why a magic pala need physic dmg ?

f4348357

recently  i create a pala char.the class is wonderful,I regret not meeting it earlier.but there r a question confused me ,as title.

why pala need physic dmg?just for purify?

and why  most rich pala choose  physic build while most of  its skills power depend on magical power.

ps:i  know  charmer need phyzc for dog,dog do  much dmg

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is because the rich pala could afford to amp. 1h mace and shield + ferocity + high amp + physical damage + tank = pvp paladin this playstyle is only for rich people, because they could afford to amp there mace. Hopefully this makes sense :)

Short answer:

The best magic skills (Banner and Call) have a high cooldown, in 1 banner usage you can use Purifying 5 times and shield strike 2 times, and those are very strong physical damage skills.

Long answer:

A lot of factors make 1handed physical builds better than magic for PvP, be it 1h or 2h. So let's go 1 by 1:

First: Why 1 handed?

1- An extra stun from shield strike + new heal effect with Sun Seal combo which can be 20% of your HP at 4/4, which is awesome.

An extra stun is very important, it is easier to hit if you are in 1 yard range than Call, and more guaranteed (100% success even at 1/4). Though I recommend 4/4 to get 3 second stun and 20% heal.

2- Shield provides more defensiveness as well, block is pretty nice especially if you block a stun or a strong hit from Bladedancers, Rogues, Rangers, Seekers.

So 1handed Physical damage is way better than 2handed physical damage or spears.

Why not magic spear or hammer?

1- As I mentioned before, it might sound appealing that there are more magic skills than phyiscal ones, but magic skills have a higher cooldown.

Magic skills (Call and Illumination) shine only in crowded situations, not so often the case in 1v1 or in Arena. That's why magic 2handeds are better in PvE and Dungeons.

Also Call is not reliable to be the only stun besides Fetters.

2- You have a heal skill that relies on magic, but also you lose a lot of defensiveness and the 20% heal from shield strike, not to mention that extra stun could save the fight, and PvP stuns is more important than heal and damage. So it doesn't seem worth it.

3- The biggest difference between the two builds I'd say is the banner damage, it could reach 1k per hit with full magic. But a good PvPer will stun you and run out banner which is not hard since your only stun is 4 seconds fetter and 2 seconds call (3 banner hits), and the banner damage often splits, so if you focus the damage with sun seal, you give up 2 seconds, that will give the opponent time to stun you before you use call. (Imagining the combo would be Fetter > Banner > Sun Seal, you wouldn't have time to use Call before the opponent stuns you. Most classes with high resilience and mdef survive the banner, and if they do, you will have to wait 40 seconds to deal any significant damage.

Why not 1h magic?

1- shield strike is a physical damage skill, so you will lose a lot of damage, also a lot of damage from purifying, and even more damage from normal attacks.

And point 3 above also applies here, but you don't reach high damages with it.

But yes, full physical damage builds are more expensive to make, even though amping maces is easier than 2h wpns, you need to get the best pdmg accessories (Halloween accessories and/or craft rings), although it is not bad to max it up, and get half halloween pdmg gear and half magic accessories, or even full magic accessories.

For PvP, I'd recommend pdmg maces with magic accessories for lower amps. If you use 2handed magic being a low amp you will be very weak defensively.

Higher amps prefer pdmg to deal huge damage to a single target, and if you have arena rewards, that's a completely different story, since you definitely wanna go full pdmg for the HP and resilience.

Well for pvp i guess gladiatoor answered everything.

As for pve i really prefer magical built.

Why? cuz in dgs AoE dmg usually matters more. Banner 4/4 is a strong dmg buff for ur pt. But yeah long cd...

But illumination is also an excellent skill. 2h magic built can reach 1k+ dmg with illu, and cd is 14s only. Call deals strong aoe dmg too, though cd is longer. The extra heal helps a lot as well, and all those skills don't require you to select a target.

A pala on RU named shinra is using full magic (at least he was last time i watched one of his vids, but was weeks, perhaps months ago) if u want to have a look: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYF-kxsSVHqc5Utb-MJr_FQ

Still there is a big problem for those who go for magic built...

Pala is a tank, with alrdy low hp. If u use 2h magic ur gonna have low hp, low def and no block. U'll need to be full +10 to be a proper tank.

But ur gonna tell me why not just get a shield and a magic mace as well? Well the problem is that magic maces are really bad. They aren't worth the amp. Idk any pala lvl 28 using high amped magic mace. So if u going full magic u gonna be a good support class with heal+dmg buff, have strong AoE dmg, but u are gonna be a weak tank.

I created a topic about it yesterday: https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/topic/63783-magic-dmg-from-1h-maces/

So tanker palas use shield+pdmg mace

I hope someday they buff magic maces

EDIT: on my pala lvl 20 i use 3/4 illu 1/4 call with pdmg mace and magic enchant. I rly like it. But u know, i haven't all the expert skills nor the skill points yet, when i'll make a lvl 28 pala will i use pdmg mace to tank but with magic built? Idk. It would really annoy me. If only magic maces were worth the amp...

Edited by Pecleb

Yes for PvE full magic spear is the best because of AoE damage and life steal, actually tankier than 1handed in crowded places if you time your skills well.

My casual PvE build: http://ws-db.ru/calculator#40015

Currently working on amping lvl26 life steal hammer.

Edited by Gladiator

nice thx a lot. perfect i guess, nothing to say. Gladiatoor best US pala confirmed :D

I was thinking about using lvl 26 ls cloak and lvl 24 ls amu with hp to be tankier. But i get that since u are strong enough it's more fun to get more dmg and pene.

And yes hammer lvl 26 is from far the best 2h magic weap since hammer enchant is stronger than spear and it got ls.

I hope that they add lvl 28 magic/hp/ls amu (since there's one lvl 20 and 24) when there'll be lvl 30. And high lvl magic/hp rings cuz skyfire rings are lvl 20 :/

But first i have to lvl a pala from 1 to 28... since i finally stopped mine at 20 and i like it :D

42 minutes ago, Pecleb said:

I was thinking about using lvl 26 ls cloak and lvl 24 ls amu with hp to be tankier.

that would not be bad because I use 3 craft pieces for this build and to get that HP and feel comfortable not using an HP amulet, it is pretty expensive if you ask me, but worth it.

On 28/3/2018 at 3:43 AM, Gladiator said:

that would not be bad because I use 3 craft pieces for this build and to get that HP and feel comfortable not using an HP amulet, it is pretty expensive if you ask me, but worth it.

Could you tell me ur pvp build pddmg gladiator? Just curious

1 hour ago, Oblada said:

Could you tell me ur pvp build pddmg gladiator? Just curious

I have at least 2 builds for different situations and opponents.

The cape is lvl26 pdmg parry with parry enchants, helmet and amulet with resistance enchants 

rings are lvl20 skyfire with life steal enchants. The rest is a mix of lvl21 +10 Arena and lvl25 +9 Arena gears, weapon is +9.

My mdef is low i need to amp my amulet it is still +7, and need better rings.

Build1: max resilience, well rounded build.

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Build2: This build is extra defensive against stunners: high parry and resistance, weaker resilience and still not fully amped though.

Helmet and boots have parry stats (+7).

Definitely recommend resistence mix, you'd still have enough resilience to not receive too many crit hits, and have the sexy 15% resist chance, which is awesome.

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

And sometimes I mix resilience with craft items for max HP, but it is not good against casters and high crit players.

11 hours ago, Gladiator said:

I have at least 2 builds for different situations and opponents.

The cape is lvl26 pdmg parry with parry enchants, helmet and amulet with resistance enchants 

rings are lvl20 skyfire with life steal enchants. The rest is a mix of lvl21 +10 Arena and lvl25 +9 Arena gears, weapon is +9.

My mdef is low i need to amp my amulet it is still +7, and need better rings.

Build1: max resilience, well rounded build.

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

Build2: This build is extra defensive against stunners: high parry and resistance, weaker resilience and still not fully amped though.

Helmet and boots have parry stats (+7).

Definitely recommend resistence mix, you'd still have enough resilience to not receive too many crit hits, and have the sexy 15% resist chance, which is awesome.

Hide contents

image.pngimage.png

And sometimes I mix resilience with craft items for max HP, but it is not good against casters and high crit players.

Ty for ur answer bro....High parry with resistance seems good since  pala has 3 stun skills, just imagine 2 palas going arena..  the last thing that still make me curious is  what is ur skill distribution now? I guess u full pvp pdmg skill build yea? And what the hardest comb to defeat in 2v2 arena in ur opinion? 

9 hours ago, Oblada said:

Ty for ur answer bro....High parry with resistance seems good since  pala has 3 stun skills, just imagine 2 palas going arena..  the last thing that still make me curious is  what is ur skill distribution now? I guess u full pvp pdmg skill build yea? And what the hardest comb to defeat in 2v2 arena in ur opinion? 

Not really full PvP, since PvE is still part of my play.

5 fetters

5 heal 

3 purifying

And that's because I also use full magic spear for PvE, but if you have only pdmg then I'd say better 5/5 purifying and 3 heal

3 Banner

3 Call

3 shield strike

I use call 3/4 to get 90% stun chance, it is very good in Arena and also to improve my PvE build, so it's kind of a mix for both PvE and PvP gaining the mdmg for PvE and the stun chance for PvP, but If you're full PvP pdmg and for 1v1 and 2v2 especially, better go with 4/4 strike and 4/4 banner. I might switch to that as well soon.

On 2018/3/27 at 7:14 PM, Gladiator said:

Short answer:

The best magic skills (Banner and Call) have a high cooldown, in 1 banner usage you can use Purifying 5 times and shield strike 2 times, and those are very strong physical damage skills.

Long answer:

A lot of factors make 1handed physical builds better than magic for PvP, be it 1h or 2h. So let's go 1 by 1:

First: Why 1 handed?

1- An extra stun from shield strike + new heal effect with Sun Seal combo which can be 20% of your HP at 4/4, which is awesome.

An extra stun is very important, it is easier to hit if you are in 1 yard range than Call, and more guaranteed (100% success even at 1/4). Though I recommend 4/4 to get 3 second stun and 20% heal.

2- Shield provides more defensiveness as well, block is pretty nice especially if you block a stun or a strong hit from Bladedancers, Rogues, Rangers, Seekers.

So 1handed Physical damage is way better than 2handed physical damage or spears.

Why not magic spear or hammer?

1- As I mentioned before, it might sound appealing that there are more magic skills than phyiscal ones, but magic skills have a higher cooldown.

Magic skills (Call and Illumination) shine only in crowded situations, not so often the case in 1v1 or in Arena. That's why magic 2handeds are better in PvE and Dungeons.

Also Call is not reliable to be the only stun besides Fetters.

2- You have a heal skill that relies on magic, but also you lose a lot of defensiveness and the 20% heal from shield strike, not to mention that extra stun could save the fight, and PvP stuns is more important than heal and damage. So it doesn't seem worth it.

3- The biggest difference between the two builds I'd say is the banner damage, it could reach 1k per hit with full magic. But a good PvPer will stun you and run out banner which is not hard since your only stun is 4 seconds fetter and 2 seconds call (3 banner hits), and the banner damage often splits, so if you focus the damage with sun seal, you give up 2 seconds, that will give the opponent time to stun you before you use call. (Imagining the combo would be Fetter > Banner > Sun Seal, you wouldn't have time to use Call before the opponent stuns you. Most classes with high resilience and mdef survive the banner, and if they do, you will have to wait 40 seconds to deal any significant damage.

Why not 1h magic?

1- shield strike is a physical damage skill, so you will lose a lot of damage, also a lot of damage from purifying, and even more damage from normal attacks.

And point 3 above also applies here, but you don't reach high damages with it.

But yes, full physical damage builds are more expensive to make, even though amping maces is easier than 2h wpns, you need to get the best pdmg accessories (Halloween accessories and/or craft rings), although it is not bad to max it up, and get half halloween pdmg gear and half magic accessories, or even full magic accessories.

For PvP, I'd recommend pdmg maces with magic accessories for lower amps. If you use 2handed magic being a low amp you will be very weak defensively.

Higher amps prefer pdmg to deal huge damage to a single target, and if you have arena rewards, that's a completely different story, since you definitely wanna go full pdmg for the HP and resilience.

really very very thanks for u answer and ur build ,solved all my problems.

i gain a lot ,and meet a pro palatin player by the way

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2018 at 7:17 PM, Gladiator said:

Not really full PvP, since PvE is still part of my play.

5 fetters

5 heal 

3 purifying

And that's because I also use full magic spear for PvE, but if you have only pdmg then I'd say better 5/5 purifying and 3 heal

3 Banner

3 Call

3 shield strike

I use call 3/4 to get 90% stun chance, it is very good in Arena and also to improve my PvE build, so it's kind of a mix for both PvE and PvP gaining the mdmg for PvE and the stun chance for PvP, but If you're full PvP pdmg and for 1v1 and 2v2 especially, better go with 4/4 strike and 4/4 banner. I might switch to that as well soon.

can i ask u , which one is better ? Block+parry or crits? 

and how much crits do u suggest for lvl 28 pala/

ty

2 hours ago, Oblada said:

can i ask u , which one is better ? Block+parry or crits? 

and how much crits do u suggest for lvl 28 pala/

ty

Crit in PvP isn't that strong, most of the people that I fight have more than 40% resilience and it's very hard to top that or even 30% resi with crit, so I just ditched the whole stat and replaced it with parry, it is way better.