Drop Rate

Cocaina

Hello! I saw this at a warden's discussion: "While it sounds good to solo bosses, it's not useful anymore since the drop rate is now the same for a full party too; that's what I heard at least." 

That's right? I didn't see anything about that on lastest changelogs.

Greetings. 

1 minute ago, Cocaina said:

Hello! I saw this at a warden's discussion: "While it sounds good to solo bosses, it's not useful anymore since the drop rate is now the same for a full party too; that's what I heard at least." 

That's right? I didn't see anything about that on lastest changelogs.

Greetings. 

As far as ik, it is not like this. Perhaps, it was just an unlucky warden to speak :pin7:

12 hours ago, Cocaina said:

While it sounds good to solo bosses, it's not useful anymore since the drop rate is now the same for a full party too

It is true, I confirm.

18 hours ago, Cocaina said:

well... devs should tell people important game changes like this (or that's i think)

It was said several updates ago, if I'm not mistaken.

23 hours ago, Daria said:

It is true, I confirm.

Does the drop rate for an individual joining a party decreases or does it remain same irrespective of the number of members in the party?

Edited by Bladesharp

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2017 at 7:57 AM, Urscrewed said:

Wait what seriously, so i shouldnt be solo farming bosses anymore?

Less farmers in Pelion and 85k than before finally  :happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Edited by Liidert

On 14/12/2017 at 7:57 AM, Urscrewed said:

Wait what seriously, so i shouldnt be solo farming bosses anymore?

Correct. 

On 13.12.2017 at 10:59 AM, Daria said:

It is true, I confirm.

So let's say a costume drop rate for solo person is 1%.

Does that mean that for a party of 5 people would be 1% for each person still? So totally it would be 5% to get a costume drop in party, but each player has 1%?

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

Does that mean that for a party of 5 people would be 1% for each person still? So totally it would be 5% to get a costume drop in party, but each player has 1%?

seems so yes, same chance no matter the nb of ppl in pt

but it looks like it is now 1% where solo ppl had 5%. few ppl farming map 1 already. I gave up myself, i only do dgs now cuz it's not worth now i got 1 lvl 9 glove in like 30 kills, nothing else

Craft stuff prices are going to rise so badly... and the fact few ppl go event dg isn't going to help :/

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

I think the drop chance is calculated on the kill and not the player. So , if a solo person 's chance to drop a costume after killing a boss is 1%. Then , the irrespective of number of people in party , it is same 1% for the kill. It is just that the drops are  distributed among the party members. 

Conclusion : The drops of  solo person killing boss or collective drops of all players in pt killing  the boss are same . Just think , have you ever seen 2 players in party get same drop ?

Correct me If I am wrong.

Edited by Sai Chandra

30 minutes ago, Sai Chandra said:

I think the drop chance is calculated on the kill and not the player. So , if a solo person 's chance to drop a costume after killing a boss is 1%. Then , the irrespective of number of people in party , it is same 1% for the kill. It is just that the drops are  distributed among the party members. 

Conclusion : The drops of  solo person killing boss or collective drops of all players in pt killing  the boss are same . Just think , have you ever seen 2 players in party get same drop ?

By that logic that 1% will be 0.2% per character in the party, resulting in a better value in solo, which doesn't make sense to me because that would favor soloing rather than playing in group, which is against the logic of the game since some classes aren't made to solo.

Anyway, need devs to confirm that, because it is still unclear whether it is meant that the party gets the same chance as a single character means that the chance divide through players (and totally it is like the solo chance) or not, can't hypothesize and make superstitions in luck issues.

And to your question at the end. Yes, I've seen many people getting same drops in the same party, for example Def spheres? Those are also drops but with different rarity so we can consider that as a drop. 

Edited by Gladiator