[2018.08.23] In development: V sector of Ayvondil "The Ship Graveyard"

Reivenorik

diary_underwater_1000x525_2.png

Hey there!

We have good news: we are continuing the "In Development" to unveil the mystery of the long-awaited V sector of Ayvondil.

The new sector is not just some new territory, but a huge underwater world, hiding many adventures and dangers within: over a hundred wonderful locations, inhabited by yet unseen creatures from the dark depths of the sea, dungeons and grottos, old secrets and great treasure. A multitude of new unique mechanics and events await you there.

giphy.webp

We understand how important to you, our loyal fans, the development of the game and the release of the new sector is, so we approach the development thoroughly and with a focus on quality, paying attention to every little detail. The upcoming update is massive and its release is planned for the spring of 2019. Until then, we will share some information about the development progress and release a few articles in this series, devoted to the V sector of Ayvondil or how our dear developers call it "The Ship Graveyard".

Today we'll talk about the start of the storyline, locations' features and even throw some screenshots in, fresh from the developers' oven.

brush.PNG

Are you ready, kids? (Aye, aye, captain!)

Then let's go!

ATTENTION! THE PROJECT IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, SO ANY AND ALL FEATURES AND MECHANICS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BEFORE THE RELEASE.

Backstory and global aim

So! Let me tell you a little bit about the plot that will lead you into the underwater world. Why would you need to go to the new sector?

When you finish IV sector’s storyline, you’ll need to get back to Maliat, where you can get a quest with a great purpose finding the Clock of the World Creation artifact.

Only this ancient relic can dispel Adven-Tar’s charm that has been stopping any living creature from entering Lower Temple under Tree of Life for 5 centuries.

Queen Valaria that is forced to conduct eternal battle with troops of necromancer Maradish has been held captive in that Temple. It is also important to note that both Maradish and Valaria hold onto other powerful possessions Gaya’s Clepsydra and Eye of Elam. The close proximity of those mighty artifacts has formed a huge weir in the River of the Times which Kronus used for his plan to disturb the peace of Arinar.

That’s why the main aim is to separate them. If no one succeeds in this, then a new weir might form and will open an entrance for something far more dangerous than Kronus. This can lead to the destruction of Arinar.

So we are going on a search for an amazing relic for the sake of this world.

The islands, or The Golden Archipelago

Ostrova5.jpgOstrova5.pngукцае.png

The Golden Archipelago is a group of islands, utter heaven for rum lovers and those who ride the high seas under the Black Jack flag. In other words, land of the V sector is fully occupied by pirate syndicates.

tools.PNG

However, islands only make up a tiny part of all locations. The main territory for exploration, plundering treasure and massive battles is situated underwater and called the Ship Graveyard. There you will meet the hosts of this rough world Tritons and Frogles.

117x115x128.PNG

Pirates, Tritons and Frogles

Heroes of each Alliance come to the Golden Archipelago, the harbor of different pirate syndicates Petrel and Albatross. They compete in hunting treasure and selling it to the Chainless League traders. The Archipelago is divided between factions equally, and they try to keep the precarious peace: the Archipelago’s Code forbids open conflicts on the land. However, these rules don’t extend to the underwater territories where the war against everyone doesn’t stop.

On the start locations we get acquainted with the leaders of pirate syndicates captains Billy Griphook and Jim Slayer as well as League traders Madgid and Salman. The more often you meet them, the more you immerse yourself in the details of their mutual contempt because of rival for underworld treasure…

But don’t forget about the main aim of our journey to get the artifact. The search of the ancient relic is complicated by the fact that it was last seen on a sunken elf frigate. It will be extremely difficult to find as the sea bottom is covered by an enormous amount of ships that were sunk there over the entirety of Arinar history.

As you need to gather information for the search, you will have to gain the trust of pirates and become a key figure of their war.

In addition, a huge number of whirlpools makes it impossible to navigate over the water, so you can only move between the islands along the bottom like the brave divers do in order to get valuable items. These courageous sailors risk their lives every day and may not return home because of being caught in the paws of terrible monsters or running out of air. And you have to become one of them.

6.png7.png

On the bottom you will meet the tribes of intelligent dwellers Tritons and Frogles that have once been living in peace. We will deal with the reason of their conflict and try to piece them back together in order to fight back the terrible threat that has been inactive for hundreds of years but is going to break out of the rifts on the sea bottom.

But we will tell about it in detail later.

atk_m.gifatk_sk.gifdie.gif

Underwater world, or the Ship Graveyard

So what is the new sector of Ayvondil?

First of all, it’s a territory for high-level characters you must be level 28 or higher.

The V sector of Ayvondil will be a logical continuation of the existing sectors. Its setting is living up to its name: the territory consists of a dozen islands and underwater locations with dangerous monsters.

Symbolically, the territory of the sector is divided into 2 parts, let's call them “Reef” and “Depth” for further narration.

Let's start with the Reef:

Скр1.png

That's where you will be sent by the storyline. The first time you will not have any difficulty. Primary locations will be relatively friendly to the heroes. You can do the quests alone, kill monsters for rewards and just walk around beautiful places. And most importantly you can climb to the surface of small islands and relax. The islands will be more than enough in this part of the V sector.

But the further you move along the storyline and the closer you get to the Depth, the more dangers will be on your way and thus you will need to unite with other warriors.

Depth:

Скр2.png

We strongly advise you not to go to this part of the sector ahead of time, because, boy oh boy, you will run into trouble. In addition to open PvP - a trademark of all underwater locations at every step you can meet the most dangerous and disgusting creatures from the depths. Also there are far fewer islands in this part of the sector: this will significantly increase the time of your travels and will require strategic approach.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the screenshots above you can see the developer's submarine, which they use to descend to the bottom every day to do their work.
In the final version it will be probably removed.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, and did I tell you that there are only two statues of revival in the whole sector: one for each Alliance, and all this in open PvP. Do you feel the heat? 😄

If you are tired of underwater everything, you can always fill up the supply of provisions, drink a bottle of ale and simply relax in a cozy tavern with an interior decoration similar to a ship's hold.

внут.png

Conclusion

As you probably guessed, moving, fighting and living in general in the new sector requires significant efforts. More information about reputation, mechanics of the underwater movement, bosses and events will be in the next issues.

So, are you ready for a new adventure?

AIGRIND

Edited by Nihtgale

1 hour ago, Reivenorik said:

tools.PNG

117x115x128.PNG

So this is how you guys create new islands. Damn, I always wondered how you were able to do so. It's fascinating.

Not to count the update is very promising. Can't wait for it!

3 минуты назад, Higgings сказал:

Can't wait for it!

Do not worry, before its release, there will be some more parts "in development" and many interesting events in the game itself :true_story1:

2 минуты назад, BgVoin сказал:

YAHOOOOOOO! by any chance, can u tell us if its gonna be soon?

1 час назад, Reivenorik сказал:

The upcoming update is massive and its release is planned for the spring of 2019.

:dunno:

I want to know who will be the NEW BIG CHIEF! Is it Kraken? The Great Blackbeard Pirate? Or even Poseidon? WOWOWOWOWWWWOWOWOW I am very anxious to know who it will be! :pin3: 

3 минуты назад, Parentez сказал:

I want to know who will be the NEW BIG CHIEF! Is it Kraken? The Great Blackbeard Pirate? Or even Poseidon? WOWOWOWOWWWWOWOWOW I am very anxious to know who it will be! :pin3: 

All in good time, wait for the next release :tired2:

When you say " player must be 28 or higher" doest it mean that low level characters wont even be alowed in? There are lvl 20 characters with all maxed reputation and stronger gear then most 28. Not allowing them in would do nothing but discourage them from playing the game.

8 минут назад, Luan Borges сказал:

When you say " player must be 28 or higher" doest it mean that low level characters wont even be alowed in? There are lvl 20 characters with all maxed reputation and stronger gear then most 28. Not allowing them in would do nothing but discourage them from playing the game.

I meant that you need to have a strong hero

There will be no requirements for hero level

Edited by Reivenorik

So far, it looks amazing:shy: 

It's also a great idea to let players know about the developing process. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is going to enjoy following your progress in excitement:kawaii: 

IT WAS ABOUT TIMEEE YEZZZZZZ  butttttt i seee something witch bothers me:

1 hour ago, Reivenorik said:

open PvP - a trademark of all underwater locations

Thisss thisss make the game unfun and make people rage, in order everything to be fun and nice can we have less pvp locations as posble in the new zone pleaseee:rolleyes:

Edited by coldravens

1 минуту назад, coldravens сказал:

IT WAS ABOUT TIMEEE YEZZZZZZ  butttttt i seee something witch bothers me:

Thisss thisss make the game unfun and make people rage, in order everything to be fun and nice can we have less pvp locations as posble in the new zone pleaseee:rolleyes:

The new sector will be very harsh, where only the strongest survive :smoke:

58 minutes ago, Reivenorik said:

I meant that you need to have a strong hero

There will be no requirements for hero level

There should be... i was actually happy reading about 28lvl minimum for enterance. No low lvl people asking for gold n stuff. :angry1:

The 2 statues in entire map i think its a great idea. About movement in water, you mean we will have x- ammount of time before we gradually die/use pots/special breathing devices or something else? Need an insight on that. And last question, how we move between islands? If it is random like swamps, its a big no and we can quit already. 

Edited by REAPER

3 минуты назад, REAPER сказал:

There should be... i was actually happy reading about 28lvl minimum for enterance. No low lvl people asking for gold n stuff. :angry1:

They will become food for underwater monsters :knife:

Edited by Reivenorik

3 minutes ago, REAPER said:

why is everyone talking about spring 2019 for this update? what am I missing?

Propably because its still in development

3 hours ago, Reivenorik said:

In the screenshots above you can see the developer's submarine, which they use to descend to the bottom every day to do their work.

hahhaahahah

bq48.gifbq48.gifbq48.gifbq48.gifbq48.gifbq48.gifbq48.gifbq48.gif

nice good job bq44.giflove it all

19 minutes ago, REAPER said:

why is everyone talking about spring 2019 for this update? what am I missing?

The upcoming update is massive and its release is planned for the spring of 2019. Did you miss that?

It seems very hard and challenging and I like that.

I hope that we see new concepts in quests, not just the normal old stack quests and deliver on exp potion and get reputation for dungeon.

I'm hoping for a challenge and a good reward in each quest.

I have ideas of cool concepts if devs didn't think of them yet :biggrin:

- For the quests that we need to go underwater for, we have to wear [Diving mask] otherwise we will start receiving periodic damage after some time.

- (Some) quests will automatically fail if we don't complete them in a specific time (Because we drown) and so we will have to repeat the quest all over again

- Some mysterious areas where we receive big damage or die immediately not knowing why. :diablo: Like swamps towers but more mysterious 

- Something like wandering huge whales could swallow players that come near them, and then players get teleported to the insides of that whale to find their way out of the complicated mazes overcoming some nastyass creatures and hurdles, and maybe find some swallowed human quest-giver and get a cool reward for it! 

3 hours ago, Reivenorik said:

- I think we can make something out of the Submarines too!

Only in a full party of 5 players, the leader of a party can summon a Submarine for some cost and lead it, for faster movement underwater and to not drown!

I could go on:blush:  but I don't know if devs could implement any new ideas if they already have everything planned out. 

Edited by Gladiator

22 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Blabla [...] blabla

I would like to see mobs using skills in battle vs players (not just blind/stun) sumbarine could be a random spawn dungeon. Like find it enter and then it moves to another location. (Only 1 party should be enter at time) and a big NO on random and unknown instadeaths. I like your other ideas. 

Just now, REAPER said:

I would like to see mobs using skills in battle vs players (not just blind/stun) sumbarine could be a random spawn dungeon. Like find it enter and then it moves to another location. (Only 1 party should be enter at time) and a big NO on random and unknown instadeaths. I like your other ideas. 

Not really random, it's certain rules that we have to figure out.

35 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Some mysterious areas where we receive big damage or die immediately not knowing why. :diablo: Like swamps towers but more mysterious 

Oh please nu. I hated that quest xdd

2 hours ago, Counciler said:

Will there be something to counter the wardens immense defense ? Or we can hide behind wardens ?:3 

If something is going to counter Warden's defense there will be no way other tank classes might have chances against these creatures :pin1: