Mage skills

Tsja

I've started a mage (now lvl 3), and the skills are very interesting. But i wonder how strong the class really is. It has some damage-skills but they are not very strong.

Fireball is the real damage-skill, but it is equivalent to lightning (also same cooldown) of the druid (and that one is not really strong if you compare it to other classes).

Time warp: I thought the mage's tactic was hit and run, but you can not teleport away. You have to attack something/someone with it. So this is not the run-skill. And thats making it less interesting, because as a ranged class you want to be far away instead of next to the opponent. It is a damage-skill, in a range. So maybe you can compare it with charge, except it deals damage in a small area. (the skill text does not say what will increase when updraded).

Stone shatters: This one seems very interesting because you 'always' get in melee :) Again, the text does not say what will be upgraded when this skill is upgraded. But it is fun to use this skill when multiple opponents are attacking you. But the cooldown is long (almost twice of the fireball).

Illusory chains: This one has a long cooldown too, but the combination of fireball, stone shatter, chains is very usefull! Increasing this skill will hold the opponent longer and the push away will also increase. Sounds good to me :)

Sun armor: This one is costly and the cooldown is also very long. It will help resisting to magical damage, but i don't know if it's worth increasing it. It is not my favorite.

My personal interest go to Fireball, Stone shatters and Illusory chains. The mage doesn't look like a very stong class at all, because of the cloth armor. The mage normal attack is also low, so the skills should do the trick. Because of the long cooldowns (except fireball), the chains-skill becomes very important.

Fireball: the usual skill..

Time warp: works hen not in combat... and it is not necessary to target at elnemy... can be used too run as well..

Stone shatters is good, but since it is aoe the dmg is not very significant..

Illusory chains imo is mages best ftiend.... definite skill points here...

Sun armor: iv never liked such skills.... plus fior mage its only magic reduction... so i dnt think its as good....

Time warp: works hen not in combat... and it is not necessary to target at elnemy... can be used too run as well..

It does? In that case i have to try it better. But when i try to move the target-area with my keyboard, i only get this yellow square on targets. So it seemed like i have to target something.

it was supposed to be a ranged op class  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

except fireball nothing is ranged

You are right Zetta about the Time warp :)

Still i wonder how good the mage is compared with a druid in moon equipment if lightning and fireball are equivalent.

Fireball and Illusory chains are best for pvp

Time warp and Stone shatters is best for pve when grouped all minions together for kill (for single targets switch time warp with fireball)

So, have been testing some skills upgrade (by creating a lvl 1 character, lvling him to 2 and testing the skills dmg through 1 to 2).

Here's what I got, feel free to fix me please, if I said something incorrectly:

Fireball --> Needless to say, I guess...

Time Warp --> This one intrigued me. It's range is 5 tiles and this does not increases with lvl. Rather, it's damage does, to 44 to 65, or something near.

Stone Shatters --> Here's what I disliked... It seems that lvling it, the radius does NOT increase, or increases little over the lvls (so, at 2 I wouldn't perceive it), BUT it's dmg increased poorly in comparison with Time Warp, it went from 44 to 54. FROM the description i'm guessing that even though SS's dmg increases with Sun, TW's one does NOT, but it needs to be tested. If it's not the case, I don't see the point in raising SS since TW's radius is almost the same and it's dmg would be higher...

Illusory Chains --> Haven't raised that one yet, but it seems to be pretty straightforward... (Also, to be tested, it's radius of effect seems to be higher on PVP. I had the impression that the chains was being casted from like 4+ tiles away, but I might be wrong).

Sun Armor --> Haven't tested that aswell. It's base buff seems to be /4% in all M.Resistances...

Any tips on build? So far I guess it's 5 FB 5 Illusory Chains and 5 SS or TW...

time warp lvl5 stone shat lvl5 chain lvl5 :D awesome killer

I think their cooldown is WAY too long, don't you think? =/

Chain only good againt melee n useless when using against range type.u still get attack on. Hard to hit n run when warp n still get hit on. Range fighter with close combat skills....:/ fireball the best

Has anyone experience yet what gets improved when increasing Time warp? Is the range increased, or only the amount of damage?

their sun armor only defends against magic, so its probably highly effective at lv5. I think mage can be built to be a wizard slayer

Chain only good againt melee n useless when using against range type.u still get attack on. Hard to hit n run when warp n still get hit on. Range fighter with close combat skills....:/ fireball the best

yah.. & stone shat also must be range type.  :( .. mage i think not so useful in hunting..

I got Mage lvl 17 now ;) Took 3 days but it's worth it :) Also got my Paladin Lvl 14 and my Priest Lvl 7 :)

OMG!,did u sleep?

Mage is good... I have 5fb 5ss on a lvl 14. :lol: its deadly that way. I left manley a little present by knocking off 50%+ health before he even knew what hapened :rofl: but he only need 2 hits to kill me since hes a lvl 20 and all.. And yes this was a fair fight it was in pvp cave and I challenged him  :aggressive: and btw u should use tw on ranged clases because they will be trying to hit and run. Tw in their "bubble" and jusg unload on them.. Thats my only strategy 8)

yesterday my rogue lvl 13 tried to kill mage lvl 15 in left caravan elves. I use invi and atk her when she attacking ghost. when 1st atk to her,  ghost was dead. Mage almost die, but she was using potion.  :crazy:

I almost die. I tried stun and after it atk again. at the last,  she used teleport skill to me for make me die and I am die, but she died too coz I use atk skill+critical to her. no one win  :lol:

Teleport vs Invisible :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

already realized that, mage can be the best class of game?  :dirol:

but of course... all skills must be well trained.

use sun armor for amplify your atks, use teleport for one hit good, use ilusory chains for imobilise, stones shatters for more one hit, and ends with fire ball... one or two of the enemies will be dead  ;D

maybe you can be invincible  :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Stone Shatters --> Here's what I disliked... It seems that lvling it, the radius does NOT increase, or increases little over the lvls (so, at 2 I wouldn't perceive it), BUT it's dmg increased poorly in comparison with Time Warp, it went from 44 to 54. FROM the description i'm guessing that even though SS's dmg increases with Sun, TW's one does NOT, but it needs to be tested. If it's not the case, I don't see the point in raising SS since TW's radius is almost the same and it's dmg would be higher...

wouldn't it be normal that all damage done by mage is increased by sun? well if you remove all your sun magic damage gears, your TW damage goes down, i tried adding in astral magic gears but that didn't add any damage, i'll test moon gears but there's no equipment that has both moon and sun so it's kinda pointless

a comparison between TW 5 and SS 5 would be nice, atm TW is a bit better, it is versatile - its an aim-able 3x3 aoe which you can even use defensively *cough*escaping*cough* compared to SS where you'll probably get hit before you can fire off one

• 1 year later...

Well I've Thought of This Simply To Be Honest. Try Em

Boss Build: 5 FB, 5 Warp, 5 Stone

PvP Build: 5 FB, 5 Chains, 5 Warp or 5 Stone (Which Ever You Use More Often)

Hybrid Build: 5 FB, 5 Chains, 3 Warp, 3 Stone

Youtube Channel: TheAstry

I Make Intense War Videos :spiteful:

View The Latest War Video Which Was An Attack On Armor Cliff!