A faster way to chat on pc

Brbgonnatoke

just a small suggestion like press "t" or "y" to bring up a typing bar.

edit : press F2 then 4 to open chat, press F1 to close.

Edited by Brbgonnatoke

I think Steam version should have a better PC-customization and more hotkeys, and that's because PC-gaming is what is gonna stay alive longer, so it is safe to focus on PC players, even if they have a slight advantage.

So I agree, and I think they could also add a way to set hotkeys for skills bar, so it wouldn't be necessarily numbers from 1 to 9, but could be set by the player, might as well add ability to set hotkeys on gaming mouses (Wait, mice?).

Totally agree, specially when it comes to chatting. It's essential to speak while playing MMORPGs, and it's very frustrating when we want to say something and then we have to click on menu, open chat, choose the channel, and only then type. It becomes worst when you want to use emoticons and you'll have to pick an emotion out of many emoticons displayed in different tabs :(

The hotkeys f1/f2/1-9 to open menus are not useful, they are as slow as clicking sometimes, and now that the game is fullscreen, we have to move our mouse long distances to pick what we want.

I understand the way the menus are displayed nowadays are perfect for cellphone playing, and I love the fact that the cellphone HUD structure is the same as the computer's. But we should rethink at least the chat menu.

48 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

So I agree, and I think they could also add a way to set hotkeys for skills bar, so it wouldn't be necessarily numbers from 1 to 9, but could be set by the player, might as well add ability to set hotkeys on gaming mouses (Wait, mice?).

Mice :)

Buy a hotkey-pad. You can set any keys there.

I have my f1 and f2 in the forward/backward buttons of my mouse. Helps seriously on a laptop that has tiny F keys and the wonderful and very useful Fn key.

Is this new?

I to open inventory

M for map

Z to chat

C for Equipment menu

S to open skills

A to show stats

J to open quests

3 hours ago, Meechum said:

Yes it's new and it's awesome oh my god

16 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Is this new?

I to open inventory

M for map

Z to chat

C for Equipment menu

S to open skills

A to show stats

J to open quests

But new steam hotkey sucks

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1200998158

This guide describes new hotkeys for the Steam version.

Also, at the end there is a link to another guide where a player writes about how to change hotkeys according to your own taste. It may be useful for someone, though it changes these hotkeys for the whole system at once.

1 hour ago, Daria said:

Also, at the end there is a link to another guide where a player writes about how to change hotkeys according to your own taste. It may be useful for someone, though it changes these hotkeys for the whole system at once.

It didnt work for me, ill try with more time later. I think an option on settings to switch between new hotkey/old hotkey would be a nice idea, most players i asked using steam version didnt like new hotkey 

6 минут назад, koszpl сказал:

It didnt work for me, ill try with more time later. I think an option on settings to switch between new hotkey/old hotkey would be a nice idea, most players i asked using steam version didnt like new hotkey 

Well, the new hotkeys should actually be more comfortable - no need to stretch your hand from 1 to 9.

I doubt there will be such option within the game. :(

<3 thank you, to all the devs :D <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

On 11/17/2017 at 9:02 AM, Daria said: