The BEST voice performance in gaming

pom007

Hi all , 
I thought this might be a worthwhile topic given the great performances we've all enjoyed over the decades in gaming.

What is your favourite / most noteworthy / most standout performance of someone voicing a character in gaming that comes to mind?

Too many to name now as my particular faves – and the usual suspects like Troy Baker & Nolan North typically brilliant, but the one that comes to mind most immediately is Gary Oldman's voicing of Sgt. Reznov in Call of Duty: World at War.

The passion, authenticity, drive and effort he went to, to protray the feeling of the time period, with a completely believable character in the Red Army setting, equally effective as a motivator / mentor & executioner, was really a terrific voicing effort I thought.

There are youtube clips of Gary Oldman explaning he actually went hoarse after a week of yelling the voice in the studio, but that he was very proud of the character and really enjoyed his Sgt Reznov role reprise followup in Black Ops a few years later.

What are your favourite or fondly remembered gaming characters who had exceptional voice acting behind them? 

Trevor from Gta 5. No, all voive acting in Gta 5. It all sounds natural and you may forget it's a game, not real life.

A space shooter that I play also had this uber-American accent (not southern/hillbilly, more like mid/northwest?). It fit in the game, but they got rid of it a couple months ago.

Both Just Cause 2 (Sheldon) and Call of Juarez (everyone, it's a cowboy game) hit a sweet spot with me in terms of American English.