[2018.01.30] Best Costume Contest 2018

Daria

ibqyv1W.png

Warriors of Arinar!

It's time for another contest for the best costume. Win 10 000 Miracle Coins and leave your mark in thousands-year-old history of our glorious lands!

It’s easy to take part in the contest:

1. Create a topic in this forum section. Its title should be a name of your costume.
  2. In the topic you should describe the costume: How does it look like? What material is used to make it? What elements does it consist of?
  3. And, the most important one: add the drawing. Create only one original costume that’s relevant to Warspear Online world.

Make a drawing:

• (!) IN PIXEL ART STYLE: the costume’s height should be 34-45 pixels (squares), width — no more than 24 pixels (squares); you may check the works from the previous year for inspiration;
  • in any format: use paper, copybook, Photoshop, Paint or whatever;
  • in any perspective: but it’s enough to make a front view.

It’s forbidden to:

• Make a full copy of existing superhero costumes, cinema and game heroes.
  • Change colors of costumes from Warspear Online. For example, paint White costume of Chosen green.
  • Use other’s and downloaded from the Internet artworks.

Meeting these rules helps you to become closer to the victory and motivates us to add the winning costume to the closest spring update!

We will evaluate each one for 3 criteria:

• Quality of costume and description
  • Possibility to add the costume to the game            
  • Originality

What are the prizes?

• 1st place: 10 000 Miracle Coins + adding the costume to the game and presenting it to the winner
  • 2nd place: 7 000 Miracle Coins
  • 3rd place: 5 000 Miracle Coins

Audience Choice Award: 3 500 Miracle Coins. There will also be encouraging prizes up to the decision of the jury.

When to take part in the contest and get prizes?

We are accepting artworks from January 30 till February 15, inclusive. From February 16 till February 21 you can vote for the best artwork on our Facebook page and based on your choice we will define the winner of Audience Choice Award. On February 22 we will announce the winners of the contest and give prizes!

Create the best costume, become rich and let all warriors in Arinar know and praise you!

:advise:P.S. Guys, please, note that pixel art style of your drawing is an essential requirement. There are plenty of mobile apps for pixel drawing (like Pixel Art Builder, for example), in which you can create a costume that will have a chance to win. All costumes drawn in free style will be disqualified.

Good luck!
AIGRIND

The feeling when you are nuub in using Art Programs but you want a Judge Magister suit in game... 

:cryingpumpkin::cryingdoge::sadowl::ping4:

2 hours ago, RenglalHmar said:

How and were to draw in pixel style? 

Using whatever material you'd like. As for "how", please, check the works from the previous year, the link is in the initial post. :advise:

11 minutes ago, Raezer said:

Is it again necessary for the costume to be spring themed? Last year you didn't say that but it was the case.

No, it is not.

And no, it wasn't.

24 minutes ago, Daria said:

Using whatever material you'd like. As for "how", please, check the works from the previous year, the link is in the initial post. :advise:

No, it is not.

And no, it wasn't.

Really? It was said that one of reasons for the winner was that it suited the event, which it did very nicely. Well then, thank you for the answer. :)

23 hours ago, Daria said:

Here's the model of a typical citizen from Arinar, if needed:

4oM6pGln9ac.jpg

Can u post a female model, cause im trying to work on a girl custome

On 30/01/2018 at 1:58 PM, Daria said:

Aqui é o modelo de um cidadão típico de Arinar, se necessário:

4oM6pGln9ac.jpg

administrator, please get me that doubt, the size of the costume must have a maximum of 45 pixels, including the head?

Or just the costume will tell?

2 minutes ago, lequeninno said:

administrator, please get me that doubt, the size of the costume must have a maximum of 45 pixels, including the head?

Or just the costume will tell?

The costume should suit this very model. You may just draw upon it.

1 hour ago, RenglalHmar said:

Can u post a female model, cause im trying to work on a girl custome

There are no differences between male and female models in the game. All distinctive features are added with the help of costumes (like additional curves in the chest area).

3 hours ago, Exodus said:

Should be need back view too or front only will be accepted? 

> in any perspective: but it’s enough to make a front view.

23 hours ago, Daria said:

All distinctive features are added with the help of costumes (like additional curves in the chest area).

i have never seen such careful description of boobs.

14 minutes ago, BennyBT said:

i have never seen such careful description of boobs.

Well, have to be careful these days. Being a famous global celebrity such as a Warspear admin, you never know who's gonna accuse you of harassment many years from now. :eating-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

11 hours ago, EMMAlock5 said:

Does the drawing have to be pixel art only?

Yes, since we have a pixel game.

9 hours ago, Luis Guilherme said:

Can I use the one from last year?

I'm afraid, you'll have to make a new costume for this contest.

On 30/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, Daria said:

Here's the model of a typical citizen from Arinar, if needed:

4oM6pGln9ac.jpg

What is the way to participate? Where do I have to send my design?

9 hours ago, Orbucti said:

What is the way to participate? Where do I have to send my design?

Create a Costume in Pixel Style and open a topic here: 

https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/forum/198-best-costume-contest-2018/

I invite you to read the rules, in order for your costume to respect all of the terms of the contest.

Good luck! :happydoge:

On 1/30/2018 at 10:56 PM, Daria said:

When to take part in the contest and get prizes?

We are accepting artworks from January 30 till February 15, inclusive. From February 16 till February 21 you can vote for the best artwork on our Facebook page and based on your choice we will define the winner of Audience Choice Award. On February 22 we will announce the winners of the contest and give prizes!

has the voting started yet?