Stat that lowers stun duration

vavavi

With all the cooldown gears available it won't take long until every single class can stunlock fully. A stat that would lower stun duration, maybe applied on same gears that have cooldown available, but scaled down, could bring some balance into classes.    

I'm fully aware that the game isn't based on 1v1, but arena is a big part of the experience. Right now if you run into 2 warlocks/charmers/druids/barbs in 2v2 you're pretty much unable to do anything, with the exception of mages and barbs with their brief immunity.      

Saw this idea being thrown in guild chat and thought might aswell find out how others feel about it.

Thoughts and comments appreciated.    

The idea can be fine enough. Maybe you may provide some more infos about your plans with this? 

My personal idea is: since we speak about pvps, we can relate such statistic with Resilience, and make it work exactly like Solidity does with Defence: the more Def you have, the more Solidity you get. Same story with this Statistic ( we might call it "Statistic X" for now ): the more Resilience you have, the more Statistic X you get. The Statistic X can be a way to reduce the seconds of stun given by some skills

Disadvantages:

-Some classes live with stuns; delete those and they become paper.

-Classes which can only be stopped by stuns become a real pain: Bladedancers, Wardens, Barbarians, Rogues are a clear example.

Advantages: The "Unbalance" word may once and forever disappear from people's dictionary.

But we need clear ideas about this. 

I would agree to this suggestion if there were no Blade Dancers in this game (kill anyone with 1 stun cycle). Currently, the only way to counter Blade Dancer is to not let him reach you.

50 minutes ago, nabnecro said:

I would agree to this suggestion if there were no Blade Dancers in this game (kill anyone with 1 stun cycle). Currently, the only way to counter Blade Dancer is to not let him reach you.

You are an op charmer ^^ 

And nope, bds dont kill anyone with 1 stun cycle, especially against pro stunners like charmers and locks

They cant even reach those classes

16 minutes ago, Vinicy said:

You are an op charmer ^^ 

And nope, bds dont kill anyone with 1 stun cycle, especially against pro stunners like charmers and locks

They will if we let all classes counter their stuns: their strenght come from the fact they stun enemies, and if they cannot anymore, what would those classes be? 

32 minutes ago, Vinicy said:

You are an op charmer ^^ 

Please read again what I said.

1 hour ago, nabnecro said:

6 hours ago, nabnecro said:

Please read again what I said.

At no point did i mean that it'd render stuns useless. Ideally it'd just counter stuns enough to not allow for complete stunlocks. Bds for example can still be kited just with the stagger from receiving damage. 

Im well aware that certain classes would get a slight disadvantage from this, but how is complete stunlock any more fair either?

Obviously it would also apply to bladedancers ham and rush, making them less able to kill everything in 1 combo.

Complete stunlocks only bothers if you think on a 1v1 perspective, which does not reflect the design of this game. Tell me the 2v2 matchup you are having problems with and I will teach you how to beat them. 2 Blade Dancers can kill 2 warlocks, you just need a better strategy than "do a predictable rush in warlock's direction and spam all skills".

tips on BD vs Warlock 2v2:

1) Split so that each one of the BDs attack the warlocks from a different direction (to make circle hit only 1 target).

2) Keep moving back and forth from 6-7 yard distance. If the warlock is trying to start with circle, you have a chance to make him completely miss the attack and you will only need to deal with fear until circle recharges.

3) After you make 1 or 2 of them miss a circle, Rush one of the warlocks at the same as your teammate (they can't use fear on 2 targets at same time and it will increase the chance to stun one of them) 

4) Not sure if this one still works but use retribution rune/stun weapon/stun crystal/stun potion and activate counter. Each reflected damage has a chance to activate stun, one activation is enough to kill warlock and win the match.

This match is hard for the BDs not because warlock can stunlock one target but because warlock's have a lot more RANGE than BDs.

Edited by nabnecro

53 minutes ago, nabnecro said:

Complete stunlocks only bothers if you think on a 1v1 perspective, which does not reflect the design of this game. Tell me the 2v2 matchup you are having problems with and I will teach you how to beat them. 2 Blade Dancers can kill 2 warlocks, you just need a better strategy than "do a predictable rush in warlock's direction and spam all skills".

tips on BD vs Warlock 2v2:

1) Split so that each one of the BDs attack the warlocks from a different direction (to make circle hit only 1 target).

2) Keep moving back and forth from 6-7 yard distance. If the warlock is trying to start with circle, you have a chance to make him completely miss the attack and you will only need to deal with fear until circle recharges.

3) After you make 1 or 2 of them miss a circle, Rush one of the warlocks at the same as your teammate (they can't use fear on 2 targets at same time and it will increase the chance to stun one of them) 

4) Not sure if this one still works but use retribution rune/stun weapon/stun crystal/stun potion and activate counter. Each reflected damage has a chance to activate stun, one activation is enough to kill warlock and win the match.

This match is hard for the BDs not because warlock can stunlock one target but because warlock's have a lot more RANGE than BDs.

if a warlock can win pvp with a bd. Then , 2 warlocks can just choose their own targets and stunlock them. If bds choose different directions, this man-to-man marking becomes very easy xd. 

Complete stunlocks only bothers if you think on a 1v1 perspective

It's more than that. In seals for example a lock can keep anyone out of the seal just by having little cooldown.

This is exactly why the cooldown and stun overload Is a problem. Even if you make both of them miss circle, once fear ends theyll either have stunned you again with that sphere skill or have circle ready already.

Explain to me how are 2 warlocks unable to fear 2 people at the same time.

Im not talking about bds particularly. Even now half the classes can pretty much stunlock, soon to be followed by more. Being able to stunlock someone alone, completely out of a fight in arena does make a difference. Thats why the small reduction in stun durations would make the whole game more enjoyable. Skilled players are still able to kite and on the receivin end people get a chance to do something instead of sitting there and dying helplessly.

Edited by vavavi

17 hours ago, nabnecro said:

Time to close this biased topic:smile:

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

Time to close this biased topic:smile:

How is it biased? It's a legit suggestion with people discussing their opinions. Nothing biased here.

1 hour ago, vavavi said:

How is it biased? It's a legit suggestion with people discussing their opinions. Nothing biased here.

As he said, BD would be the most broken class with that. Biased because you are a BD yourself, in fact a 1700 dmg one with buffs xd 

rqQgMHb.png

14 hours ago, vavavi said:

Bds for example can still be kited just with the stagger from receiving damage. 

Lol, if they just stand without using rush+hamstring then yea. Also you can always use counterattack wich received buffs last patch

Point isnt to remove that. People kited bds fine even before complete stunlock.  

Idea was to just turn down the stuns a little. Which like i said earlier also would work against skills such as hamstring and rush.

5 hours ago, vavavi said:

Point isnt to remove that. People kited bds fine even before complete stunlock.  

Back then bd couldn't rush and deflect stunning dmg. And they had no shield to tempo.

BD don't need a big amount of time to unleash their burst.

Controls is hard to counter. But it's also the only counter casters have in a game where everyone can burst them fast. It's the solid value.

Asking for anti cc stats is like asking for stats increasing those.