Why no discussion?? Great skills

Why on earth is this missing discussions? My new Warlock is a new  favorite because she has very useful skills!

Any PVE build advice or tips?

I'm personally liking it so far, the area effect skills however are difficult to aim and when they do land on the intended target it doesn't quite seem they get affected by it sometimes or you will see something getting hit a panel or 2 outside the circles. I'm thinking that maybe this is a desync issue and would love the devs to check it out.

Also I experience it many times where my character will move to my target area rather than just cast on the spot I tapped on. I had similar issues with shaman earthquake. Anyone have any tips or advice on how to use these better? Or is this not intended to happen? Am I doing something wrong?

When u high level, life exhaust skill will be so powerful because it depends on ur dark magic stats, imagine, if u have 250 dark magic atk, so life exhaust will be high too and u get high health from leeching.

Fear --> life exhaust --> dark arrow --> put dark circle --> put puddle, this gud tactic xD. It seems that fear skill isnt gud enough for warlock, better raise barrier that can make enemy totally can't move can't attack can't use skill and can't regen, that's great stun ever for warlock xD

When using fear or blind, u should continue with life exhaust skill, cuz life exhaust is never do effect to be dodge xD, or u should use dark arrow 1st then blind plus life exhaust, put barrier and run back, put dark circle and run back, blind again hahaha...

Thanks SO much for those tips, advice and the dark magic information especially, since I'm new to the game.

I will try these tactics tonight  ;D  :yahoo: 

im still learning which skills that useful for arena, this is my prediction,

Skill build warlock at lv20:

Part 1 "duel master"

1. Dark arrow lv5

2. Fear lv5

3. life exhaust lv5

Part 2 "arena team and war"

1. Dark arrow lv5

2. Dark circle lv5

3. Puddle of darkness lv5

im still learning which skills that useful for arena, this is my prediction,

Skill build warlock at lv20:

Part 1 "duel master"

1. Dark arrow lv5

2. Fear lv5

3. life exhaust lv5

for arena i think its better like this:

1. Dark arrow lvl 5

2.Fear lvl 5

3. Life exhaust lvl 3

4. Dark circle lvl 3

> with Life exhaust lvl 3 and Dark circle lvl 3 u will still have decent hit

and enough( i hope  ;D ) hp regeneration AND u will also be able to stun enemy longer with Dark circle

this will be my skill build

cheers :drinks:

Can somebody say something about my skillbuild? ;)

5 That AoE skill with DoT

4/5 Health leevh skill

3 Fear

3 AoE trap

1/2 Dark arrow

I'm personally liking it so far, the area effect skills however are difficult to aim and when they do land on the intended target it doesn't quite seem they get affected by it sometimes or you will see something getting hit a panel or 2 outside the circles. I'm thinking that maybe this is a desync issue and would love the devs to check it out.

Also I experience it many times where my character will move to my target area rather than just cast on the spot I tapped on. I had similar issues with shaman earthquake. Anyone have any tips or advice on how to use these better? Or is this not intended to happen? Am I doing something wrong?

I havent played forsaken or warlock, but I know how to manage earthquake :) so if they work the same I might be able to help with accuracy.

the most important thing when you place a aoe skill is that the target is in the area when your char starts the spell. (idk if puddle has cast time like quake, but I assume so) if the target is in the aoe effected area when your mages starts casting sequense you will get him even if he leaves the area by the time your spell is finnished casting. Now puddle is a dot idk if this means you get 1 or 2 free dots even if targets outside puddle? But the basic mechanics of aoe casting. Is their any dot trouble with targets walking into puddle? For more info on casting aoe spell quake you can read my shaman spellbook thread or ask more here and ill try to aswer from my quake experiences.

I havent played forsaken or warlock, but I know how to manage earthquake :) so if they work the same I might be able to help with accuracy.

the most important thing when you place a aoe skill is that the target is in the area when your char starts the spell. (idk if puddle has cast time like quake, but I assume so) if the target is in the aoe effected area when your mages starts casting sequense you will get him even if he leaves the area by the time your spell is finnished casting. Now puddle is a dot idk if this means you get 1 or 2 free dots even if targets outside puddle? But the basic mechanics of aoe casting. Is their any dot trouble with targets walking into puddle? For more info on casting aoe spell quake you can read my shaman spellbook thread or ask more here and ill try to aswer from my quake experiences.

I have been messing around with it some more and I realized that if you are auto targetting something/someone and you attempt to use the area effect spell you will move to your targets point and cast the spell there. Its kind of a pain because you have to tap off of the target and then restart casting your aoe spell to keep your distance or end up moving into them. However I am getting much better with it. Yes the targets sometimes run thru the circle or puddle and totally get missed but other times they will be outside of the circle and get hit. This is a pretty bad display bug, I would like to see developers make it more accurate. It would be nice.

Earthquake has the same problem as puddle. If you have locked target for attack and you cast quake your char will walk over there. Sucks and its dangerous. To prevent this you need to cast blind/fear first to release target lock or move your char a step to initiate move sequence and then quick cast quake, then it will stay range.

• 4 weeks later...

this is my suggestion for skill warlock for lvl 20 and good for laby

Darkarrow              lvl 1

Life Ex.                    lvl 4 increase bleeding damage  ::)

Dark Circle              lvl 4 

Pundle of Dark        lvl 4 increase damage

Fear                        lvl 4

or

Darkarrow            lvl 1

Life ex.                lvl 3

Dark Circle          lvl 5

Pundle of Dark    lvl 3

Fear                    lvl 5

this solution just for ppl who have good connection  :good:

prefer this build at lv20, stuns last long enough at 4, and damage decent for boss hunting and pvp:

5 arrow

4 fear

4 circle

3 life leech

tested lvl5 plash and life leech and the low dmg increase is not worth it compared to arrow.

so lvl 5 blue puddle thingydoesnt have a lot higher dmg then at lvl 1?

anyway i dont like leech so my final lvl 20 build(if i ever get to that level :lol: )

will be 5 arrow(this might be also 5 blue puddly,iwill test later myself:))

5 fear

5dark circle

saying it again,i really dont like leech skill or can anyone convince me of its true capabilities?:D

so lvl 5 blue puddle thingydoesnt have a lot higher dmg then at lvl 1?

anyway i dont like leech so my final lvl 20 build(if i ever get to that level :lol: )

will be 5 arrow(this might be also 5 blue puddly,iwill test later myself:))

5 fear

5dark circle

saying it again,i really dont like leech skill or can anyone convince me of its true capabilities?:D

tested with 280 dark dmg .

plash at lvl1-5

at lvl5 85 dmg x5

at lvl1 65 dmg x5

life leech lvl1-5

at lvl1 109 dmg x3 and 39 heal x3

at lvl5 139 dmg x3 69 heal x3

leech life is good to slow down melee atkers and gain distance + small heal / bleed dmg.

in my opinion, make health leech just for addition skill, so let it staying at lv1 only and use it just for additional skill like chop to slow down enemy, cuz that skill doesn't help much, never raise its level! Cuz enemy still can attack from distance, try using it on melee mob, u will get attacked by mob from distance before the mob touching you. 100% tested. Never raise level that noob skill!

hmmm kyu is right for some part:P,  i dont think leech is worth spending points on(even tho i said tht in the past somewhere) i better think a straight 5 fear

5 circle

5 arrow is best

i just use leech to slow enemy and do a bit extra dmg and dont like it enough to lvl up  :)