[2017.09.21] Testing Warspear Online client for WIndows Desktop

Daria

news_profilactic_works_660х360.png

Friends!

There is a new version of the game client that we'd like you to test.

In this beta-version of the Windows Desktop client:
* added fullscreen mode (may be changed by Alt+Enter or in the menu)
* improved windowed mode (you can now change the window size as you'd like)
* added in-game music

UPD new beta-client:
http://distr.warspear-online.com/distr/7.1.0/win32/beta/warspear.exe

* Fixed the bug with Alt+Tab in full screen mode
* Fixed the issue with CPU and performance

The game now uses OpenGL rendering, so make sure that you have the latest version of video driver installed. The minimum version is OpenGL 1.3, the recommended – OpenGL 3.0.

If there are any issue with how the game is displayed (for example, black screen of death), the game fails to launch or even crashes, please, provide us with the following information:

- model of you CPU

- model of your video card

- info about OpenGL driver from the game log (Warspear_systemlog.txt), these should be the lines like the following:

15:04:16.279 [GL INFO ] Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.94
15:04:16.281 [GL DEBUG] <GL_ARB_multitexture> extension supported
15:04:16.281 [GL DEBUG] <GL_ARB_multitexture> OpenGL version 1.3 supported

Install it, play and, please, report on any bugs and errors you experience!

We're waiting for your feedback!

2 minutes ago, Daria said:

Yeah, Warspear is finally in full screen. :yay:

Ikr :wow1:

fullscreenyay.png

Btw there is a problem I guess with small screen it is a little buggy and sometimes the screen goes full black when you move the window around.

There is definitely a problem with small windows, you can't minimize them, when you do, it pops up again to the screen. Same thing when you resize them, they either go full again or just black out the whole screen.

Damn. About time.

Hopefully this will be the first step towards much needed features, such as the ability to bind skills and function buttons to any key of your choice.

Let's not forget extra hotkey slots too.:pin8:

Edited by Munou

Hey guys, there is a new client for testing. Added it to the initial post.

Fixed the bug with Alt+Tab in full screen model and the issue with CPU and performance.

Is it me or this new client is updating player positions more often? Sometimes I see someone getting hit and immediately teleport (read: the player disappears from one place and appears on the position where he really is).

Now i can aim my circles on warlock where ppl actually are on my screen:happy:

On 9/21/2017 at 5:51 PM, Gladiator said:

There is definitely a problem with small windows, you can't minimize them, when you do, it pops up again to the screen. Same thing when you resize them, they either go full again or just black out the whole screen.

Can you describe the problem in details, please:

• What did you mean about "small windows" exactly: is it about non-maximized and non-fullscreen window?
  • Can you provide steps to reproduce the problem in next manner:

1. Open the game in fullscreen mode.
    2. Press Alt+Enter to exit fullscreen mode.
    3. Press minimize button on the game title bar.
    4. The window will minimize and then imideately gets restored.

• Please, provide me next details about your system:
    • Windows OS version
    • CPU model
    • GPU model

2 hours ago, nabnecro said:

Is it me or this new client is updating player positions more often? Sometimes I see someone getting hit and immediately teleport (read: the player disappears from one place and appears on the position where he really is).

Did you update beta-client using this link: http://distr.warspear-online.com/distr/7.1.0/win32/beta/warspear.exe ?

1 minute ago, Brock said:

Did you update beta-client using this link: http://distr.warspear-online.com/distr/7.1.0/win32/beta/warspear.exe ?

No, it was the first client made available on this thread. But the behavior  I described there is an improvement over the past clients because it looks like the real positioning of players are displayed more consistently on the screen.

1 hour ago, FakeUser said:

remove aspect ratio

What is the problem with aspect ratio?

It is limited to suitable value. So it's unable to get extra-wide (horizontal) or extra-thin (vertical) client's window.

3 minutes ago, Brock said:

What is the problem with aspect ratio?

It is limited to suitable value. So it's unable to get extra-wide (horizontal) or extra-thin (vertical) client's window.

By stretching the screen to occupy the entire horizontal arena, we lose a couple of visibility on what's happening up and down. Currently some skills have 7 yards range (with relic), which means we should be able to see what is happening exactly 7 yards up or 7 yards down to be able to target any player in that range.

Theres problem after i closed show help it still shows help pop-up to me. After i do Alt+Tab and back to game i need do Alt+Enter or  need apply Full Screen in settings to back Full screen even i do that before Alt+Tab. Theres no any voice from game too. The only good thing is i can resize size of screen.

My system info Windows 10 SL 64 bit

CPU: i7 4700mq

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M

32 minutes ago, nabnecro said:

By stretching the screen to occupy the entire horizontal arena, we lose a couple of visibility on what's happening up and down. Currently some skills have 7 yards range (with relic), which means we should be able to see what is happening exactly 7 yards up or 7 yards down to be able to target any player in that range.

It's exactly what I'm talking about. Extra-wide window is useless (see attached screenshot), this is why the aspect ratio is limited. And this limit is always fit for any of aspect ratios for any of existing displays (monitors).

extra_wide.jpg

Edited by Brock

2 hours ago, Raislin said:

Now i can aim my circles on warlock where ppl actually are on my screen:happy:

Now wlocks hit everytime=rip everyone

47 minutes ago, Brock said:

Can you describe the problem in details, please:

• What did you mean about "small windows" exactly: is it about non-maximized and non-fullscreen window?
  • Can you provide steps to reproduce the problem in next manner:

• Please, provide me next details about your system:
    • Windows OS version
    • CPU model
    • GPU model

1- I just meant with small windows non-full screen window.

2- That's exactly what happens. Everytime you minimize the game screen it pops up again.

1. Open the game in full-screen mode.
2. Press Alt+Enter to exit full-screen mode.
3. Press minimize button on the game title bar.
4. The window will minimize and then immediately gets restored.

And also:

1. Open the game in full-screen mode.
2. Press Alt+Enter to exit full-screen mode.
3. Change the size of the window manually by dragging from the window sides or by pressing "Restore down" on the title bar.
4. The window will get maximized on its own after some time, and the screen goes black.

3- PC info:

Windows 10

CPU: Intel Core i7, 2.5 GHz

GPU: Idk where to find :panda7:

Cool and all but this doesn't work for me (black screen/closing).

Laptop is using an older Intel chipset so OpenGL is 1.1 and even though supports higher Intel doesn't have a Windows 8 driver available only a Windows 7 which there's no telling if it will be fully compatible, so please do a release for older systems if this is to replace everything or support an earlier OpenGL :D

13 hours ago, nabnecro said:

No, it was the first client made available on this thread. But the behavior  I described there is an improvement over the past clients because it looks like the real positioning of players are displayed more consistently on the screen.

you mean screen bugs are gone? :panda1:

17 hours ago, Brock said:

It's exactly what I'm talking about. Extra-wide window is useless (see attached screenshot), this is why the aspect ratio is limited. And this limit is always fit for any of aspect ratios for any of existing displays (monitors).

extra_wide.jpg

The forum is growing always more. Welcome to the new Admin :pin3:

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

Still experiencing screen bugs.

This bug well hunt the existing of every warspear player till death

I can't create Elf/Chosen characters in US-Sapphire, is this a result of this update? It says "There are too many heroes of the selected faction in this game realm. Select either another hero from another faction or another game realm". I don't even have any elf/chosen on US-sapphire. I only have a hunter.

1 hour ago, hexorcism said:

I can't create Elf/Chosen characters in US-Sapphire, is this a result of this update? It says "There are too many heroes of the selected faction in this game realm. Select either another hero from another faction or another game realm". I don't even have any elf/chosen on US-sapphire. I only have a hunter.

The Sentinel's faction on US-Sapphire is over populated and therefore you can only create Legion characters on that server.