Physical Damage and magic

Olympian

Hello guys.I am not new but I am asking what are the difference's between physical damage and magic?What helps more in pvp?And what increases your attack more?

Hello there!

There is not such a high difference between Magic and Physical strenght, maybe one of the things to say is how do these statistics work for some classes, especially the hybrid ones (classes who use both Physical and Magical Strenght, such as Deathknight, Paladin, Charmer).

8 hours ago, Radgod said:

What helps more in pvp?

Generally, the Physical Strenght reaches a higher ammount than the Magic Strenght, same story for the Physical Defence and the Magic Defence. That makes the Damage dealt to characters quite balanced, but in PvP, there are a lot of Factors to consider.

And what increases your attack more?

I am not sure I have got this question properly; do you mean what kind of consumable items do increase your strenght? 

20 minutes ago, Higgings said:

I am not sure I have got this question properly; do you mean what kind of consumable items do increase your strenght? 

Propably he meant that which increases dmg more (i.e. getting 1 point of magic or 1 point of physical).

And to answer for him. It all depends on enemy's defence, most players have more physical def than magical def 

I am a paladin so its hard to decide.What would you recommend...use magic power,Physical damage or a little of both.

Edited by Radgod
Dont want it according to my comment down below.

36 minutes ago, Radgod said:

I am a paladin so its hard to decide.What would you recommend...use magic power,Physical damage or a little of both.

@Gladiator

This tough guy is op when it comes to palas!  He can for sure be more accurate than me with this :youre_the_man1:

at low lvl u should definitely go for physical, but try to use spear or mace with magic dmg as secondary stat, and magic dmg accessories in order to get a decent heal. If u want to stay at low lvl physical accessories are better but expensive.

Whatever the lvl u want to play at, always use a weap with both stats and accessories with magic/physical dmg, it's more usefull than accessories with only dodge/accuracy/hp or whatever but without magic/physical dmg stat.

Unless u are lvl 28 avoid 1h magic mace, or just if u need a cheap weap to lvl up, that u won't amp. It's only useful if u have full magic expert skills and want to use shield while keeping good heal and decent aoe dmg. But 95% of the time i would personnaly prefer physical mace, with magic enchant if i need more heal and aoe dmg.

~lvl 18-24 u can use full physical or mixed built. magic dmg becomes more useful as u get more expert skills.

On my lvl 20 pala I personnaly use a physical dmg mace, with magic enchant and magic accessories. I have 3/4 illu (450+ dmg) and 1/4 call(~300dmg) with 5/5 heal(~550). And still i have ~370 physical dmg (+8 craft mace). I don't have guild buff. I really like this build. With shield and this heal i can tank very well, and have very decent AoE dmg as well as dpm.

lvl 28 i strongly recommend mixed built or full magic built. most of ur expert skills use magic dmg, and as u lvl up dpm loses its strengh: the skills helped by cd account for most of the dmg.

Full physical dmg built is still used by some, easpecially pvp palas, bcs it gives good single-target dmg using banner+purifying+dpm of mace+shield bash.

And last info: Gladiator will answer all this better than me i guess ;)

5 minutes ago, Radgod said:

If you have full magic set what wepon is better to use?

I guess a 2h Mace with magic damage as first statistic or even a Spear like technopolis dungeon one can be perfect for such build. 

Can you explain what all the 2h or 1h wepons [...] are?

the "h", when you see a player talking about 1h or 2h weapons, means litterally "handed", therefore, it means "one-handed weapon" (maces, axes, swords, daggers), or " two-handed weapons" (Great Swords, Hammers, Poleaxes, Spears, Bows, Crossbows, Staves). However, you will see the espression "2h" generally when someone talks about 2h Swords, 2h Axes and 2h Maces; you'll hardly see someone saying "2h staff" or "2h spear" etc..

Main advantage for 1h weapons is their speed, definitly faster than their bigger cousins 2h weapons, but less strong than these last mentioned ones. The 2h weapons, instead, are meant for characters who like to hit hard their opponent, sacrificing the speed for the strenght.  

Can you explain what [...] AoE damage are?

AoE means litterally "Area of Effect". It is related to every spell/skill which targets more than 1 player at once. Since you have a Paladin, we can consider "Fetters of Justice" skill an AoE disabling skill, or "Harad's Call" as a AoE Damage and Stunning skill, and so on. These are just few examples of such kind of Spells, but I hope I have been clear! 

4 hours ago, Radgod said:

What is better for arena?2h wepons or 1h wepons with a shield?

And what 2h wepon does the most damage?

Generally, 1h weapons and a shield, but when it comes to hybrid classes, all depends on your build.

3 hours ago, Radgod said:

What if I have a magic skill build what should I use?1h wepon with a shield or 2h wepons?

Either mace+shield or spear

3 hours ago, Radgod said:

Ok thanks

I will have some other questions on here soon again.

We'll be waiting :)

6 hours ago, Radgod said:

What if I have a magic skill build what should I use?1h wepon with a shield or 2h wepons?

If you have a full magic build, get a 2h mace with Magic Damage as first statistic. Should be the best choice for palas who like Magic Damage.

Edited by Higgings

2 hours ago, Higgings said:

We'll be waiting :)

If you have a full magic build, get a 2h mace with Magic Damage as first statistic. Should be the best choice for palas who like Magic Damage.

Thanks so much for the answer...now explain why the 2h mace not a spear or a 2h axes.

1 minute ago, Radgod said:

Thanks so much for the answer...now explain why the 2h mace not a spear or a 2h axes.

•2h axe is meant for chars using full Damage sacrificing the speed

•The Arena Spear has got physical damage as first statistic, and if you have got a magic dmg build, it is definilty not the weapon you should choose, imo

•2h arena mace has got Magic damage as first statistic AND ferocity. Would suit a paladin perfectly if it bases his play-style on magic damage entirely.

5 minutes ago, Radgod said:

I am just wondering if you get to level 28 how much skill points you have total?Is there 28?

2=1

4=2

6=3

8=4

10=6

12=7

14=8

16=9

18=10

20=12

22=13

24=14

26=15

28=16

Total of 16 skillpoints and when level 30 comes its 18

6 minutes ago, Radgod said:

I am just wondering if you get to level 28 how much skill points you have total?Is there 28?

16 skill points at level 28. You get one point every other lvl( at lvl 2, 4, 6...) and 2 points at lvl10 and 20.

8 minutes ago, Radgod said:

16 skill points available. 

EDIT: 152425 players replied before me (._.)/ 

Edited by Higgings

haha thanks guys

So you mean that 2h maces have magic power as the main stat there and it has speed boost of hitting faster.

In the shop there is a 2h mace with 175 magic power and a spear with 175 mp.But the only main difference was that the spear had 400 physical damage and the 2h mace had 380.

8 minutes ago, Radgod said:

So you mean that 2h maces have magic power as the main stat there and it has speed boost of hitting faster.

Unfortunately, in speed matters, it is as slow as any 2h weapon (but a little faster than a spear)

yes because I looked at spear of suffocation and the 2h mace of suffocation and the speed legit has a difference of 1 second :O that's alot.

:surprisedowl:

Edited by Radgod

On 21/01/2018 at 12:37 PM, Radgod said:

yes because I looked at spear of suffocation and the 2h mace of suffocation and the speed legit has a difference of 1 second :O that's alot.

:surprisedowl:

Sounds way too much. usually it's more like 1 hit every 3s for 2h weaps, including 2h mace, and 1 hit every 3.3s for spear. are us sure it isn't 0.1s?

Anyway if u have to choose between spear/2h mace of suffocating fear and use magic setups take mace since spear got physical dmg as a first stat...

1 hour ago, Pecleb said:

Sounds way too much. usually it's more like 1 hit every 3s for 2h weaps, including 2h mace, and 1 hit every 3.3s for spear. are us sure it isn't 0.1s?

Anyway if u have to choose between spear/2h mace of suffocating fear and use magic setups take mace since spear got physical dmg as a first stat...

lol I know that.Thanks for the reply though.

What is the best 2h mace there is?That has the most physical and magical damage?

3 minutes ago, Radgod said:

lol I know that.Thanks for the reply though.

What is the best 2h mace there is?That has the most physical and magical damage?

Lv25 arena, if PvP 

Lv26 hammer of Suffocating Fear*, if PvE

*In my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Lv25 arena, if PvP 

Lv26 hammer of Suffocating Fear*, if PvE

*In my opinion.

level 25 if pvp?I don't get what your saying there xD.

35 minutes ago, Radgod said:

level 25 if pvp?I don't get what your saying there xD.

Lv25 2h Arena Hammer, with magic damage, crit, physical damage, ferocity

19 minutes ago, Radgod said:

oh I was just confused that I never heard of that kind of hammer before.Where do you find it?Do you buy it from arena supplier?

Correct. 

Is the suffocating fear 2h mace good for pvp too?What is the main difference between them two?

Actually send me thier stats and thier first stats so I can decide which one I can buy in the future.I am asking you because No one is selling it xD

25 minutes ago, Radgod said:

Is the suffocating fear 2h mace good for pvp too?What is the main difference between them two?

Actually send me thier stats and thier first stats so I can decide which one I can buy in the future.I am asking you because No one is selling it xD

Main difference between them both is one being better in PvP than the other, due to the ferocity bonus, of course.

I am not sure about their precise statistics, but the arena one differs from the Halloween one by the Ferocity Statistic, which replaces the Life Steal statistic of the Halloween One. I am not aware, atm, of the precise % number of Ferocity or Life Steal, unfortunately.

great ironclad's maul: 167 mdmg, 367pdmg, 19.3% fero, 6.9% crit.

Hammer of suffocating fear: 175mdmg, 384 pdmg, 7.1% crit, 4.8% ls

main difference between both: 19.3% ferocity=u deal 19.3% more dmg to players and 19.3% less to monsters

and u can't buy arena maul from other ppl u can only buy it with the arena points u earned, so ofc nobody is selling it

Edited by Pecleb