Deathly eyes, Nightmare

Huflit

It seems that Deathly eyes wont deal X% health as damage if the target already lost that X% health. For example, lvl5 Deathly eyes skill reduces up to 14% health, but the target only have 80% HP, so keep spamming this skill is just to reduce Magic defence n take advantage of Poison spittle.

Is that true?

Why should i upgrade Nightmare to high lvl? I dont like Arena or Hunting people, so should i ignore it? I dont Think it is good except making one of the monsters sleep in high lvl dgs.

13 hours ago, Huflit said:

It seems that Deathly eyes wont deal X% health as damage if the target already lost that X% health. For example, lvl5 Deathly eyes skill reduces up to 14% health, but the target only have 80% HP, so keep spamming this skill is just to reduce Magic defence n take advantage of Poison spittle.

Is that true?

Correct. Deadly Eye decreases the magic def of the target and reduces the MAX ammount of the its hps to a certain Percentage: that means that the skill does not really deal damage.

13 hours ago, Huflit said:

Why should i upgrade Nightmare to high lvl? I dont like Arena or Hunting people, so should i ignore it? I dont Think it is good except making one of the monsters sleep in high lvl dgs.

You're right here. As a necro, the first thing you should level up is "Ancient Seal". Nightmare, as you correctly said, can be very op when it comes to cool an enemy down by sleeping him. But in PvE, skills like "Bone Shield" or why not, "Deadly Eye" can be even useful against Bosses. Take in consideration to use and level up these skills. 

Hope I have been useful! 

Have a nice day! :bye:

Edited by Higgings

My necro setup is 5heal 5shield 3nightmares

I think there's no need to make nightmares 5/5 if u just want to focus on pve. 3/5 is long already, and in dg ur pt mates can cancel it by dealing dmg, so i think 5/5 isn't needed.

I made shield 5/5 to help me quest, but im gonna make it 3/5 now, and put points in deathly eye, cuz i want to focus on farm and dgs, and it's cool to reduce bosse's hp at the beginning. Moreover i hate to have to spam it to get poison bonus when it's 1/5 only

And yes ofc 5/5 heal, and for eye's mechanisms higgings answered

On 2017/12/3 at 5:49 AM, Pecleb said:

My necro setup is 5heal 5shield 3nightmares

I think there's no need to make nightmares 5/5 if u just want to focus on pve. 3/5 is long already, and in dg ur pt mates can cancel it by dealing dmg, so i think 5/5 isn't needed.

I made shield 5/5 to help me quest, but im gonna make it 3/5 now, and put points in deathly eye, cuz i want to focus on farm and dgs, and it's cool to reduce bosse's hp at the beginning. Moreover i hate to have to spam it to get poison bonus when it's 1/5 only

And yes ofc 5/5 heal, and for eye's mechanisms higgings answered

does it no need spam death eye for poison when it 3/5?

1 hour ago, f4348357 said:

does it no need spam death eye for poison when it 3/5?

well it last longer, so maybe on bosses who resist it a lot u need to spam it, but the duration increase is a real advantage bcs at 1/5 it's so short u need to use the skill all the time and on bosses it often fails too much, thus u can't benefit from poison.

10 hours ago, Pecleb said:

well it last longer, so maybe on bosses who resist it a lot u need to spam it, but the duration increase is a real advantage bcs at 1/5 it's so short u need to use the skill all the time and on bosses it often fails too much, thus u can't benefit from poison.

tx i see.

can u tell me how much magical def death eye decrease in different lvl?

lvl1: 2% def reduction, 3% hp reduction, 10s duration >> with 2 stacks 4%/6%

lvl2: 3%/4%/12s >> 6%/8%

lvl3: 4%/5%/14s >> 8%/10%

lvl4: 5%/6%/16s >> 10%/12%

lvl5: 6%/7%/18s >> 12%/14%

The mdef reduction is low, the biggest bonus is hp reduction and the duration increase that helps for poison.

(U might say that from 10 to 14 sec there isn't much difference but from my experience i fail from short to get two stacks on poison with 1/5, so 4s more should be enough)

credits go to this topic: https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/topic/54907-warspear-61-necromancer-deathly-eye/

and this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy5azLYpqTo

the necro in the vid suggests 5/5 deathly eye, but u will have to sacrifice nightmares (big loss if u care even only a bit about pvp) or shield (i think it's a bad idea to make it 1/5 if u care about pve, it's gonna be very week). That's why i personnaly prefer to go for a mixed built 3/5 shield 3/5 eye 3/5 nightmare. Find the build that suits you!

• 1 month later...

5/5 deadly eye works for bigger boss, like faceless , spawn , kronus , mortis. Just let the necro spawn deadly eye in first 10-15 sec. I remember in the old times this skill can stack up to 3 but you can not see the symbol for that. I mean it seems like 2 stack , however hp went down 3x of the skill effect. It was a mith or I remember wrong ?:staringpumpkin:

• 2 years later...
On 8/6/2020 at 11:57 PM, Cedrak said:

The higher level of Deathly Eye, the higher chance to cast on a boss?

I care more about PvE, my Nightmare is 3/5 only to take out some other mob from the fight or when an elf is running after me, but if the chance to cast increases with the level I'd use an Oblivion Book to rebuild, since it's 1/5 now, the poison debuff really helps me in farm.

I have Deathly Eye 5/5. The chance doesn't increase and that's what sucks the most about this skill. Sometimes I can't even stack 2 on a boss and I really try, I mean, I stand there using it every time it comes off cd - every 1.4 sec for me - and It just won't stack 2, so I lose the 15% max hp reduction. I think Nightmare 3/5 or more for the win, with this build - 5/5 heal 3/5 shield 5/5 Deathly eye - Your pvp potential just goes downhill. But there are people who dont care about pvp, so...

Edited by Baphometh
orthography

37 minutes ago, Cedrak said:

Well that's really sad, since I care more about PvE. Thanks for the info, I'd rather use this skill for bosses than players, so now I know it doesn't care. I also use it as much as I can to cast twice, for most of the time is doesn't work.

deathly eye is only worth it when fighting bosses that have hundreds of thousands or millions of hp because then 7% hp reduction is more than the damage that can be dealt in the time it takes to make it proc. like boss that has 100k hp loses 7k for one deathly eye but with good party that 7k can easily be dealt when boss resist skill

2 hours ago, Cedrak said:

I see, but please explain me something: in this case, a boss has 100k hp and loses 7k. Let's put the situation:

What if my pt deal 10k damage, it will have 90k hp now, casting Deathly Eye would it be 7% under 100k or 90k hp?

It's 7% of max so if boss had 90k currently deathly eye doesn't reduce it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 2:21 PM, Jcbreff said:

It's 7% of max so if boss had 90k currently deathly eye doesn't reduce it 

So, deathly eye can reduce health of bos when bos have max hp?

27 minutes ago, Nakahy said:

So, deathly eye can reduce health of bos when bos have max hp?

Yes, by reducing the Max Hps. It does not deal damage of any kind. 

33 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Yes, by reducing the Max Hps. It does not deal damage of any kind. 

does that "damage" count for that (allegedly) 10% of max hp as damage to secure that boss kill counts for you and your party though

Just now, Jcbreff said:

does that "damage" count for that (allegedly) 10% of max hp as damage to secure that boss kill counts for you and your party though

That rule doesn't exist anymore. And tbh, It's something I always wondered. xd

3 minutes ago, Higgings said:

That rule doesn't exist anymore. And tbh, It's something I always wondered. xd

wait really, can i steal bosses anymore

i believe it used to work or then my party happened to deal damage faster anyway and we got the kill when that rule did apply

8 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

wait really, can i steal bosses anymore

i believe it used to work or then my party happened to deal damage faster anyway and we got the kill when that rule did apply

Now the highest damage dealt (the one/s who deal more damage) gets eventually a drop. 

15 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

It never worked that way, i tested multiple times

Kinda sad but understandable

30 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Now the highest damage dealt (the one/s who deal more damage) gets eventually a drop. 

so i just need to get 7 other people to hit some boss and then using deathly eye deal 14% of max hp and then 6 others will deal 13% and last one will deal 8% and then see if it counted as a kill for me

32 minutes ago, rafa9876 said:

It never worked that way,

that is exactly why i said "allegedly" because i thought that it was just an urban legend

6 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

so i just need to get 7 other people to hit some boss and then using deathly eye deal 14% of max hp and then 6 others will deal 13% and last one will deal 8% and then see if it counted as a kill for me

that is exactly why i said "allegedly" because i thought that it was just an urban legend

So, deathly eye can reduce hp boss once? Only when hp bos max?

1 hour ago, Cedrak said:

And also decrease magic defense, if you get a relic that also decrease magic defense it can be good, you can deal dmg on your own.

one of those relics reduces magic defense by 5% and skill itself reduces it by only few % so it can be used but shouldn't be used just to lower enemy's defense

3 hours ago, Nakahy said:

So, deathly eye can reduce hp boss once? Only when hp bos max?

deathly eye can reduce boss max hp by 7% twice. but since it reduces max hp and doesn't deal direct damage it's not worth it if boss has lost more than 14% of its hp because then only upside is that magical defense reduction but it is by small amount

5 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

deathly eye can reduce boss max hp by 7% twice. but since it reduces max hp and doesn't deal direct damage it's not worth it if boss has lost more than 14% of its hp because then only upside is that magical defense reduction but it is by small amount

Yeah, after reduce 14% hp bos, u cant get reduce hp bos yeah? This skill only useful, when bos have 100% hp yeah? If not 100%, u dont get reduce hp bos from skill deathly eye?

15 minutes ago, Nakahy said:

Yeah, after reduce 14% hp bos, u cant get reduce hp bos yeah?

This skill only useful, when bos have 100% hp yeah? If not 100%, u dont get reduce hp bos from skill deathly eye?

correct

technically it useful for as long as boss has 87-100% of max hp because max hp can always be reduced to 86% from the original so for as long as boss has more than that remaining it has some use