Phishing sites!

benjaminbt

9 minutes ago, Daria said:

I'd prefer not to specify how exactly the filter works, so that it wouldn't be easy for scammers to bypass it, at least, too fast, in case they are watching us right now :suspicious1:

Definitly understandable. Should have thought about that myself. My bad ^^ :blush:

25 minutes ago, Higgings said:

The fact that they write a sort of Numbers after their post will influence somehow the work of this new feature? 

Of course it does, unfortunately. Or at least I guess it does. Message filters work based on a pre-written scheme, filtering unwanted messages only work if the message has an exact match with the filter parameters. Generating a random number is a smart idea (if we can name something smart that intends to harm people), because there is never an exact match.

Except if the scheme is something like this: Remove all commas and invisible characters from the message and then try finding the unwanted text (in this case the website). if there is a match, the numbers and other text don't have to be taken into consideration. And if anyone gets locked out unintentionally (for example bad filtering or they mentioned the website like "*website* is fake!"), support can review the case and re-enable the account. Also, this method cannot be bypassed, not even with randomly generated numbers or separated text. Drawback: every website to be filtered has to be added to the system manually.

But I still think a world chat limit raise would be the total winner.

Edited by BennyBT

1 hour ago, Daria said:

Hey! We made an automatic banning of accounts scamming in the world chat. Please, write here, if you see someone spamming again in the chat for some time.

Awesome, so annoying to see those low lvls spamming on world chat

9 minutes ago, BennyBT said:

But I still think a world chat limit raise would be the total winner.

I agree with this, however, I wanna give a chance to this new feature as well. I feel optimistic :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Daria said:

Okay, it should be cleaner in the world chat now, at least, a bit.

Noticed that, world chat seems to be more silent finally. Good job!

2 minutes ago, Waheed said:

Rip spammers :fuck_that:

I bet spammers can easily wait little bit over 4 years to spam again

Edited by Jcbreff

These bots seem familiar. Years ago, it was the old forum, there was a Russian (An old player who got banned) who is always spamming bots in the forum, replying to every thread. (I forgot what thing he was always posting but it was spam) I guess he may be the same person doing all of this or maybe some people who got the idea from him, and that's why the bot spamming started in server world chats. Pretty clever I think, to annoy people so much.

50 minutes ago, Daria said:

Oh, by the way, please, try not to repeat the names of these sites in the chat, otherwise you may be banned.

This is the reason of why many players got banned/muted recently. Please, pay attention to these words carefully. 

2 hours ago, Waheed said:

@Daria maybe add in game info of this New system because not everyone is following forum :cereal_man:

We improved the system a bit, so innocent players should not get banned now.

On 3/25/2012 at 5:26 PM, Quote said:

He was playing on the RU-Amber server until version 0.7.3, and was banned because of multiboxing (he had lots of characters like Zeddtemp, Zeddtempp, Zedttemp, and similar) and for numerous violations in the gameplay. I think, he is just mentally ill man, because after he got a permanent ban on all accounts, he openly declared "war" with developers, which is lay in everyday registration of new accounts like Zd_tttt_eeeeee_m.pppp0659 and spamming everywhere on the forum with anime video. Also, he once unsuccessfully tried to make a DDoS attack on this forum.

It's very weird that mentally ill people attack warspear-online. A simple game but sometimes, people get crazy :crazy::happy_yes1:

Those smileys at the end of the messages are absolutely convincing. Run, get your coins, sure it is not a scam, look, there is THE smiley!

6 minutes ago, BennyBT said:

Those smileys at the end of the messages are absolutely convincing. Run, get your coins, sure it is not a scam, look, there is THE smiley!

skarsgard-pennywise-smile.jpg?fit=909,59

17 minutes ago, GalaxyRekt said:

There is even a 5.3k subs guy on youtube sharing this website (https://www.youtube.com/user/rafaeljd91)

Not very clever of him, obviously...

Thanks a lot for the report!

14 hours ago, Daria said:

Not very clever of him, obviously...

Thanks a lot for the report!

Incoming furious complaining guy expected.