New expert skill for mages

TheSoulless

Hello and welcome to my topic! 

First I'd like to say few things that some people might misunderstand. I'm a mage main, and even though I've played all the classes that warspear has to offer us (at some point), I still can't really tell what would someone who is playing a shaman or druid mainly think of this. So please, be sure to tell me your opinions and overall thoughts about this. 

So lets get to the subject of this topic.

My suggestion is:

A summon frost/water/fire elemental (I think they'd all suit mage pretty well). 

What it does, is stronger version of this relic that we already have: Relic of dispelling. The elemental clears out the target's positive effects, including deathknights' secret reserves if they're active, shamans'&druids'&charmers' heals, ferocity&resilience skills and so on. The elemental would use the skill every 3rd sec. The more skill points you spend on it, the longer it'll last, and the more hp it'll have. On top of that, it deal low magic damage to the target (melee range). 

The skill wouldn't be that strong in pve scenarios, since bosses would resist the effect of it's skill, but still the low mdmg that the elemental deal will come in handy. If you ask me, giving mages another skill that works well in pve, would make them overpowered there, since they already are probably the best caster in pve. Still the skill would be great and make them little more useful in pvp scenarios. 

Skill cooldown would be moderate, since its an expert skill (something like the cooldown of charmers' bird). 

So thats my suggestion, now shoot me with the opinions and thoughts. :dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

well since more and more legion hero's get buffs that stay on forever with enough cd or cause they are passive this might be a good idea. but before we accept this new skill, I want to see the counterbalance of it. Maybe give charmer another minion? give barbarians another stun? druid another heal? 

anyway, I can smell the tears of the offended already so here is my proposal. don't let it cast every 3 seconds. make it like charmers "knowledge of dead man" and let it cast a complete dispel (all opponent positive buffs) every 5 skills a mage uses. 

5 minutes ago, REAPER said:

well since more and more legion hero's get buffs that stay on forever with enough cd or cause they are passive this might be a good idea. but before we accept this new skill, I want to see the counterbalance of it. Maybe give charmer another minion? give barbarians another stun? druid another heal? 

anyway, I can smell the tears of the offended already so here is my proposal. don't let it cast every 3 seconds. make it like charmers "knowledge of dead man" and let it cast a complete dispel (all opponent positive buffs) every 5 skills a mage uses. 

Every 5 skills would be too much since combos are easily breakable, and most mages are pretty squishy when they get stunned. But something like every 3 skills would be ok, if we accept all skills. 

11 hours ago, Adam Clarke said:

How to make mages even more broken lol. Gg xd

I'd say "less underpowered", but I guess thats opinion based. Anyway... All classes are getting a new expert, so I don't think that mages would be "more broken", especially since this skill wouldn't be that useful in PvE (where mages are pretty good).