DeathKnight skill Guide - v9.3.0

Ogull

update log:

- updated 07/09/2018

- updated 23/02/2019, v7.7.0

- updated 09/05/2020, v8.4.2

- updated 04/12/2020, relic section rewrite.

- updated 04/06/2021 v9.3.0

Sprite-0002.jpgSprite-0003.jpgSprite-0004.jpg BASIC SKILLS BUILDS Sprite-0005.jpgSprite-0001.jpg

PvP build

Sprite-0001.jpg Dark Shield  5/5

- Dark Shield give's the chance to ignore enemy damage with accordance to your armor, the more armor you have the more damage the skill will ignore

which will give a increase chance of survival, as of the last time this skill got an update the chance of working is 75%, giving a huge 

durability and allowing you to withstand great amount of damage.

Sprite-0002.jpg Thorn of Death   3/5

- Leveling Thorn of Death will allow you to increase your output damage and let you kill enemies faster, its a given that you need to have a damage skill with some levels for all classes

Sprite-0003.jpg Exhalation of Darkness  5/5

- which will give you extra magical damage, as much as you have magical damage the skill damage will increase

- (Update 8.4.2) the stun duration now increase with the skill level as follows 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 making it an essential skill in PvP!

as for Provocation Sprite-0004.jpg  and Threads of Darkness Sprite-0005.jpgkeep them at 1/5

- use Provocation to make enemy lose target in case you want to run and use Threads of Darkness to pull running enemy's toward you

- you could give Threads of Darkness some levels as it give extra damage to all following attacks but then you need to lose some levels in other skills,

There is also the possibility of leveling Threads of Darkness to 3/5 or even 5/5 as the skill will increase all other skill damage toward the effected target

- (Update 8.4.2) Threads of Darkness cooldown was decreased from 30 to 22 and its debuff duration was increased from 2/3/4/5/6 to 4/5/6/7/8 making it more spamable and the debuff duration increase allows you to deal more damage to enemies

PvE build

Sprite-0001.jpg Dark Shield 5/5

- Dark Shield give the chance to ignore enemy damage with accordance to your armor, the more armor you have the more damage the skill will ignore

which will give a increase chance of survival, as of the last time this skill got an update the chance of working is 80%, giving a huge 

durability and allowing you to withstand great amount of damage.

Sprite-0002.jpg Thorn of Death  3/5

- You need this skill to for outputting damage to enemies and bosses

Sprite-0004.jpg Provocation  5/5

- as of latest updates support classes heal Provoke the monsters to attack them so you need something to attract the monsters attention away from the healers

- also bosses attack the higher damage outputted to them, so most of the time bosses will attack damagers so you need something to attract the boss attention to you

- try spamming this skill it have low energy cost and cooldown.

as you can see Dark ShieldSprite-0001.jpg is leveled max in any case, this skill considered the heart and soul of DeathKnight, and is the most important Basic skill we have.

- For knights who want to pass to the second map

level Dark Shield it will give you durability to kill 5-6k mini bosses without help

and survive if you get lot of Monsters around you, then level Thorn of Death for some damage

Sprite-0008.jpgSprite-0001.jpgSprite-0002.jpgbb.png EXPERT SKILLS BUILDS Sprite-0005.jpgSprite-0003.jpgSprite-0008.jpgSprite-0007.jpgkiss0.png

There is lot of build you can go with expert skills and combine them with base skills and each other

Sprite-0006.jpg Health steal build Sprite-0006.jpg

and this build it self split to some builds

of course  all Health steal skills need Horror accessories Sprite-0007.jpg, thought it is not necessary, it help a lot, also getting Saturation 4/4 as it give 25% extra Health steal for 15 seconds.

saturation  will take 10% of your health along side energy with the latest update to the skill instead of the old 4%, you need to take this 10% in consideration, 10% of health is a lot of health for tanks that became easy for them to reach 4k-6k health

1 - AoE Health steal/Dungeons and Bosses

Sprite-0003.jpg hurricane 4/4

Sprite-0008.jpg saturation  4/4

- Use these skills with each other to get high Health Steal parameter and then burst enemies with high physical damage and steal health from them

- The more enemies around you, the more Health Steal you do!

- use Sprite-0001.jpg Death Call to attract the target around you toward you so that you can set yourself up for life stealing from them with the build.

- NOTE : by the name this build can only work if big numbers of enemy's are targeting you, so that you get a use of that AoE skills

its most effective in dungeons and against groups of players and/or mobs, although its not really a problem because you Steel Hurricane should deal up to 500-1000 depends on your damage

- even in 1v1/2v2 you will get a good amount of Health Steal

- and remember these AoE skills can detect and reveal Invisible enemy's

2- Single target Health steal

Sprite-0008.jpg saturation  4/4

Sprite-0008.jpg Sharp Shadow  4/4

- as of latest update for sharp shadow Steal Health from enemy's if you on the effect of Saturation

sharpss.PNG

so leveling Saturation and Sharp Shadow 4/4 is really good, also this skill damage is magical so adding some magical damage to your gears and weapons is good for more damage from it

- NOTE : the build is best and most effective in 1v1/2v2 arena, it can also be used in farming bosses as long as you don't get lot of enemy's around

don't get me wrong, its good in group fight and dungeons but it will not show its max potentials...

Sprite-0004.jpg Regeneration build Sprite-0004.jpg

Secret Reserve Sprite-0005.jpg 4/4        --update notes! read below...--

-This build need you to get a large amount of health regeneration which this skill multiply it to increase your regen

- just remember Regeneration effect get cut in half if being attacked or in battlemode(When your health GUI flash red)

- also recently i encountered some characters who wait until your Secret Reserve is activated To use all there skills and kill you before it do anything

so getting some armor so that you can survive for the skill to do its magic

- Gear like Heroic Endurance, Golden Dawn,  Kronus, rings, and shields have a Hp regeneration Bonuses

- other gears that you can enchant with regeneration like amulets, caps and shields for more regeneration

- NOTE : this skill is useful in most of situations you might encounter and can reach to high regeneration income, that's probably why people consider it "Broken", however beware of smart players as they could play around this skill, also this skill help you by giving you bonus armor, if you managed to get high hp regeneration then the skill well do more than 900 regeneration

a tick for 12 seconds

--update notes--

I'm gonna keep this build for the sake of people who might be curios to know, but this skill and build got nerfed and while its still useful the loses requirement to reach favorable result outweigh its benefits, because of its high cooldown(2 minutes) the skill is most beneficial in arena and only recommended there, i will not recommend the skill for PvE where you need a constant healing

as for latest update to secret reserve the skill now increase the "Health regen parameter" instead of giving a healing buff depending on health regen, and the skill decrease the regeneration rate while also receive a increase to its cooldown. the skill need full focus on health regeneration to acquire needed results...

Sprite-0003.jpg Stun build Sprite-0008.jpg

Sprite-0007.jpg Blow of Silence  4/4

Sprite-0008.jpg Sharp Shadow  4/4

with some Skills CoolDown Sprite-0006.jpg luck and timing you can stun the enemy for a long time

- also you can combine Health steal build with the stun build, as the stun build use Sharp Shadow get Saturation to 1/4 and then Sharp shadow will steal 50% with it

use it with blow of silence to deal extra damage and steal even more

- NOTE : this build is best used in arena and 1v1/2v2, as you can completely control an enemy if your skills succeed to hit, just remember that 2 of these skill require you

to hit for there effect to happen so building accuracy is good, also remember Blow of Silence Does not stun the enemy but prevent them from using abilitys

which mean they can move and the skill does not end if you fail to attack but stay until you successfully attack or the duration end

- also use this skill on multiable targets if your team is in need, and don't waste all these stuns on 1 target, to give your team a chance to breathe

-Use Exhalation of Darkness Sprite-0003.jpg with this build because it also stun the enemy.

Sprite-0001.jpg Survivability/tanky build Sprite-0002.jpg

Sprite-0001.jpg Dark Shield  5/5

Sprite-0002.jpg Aura of Hatred  4/4

bb.png Blood Protection 4/4

- this is the only build that work great for heavy tanky death knight it offer both bonus armor and damage reduction for you.

- this build can be used to withstand bosses and players, and with support classes shield you will be literately a tank

Sprite-0002.jpg Aura of Hatred

- Aura of Hatred can be used with every build mentioned here, for more defense and surviving or for bonus damage, and considered one of the best expert skills for death knights

the 15% increase can go along way with more defend, as well as increasing your solidity making you a better tank in general

dmg.png.a27c314175b10ceb96d128c462aa8851.pngstun.png.b0a2044d9006a1688a5232ae521fb393.pngtime.png.4d8ae556890d78da676f19111de6b3b8.pngsilence.png.7be9a15059ca190173aafaedba94b6bb.pngreach.png.1ca59d98fd345b13410df1157e374662.pngRELICSpdeff.png.3e1e56f5b132e00eae04524c7c09efd5.pngmdeff.png.4a9a023bc61e9bf3faf5cb06532b6829.pnglifesteal.png.08809ea3c7a97bdcad92a16e183124d8.pngaggro.png.54932f43c729c8064a159452379fcafe.pngsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png.137db00862c06071be3bd036a1aa2f3b.png

while i can't give specific guiding to relics because choosing relics depends on you and your playstyle and what you need, i can still give some opinions on likable relics.

- Each Base Skill can have 4 relics, offensive, defensive, empowered and special

PvE

aggro.png.54932f43c729c8064a159452379fcafe.png Great relic of Menacing is a great edition to your aggression skill, giving you a 60% increase aggro to the skill making it better at keeping bosses and enemies away from your party and making mobs focus on you

lifesteal.png.08809ea3c7a97bdcad92a16e183124d8.png Generally any life steal relic is good for dk and are recommended for him, they will help him with his AoE build and life steal build

mdeff.png.4a9a023bc61e9bf3faf5cb06532b6829.pngpdeff.png.3e1e56f5b132e00eae04524c7c09efd5.png defensive relic are a great plus for PvE dks, they will make you more tanky and able to survive

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png.137db00862c06071be3bd036a1aa2f3b.png Icy relic of intractability is arguably one of the best relic a dk could have, increasing his dark shield effect by 40%, this relic is a must have!

PvP

silence.png.7be9a15059ca190173aafaedba94b6bb.pngstun.png.b0a2044d9006a1688a5232ae521fb393.png any stun or silence relics are great for dk in PvP and will help you with the stun build to keep enemies under control in case one of your skills fail

dmg.png.a27c314175b10ceb96d128c462aa8851.png Great relic of punishing increase the damage of your skill by 12%, making it great to deal increased damage

reach.png.1ca59d98fd345b13410df1157e374662.png Great relic of inaccessibility increase the range of threads by 2 yards makin a total of 7 yards of range, good for caching those runners!

time.png.4d8ae556890d78da676f19111de6b3b8.png Great relic of continues effect increase the duration of an effect by 40%, great to keep your skill running for a bit longer and have great use with exhilaration of darkness

Other Death Knight Guides that might help

Capture.PNG

Edited by Ogull

Very interesting bro. Well done! :drinks:

Just few corrections:

4 hours ago, FakeUser said:

You should level up Exhalation of Darkness 5/5 which will give you extra stun time and damage

I really wish that Exhalation of Darkness could have its stun time increased by leveling this skill, but, unfortunatly, developping this skill will only deal more magic damage to the opponent. The stun time will stay 1.6 seconds, independently of the level.

4 hours ago, FakeUser said:

aura of hatred Give 25% extra physical and magical armor

I may be wrong, but it gives 15% and not 25%. I shall control myself there :huh:

You managed to well explain every single build of a Deathknight. I may advise you to also say in which situations these builds can be useful. For example: Stun Build - PvP or Steal Health Build - PvE etc.

For the rest, very good job! :pin3:

Just now, Higgings said:

The stun time will stay 1.6 seconds

Really? i firmly believe it increase to 2.5 second at 5/5, but i will change it

Just now, Higgings said:

I may be wrong, but it gives 15%

i don't think this is true because then, this skill is useless

11 minutes ago, Higgings said:

situations these builds can be useful

will do

thank you:ah:

2 hours ago, FakeUser said:

i don't think this is true because then, this skill is useless

It is the best skill in game for me after steel hurricane  , haha :hehe:And yes it gives %15 power and %15 armor at 4/4

8 hours ago, FakeUser said:

if this build is followed right DeathKnight can reach up to 90%

What did you mean by this I did not get it.:unsure:

Edited by Omercix

8 hours ago, FakeUser said:

PvP build

DeathKnight should level up Dark ShieldSprite-0001.jpg 5/5

which will give a increase chance of survival, as of the last time this skill got an update the chance of working is 80%, giving a hugh

durability and allowing you to withstand some damage.

after Dark Shield you should level up Exhalation of Darkness Sprite-0003.jpg 5/5

which will give you extra magical damage

After that Thorn of Death Sprite-0002.jpg 3/5 is the right choice to go for to add some damage to the build

you could switch the leveling of Exhalation of Darkness and Thorn of Death

for more physical damage as Exhalation of Darkness deal magical damage

as for Provocation Sprite-0004.jpg  and Threads of Darkness Sprite-0005.jpgkeep them at 1/5

use Provocation to make enemy lose target in case you want to run

and use Threads of Darkness to pull running enemy's toward you

you could give Threads of Darkness some levels as it give extra damage to all following attacks but then you need to lose some levels in other skills

Exhalation of Darkness 5/5 only increase the magical damage. So if you are not building magic no need to level up that skill to 5. Thorn of the death 5/5 is and 3/5 exhalation of darkness is better in pvp.

51 minutes ago, Omercix said:

Exhalation of Darkness 5/5 only increase the magical damage. So if you are not building magic no need to level up that skill to 5. Thorn of the death 5/5 is and 3/5 exhalation of darkness is better in pvp.

Yeah i know i mentioned that under it 

9 hours ago, FakeUser said:

you could switch the leveling of Exhalation of Darkness and Thorn of Death

for more physical damage as Exhalation of Darkness deal magical damage

1 hour ago, Omercix said:

What did you mean by this I did not get it.:unsure:

ah sorry im not a native English speaker, but i wrote it in English to reach as many players as it can

i used auto correction a lot:cry1:

anyway what i meant is you can get over 90% Health steal from multiable sources, over 30% base Health steal with accessories and runes, 4/4 sharp shadow with 50% Health steal and Blood Devourer relic with 20% Health steal

i will fix it up anyways

Edited by FakeUser

On 4/10/2017 at 9:25 AM, FakeUser said:

Health steal build

About this, its very hard n expensive  to get cape  espescially with mana regenetation, n golden dawn boot too. My question isn, If we dont have both of it( mana regen on boot n cape) . Does dk will get lack of mana regen when doing dg or killing boss? Ty.  Wish somebody whoever tried could tell me about this

9 hours ago, Obladi said:

About this, its very hard n expensive  to get cape  espescially with mana regenetation, n golden dawn boot too. My question isn, If we dont have both of it( mana regen on boot n cape) . Does dk will get lack of mana regen when doing dg or killing boss? Ty.  Wish somebody whoever tried could tell me about this

my dk don't have horror event cape or golden dawn boots

my only mana regen source is from the crystals on rings and belt, and i have 42 mana regen, after all forsaken faction have 3 mana regen if i remember correctly

i use lvl 19 cape with health steal, and use horror rings but with magical damage for my sharp shadow

with horror amulet without health

the only expensive thing that i had to buy was the vampirsm runes which i bought in horror event because they drop in price in  that time

event accessorizes are not the only option, you can buy any accessorizes with health steal

here are my stuff

amulet.PNGcape.PNGring.PNGstates.PNG

hope that help

Edited by FakeUser

9 minutes ago, FakeUser said:

my dk don't have horror event cape or golden dawn boots

my only mana regen source is from the crystals on rings and belt, and i have 42 mana regen, after all forsaken faction have 3 mana regen if i remember correctly

i use lvl 19 cape with health steal, and use horror rings but with magical damage for my sharp shadow

with horror amulet without health

the only expensive thing that i had to buy was the vampirsm runes which i bought in horror event because they drop in price in  that time

event accessorizes are not the only option, you can buy any accessorizes with health steal

here are my stuff

amulet.PNGcape.PNGring.PNGstates.PNG

hope that help

I mean , have u ever got lack of mana regen when spamming skill? With mana regen on belt and both rings?

53 minutes ago, Obladi said:

I mean , have u ever got lack of mana regen when spamming skill? With mana regen on belt and both rings?

well i rarely get that when pve only, never got it in pvp or arena

most of the time i lack mana in pve because i spam unnecessary skills, like level 1 skill i have

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 9:25 AM, FakeUser said:

Health steal build 

I have question again for this bro, is it good enough to build saturation n secret reserves at the same time, i have some horror accesories with hp regen on it.. And can u suggest magic dk build bro? Ty

38 minutes ago, Obladi said:

I have question again for this bro, is it good enough to build saturation n secret reserves at the same time, i have some horror accesories with hp regen on it.. And can u suggest magic dk build bro? Ty

For sure it increases survivability, but if you can afford a life steal build, I'd go for Steel Hurricane, more than Reserves. But if you like that skill, you can always try to balance all of these 3 skills, by adding 2 points each. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

For sure it increases survivability, but if you can afford a life steal build, I'd go for Steel Hurricane, more than Reserves. But if you like that skill, you can always try to balance all of these 3 skills, by adding 2 points each. 

Yea, i  think it would be nice , so last question, can u suggest me some dk magic skill build? dk magic good? Cs dk has many skill that rely on magic dmg.. 

6 hours ago, Obladi said:

i would definitely suggest Saturation and secret reserve, its really good for PvP and farming bosses, the only disadvantage i can think about for this build is the lack of stuns

which ofc if you leveled these skills all stun skills will be at 1, and that will make you weak against runners like (warlock,hunter,shaman,druid,priest,necro,ranger and charmer)

as for using it for farming, dgs, and well... against melee classes, max these skills is op

6 hours ago, Obladi said:

And can u suggest magic dk build bro? Ty

Death knight have a total of 4 magical damage skills, exhalation of darkness, death call, sharp shadow and blow of silence

i don't really recommend magic damage as a main damage type for dk, sense these skill don't do lot of magical damage, however sharp shadow do lot of magical damage

if we are talking  about a +600 magical damage dk and 4/4 sharp it would be common thing to health steal 1k hp or more with this skill

if you still want to go magical damage

exhalation of darkness 5/5

dark shield 5/5

thorn 3/5

sharp shadow 4/4

blow 4/4

don't level up death call!, this skill is just shit, its just shit

use it to aggro nothing else.

Edited by FakeUser

7 hours ago, Obladi said:

Yea, i  think it would be nice , so last question, can u suggest me some dk magic skill build? dk magic good? Cs dk has many skill that rely on magic dmg.. 

2 hours ago, FakeUser said:

i don't really recommend magic damage as a main damage type for dk, sense these skill don't do lot of magical damage.

^^^

On 10/4/2017 at 4:25 AM, FakeUser said:

Great Relic of MenaceCapture.PNG can be used for Provocation for more aggro, then you can set provocation back to 1/5 in pve build because then you will have enough aggro to attract any monster attention,

I'm not really sure about how much extra agro you get from lvling Provocation but I know for sure dks lvl up Provocation cause it increases the time of the agro debuff on the enemy. I have the great relic of menace but I also made Provocation 2/5 so I can have a perma-agro debuff and I did that because I've seen that whenever the debuff ends, whoever deals considerably more dmg than me will take the agro despite my relic of menace, but with 2/5 skill and 9.3% cooldown I achived perma-agro, which in combination with that relic I can keep the attention of a boss even when I'm in party with 1k+ dmg rogues.
Good job, maybe now someone would try to get the stats of the skills aswell.. :D

6 hours ago, Mewingdrip said:

I'm not really sure about how much extra agro you get from lvling Provocation but I know for sure dks lvl up Provocation cause it increases the time of the agro debuff on the enemy. I have the great relic of menace but I also made Provocation 2/5 so I can have a perma-agro debuff and I did that because I've seen that whenever the debuff ends, whoever deals considerably more dmg than me will take the agro despite my relic of menace, but with 2/5 skill and 9.3% cooldown I achived perma-agro, which in combination with that relic I can keep the attention of a boss even when I'm in party with 1k+ dmg rogues.
Good job, maybe now someone would try to get the stats of the skills aswell.. :D

well.. what you said is correct, if you are level 13..

at higher level you will have death call for more aggro and leveling Provocation won't be as needed

i am a level 24 dk with 1/5 aggro and i am fine with it and death call and no rouge or hunter damage can take the boss from me

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2017 at 7:08 AM, Higgings said:

On 25/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, FakeUser said:

i would definitely suggest Saturation and secret reserve, its really good for PvP and farming bosses, the only disadvantage i can think about for this build is the lack of stuns

which ofc if you leveled these skills all stun skills will be at 1, and that will make you weak against runners like (warlock,hunter,shaman,druid,priest,necro,ranger and charmer)

as for using it for farming, dgs, and well... against melee classes, max these skills is op

Death knight have a total of 4 magical damage skills, exhalation of darkness, death call, sharp shadow and blow of silence

i don't really recommend magic damage as a main damage type for dk, sense these skill don't do lot of magical damage, however sharp shadow do lot of magical damage

if we are talking  about a +600 magical damage dk and 4/4 sharp it would be common thing to health steal 1k hp or more with this skill

if you still want to go magical damage

exhalation of darkness 5/5

dark shield 5/5

thorn 3/5

sharp shadow 4/4

blow 4/4

don't level up death call!, this skill is just shit, its just shit

use it to aggro nothing else.

Ehh, i think i miss somthin,, i just know that sharp shadow can steal health if we add saturation in it.  If we have 3/4  satu+ 3/4sharp( replacing steel huricane) and magic dmg arround 230 ( common m dmg for dk with all magic acce, and magic mace) would that combination of that skill will stealh so much hp? 

I hope both of u or anyone know about mecnism of dk can give me proper answer,, cause i dont have so much money to spend. Thanks

7 minutes ago, Obladi said:

Ehh, i think i miss somthin,, i just know that sharp shadow can steal health if we add saturation in it.  If we have 3/4  satu+ 3/4sharp( replacing steel huricane) and magic dmg arround 230 ( common m dmg for dk with all magic acce, and magic mace) would that combination of that skill will stealh so much hp? 

I hope both of u or anyone know about mecnism of dk can give me proper answer,, cause i dont have so much money to spend. Thanks

It heals a good ammount; Sharp Shadow will deal something like 300-400 ( with a 1h mace, I suppose? ) and healing you the 45% of the damage dealt.

but...

if you aim for a life steal build counting only on Saturation 3/4 ( which gives 10% Life Steal ) and Sharp Shadow to increase your survivability, you'd better think twice. Dk's life steal build, in order to work in the best way, requires to have something like 15-20% life steal as basic statistic, and then empowered with Saturation. In this way, if you get seized by Mobs while having saturation on and the upmentioned stats on, By using steel hurricane it will be like using a Potion or Heal like a necro. I use to heal something like 2000 + hps with this build. For sure, Sharp Shadow became a nice support skill in PvE also, but you cannot entirely rely on those 2 skills only, in order to increase your survivability, I fear.

It heals a good ammount; Sharp Shadow will deal something like 300-400 ( with a 1h mace, I suppose? ) and healing you the 45% of the damage dealt.

but...

if you aim for a life steal build counting only on Saturation 3/4 ( which gives 10% Life Steal ) and Sharp Shadow to increase your survivability, you'd better think twice. Dk's life steal build, in order to work in the best way, requires to have something like 15-20% life steal as basic statistic, and then empowered with Saturation. In this way, if you get seized by Mobs while having saturation on and the upmentioned stats on, By using steel hurricane it will be like using a Potion or Heal like a necro. I use to heal something like 2000 + hps with this build. For sure, Sharp Shadow became a nice support skill in PvE also, but you cannot entirely rely on those 2 skills only, in order to increase your survivability, I fear.

Yeah i get the point,, steel huricane perhaps steal more hp than sharp shadow,, btw i have total 42,1 lifesteal stats,, anyway thank u so much.. But u know, how expensive the phsy accespries,, i only have total 350 phys dmg.. Is it good for hurricane?

Edited by Obladi
Forgot something

2 hours ago, Obladi said:

but...

you can replace steel hurricane with sharp shadow IF you are going PvP

sharp shadow will be good to life steal from 1 target or 2 at max, also the fact the it stun from a range make it amazing for PvP

thou i would not take it for PvE, it will still work but steel hurricane will do better and bosses will most likely resist sharp shadow

i mean even if sharp shadow steal 45% or even 50%, stealing 30% or 15% but from multiable target will be a huge difference

it really depend on the situation and what you want to build your skills for

• 4 months later...
On Wednesday, October 04, 2017 at 3:25 AM, FakeUser said:

Regeneration effect get cut in half if being attacked or in battlemode(When your health GUI flash red)

I Did try it..and the reserv skill give same hp bonus either u under atack or not..it stay the same..it will consider ur hp regan amount while u r not under atack...

On 4/21/2018 at 5:49 PM, Yacine Nessrine said:

I Did try it..and the reserv skill give same hp bonus either u under atack or not..it stay the same..it will consider ur hp regan amount while u r not under atack...

sorry for late reply

i don't think that how skill work, because the regen from the skill is different from the normal regen, and you can see each of them happening alone

the skill multiply your normal regen when activated, i tried the skill so many times and each time i try it while i am not under attack the regen get doubled from when i am under attack

the skill multiply when activated

meaning if the skill activate while you are not under attack, even if later you get attacked the buff will not get cut, because the skill already activated

• 5 months later...

To my mind, a PvE Death knight or any tank in a game should have maxed taunt skill aka (as known as) 5/5 + menance relic. This ensures your agro being safe from others in your party or whatever you go somewhete with, especially if you do stuff with very powerful damagers or powerful healers. If your have a low damage yourself as a tank, you should definitely go for maxed taunt skill.

Nowadays exhalation is not useful to have lvled up in PvE. Bosses resist the damage most of the time, extra damage by lvling a skill increases slightly. The skill being lvled up is good only in PvP cases in my opinion. Since i love to experiment and do different kind of equipment setups, i wouldn't even use a 2h weapon on a death knight with magic dmg bonus. I'd use 2h axe/mace/hammer, depending on bonuses i prefer.

29 minutes ago, Hapimonas said:

To my mind, a PvE Death knight or any tank in a game should have maxed taunt skill aka (as known as) 5/5 + menance relic. This ensures your agro being safe from others in your party or whatever you go somewhete with, especially if you do stuff with very powerful damagers or powerful healers. If your have a low damage yourself as a tank, you should definitely go for maxed taunt skill.

Nowadays exhalation is not useful to have lvled up in PvE. Bosses resist the damage most of the time, extra damage by lvling a skill increases slightly. The skill being lvled up is good only in PvP cases in my opinion. Since i love to experiment and do different kind of equipment setups, i wouldn't even use a 2h weapon on a death knight with magic dmg bonus. I'd use 2h axe/mace/hammer, depending on bonuses i prefer.

Yep, exhalation is kinda a Jack of all trades: it is mainly used for its stunning power, which might result in being good enough if it is used for this purpose. When fighting against a boss, its strenght relies on the relic you have put on, mainly, since the boss resists your damage, the stun or even both.

At current state of things, I would not rely on a 2h weapon for such class; nowadays a 1h weap and a shield grant you a high damage output, sometimes even higher than a 2h weapon. 

Agree on the Taunt part.

1 hour ago, Hapimonas said:

1000000000% agree with you

There is no need to have magic damage on a dk in pve

6 hours ago, Hapimonas said:

I love death knight class because of that

in my opinion i find dk one of the most diverse class in the game, there is so many builds and ways to go around skills and equipment

its really depends on the user and the situation they are in

thou i disagree on the taunt part

having taunt 5/5 with a 60% taunt increase relic is just overkill in most situation, there is no need to have that much taunt

sense you also have death call which also taunt, and spamming these 2 skills will keep the aggro for you

but what i am saying is from my experience with the skill

i always had it 3/5 and never did a healer or a damager took the aggro from me

5 hours ago, Leeon Muller said:

There is no need to have magic damage on a dk in pve

no one say there is a need :cat2:

6 hours ago, FakeUser said:

thou i disagree on the taunt part

having taunt 5/5 with a 60% taunt increase relic is just overkill in most situation, there is no need to have that much taunt

I have a friend who uses healing classes and easily gets agro because of the amount of heal he generates. Tanks with 3/5 taunt or sometimes higher still kept losing agro from them.

6 hours ago, FakeUser said:
12 hours ago, Higgings said:

At current state of things, I would not rely on a 2h weapon for such class; nowadays a 1h weap and a shield grant you a high damage output, sometimes even higher than a 2h weapon.

I meant only boss fights in dungeons and when you have 2 tanks in a pt while you aren't the tanking one.

Plus i wouldn't rely on that either. It's basically good to have for that extra bit higher damage output in the dungeons.

3 hours ago, Hapimonas said:

I meant only boss fights in dungeons and when you have 2 tanks in a pt while you aren't the tanking one.

Plus i wouldn't rely on that either. It's basically good to have for that extra bit higher damage output in the dungeons.

They could Valorize the usage of these weapons adding like a bonus damage if we use a 2h weapon. Almost like how they did with shields. We would sacrifice speed for the sake of the damage and it would also give tanks (or even seekers) a point on using 2h weapons if necessary. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Regnar said:

Hello, I'm a new dark knight, does secret secret build still work?

no secret reserve formula or how it work got changed 

now it increase your Health Regeneration Parameter instead of giving you a heal buff depending on your hp regen

it still work, but i guess not as good as it used to be

12 hours ago, Regnar said:

What specialist skills should I have being a tank for pve?

Read PvE build and Bonus armor build for more information

of course level up dark shield, and aura of hatred, also the new skill blood protection is really good

maybe secret reserve, but only if you have lot of hp regen.

get death call to aggro mobs in dungeons, and getting some levels in provocation wont hurt

maximizing your armor is an obvious thing to do, but don't neglect your damage

i hope i helped

love:love1:

its been over a year sense i made this guide, and lot of changes happened to death knight

i am trying to update the guide with all the crap they changed :cat7:

and adding the new skill to the mix

while also trying to clean it i guess, (i find it a messy guide)

its not the greatest guide, it could be done better...

even thou i don't play the game anymore i will update this guide as long as i can

for my fellow Knights out there

giphy.gif

Edited by FakeUser

• 3 months later...

welldone,bro

I play this profession by learning from your experience. I have gained a lot. Thank you.

i have a question:how much accuracy is needed for dk?i mean attack monster no miss?if monster lv28 or higher.

i look foraword for ur reply, thinks 

Edited by Higgings
Please, use normal sized letters

On 2/17/2019 at 9:47 AM, dk666 said:

welldone,bro

I play this profession by learning from your experience. I have gained a lot. Thank you.

i have a question:how much accuracy is needed for dk?i mean attack monster no miss?if monster lv28 or higher.

i look foraword for ur reply, thinks 

accuracy is really important in PvE or it dose for me, i have 30% accuracy which i find not enough :/, maybe i am going crazy from how much i miss my target, or maybe its my stupid luck, but accuracy its a good thing and getting around 20% or more is good.

for a dk whose build around life steal, missing is a big no no

sorry for my late replay i have no excuse :cry1:

Edited by FakeUser