An Introduction and a Friendly Buffer for Newbies

Hiroshi Kai

Hi. I'm not a new player by any means, but I don't use the forums at all so I thought I'd introduce myself here since I may just decide to be more active here. Anyways, I've been here for almost 2 years now and I feel like many players don't know me or don't want to and I'd like to change that. Most probably know my druid Reikokai, which is my first and most loved character I own. I would recommend druid as a starting class for anyone on the Sentinel side, I had a rough time at the beginning but it teaches you a lot about how the game works when you go from a healer to trying another class that can't heal. Then there's the prospect of arriving at Irselnort, the random T1 attacks by MCs turn away many new players. I was one of those, I nearly quit the game for good several times back then but man am I glad I didn't. I got hooked once I learned about some of the more advanced features of the game, and the slow but rewarding leveling system. There are some overall better games out there, but I can't seem to get away from Warspear for very long without being pulled back in by its charm. And it has plenty of that, along with some great people. And yes, there are plenty of bad ones too but I'm trying my best to make sure they don't ruin the fun for newbies and also vets like me who want a better community environment for the entire server. I play on the U.S. Sapphire server exclusively now, but I did like the feel of the EU Emerald server when I spent a short time trying out the Paladin class there. I've played a few MMOs in my day, but never any like Warspear. They seem to like to do things their own way with developing the game, and that's what sets it apart from most. It may not be as flashy or as technically advanced as others out there, but it has that style and charm to make up for it. Still, there are quite a few bugs that have yet to be worked out but it's a never-ending process when you have a game that's server based like this one. And to any of the new players out there that get discouraged easily when faced with a seemingly insurmountable challenge, you don't have to everything alone. Don't be afraid to reach out to your fellow players just because a few rude veterans won't give you the time of day, there are those out there who aren't busy with their own selfish desires and will gladly help you with whatever you need. I am one of them, and I love helping newbies in exchange for a simple thank you. If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer them to the best of my abilities. I'm an open book and wear my heart on my sleeve most of the time, so what you see is what you get. But that doesn't mean that I don't get misunderstood, ithe seems to happen to me a lot. We all get a little too focused on the wrong details sometimes, myself included. But I really just want a good environment for people to have fun without having to resort to name calling and roasting someone just for having an opinion, as often happens in this game on both sides of the war. But I won't stop trying to end that trend, there is hope for this place yet and hope for all of you just starting or even the ones who are stuck on a quest or just in a rut with leveling their characters. I will see you guys around hopefully, I'm open to messaging or just a random pm in-game is fine. Now go kill something and have fun while doing it!  *Menacing pointing gesture

4 hours ago, Urscrewed said:

Let's be real, the forums are dead, well, the English ones are.

I would use life scroll, if i had one

16 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Somehow i think that too many players make these similar topics

Well I saw that there are many topics like it but that's kind of what the section for after all, right? I figured I'd at least make an introduction and simultaneously encourage any new players that just so happen to come here. I didn't even touch the forums until after like a year of being here, and I can see why new posters need to be approved  (or maybe it was just because of the section I posted in). It's the same in any forum, the important ones don't always get pinned and then the rest become buried under a pile of similar posts.

17 hours ago, Morgana said:

Welcome:christmashello:

Thanks, I hope I can actually contribute in some way here since few seem to listen to me in-game.