Test Link For All aKa Equality

denchtings

So yeah.. brought this up a few times but i just get ignored. Can Eu get the link for the test when it happens?. We have to troll through the russian side like second rate citizens. But id really like an explanation why this is still going on. Especially since one of your mods got hacked because he had to use an untrusted link!?

I don't think they are doing it cause they rate us as "non-important players and thus not worthy to test the updates before the right time". They explained, once, that reports of bugs are way easier to read if written in Russian, since Devs and Gms are Russian and can easily communicate with their Russian players more than their International players (but that does not mean that they rate us the up written way^^) 

Happened also that Daria had shared several times the test server's link in the international section too, in one of our previous updates, and this is a nice step on for Devs and Gms, since they gave us all a possibility to help them with the development of the game.

I guess this time they had their reasons if they shared the Halloween and World Creation test server's link to the Russian section only, but I am pretty sure they did not do that for those reasons you wrote above, I fear. :suspiciousowl:

Let's just wait for the next updates, and see how it will go. 

Edited by Higgings

6 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

Maybe they think that russian find more and bigger bugs

Nah I don't think so. I am pretty sure it is a matter of communication; it is way more simple explaining bugs in your mother tongue than translating everything into another language, no matter how good you can be at it. We cannot blame devs for such decision, or at least, I would not. 

Edited by Higgings

There are plenty reasons for that:

1. Not all in-game information may and usually is translated to English by the time the test server is open. Thus, it may be confusing to English-speaking players.

2. Devs don't speak English that well, and they may have trouble with dealing with reports in English.

3. It's much easier for Russian-speaking devs to deal with Russian-speaking players, tell them to test some particular thing or gather a party to some dungeon.

4. If something goes wrong on the test server (and it usually does), I have less channels and only one language to inform players about test server stop, etc. It's crucial, since there is plenty of work at this time and I have to act fast.

5. The official servers separate Russian-speaking players and players who speak other languages, so a chat on each server is more or less in one language. On the test server when a chat is filled with Russian, English and other languages and it just turns into chaos, it's almost impossible for devs to track some essential info, because many players may send reports via world chat.

I won't be posting the link to the test server officially for the English-speaking community in the nearest future, at least, for the reasons I stated above.

As for this

58 minutes ago, denchtings said:

We have to troll through the russian side like second rate citizens.

Please, don't bring such nonsense to our forum. I wonder how many people are eager to find the reasons for some things in discrimination and completely ignore the obvious ones. :suspiciousowl: 

• Daria locked this topic
  • Higgings featured and unfeatured this topic