shaman handbook pt2

Bloodylipa

Again I had to split my thread into two, cause im exceeding maximum word count for a post, but I hope its worth the efforts and that the readers are happy :)

Shaman - Battle strategy

I) Know your enemy - Very basic but very true. First get a good understanding for all classes skills and pros and cons. This will improve you as a skilled arena partner. With time youll learn the basic game play of most classes and foresee many of their moves.

(+) Cant wait for v3.0 with 6 (really strong) new classes you will haft to get use to alot of new pvp team combinations and induvidual skills. It will make things so much more intresting :)

(+) Heres a summary of all classes and their skills/spells. So you can get a good understanding for each class.

CHOOSEN FACTION:

Spirituality (choosen faction skill) - The balance of mind and body allowed the choosen to increase the maximum amount of energy and protection against attacks based on the strength of the moon.

MAGE

Fireball - Throws a small ball of fire at the target. Deals damage to one enemy with magic.

Time warp - Move to a specified point in one location. Deals the magic damage to all the enemies in a small radius.

Solar Armor - Creates a barrier around his body, which helps to better defend against magic attacks.

Rock pieces - Uprooting of stone fragments and causes of damage to all enemies around him in a small radius.

Illusory chains - Repels all enemies around him in a small radius. Thrown opponent is bound with illusory chains and cant move for some time.

PRIEST

Power ward - Puts a curse to a enemy. If the aim applies the skill which uses energy, he lose a certain precentage of its maximum power in addition.

Sacred Shield - Surrounds himself or an ally a powerful barrier that absorbs any damage. The shield decreases when the barrier is broken, or when its time of action ends.

Truce - The target of the skill cannot attack a priest, a priest cannot attack the target. However, other enemies who attack the marked target will apply higher damage.

Tears of harad - On the selected enemy falls tears of harad and deals magic damage. If a priest or his allies in a group attacked by other enemies, then they will have a chance to recieve additional damage from tears.

Healing touch - Instantly restores a certain amount of health for yourself or an ally.

PALADIN

Persuasion - with hes innate magical abilities. Paladin focuses a target on himself, causing it to attack the paladin for some time.

Shackles of justice - revited to the ground all enemies standing close to the paladin. Isnt allowed to move or use skills.

Purification - causes increased physical melee damage to one enemey. If the target was under the influese of 'shackles of justice' the effect of purification is charged and the target will also receive magic damage over time.

Heavenly light - paladin instantly restores a small amount of health to himself or an ally.

The aura of light - paladin gives grace to all allies in the party and increase all effects of healing.

FORSAKEN FACTION:

Devotion (forsaken faction skill) - a strong attachment to a single entity - creator Garaanu to regenerat energy and makes it easier to defend against attacks based on the power of dark and moon magic.

NECROMANCER

Deadly scare - lowers targets maximum health by a small procentage. The effect can be stacked sevral times.

Poisonous spit - striking poisonous substance amd causing damage with the power of dark magic. If the target already is subjected to the maximum 'stacks' of 'deadly scare'. Target will get additional dark magic damage over time.

Bone Shield - surrounds himself or an ally of a powerful barrier that absorbs fixed amount of damage. Necromancer consumes a small percentage of their maximum health for each application of this skill

Ancient Seal - instantly restores a certain amount of health for yourself or an ally by astral magic. Necromancer consumes a small percentage of their maximum health for each application of this skill.

Nightmares - lulls the target for awhile. Target cannot regenerate health or energy during this time. If target gets hit it wakes up.

WARLOCK

Dark arrow - creates a sharp arrow from a clot of darkness and deals damage to one target.

Fear - leads fear into one enemy. Frightened targets start rushing randomly on the location.

Dark circle - creates a barrier in a area for some time. If the enemy crosses the boarder of the barrier, he loses consciousness and he will remian there until the barrier dissapears.

A puddle of darkness - defiles an area of the land with dark magic. If a enemy enters the area it will receive damage over time.

DEATHKNIGHT

Exhalation of darkness - gives the darkness of their weapon. The next attack will cause damage with magic and stun the target.

Spike of death - accumulating all his hate, the deathknight draws a sharp melee attack. Dealing increased physical damage.

Threads of darkness - the deathknight calls forth the threads of darkness to bind the enemy and move him to the location of the deathknight.

Taunt - provokes target to attack the deathknight for some time.

Dark shield - closes up with a dark shield, which gives the chance to get less damage depending on the value of protection of the deathknight.

II) Bloodthirsty!? - Stay relaxed playing shaman, the minute you underestimate your opponent or charge into something without thinking its going to cost you, usually you pay with your life. Dont go blind focusing on your offensive spells, remember to cycle heal at all times and earth protection if you can (consumes alot of mp).

III) Multi-task - A good shaman needs quick fingers and you need to frequently switch between targets to use your skills most effective.

IV) Act fast! - Shamans quake spell is a extremly useful spell. Shamans and rangers are the 2 only classes who can stop rouges before they stun you or your partner (Barbs can but highly unlikely). Keep an eye on the arena if you see a single MC-character advancing on you, is he really alone? Throw out a quick quake, if your lucky you'll get that rouge and really hurt his chances of being useful.

(+) Never use earthquake as a first choice stunner unless you suspect rouges. The cast time of earthquake will most likely get you stunned before your spell is complete.

V) Divide and conquer - This is the shamans expertice and they can be damn good at it if you got alittle luck and some quick fingers.

(+) Earthquake is not only for melee classes - Earthquake is so much more then a 'stun' for melee classes. Earthquake is a perfect skill to keep druids, shamans and rangers out battle or to limit them. To kill the top amped rangers you need to limit their damage and earthquake is the way.

(+) Blind him and it will blind you - Unless its a 1vs1 fight I advice people not to focus their damage on blind targets. Blind targets get to much dodge to make it effective.

VI) Practice makes perfect - For the best chances at arena nothing is better then having a stable partner. Sharing strategies and tactics together, depending and knowing how your partner will act. That trust is priceless.

VII) Warfare on the map - Currently theirs 3 diffrent arena maps and the best thing is to let the map make as much of your work as you can make it.

Not all classes are vurnable to this, but making unexpected changes in your movement and game play can throw off partners and if your lucky split them up and give you a opportunity to strike. Personally I love the maze map, its a map that can be used in a very effective way if you have a partner that understands the plan.

Using the map to your advantage is most important when youre fighting rangers and rouges.

(+) When you fight rangers you need to suprise them. Take a unexpected route, do something diffrent, ambush them from direction not flooded with traps.

(+) Delayed encounter, thats what I haft to say about facing rouges. Dont face them were they want to meet you. Make sure that you meet later somewhere else on the map so they already wasted their stealth before you meet.

VIII) Kill or be killed - Here im going to give some tips for you facing all the classes in excistence for right now. Things that can help you turn a battle around if the window of opportunity opens.

(+) Barbs - Barbs are the worst class for shaman according to me. They can deal massive damage early in battle and you will never get them before youre charged. BUT if you play with a barb or rouge and they stun the enemy barb before he gets you. You can either blind him when hes about to come back or hold his hand. Yes I said hold his hand. Truth is dont you rather have a barb bashing your skull in while you can still move, attack and use skills? Holding your distance will only result in you getting charged and then bashed. This tactic can also be used in late pvp fights if you know the barbs charge is getting ready again. I even prefer to quake barbs next to me preventing them from backing up for a charge.

Of course this tactic can only be done for a short time to buy you some extra time, but can be so crucial.

(+) Ranger - Rangers are hard and known for their crazy damage and you need to stop that damage or you will lose. Most important is that you blind the ranger AFTER he/she casts blessing. By the time blind wears off so does blessing and you just avoided alot of damage.

Another way to limit ranger damage is to block them of with earthquake when they are coming back from a blind run. Rangers have good range but this can be succesfully done with alittle luck and technique.

Last one, avoid traps! If your partner makes it through follow in his foot steps. Or if your partner is a barb, let him go first, if he gets caught he will break it with charge and hopefully the path is now open for you.

(+) Shamans - Shamans can become very limb if you play things right. Use quake to lock down your target so when he blinds you, if your lucky you will run away and he cant follow. Giving you free heal time and he loses free hits.

Just like on rangers if the chance is given quake can be used to block of a shaman from battle.

(+) Druid - The number one thing I like to do in a arena battle with druids is to assisst my partner (rouge or barb). Since roots holds you to your location, but still allows basic attack. I like to quake the druid down so if the druid roots my barb or rouge partner he cant run. And my partner still gets free basic attacks since roots doesnt disable them.

Quake can also be used to hold down druids so they cant run and heal. If you quake them just before they root you both are locked and both get basic attacks in (though druid can still use spells too)

Also quake can be used to block of druids just like I do to rangers and shamans if the chance is given.

(+) Rouge - If let to do their own thing rouge is a extremly good arena partner that can stun your partner and pop up infront of ripping you up really fast. Theirs two things you can do to cripple rouges, see once their stealth is gone they are easy targets.

The first hand choice is to act fast and throw out a quake (at random if you dont have any indications). Best is if you can get them before they get to stun anyone but getting them after is still ok but you cant miss if they stunned your partner. Then youre in serious trouble.

Another way to cripple rouges that any class can do is to play mindtricks on them. Use the arena map to your advantage, take a unexpected route, walk around the most common area. By the time you meet them their stealth has worn off and even if they can stealth again its not hard to quake them now.

And remember, rouges can be a faster kill then shamans in arena. BUT it depends on their dodge, your accuracy and luck in the end.

(+) Blade dancer - Theres two things to remember fighting blade dancers. First DONT underestimate them! They are not as weak as people make them sound on the forum. They are easy to stun, but if they 'hamstring' you, your in for alot of pain.

Second remember that 'hamstring' has a 2yd radius. If you hesitate that one extra second theyll stun you from semi-range distance.

Updated - VIII) Kill or be killed - bd and rouge

- VII) warfare on the map - NEW

-I) know your enemy - faction info

Full skill/spell list for choosen/forsaken

Well ive played shaman for a very long time and its what I know. I started my spellbook thread for myself and other shamans. Cause back then nobody really knew more specificly what spells did  and with help from fellow shamans I feel like my spellbook is quite complete and so I started writing a simple guide thats kept growing with requests :)

With v3 I think ill make a strict pve priest. Cause well who can spend mcoins on more then one char? Im not, pve priest will be a fun char that doesnt require mcoins. As before my shaman will always be my main and I cant wait for v3 so shaman again can be an underplayed class and the ppl playing shaman cause its OP starts one of the new mega classes.

Nope, though my first char was a bd. Played to lv14 before I realized sapphire server was for US. So when I realized that I wanted to emerald (im swedish) and I had my eyes on shaman. And no bugs on mc faction was going to keep me away (again back then mc faction had alot quest bugs and disadvantages). Love shaman, unfortunate its overplayed now though. Seems like when update finally came with barbs charge and rouges stealth. Everyone made rouges and barbs. Then touge lost infinite stealth cause of nerf and everyone started leaving rouge again and ppl realized shaman was stronger then ever. Barb stayed popular for obvious reasons.

and bd is not a class I could play free, even a pve bd needs good amped armor for boss tanking.

Well ive played shaman for a very long time and its what I know. I started my spellbook thread for myself and other shamans. Cause back then nobody really knew more specificly what spells did  and with help from fellow shamans I feel like my spellbook is quite complete and so I started writing a simple guide thats kept growing with requests :)

With v3 I think ill make a strict pve priest. Cause well who can spend mcoins on more then one char? Im not, pve priest will be a fun char that doesnt require mcoins. As before my shaman will always be my main and I cant wait for v3 so shaman again can be an underplayed class and the ppl playing shaman cause its OP starts one of the new mega classes.

Gonna try one with Paladin and warlock if I can.

• 2 months later...

+1 karma ;) this is how things used to be when there wasnt any amps and we used to kill people with real skills...awesome job bro!  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :drinks: