priest in arena

Roguej

Priest is awesome...all skill are great...lol....since the beggining it was the last class i'd chose...but i gave a chance to priest n liked so much

priest is beast in arena when fighting  aganist 6-14lvl players and have 5lvl shield but i dont think he will be so good aganist 15-20...

Priest is awesome...all skill are great...lol....since the beggining it was the last class i'd chose...but i gave a chance to priest n liked so much

Don't play PVP but find it tough with my level 4 Priest in PVE. I'm going to stick with her but dying so easily sucks when 2 attack at once. What level, does it get better? 

My opinion of skill points to use.

Harad's Tears- Lv2

Power Word -  Lv1

Truce- Lv4

Sacred Shield- Lv5

Healing Touch- Lv5

This skill setup wil help in mobbing and bossing easily. Can switch one level of truce for harads tears.

so upgrading the shield skill, does it increase the skill effect duration ?

yes if you spend your skill point for that skill it will be efect for longer time

sorry for my english:)

Just went in the arena with my lvl 10 mage and a lvl 9 BD against a priest and a pally lvl 11 (for my utter sadness...)

The pally went down easily, I don't know how... my partner died not long after and it was just me and the priest, both almost full hp. Now, I was thinking: "Yea, that's gonna be easy, he can't do much dmg anyways..."

The damned bastard kept spamming the shield and my mana just kept draining as I spammed my skills to pull his shield off and hoping for a crit to finish him off quickly... but no, he just kept using the damn shield -.-'

I was kind of noobish however, using wrong skills, but still, kinda OP xD

Umm upgrading the shield does not give u a longer duration of the shield, but it upgrades the amount of dmg the shield can take.

EXAMPLE : LV 1 shield can take 100 dmg

LV 2 shield can take 200 dmg and so on.. this is just example im not sure how much dmg it can take

just a piece of advise,

shield is best when ur on lvls 3 to 6 arena coz they can hardly hit u (otherwise youre opponent got +10 recruit items- then ur done lol). U can stuck to this level and rule arena. Haha.

Anyway, its so true, i find priest comfortable to play in pvp, like most players would say coooool when theyre with u lol

• 2 weeks later...

Got a lvl10 priest and in arena its extremly strong against players without mc. My priest got only enchants from mentor boxes and +1 gear from rewards. Against equal players priest is a monster, but against amped and good enchanted mages, and melee classes they break holy shield in one hit and its just to massive to with stand.

How will priest be at lvl20, idk. But im going for a pvp healer/support that will innitially very depending of partner doing good dmg, but in longer fights that turn 1vs1 I think my priest will have a massive chance of winning.

Priest is tricky, very good strong sides. But will the lack of offense be to much of a price or can you work your way around that negative point.

only one problem at low level: mana regen. my priest always run out of mana after 1 of the enemies is killed, and then partner die, then lose 1 on 1 cause no mana  :'(  otherwise super class  8)

• 4 months later...

the duration and the am0unt depends on the level of the the shield. Like shield can absorb 500 damage. Unless the enemy didnt reach the damage to be absorb, the shield remains for a period of time. :)

well im 60 exp away from lvl20(i have spent last 3days questing 24hours a day :wacko: )

im now 5tears4heal3arm2shield

my plan was 5tears3arm5heal2wordpower2shield

cuz word power helps against OP classes that it doesnt matter your dmg or heal against them like warlock and rogue(i saw a priest with 3arm and 3word power he arsimisitced lvl20 warlock then used word power against him at once arm ended and the warlock as usuall spamed all his skills then he had 0mana in 5sec and priest killed him so eassily ;D )

also i decided to max heal cuz the dumpasses who makes lab hunts inv the guy with 650heal and shield 2 and leave the guy with 630heal and shield 4 not knowing that on each lvl shield absorb 100 more dmg so 400-500dmg on lvl4

while heal only +25- +45 heal on each lvl

:facepalm:

also i had a post with tactic in pvp and norlant that may help you as a priest(when my plan was 4shield)

im lvl19 priest now and i can give some advises

max.harad tears cuz every new lvl of it has higher rate of.hitting all enemies attacking you or your party so in lvl5 i almost always kill all serpant warriers with 2tears near avenger or just 1tear if i get lucky and have a crit on them

word power lvl1 can easlly drains enmies from full mana to 0mana it depends on the enemy smart or not but ofc there is sometactics to make them spam skills like:

use arimistic on enemies and right when its time end(you may want to master its time so u be the first to strike) use word power cuz enemy will spam all his attack skills against you when arsimistic ends even the smart enemies :rofl:

other tactic is to start the match with word power

as for arsimistic i feal that lvl3 of it is more then enaugh for me though it takes 4-5seconds which is enuagh for me to run :wacko: even though that arsimistic compined with other skills can make great tactics for examble

you can use arsimiatic on enemy then use tears on a 1HP near mob or other enemy though that you will hit the first enemy with dmg bonus(my tears hits the 1HP mobs by 480 and his the first enemy by 500-550 dmg also if i was lucky and it was a crit i get 1000-1100dmg on first enemy)

other tactic is the arsimistic then word power at once which i spoken about before

as for healing i use lvl4 on healing and it hits the 630 on heal set so it isnt neccessry to max it(healing is 180 on lvl4 if you have 0astral magic so i guess it adds 45 heal on each lvl so your heal will be 225 on lvl5 if you have 0astral magic)

as for shield you may want it to be high lvl more then heal because shield adds 100dmg absorb on each lvl whioe heaping add 45

i tested the lvl5 of it with a friend of mine who is a priest max shield and it absorbed 500-600dmg

other point is shield is NOT upgradeable by anything but skills points while healing is upgradeable by.astral magic so if i had lvl1 heal now i would had 480 heal

so my skill build in general is 5tears cuz it has like100% chance to hit all enemies on lvl5

1word power though it is enaugh to drain enemy mana

3arsimistic though that it has 4-5sec on lvl 3 which is enaugh for me personally to run,heal,etc

4heal because 630 heal is enaugh for me also i can apgrade it with astral equips(i use 2 lvl12rings which they give 11dmg 11astral if each of them though i didnt find higher lvl rings which had sun and astral in the same time

4shield and this dont need more explenation i just dont have enaugh skill points to max it

so my lvl20 build is 5tears1wordpower4heal3arsimistic4shield

also i like to note afew points about priests here

tears will hit any one attacking you or your party even if it was from own faction for examble.the wisps in norlant i use 1tear on crazed mage and all wips die

also if your party member facing an enemy and you cant reach him because he is away in map and he will die by the time u reach him immdiettly use tears on any near 1HP mob or weak enemy then yours will hit the enemy facing your party mate too

other tactic for breath cacher in norlant which i use every day to kill 1500Hp cacher just attack the rawa apperiance when it is far from the cacher so the cacher will have his focus on you but cant attack you cuz u away from him then use tears on a mob near you and keap fighting

you will relize soon that the cacher died with tears before the mob 8)

priests in general are very unice class if you use them right :drinks:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Priests suck agains druid,warlock or shaman bks priest have to use skills all time so priests cant do anything if you try to pvp with druid with +5 root or shaman with +5 lightning bolt or warlock with +3- +5 sircle and fear.Priests own barbarians and most rogues and dk's.My lvl 20 skill build is +5 tears,+5 shield and +5 heal.