Alistair

So I've looked around, found a few Discord servers, but most of which were poorly managed, almost empty, poorly created, and disorganized. 

I've been using Discord for quite a while and am very familiar with it, so I took the liberty of creating a server that will not only be aestheticly pleasing, but also very user friendly and opposite of the aforementioned negative traits of the other servers.

My server, as of now, is more geared towards the US-Sapphire community. I may implement expansion to other servers depending on how this one turns out.

| The Goal |

- Create a community of fellow Warspear fans outside of the game, so that they may keep in touch when not playing.

- Utilize Discord's voice chat function to further enhance the co-op gaming experience. This will create a far better system of communication between players during events, dungeons, questing, etc.

- Connect players on a more personal level.

Perks |

- With my "Guild" channels I've incorporated into my server, it will be significantly easier to coordinate guild events, find a other guilds, and make recruiting/joining a lot less painful.

- The "World Chat" channel in my server will make text based communication much easier and far less cluttered. Plus, you'll be able to share your dank memes with your friends. As an added bonus, there will not be any GameRusher spammers.

- I have created a "Market" channel to help with the buying and selling of in-game items. This is especially useful because now if the buyer/seller is skeptical, they can provide screenshots as evidence.

- Bots! In my server, I really like to utilize the bot function. 

- Stream Music

- Play mini-games

(We got Blackjack) :hmm:

- Rise through the ranks in the server and so much more.

... The list goes on...

The Future |

As an additional perk to using Discord, I have ideas for the future that would allow for the orchestrating of large scale events such as (but not limited to) :

-Gold give-aways

-Raffles for rare items, costumes, gold.

- Large dungeon "raids" for continuous raiding without having to spam the in-game chat for players.

-Guild wars

Etc.

To me, it is blatantly obvious that this is an essential tool for the Warspear community. If you are interested, you may simply click this link; 

https://discord.gg/8jK7Rdj

If you are not interested, for some odd reason, you may just go on about your day, playing un-connected.

P.S.

I apologize. I did not mean to offend, I only meant that the some of the servers I had visited had been less than "up-to-par". The overall theme I repeatedly saw, was cluttered UI, cramped menus, and no apparent organization accompanied by a barely existent community. Which may actually be the reason behind the decrease in Discord activity. Too many people joining the wrong servers and having bad experiences, then developing a mindset that all of discord is just as bad.

If we're to do this, it has to be done right and is ultimately up to the people that take the initial step. I built the platform, now it's up to the players to stand on it.

Take a chance, I'd be willing to bet you'll have a better experience this time. 

download.jpeg

Screenshot_2018-02-13-22-12-30.png

Screenshot_2018-02-13-22-13-26.png

Screenshot_2018-02-13-22-13-47.png

Screenshot_2018-02-13-22-15-38.png

Edited by Alistair
Added a few extra notations and screenshots.

5 hours ago, Morgana said:

Thanks, I guess mine is poorly organized too then:christmaskiss: @Alistair

Haha. I mean no offense, @Morgana. What I said was merely directed towards the ones I have visited. If you'd give me a link, I'll gladly stop by :biggrin:

Edited by Alistair

4 hours ago, Raezer said:

You are expecting a bit too much from the ws community.

Am I? That's a shame. You're not the first to tell me that. :mellow:

I think it would be great for something of this magnitude to take place. A project like this could actually perhaps even reinvigorate a dying community. A community where people are getting bored and everything is becoming mundane, a change like this just might be what it needs.

However, it would require people to want that change and actually take the first step.