Dear devs, root is not a silence. ;)

Ghostv

5 hours ago, Morgana said:

Nowhere in the skill's description is written that root is for use against melees only... that it shouldn't be useful against ranged attackers is your opinion only and has nothing to do with the "wrong" skill's name or that roots should disable movement only xD

:love1:

Do you want the skills to come with tips? Use this against this and things like that? XD I assume you've never played a real PVP game. 

That's ok. They won't change it, cause this whole game is bugged. All I wanted to say is that in every pvp game that I've played, when you're rooted, you can still auto attack and use skills, but it's different here. Like, I'm not favoring MCs, but every one is saying : "Huh, you want to nerf elves, then nerf this fromm MCs". I'm not someone that hate elves. I don't have a long time playing. I just thought it wasn't fair to be unable to use shield and heal while rooted. But, yeah, if there's unfair thing in both sides, that's ok. It's a braindead pvp. Just amp +10 and kill who has lowers amps or make a Warlock and full control your opponent with unpredictable skills and say you're better than them. I got this, they won't change anything. SORRY FOR BOTHERING. :bye:

I wish i knew why are stuns so messed up in this game, maybe they all are coded in a different way within the game and by dev's mistake some are different than others, maybe it just wrong names and descriptions due translation errors or "missnaming", or even devs just dont want us to know this information properly, who knows, they do it alot.

And btw, you guys should check out my suggestion about broken stun cycles. A "temporary stun reduction" stat that would balance broken stun chains without cutting the legs of players who can do well timed combos.

3 hours ago, wyrm said:

A "temporary stun reduction" stat that would balance broken stun chains without cutting the legs of players who can do well timed combos.

Define, please, who can do well timed combos and who is rated as "Unfair stuns-chainer". Isn't any stun chain a combo of skills casted in a good time? I will never get why you guys want to penalize players who use statistics in their build. It ain't that easy to chain stun: Locks need to be aware of the position bug 24/7 everytime they pvp. One mistake will bring him, at 80%, to his death. Deathknight must pray that Sharp Shadow does not fail, and so does Druid with his Song. Charmer now needs to calculate the timing spent during which he must spam skills in order to activate his Knowledge. Leave a free gap in this, and you will most prolly die. Not to count that their Oppression must necessairly not be Parried or Dodged, in order to chain-stun. Same story for Hunters, or actually worse, since their stuns can be Dodged. 

Ain't easy. And a good idea can be yes a passive statistic which allows to avoid stuns, but this passive statistic shall not increase in Percentage matters. I advised something like this, if you scroll up, for every class. Perhaps I may make a separate topic about that and see what will be players' opinion. 

We will see...

Edited by Higgings

36 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Define, please, who can do well timed combos and who is rated as "Unfair stuns-chainer". Isn't any stun chain combo of skills casted in a good time? I will never get why you guys want to penalize players who use statistics in their build. It ain't that easy to chain stun: Locks need to be aware of the position bug 24/7 everytime they pvp. One mistake will bring him, at 80%, to his death. Deathknight must pray that Sharp Shadow does not fail, and so does Druid with his Song. Charmer now needs to calculate the timing spent during which he must spam skills in order to activate his Knowledge. Leave a free gap in this, and you will most prolly die. Not to count that their Oppression must necessairly not be Parried or Dodged, in order to chain-stun. Same story for Hunters, or actually worse, since their stuns can be Dodged. 

Ain't easy. And a good idea can be yes a passive statistic which allows to avoid stuns, but this passive statistic shall not increase in Percentage matters. I advised something like this, if you scroll up, for every class. Perhaps I may make a separate topic about that and see what will be players' opinion. 

We will see...

Take a look on my topic, this stat will give players a fast decaying "stun reduction" stat that will make following stuns less effective, caped at a 64% reduction, it will not break stun combos, but will not allow players to be perma stuned for an entire fight. Just check the topic, everything is explained there.

And such skills curves like this in the game are not health, "oh he can almost perma stun someone a entire fight, but he learned it and its hard so its fair", dont work that way.

2 hours ago, wyrm said:

"oh he can almost perma stun someone a entire fight, but he learned it and its hard so its fair", dont work that way.

It's clear we have different ideas here. I see nothing wrong with who uses stats in game and learned to use a class enough to counter its enemy. He is using items in game, things that all of you can use. So my question still stays: "Why not?" 

I've read your topic. I agree, but in my opinion the chance of avoiding a stun cannot increase. A class like bladedancer counts on a stunner missing its stuns, and can counter the opponent with 1 combo once he gets the opportunity. 

Would still be unfair.

Edited by Higgings

2 hours ago, Ghostv said:

Do you want the skills to come with tips? Use this against this and things like that? XD I assume you've never played a real PVP game. 

Define a 'real PvP game'. Warspear is what it is and it's not one of your 'real PvP games'. If you can't handle ONE damn skill of one goddamn class then quit already and go back to your other games which apparently are so much better than warspear.

Dude, seriously...

8 hours ago, Aкasha said:

Dear, I highly doubt any Dev is going to answer your topic, I'm sorry. But thank you for contributing by making the Forum active. Good luck!

I don't even think they have ever looked on Suggestions thread. It's like: "Cry here, byatches! We don't care!"

19 hours ago, Higgings said:

You pick up 2 classes which need 2 different builds in PvP and PvE xd. A ( Decent ) PvE dk cannot absolutely go in arena. As well as a ( Decent ) PvP dk cannot tank mobs properly in dungeons. Unless he is not the tank, but is carried by a PvE tank in his party. I would have put bds in the list instead, since their build is the same for every kind of fight they do ( PvP and PvE ). Few are the ones who select "Parry" or "Taunt" or "Sap" instead of "Flash Strike". 

that's what I'm tryin to say xd

some classes (like druids and DKs) have option to choose either PvE or PvP build,

while some classes mostly stuck only with one choice of build (warlock stuck at PvP build, mage stuck at PvE build, etc.)

9 hours ago, Higgings said:

It's clear we have different ideas here. I see nothing wrong with who uses stats in game and learned to use a class enough to counter its enemy. He is using items in game, things that all of you can use. So my question still stays: "Why not?" 

I've read your topic. I agree, but in my opinion the chance of avoiding a stun cannot increase. A class like bladedancer counts on a stunner missing its stuns, and can counter the opponent with 1 combo once he gets the opportunity. 

Would still be unfair.

I don't think you have to learn how to permanently stun an enemy, I am a pretty unexperienced warlock user, yet I can do it by pressing skills in the correct order.

To @Ghostv: I see your point but unfortunately this game is far from perfect, despite it's turning 10 next year, a lot of the basic elements are heavily unbalanced. They were not looked after in the past years, changing them now would turn the game from the inside to out.

1 minute ago, BennyBT said:

I don't think you have to learn how to permanently stun an enemy, I am a pretty unexperienced warlock user, yet I can do it by pressing skills in the correct order.

The correct order still is something you see and then learn. And there will be a high probability to miss a stun or lack of a bit of timing to cast the next stun, if you are still newbie on it. Chain-stun is not simply spamming skills. Sorry, but this is my modest opinion.

Nerf every class then :pin8:

+10 Bds killin 99% of locks within 1 combo (IF THEY START), no matter if maxed dmg or maxed "stun build", but but.. we know bd sucks vs some classes... Even lock, charmer, some ppl complain when they do 1 missclick in pvp and enemy does 0 = not a real reason to make "nerf pls" topics... Also, as you can see, locks can't use these immunity/sleep relics, which is compared to stun somehow, wardens can use it on 2 skills, druid can bd can, also they all got immunity relic to use :pin8:puuuuuuuuuke:pin8:

On 08/08/2017 at 9:05 AM, Higgings said:

The correct order still is something you see and then learn. And there will be a high probability to miss a stun or lack of a bit of timing to cast the next stun, if you are still newbie on it. Chain-stun is not simply spamming skills. Sorry, but this is my modest opinion.

There's nothing to apologize for :)

I didn't say chain stun is just spamming skills, but it's spamming skills with perfect timing and in the right order. 

Perfect timing is the thing that needs real life skills. Not everyone has the good reflexes, thus not everyone can use a warlock properly. 

42 minutes ago, BennyBT said:

it's spamming skills with perfect timing and in the right order. 

Perfect timing is the thing that needs real life skills.

This is what I am trying to explain :fool:

43 minutes ago, Higgings said:

This is what I am trying to explain :fool:

And if you read my original comment, that's exactly what I wrote :D

Maybe change root so that you are allowed to use only 1 skill when on it's effect. With this change, it would still be useful for kitting melees but at the same time, people caught on it still has a chance to survive by using a defensive skill. I mean root is a basic skill with 5 yard range that can immediately win the fight (it can lead to infinite stun in case of 1v1 or quick death in case they have a BD on their team). And please don't start with "it's hard to cycle stuns". Everyone and their grandma can cycle stuns, it's not even hard, if you think that is something hard to do you must suck at video games in general.

Edited by nabnecro

9 minutes ago, nabnecro said:

And please don't start with "it's hard to cycle stuns". Everyone and their grandma can cycle stuns, it's not even hard, if you think that is something hard to do you must suck at video games in general.

I was gonna say that. People still think cycling stuns is hard, where literally every Warlock/DK that I fought cycles with same order with the same way, and I know that they are new players at their class. Maybe timing skills was hard when there wasn't too many stuns as now and before Cooldown enchants were a thing when you needed to stun just before they use a certain skill by counting cooldown seconds.

Regarding topic: I don't really care what other games have as mechanics for the roots or stuns, but I just see that Druid is not balanced, therefore a stun needs to be nerfed, be it roots or another skill. And the idea that roots shouldn't silence makes sense, it must only root them to not be able to move or use jump skills. Even if with nerfing its silence they increased the duration since it would be just a movement disable, it would be fine. Tanks are getting more op every update anyway.

1 hour ago, nabnecro said:

Maybe change root so that you are allowed to use only 1 skill when on it's effect. With this change, it would still be useful for kitting melees but at the same time, people caught on it still has a chance to survive by using a defensive skill. I mean root is a basic skill with 5 yard range that can immediately win the fight (it can lead to infinite stun in case of 1v1 or quick death in case they have a BD on their team). And please don't start with "it's hard to cycle stuns". Everyone and their grandma can cycle stuns, it's not even hard, if you think that is something hard to do you must suck at video games in general.

Same can be said for shamans blind (i hate this), necro sleep and so forth with the range they have, this is about druids so i'll keep it there but there's a problem with all off those skills when against 1 or worse 2 of those classes you are turned into a puppet unable to evade the controlling effects or even move.

Suggested before either make 'ranged' controlling effect skills adhere to the dodge parameter the same way every melee attack is affected by it and parry e.g. hamstring, merciless strike, blah blah and/or change those controlling effects of druid/priest/shaman/necro/etc to a shorter range (2 yards) so they are more defensive and not an offensive skill used from miles away that's cycled.

5 minutes ago, Winter said:

Same can be said for shamans blind (i hate this), necro sleep and so forth with the range they have, this is about druids so i'll keep it there but there's a problem with all off those skills when against 1 or worse 2 of those classes you are turned into a puppet unable to evade the controlling effects or even move.

Suggested before either make 'ranged' controlling effect skills adhere to the dodge parameter the same way every melee attack is affected by it and parry e.g. hamstring, merciless strike, blah blah and/or change those controlling effects of druid/priest/shaman/necro/etc to a shorter range (2 yards) so they are more defensive and not an offensive skill used from miles away that's cycled.

They are ***ranged*** classes,it means they can root/stun or whatever from a distance...i would understand those 2 yards for a melee class but for ranged? Nah. Oh and dont make it even more worse for necromancers please,they are a piece of paper even at this very moment. Cheers!

Meant to give the skills a chance to be avoided atm correct me if i'm wrong here but they don't miss at all.

Edit: I dont have much of an issue with necros at least their sleep breaks if hit

Edited by Winter

3 hours ago, nabnecro said:

Maybe change root so that you are allowed to use only 1 skill when on it's effect.

Why? And which skill, if yes? A stunning one? Making roots totally useless this way. 

3 hours ago, nabnecro said:

And please don't start with "it's hard to cycle stuns". Everyone and their grandma can cycle stuns, it's not even hard, if you think that is something hard to do you must suck at video games in general.

I feel lucky we have pros like you in game then. But, as you may know, not everybody is that talented as you are, so someone might feel the need to practice before doing it perfectly. But after all, what matters? Someone who sucks at games spoke, do not give me too much importance dude :)

2 hours ago, Winter said:

Same can be said for shamans blind (i hate this),

Shaman blind works, yes, as a "Stun", but has a little collateral effect: increases the enemy's dodge. So basically you cannot unleash your attacks like Totem or Earthquake without risking to miss them. 

The rest, @Metamorphine gave a good enough answer. 

Edited by Higgings

6 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

What talent? xD 

Give me a class with expert skills and I can "master" it in one week.

Not everybody has the same ability in using a class. 

And not for this reason they can be rated as noobs. 

3 hours ago, Winter said:

Bad examples, nightmare ends when someone attacks you and blind has shorter duration and makes people move often away from the fight. It's not like root when all your team has to do is click on the target who got rooted and get an easy kill.

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Why? And which skill, if yes? A stunning one? Making roots totally useless this way. 

I feel lucky we have pros like you in game then. But, as you may know, not everybody is that talented as you are, so someone might feel the need to practice before doing it perfectly. But after all, what matters? Someone who sucks at games spoke, do not give me too much importance dude :)

There is a thing in the game called skill range, as long as you keep the maximum distance no one will hit you, necro nightmare is 4 yards, BD hamstring is 2 yards, etc. So you would still get to control them, but at the same time, they could still protect themselves from a BD for example who has a 2 yard stun and can kill you in 2 or 3 hits. The problem with root is that in current meta, it's very easy to use and can win you the fight with minimal effort.

And about the second half of your quoting, developers should balance the game keeping in mind the players will play their characters at the most optimal way possible. 

BD hamstring is 2 yards

Supposed to be. Yet they seem to get me sometimes from 5 or even 6 yards. Idiots.

1 hour ago, BennyBT said:

Supposed to be. Yet they seem to get me sometimes from 5 or even 6 yards. Idiots.

That's called screen bug, happens to the best of us.

And the funny part is that position bug is ignored by devs. No, it's not our internet's fault, even if you have a perfect connection, there are some ways to induce it and take advantage of it. It's kinda part of the game at this point and we have to accept it, it is one more aspect of the game that weakens classes with area of effect skills. I mean, how many times a necromancer or lock died because their skills missed? How many times they dies for it? A single position desync in arena is enough to make a warlock or necromancer player lose.

And the funny part is that position bug is ignored by devs. No, it's not our internet's fault, even if you have a perfect connection, there are some ways to induce it and take advantage of it. It's kinda part of the game at this point and we have to accept it, it is one more aspect of the game that weakens classes with area of effect skills. I mean, how many times a necromancer or lock died because their skills missed? How many times they dies for it? A single position desync in arena is enough to make a warlock or necromancer player lose.

Exactly, I have buttperfect connection at home, yet positioning bug is present all the time.

2 hours ago, nabnecro said:

That's also why playing a lock is not that easy. And said it too in one of my previous comments

"Abusing" screen bugs is one of the only ways to beat a lock in pvp if he starts though. I have learnt to play with them and the bugs dont bother me that much anymore.

Not to mention in dungeons like Kronus where you get hit by so many ads, your screen shows that you are on the crossing, but when you relog you see that you are 20 steps away.

It might sound unrealistic but I think one way to fix it is to make normal attacks don't slow characters. I think they made bleed like that so it doesn't cause as much screen bugs.

28 minutes ago, Zurp said:

"Abusing" screen bugs is one of the only ways to beat a lock in pvp if he starts though. I have learnt to play with them and the bugs dont bother me that much anymore.

Ye, I use it in arena to catch runners in circular maps. :pfftch1:

Edited by Gladiator

9 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Ye, I use it in arena to catch runners in circular maps. :pfftch1:

(._.)/ so do I, I multied vs my rogue, funny who still says it's about net xd  realized even if I spam dodge from distance it slows my rogue speed and after x time goes to different way to catch the runner :pin1:

On 7.8.2017 at 3:19 AM, Gladiator said:

There is something definitely broken about stuns in this game. Druids, Deathknights, Warlocks, and now Charmers and Hunters (3/4 of them are Legions lol) have the ability to fully cycle stun enemies, and it should be fixed.

3/4 that seems like 4/5 to me :biggrin: