Paladin Magic dmg skill-set

hexorcism

What is the best form of skill-set for a Magic dmg paladin at lvl 28? (2-handed primarely, but I'd be glad to hear if you have specific thoughts on 1-handed aswell).

I am just wondering about some stuff as I am coming closer to the higher levels on my Paladin.

For magic dmg Paladin do you put points in you Aura?

Does the damage over time from Purifying+Fetters increase with more skill-points and magic dmg?

What Expert skill do you max except for Banner. Illumination skill?

I guess I'm really asking for what skill-set you guys would use for in your Magic dmg paladins and Why.

Personally I am using 4 pts Puri, 4 pts Fetters, 5 pts heal, 4 pts Banner. (Lvl 23 atm, soon leveling up) :smile:

Depends on what you play, if you are more into PvP, then max banner and call, with max heal and fetters.

if you are more focued on dungeon and PvE then you you don't need points on call, you would rather have illumination.

If you are into both, I tried 3/4 Banner, Call, and illumination it worked pretty well on PvE and PvP, but you might deal less damage in PvE, and have less stun chance PvP.

5 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Depends on what you play, if you are more into PvP, then max banner and call, with max heal and fetters.

if you are more focued on dungeon and PvE then you you don't need points on call, you would rather have illumination.

If you are into both, I tried 3/4 Banner, Call, and illumination it worked pretty well on PvE and PvP, but you might deal less damage in PvE, and have less stun chance PvP.

I want a PvE Paladin, and how would you say I arrange the points for my basic skills then? 

59 minutes ago, hexorcism said:

I want a PvE Paladin, and how would you say I arrange the points for my basic skills then? 

Max fetter and heal are important. the remaining 2 skill points on Aura or Purifying, it is your choice, if you don't use 1handed or physical damage set at all, then I'd say better go 3/5 Aura. 

By the way I forgot to mention an important thing, if you don't have high defense and HP and life steal, going for 4/4 Illumination could get you killed in high level dungeons with many adds, because of the strong agro bonus. So I'd say do it 3/4 or 2/4 and spend more points on Harad Call. Otherwise you have to be good with using fetters and jump and kiting melee mobs, which comes with time and practice. 

Edited by Gladiator

14 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Max fetter and heal are important. the remaining 2 skill points on Aura or Purifying, it is your choice, if you don't use 1handed or physical damage set at all, then I'd say better go 3/5 Aura. 

By the way I forgot to mention an important thing, if you don't have high defense and HP and life steal, going for 4/4 Illumination could get you killed in high level dungeons with many adds, because of the strong agro bonus. So I'd say do it 3/4 or 2/4 and spend more points on Harad Call. Otherwise you have to be good with using fetters and jump and kiting melee mobs, which comes with time and practice. 

This is just what I needed to know, much appreciated good sir :drinks: