the guild cdr passive. So it will be almost constantly up.

Edited by Raislin

11 hours ago, Raislin said:

You dont need heavy armor with this skill so my set is gonna be full nadir light since it has cdr and probably one of the light cd belts from xmas. youll still be about 10k defence since you can also cycle 4/4 aura with all that cooldown reduction. I don't see anything wrong with the skill myself tbh. I think its great really. Don't forget dks also has Dark shield which already reduces incoming damage. With this skill dk is pretty much like a warden but without block heals and much more damage.

The skills cooldown will go down to about 9 seconds with all of that and the guild cdr passive. So it will be almost constantly up.

I thought same but I do not have enough gold(resources,time,power) to try this.

when i first saw the skill i thought it will be great with 2 handed weapon because the skill will fill the lack of armor from not having a shield...

after testing it i found out that the 2 handed weapons are useless in any aspect of their life.

The skill does not stack with darkshield, in other words its only use will be on mobs that hit high damage as in bosses.

In cases of multiple mobs this skill plays very little of a role (Technopolis dg)  since damage difference will be very less, when used with darkshield (the main deadly aspect of this dg is the number of mobs rather than the damage to begin with)

since now there is no effective health compensation skill for dk to capitalize upon

moreover due to its cd gap bosses can still hit during the time this skill is on cd, again making it redundant as a whole.

6 minutes ago, ElmTree said:

The skill does not stack with darkshield, in other words its only use will be on mobs that hit high damage as in bosses.

In cases of multiple mobs this skill plays very little of a role (Technopolis dg)  since damage difference will be very less, when used with darkshield (the main deadly aspect of this dg is the number of mobs rather than the damage to begin with)

since now there is no effective health compensation skill for dk to capitalize upon

moreover due to its cd gap bosses can still hit during the time this skill is on cd, again making it redundant as a whole.

The Cooldown of this skill was indeed supposed to be 13 seconds. Only recently they found fair to make it 21-23 seconds

10 minutes ago, Higgings said:

The Cooldown of this skill was indeed supposed to be 13 seconds. Only recently they found fair to make it 21-23 seconds

Fair is not the right word to use here 😛

They nerfed two skills that did not need a nerf. 

-reserve is practically useless now with its cd and slow heal time (expert is not usable now)

-saturation cannot be used on a constant basis and requires 10% hp sacrifice

especially with the introduction of skills that heal 3k+ to anyone in the vicinity (paladin)

and a class that casually heals 700-800 every one second (The town tanker)

The issue is they brought a skill that reduces damage as a whole, which at end game is pointless since most end game content focuses on mechanics that rely on dealing with large groups of mobs.

morreeeeover there is no skill that works with blood shield, only compatible skill is hurricane or saturation 

hurricane does not improve survivability, saturation requires too much of a sacrifice and has very low duration time

aura of hatred..oh boy, this skill does not even stack with darkshield or blood since after 8k+ def , the physical% scaling reduces.

overall i hope for a buff to the PvE skills that focus on health compensation (saturation and reserve)

and look into the silence being able to proc on bosses //// make shadow a skill that deals stun with a 100% chance but duration of stun depends on skill points :)

50 minutes ago, ElmTree said:

-reserve is practically useless now with its cd and slow heal time (expert is not usable now)

especially with the introduction of skills that heal 3k+ to anyone in the vicinity (paladin)

The issue is they brought a skill that reduces damage as a whole, which at end game is pointless since most end game content focuses on mechanics that rely on dealing with large groups of mobs.

morreeeeover there is no skill that works with blood shield, only compatible skill is hurricane or saturation 

hurricane does not improve survivability, saturation requires too much of a sacrifice and has very low duration time

aura of hatred..oh boy, this skill does not even stack with darkshield or blood since after 8k+ def , the physical% scaling reduces.

overall i hope for a buff to the PvE skills that focus on health compensation (saturation and reserve)

and look into the silence being able to proc on bosses //// make shadow a skill that deals stun with a 100% chance but duration of stun depends on skill points :)

This is so bad, all of them should stack otherwise it does not make sense.

15 hours ago, ElmTree said:

oh its a disaster alright 

On 9/15/2018 at 2:31 PM, ElmTree said:

and look into the silence being able to proc on bosses //// make shadow a skill that deals stun with a 100% chance but duration of stun depends on skill points 🙂

Gm has to fix it and the cooldown is just to high. It's not even worth to level that skill to 4/4 if its just 8 seconds active and over half the time on cd. 

Either reduce the cooldown or increase the duration 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/7/2018 at 11:44 AM, Hapimonas said:

Oh well. Not so overpowered then.

Im reading this... What a BC compared to warden who literally gets instant health of just BLOCKING!!! GM come on man..

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2018 at 7:31 PM, ElmTree said:

and look into the silence being able to proc on bosses //// make shadow a skill that deals stun with a 100% chance but duration of stun depends on skill points 🙂

as a dk user, I also feel what you feel, and experience the same. please dev can consider this.