Luck Needs Sacrifice

IrishBoar

Hello everyone. I couldn't decide on a good title, so decided to use a game reference instead. I will split this post into two parts:

Part 1 will include the bones of the idea

Part 2 will be for anything I feel like adding to flesh out the idea, as well as some pros and cons that I/the community come up with (I will update part 2 as people comment)

Part 1:

So the basic idea is that you would have the option to reset your level back to level 1. After doing so you would have to level up again as if from creating the character.

In exchange you would get some kind of reward. Some suggestions for the reward include:

- Bonus skill points (only one/two)

-New passive skill, similar to the faction-specific skills (Maybe you could choose from a few options)

-Upgraded base skill (makes one of your five base skills more powerful)

All these suggestions are skill-based, but I am sure a different reward would also be interesting.

I am not sure if the reward should be given immediately when the level is reset, or if it should not come into effect until re-acquiring level 20.

The level doesn't have to be 20. Maybe it should be 18, 28, 30 or even 12.

You keep gold, equips, items, achievements, craft level, etc. Your equips would be offloaded to the bag (and you are not able to reset level if the bag doesn't have enough space).

Part 2:

So here will be the more controversial additions to my suggestion, as well as the pros and cons. Some of this will be more dreaming/envisioning, but I might as well say it all, right? :crazy:

Sub-suggestions (will add more if any pop up in comments):

-Maybe you will be able to change class (small fee) / faction (medium fee) / alliance (SUPER large fee) when you reset your level. Or maybe just the ability to use your current class to do the friendly alliance quests (e.g. Druid could play on chosen) This would make it less boring than redoing the same questline.

-Hybrid classes?:kawaii:Or the ability to inherit a skill from another class?

-Class-specific costumes. Similar to those found in novice sets.

-Maybe some bonus quests, only available to those who have sacrificed? New bosses only accessible to low level players? Maybe some new, more difficult dungeons where 20 players can go in at once? 

-Bonus expert skill slots.

-Cosmetics. E.g. Player aura, costumes, weapon skins, bagde beside name.

-Possibility of achievements

Pros:

• Players would be encouraged to buy upots, novice sets, unity signs (guild xp skill), etc. This would make extra revenue for the devs, who make the great game for us.
  • Would give players who have completed the current questline things to do to pass the time.
  • Would help the scattered batches of new players get help easier, possibly encouraging them not to give up at the first boss.
  • Would make the low-level arenas more competitive and active, for players who enjoy that aspect of the game.

Cons:

• Might negatively affect the game market in some way, putting op low-level gear in higher demand, without increasing the supply by enough.
  • Choosing the right rewards would be tricky, and the wrong selection could unbalance the game or not be worth resetting your level for.
  • Possibly difficult to impliment into the game's mechanics.

So, that is all for now. Congratulations if you managed to read the entire post, I know it is a little long:get-out-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:. I would really love to hear any thoughts/other suggestions to improve my idea. Also, if anybody has any ideas for how to reword the post to make it shorter or more understandable, that'd be great! 

Edited by IrishBoar

Hi IrishBoar! It was a very unique idea & suggestion and your imagination really works hard for it. However I doubt about the level reset. Upon my observation inside the game, most players are eager about advancing the level cap to 30. Check this thread about level advance it was posted way back 2013 and still not happening... :facepalm: 

Moreover, I don't want my high amp gears to be useless when I reset my char to lvl 1... :unsure:

This would be nice idea but its most likely technically impossible, just like how they cant revert player levels down because it would mess with their data

Edited by Jcbreff

I would like this if it allowed ppl to unlock more expert skill slots wout paying mcoins after lv28 etc

And if you pay for slots you could unlock few more extra slots for passive skill books that are already there.

Otherwise its pretty meh. I wouldnt mind something cosmetic for doing a "prestige", maybe a permanent aura w different colors or something.

Or an emblem next to your name. Idk

Edited by Raislin

Yes, prestige costume and skins too.

But I don't know how I feel about keeping the gears you already had, I think that you wouldn't need to get anything again (and amp them). I understand that it would make the option less appealing to people with Arena rewards for example, but that's why it's an option I guess. And on the other hand, I think it should be more rewarding to prestige, the more equipment you had and the more amplified they were (maybe some gold return)

Keeping gold and other currencies and maybe even rare costumes is fine.

Oh and I disagree on changing classes.

Edited by Gladiator

Thanks for all the feedback!

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Yes, prestige costume and skins too.

But I don't know how I feel about keeping the gears you already had, I think that you wouldn't need to get anything again (and amp them). I understand that it would make the option less appealing to people with Arena rewards for example, but that's why it's an option I guess. And on the other hand, I think it should be more rewarding to prestige, the more equipment you had and the more amplified they were (maybe some gold return)

Keeping gold and other currencies and maybe even rare costumes is fine.

That is an interesting perspective. To lose gear or to keep it. An argument to start the next war of Arinar over, probably:happy_yes1:

Are you playing castle clash?:cat6: It's kinda the same principal there.

Generally, I like the idea but which quests would you have to do to level up? Honestly, I wouldn't want to do the whole storyline again and quests from Ayvondil are too hard at a low level:staringpumpkin:

2 hours ago, Morgana said:

Generally, I like the idea but which quests would you have to do to level up? Honestly, I wouldn't want to do the whole storyline again and quests from Ayvondil are too hard at a low level:staringpumpkin:

Never played castle clash, but I do have a feeling I played a game where this was a feature. 😅

I have never made it past level 19 so I am not sure about the quests exactly. Although, it might be too much work for the devs to make an entire new questline.:unknw:

7 hours ago, IrishBoar said:

I have never made it past level 19 so I am not sure about the quests exactly. Although, it might be too much work for the devs to make an entire new questline.:unknw:

I don't know whether you use xp pots to level up but even then you know it's a kinda of boring task to finish quests continuously xD And even if you don't use xp pots, you don't know the hell amount of quests that you have to finish on Ayvondil as well and in general the freaking amount of quests it takes to level up to 28 x.x level 19 is nothing, believe me:omg:

21 hours ago, Morgana said:

You mean hero evolutions in castle clash?

Edited by Jcbreff

i have mixed feelings about this suggestion. Big no on hubrid classes, as for the new skills that are available only to those that sacrifice i suggest it becomes an option only after you reached 30lvl. Now for the reborn part, i dont think you should be able to keep your personal equipped items armors, weapons, acessories and costumes (receiving included) if you chose to be reborn as anything other than your original picked class or faction. 

I like the aura n rest of the suggestions too 🙄

Edited by REAPER