shaman handbook

Bloodylipa

So I moved my shaman guide here since I maxed out the word limit of my old spellbook thread. Now the guide and tips for shaman game play will be here under 'shaman handbook' and the 'spellbook' thread is purely for skill/spell and discussion and information. Hopeing it wont cause to much confusion to the readers. Thanks for the intrest guys and gals :)

>>

Shaman - Purpose and Tricks

I) Stay true to you - remember your character, you play shaman and theirs no reason to try to compete with other classes at their own game. Your going to lose. You'll never out damage a ranger or any melee class.  Youre not going to out tank barbs or blade dancers. Just accept your fate as a semi-support class and you'll realize it has its own benefits.

II) Balance of nature - its important to pick a path for your shaman, but dont over do it. Balance between moon and astral magic goes a long way for shamans. In the end you need to pick if you should have that extra 20-30 magic points into astral or moon and that I advice you to pick according to your skill build.

(+) If you are pure pve healer at max level its of course ok to go pure astral if thats your main purpose.

III) On the move - Instant cast buff spells can be activated while moving your shaman. Easiest way to do this is to place your market far ahead and while your shaman is making his way there 'select' healing spirit or earth protection and then tap it on your moving shaman. He will then cast either spell on the move.

Shaman - 'First' adventure time

I) Items for the first time shaman - items is not a critical matter at low levels. My advice is to save your gold until lv7, until then let the quest items fill up your characters gear. The reason why I advice you to save the to lv7 is that this gear makes diffrence, more diffrence. This is the first gear that will add on a good portion of astral magic.

After lv7 gear comes lv9 unique gear (purple) thats really good for your current level. After that its your pick, theirs alot of good items as you are gaining levels.

(+) Arena items are very good and easy to get.

(+) Lv13 boss drop items are very nice.

(+) Lab items lv17-18.

(+) Crimson Corrondum items lv16

(+) Berengar items and other lv15 items sold in Nadir tavern.

Its a free pick and mix at this point. Build your gear according to your skills and your characters purpose.

II) Skills for the reborn - So in my opinion theres three main branches of shamans, but im sure everyone got their small diffrences and tweaks.

(+) PvE Healer - This is a pure pve build where the focus lays on heal and defence skills. The gear has a main focus on astral magic, defence and resistance.

Skill Priority Chart - PvE Healer

Ball lightning.      (///)

Healing spirit.      (///) (///) (///) (///) (///)

Lightning blast.    (///) (///)

Earth protection.  (///) (///) (///) (///)

Earthquake.          (///) (///) (///) (///)

(+) PvP Healer - Indiffrence from the pve path this shaman does very well in arena aswell. Skill wise this shaman focuses on heal and stun skills. And for gear it needs a balance between moon and astral, max hp and defence, resistance.

This build is one of my favorites and its a really good allround. Its main weakness is fighting rangers and other mage classes.

Skill Priority Chart - PvP Healer

Ball lightning.      (///) (///)

Lightning blast.    (///) (///) (///) (///)

Earth protection.  (///)

Earthquake.          (///) (///) (///) (///)

(+) DPS shaman - This is my damage shaman, but can also aid pve with a dress change. Skill wise this build mains on heal and keeps its damage spells and stunners as high as a good balance allows (lv20). And for gear mains on moon, but DONT leave out astral, crit ratio, defense (more then other builds) and resistance.

This is a fun build that packs alot of power when luck strikes. Its ideal to hunt other mage classes and rangers. Its main weakness is the lower max hp that makes it an easy target for barbs. 

Skill Priority Chart  - DPS Shaman

Ball lightning.      (///) (///) (///) (///)

Lightning blast.    (///) (///) (///) (///)

Earth protection.  (///)

Earthquake.          (///) (///)

So thats short on 3 builds ive used. A strong healing spirit is my main tips for new shamans, its a perfect foundation to build your shaman around.

III) Slaying the beast - Everyone needs a healer in their party to farm lv13+ bosses. Except for the healer himself that is! It might take you a long time to solo a lv13 boss but it can be done and here is kyumarus stat build tips how he like to gear for solo farming.

*I call these monsters 'lv13 bosses' cause they drop lv13 unique gear if youre lucky.

(+) Sea monster - Easy to kill, use equal moon and astral gear: 50% moon and 50% astral priority between items.

(+) Lake elemental - kinda hard, here you need more healpower into your gear: 30% moon and 70% astral priority between items.

(+) Garr shagg - hard to kill, at this point its getting hard and the advice is to fully fallback on healing spirit: 0% moon and 100% astral priority between items.

This is kyumarus experiences and tips. Thank you so much for sharing :)

IV) Dealing with the elves - Here im going to bring up things you can do to easier deal with elves and CC-quests inloving killing elf players, but also if you want kill them for the fun of it, very easy. Or break their armors/weapons if you feel veangeful.

Ok first we are going to get the location straight then ill explain what you can do there. So the location to do this, is the room full of 'mc friendly shamans' inside berengars catacombs. The beauty of this room is that its the absolute fastest way for FB to get to ghost village for relic quest or bg hunt room. BUT all npc's in the room are hostile to FB, but not MC. Personally I think its to compensate MC alittle for having longer distance to these two hot spots then FB. And usually elves can walk by just getting hit once or twice by one shaman but we can change that :)

I bet you know where it is, but heres 3 close by mayor beacons which should make it easy to find.

(+) its the left of the south exits from ghost village entrance and catacombs half-boss 'the water spirit'.

(+) standing outside berengars guards room (bg hunt room) you can see the shaman room to your left.

(+) to kill the half-boss 'captain' on elf faction land (legion quest) shortest way is to walktrough the shaman room and captain will be directly to your left after entering elf faction land.

Now you should know where the location is. Now to what we can do there. Here is two great things you can benefit from using this location as your advantage.

(+) The Strongest - This is my number one tips that I advice any MC player of any class to do at low level, but it will be easiest for shaman. When youre around lv14 and get the CC-quest 'the strongest' for the first time killing a lv18+ without a party is very hard. Go to the shaman room in the berengars catacombs and wait for lv18+ FB players (they are frequent). I like to stand down left so I can see the corner they haft to turn up to leave the room. This will ensure them to be half way into the room before they know youre in there. Strike the elf with your blind when he comes up to the corner and focus all your damage you can on him. If your lucky blind will force him to move down into the masses of npc shamans and they will auto attack FB. Now lock him down with quake and keep fireing everything offensive you got. With the support of all the npc shamans in the room your lv14 character now has the upper hand and most elves will not be able get out of this. Even if they kill you they themself will most likely die before making it out. This is a great way of completing 'the strongest' solo with a low level character.

(+) Breaking the elves - If you want to mess with the elves you can use the same location as before, the shaman room in berengars catacombs. Use the same tactic as I adviced for the strongest quest with one change, npc shamans need to do the kill. Otherwise the elves gear wont get damaged. Blind the elf player, so he hopefully makes it down around the npc shamans. Lock him down with earthquake and let the npc shamans do the killing. Like this you can pick on the elves and break their gear. And even if they come in numbers you get killed by a player, which means no damage on your gear.

Requested and shared by kyumaru. Thanks.

continues in 'shaman handbook pt2'

Updated - New handbook thread, pure guide

- Two new sub sections under, shamans - 'first' adventure time

Requested and shared by kyumaru, thx.

-III) slaying the beast

-VI) dealing with the elves

Yes, i agree shaman must have a look when ranger using blessing skill (on head shining), cuz blind can break blessing time, so ranger loses their damage

Bloodylips, here i share about arena gears + full resilience, many of us don't know that shaman using arena gears + full resi, it seems like shaman having unlimited bees skill xD, especially against ranger, the ranger never do critical, only normal atk. i think resi is better than psy def (for mage only)

1. Reducing critical chance

2. Reducing critical damage

3. Reducing psy & magic damage

I have 20.8% resi now xD.

Hi friend! Pls update tips and trick about Shaman Party for hunting xD

No doubt that all shaman in party for hunting is the best way ever in game:

1. 5 shamans going laby or BG xD

One shaman is tanker (should be elite shaman) and other shamans tanking each mob without killing them and all shamans attack boss, one other shaman sharing earthprotection skill (shield) which having higher one (its fast, simple and no trouble)

2. 4 shamans + 1 barbar

This way is very good for hunting too

One this barbar not must always be tanker, in addition this barbar can help shaman to be tanker by helping roar and taunt, especially hunting ranged boss like lambert, alien, guntam and others mages

@ kyumaru - ok ill do my best, its on my update list :)

@ lucian - I want ppl to build their own chars thats why I only give general ideas and tips, but I will try to specify better with more details. Coming in future update, hope it will be more like you want it :)

Thank you.

I'll be waiting your answer.

I wanna create a good shaman,I want him for be a good support and do some damage/stun in arena.

Because I want to stick in level 14 a little for the arena staff.

@ lucian - I want ppl to build their own chars thats why I only give general ideas and tips, but I will try to specify better with more details. Coming in future update, hope it will be more like you want it :)

Updated - II) skills for the reborn - as requested more details on

shaman builds. Added priority charts, its not builds but

it shows how much I priorities certain skills for certain builds.

-

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the guide young man. Took PVE tips only since I Iam not interested in PVP in the slightest.

Was the inclusion of the male gender pronoun only in the new class description your words or the official description?

Everything is official about the new class skill descriptions, but I try to remember to write he/she or it if I have to. To make it gender neutral, but then I forget or get lazy and end up writting he a couple of times. I know the correct way is to wrote he/she or she/he but you know habbits die hard :P Sweden pushes gender equality and in school they can correct your writting for not writting he/she.

Yes it looks like they have added dmg to quake, so it deals aoe dmg to all effected targets. I can tell you that quake dmg is determend by your moon magic.

all new info about quake will be posted in shaman spellbook thread.

and shaman but im guessing all classes have gotten a hp buff? I have roughly 10% more max hp now then before update.

Do you remember the Mountain Clans passive skill?

And do you remember the health definition of each class?

Now it is really working (it's working better for us MC's !!! +4% of health) !

YAY

and shaman but im guessing all classes have gotten a hp buff? I have roughly 10% more max hp now then before update.

Do you remember the Mountain Clans passive skill?

And do you remember the health definition of each class?

Now it is really working (it's working better for us MC's !!! +4% of health) !

YAY

I got 20%+ more hp :bomb: ;D

• 1 year later...