Dear devs, root is not a silence. ;)

Ghostv

First of all, I know the game is yours and you make whatever you want with the skills, but there are kind of rules to a fair pvp about crowd controls. Roots are intended to prevent movement skills, not every skill. It is just to immobilize the target, as you can see here on this Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_control_(video_gaming)#Types_of_crowd_control. On the first topic says this about roots: "Root/Snare - immobilizes character while allowing all other actions to occur". I'm really tilted about the Druid root right now. That's why I'm asking it to be changed. As a lvl 16 weak Necromancer, I just wanna be able to use my shield and heal while I'm  rooted, because this is the way a root should work to be fair for the opponent. The current root Druids have is called stun. At least try to make a fair pvp, please.

Edited by Ghostv

There is something definitely broken about stuns in this game. Druids, Deathknights, Warlocks, and now Charmers and Hunters (3/4 of them are Legions lol) have the ability to fully cycle stun enemies, and it should be fixed.

If druid is nerfed then sentinels won't have any full stunner anymore? :forever_alone:

It's unfair when some classes can be extremely good at PvE and PvP with right build (like druids and DKs), while some classes are stuck with one choice only.

Like Warlock and probably Charmers who mostly stuck at PvP, because too many stun/PvP skill and less PvE skill

or mage, seeker, priest who stuck to PvE, because lack of stun/PvP skill and too many PvE skill.

While classes who good at PvE and PvP can enjoy both experience, just need to change their skill builds.

:pokerface_2:

Controls like root/nightmare/song/circle and all stun effects.. should be able to be resisted by innate% based on race/class or rolling stat vs target stat in some formula. or a combination of both.

we could easily assign a 'proficience' stat or parameter for each class when a success or fail would be calculated. The higher this parameter the higher your chance would be of evading such controls. what's a good range for this.. idk. ~30% chance to evade at high end stat numbers..?

a druid's magic power and skill level vs a rogue's dodge to determine a successful root..

a charmer's accuracy and skill level vs a bladedancer's dexterity to determine success with oppression

and so on.. 

ya, ya, warspear not designed for 1v1 pvp lick my balls.

just feelin the same here..

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

it should be fixed.

50 minutes ago, Hamstring said:

Controls like root/nightmare/song/circle and all stun effects.. should be able to be resisted by innate% based on race/class or rolling stat vs target stat in some formula. or a combination of both.

we could easily assign a 'proficience' stat or parameter for each class when a success or fail would be calculated. The higher this parameter the higher your chance would be of evading such controls. what's a good range for this.. idk. ~30% chance to evade at high end stat numbers..?

a druid's magic power and skill level vs a rogue's dodge to determine a successful root..

a charmer's accuracy and skill level vs a bladedancer's dexterity to determine success with oppression

and so on.. 

Regardless of 1v1, stunning a character with continually no spaces between each stun is just broken.

No, root is completely not a stun, it only mobilizes opponent. Even, it is sometimes useless against ranged ._.

P.S. I got myself 2druids atm, with both 5/5 roots

Edited by Madeleine

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

There is something definitely broken about stuns in this game. Druids, Deathknights, Warlocks, and now Charmers and Hunters (3/4 of them are Legions lol) have the ability to fully cycle stun enemies, and it should be fixed.

Yes, that's truth. Sorry if it looked like I'm favoring MCs. Cycle stuns shouldn't exist at all, doesn't matter the faction. Being able to turn your enemy into a dummy is really broken. I think the solution is simple: reduce all the stun times or increase the cooldown of all skills with stuns.

7 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

No, root is completely not a stun, it only mobilizes opponent. Even, it is sometimes useless against ranged ._.

Only immobilizes the opponent? Will you tell me it doesn't silences too? Make a MC char and ask someone to root you with this skill, you can't use any skill during the "root". Ok, it's not a stun, but it isn't a root neither. Root immobilizes you, but you can use skills if they're not moviment skills.

3 hours ago, Gladiator said:

This, make those skills at least avoidable.

30 minutes ago, Ghostv said:

Only immobilizes the opponent? Will you tell me it doesn't silences too? Make a MC char and ask someone to root you with this skill, you can't use any skill during the "root". Ok, it's not a stun, but it isn't a root neither. Root immobilizes you, but you can use skills if they're not moviment skills.

it's immobilize and we can say 'disable'. not everybody uses the right terms but madeleine knows this.

stun is stun. full on yer ducked. circle, charge, oppress..

immobilize/bind. root, trap, chains..

disable/silence. fetters, root.. 

54 minutes ago, Ghostv said:

I got many chars, not only druid, n i got a rogue too, ik it well, and as Hamstring said. 

It only immobilizes u, so that u can still use skills.

Edited by Cheryl

2 hours ago, Cheryl said:

You also can use potions and autoattack while rooted, on most MC stuns you cant autoattack or use potion

1 hour ago, Cheryl said:

I got many chars, not only druid, n i got a rogue too, ik it well, and as Hamstring said. 

Then why did I make this post? As a necromancer I can't use my shield or heal. 

Holy sh*t. The only reason I made this post is because this sh*t roots and silences. I can't ducking use my shield or heal. If it doesn't happen to other classes, then it's just the necromancer that gets silenced. Everybody is telling me it doesn't silences. So, make a necromancer and test this sh*t. I play on PC and I keep pressing the shield key and clicking my character, It is silenced. -_____-

40 minutes ago, Ghostv said:

Holy sh*t. The only reason I made this post is because this sh*t roots and silences. I can't ducking use my shield or heal. If it doesn't happen to other classes, then it's just the necromancer that gets silenced. Everybody is telling me it doesn't silences. So, make a necromancer and test this sh*t. I play on PC and I keep pressing the shield key and clicking my character, It is silenced. -_____-

root = bind and disable

i don't think anybody disagreeing with this?

1 hour ago, Hamstring said:

root = bind and disable

i don't think anybody disagreeing with this?

"It only immobilizes u, so that u can still use skills". The mod said

Root is basically the same as fear, it stuns your enemy and disables the ability to use a skill. Also, Warlocks have a stun which disables movement and the ability to use skills for more than one person. So please, before you cry about the Druid's skill, cry about the Warlocks first :advise:

10 hours ago, Ghostv said:

The current root Druids have is called stun

No, the druid's root is called "Disabling Skill"; It still allows you to attack the opponent

8 hours ago, Jzargo said:

It's unfair when some classes can be extremely good at PvE and PvP with right build (like druids and DKs), while some classes are stuck with one choice only.

You pick up 2 classes which need 2 different builds in PvP and PvE xd. A ( Decent ) PvE dk cannot absolutely go in arena. As well as a ( Decent ) PvP dk cannot tank mobs properly in dungeons. Unless he is not the tank, but is carried by a PvE tank in his party. I would have put bds in the list instead, since their build is the same for every kind of fight they do ( PvP and PvE ). Few are the ones who select "Parry" or "Taunt" or "Sap" instead of "Flash Strike". 

or mage, seeker, priest who stuck to PvE, because lack of stun/PvP skill and too many PvE skill.

Here again you spoke about Hybrid Classes. PvP is not only the possession of a stun in a class' skill, but how good can you use your skills against a player. This is the whole meaning of the PvP. Even locks can somehow be good in Techno, but in my modest opinion, they are the same of Bladedancers: 1 build for everything. This is something I would change. The only thing.

8 hours ago, Hamstring said:

and so on.. 

At first, when I saw this, I was thinking "What the hell! :get-out-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:". But reading it again and again I realized instead to like this idea. Something like a new Passive Skill ( which every class have: 4% damage - Firstborns, +3 Energy Regen - Forsakens, +4% Hps - Mountain Clans, +10% Energy - Chosens ) which gives the class a little chance to resist to some skills. Like Forsakens, dead characters and masters of dark powers, have got the 3% of chance to absorb*  1 attack only from their enemies, or Firsrtborn have got the 3% of chance to avoid 1 control skill and so on. Something like this. Everybody is happy and who knows, in the future we may have equipments who increases such chances, since the guild castles items ought to be "Totally new and unique items, even capable to affect the party you go with with its Statistics"

*Gain Hps from 1 attack

Edited by Higgings
Forgot to add the "*" meaning.

1 minute ago, Morgana said:

Root is basically the same as fear, it stuns your enemy and disables the ability to use a skill. Also, Warlocks have a stun which disables movement and the ability to use skills for more than one person. So please, before you cry about the Druid's skill, cry about the Warlocks first :advise:

You didn't get the point. I'm not "crying" about the elves only. If the warlocks do this with a skill that's a root, I think it should be changed. I'm not favoring a side here. The problem is the ability, if it's a root, it shouldn't silence. But as I said in the beginning, if the devs thinks this is how a root works, ok then. But it's not. In every pvp game I played roots only silences movement skills.

5 minutes ago, Ghostv said:

You didn't get the point. I'm not "crying" about the elves only. If the warlocks do this with a skill that's a root, I think it should be changed. I'm not favoring a side here. The problem is the ability, if it's a root, it shouldn't silence. But as I said in the beginning, if the devs thinks this is how a root works, ok then. But it's not. In every pvp game I played roots only silences movement skills.

So you are saying they should change the name of the skill to something else so it wouldnt be a root? Devs should change forest "song" to a random emote with sound with this logic.

4 hours ago, Cheryl said:

you're thinking of punitive roots livi ya? because i got really high number of lost pvp as poor necro tangled up in vine unable to heal xD

11 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Root is basically the same as fear, it stuns your enemy and disables the ability to use a skill. 

this is kind of incorrect, in both we're unable to use skills but root and fear very different.. neither stun, one binds and disable/silence the other is control

12 minutes ago, Higgings said:

At first, when I saw this, I was thinking "What the hell! :get-out-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:". But reading it again and again I realized instead to like this idea. Something like a new Passive Skill ( which every class have: 4% damage - Firstborns, +3 Energy Regen - Forsakens, +4% Hps - Mountain Clans, +10% Energy - Chosens ) which gives the class a little chance to resist to some skills. Like Forsakens, dead characters and masters of dark powers, have got the 3% of chance to absorb*  1 attack only from their enemies, or Firsrtborn have got the 3% of chance to avoid 1 control skill and so on. Something like this. Everybody is happy and who knows, in the future we may have equipments who increases such chances, since the guild castles items ought to be "Totally new and unique items, even capable to affect the party you go with with its Statistics"

yes! forsaken can dream of a decent race specific passive!

Just now, Zurp said:

So you are saying they should change the name of the skill to something else so it wouldnt be a root? Devs should change forest "song" to a random emote with sound with this logic.

No. Not the name, but the skill. If it's a root and not a stun, there are reasons. Like the necro's Nightmare skill, it disables you, but you can't suffer damage and there's a reason to it. I'm just saying the skill is doing two things, rooting and silencing what's the same thing as stunning. If the enemy can keep auto attacking, idk, because I die without doing anything. 

Developers claim Warspear isn't a 1v1 oriented game. So yeah. Also there are no general rules about skills, that wiki describes that stuff as it mostly or usualy works. You are also comparing a necro with a druid, a druid isn't the elf side necro, it's the priest, and works similiary to a necro.

I'm in favour of changing the skill's name then if it makes you happy instead of changing a basic skill which has been like that this since always and no one ever complained about a problem with it. If you can use skills while you are rooted then I wanna use skills while I'm stunned by Nightmare.

As Raezer said, this would end up with everyone having the priest skill lel.

@Hamstring those skills kinda are the same. One makes you unable to move, the other one makes you unable to move as well, just in a different way. And both disable skills.

Edited by Morgana

27 minutes ago, Ghostv said:

No. Not the name, but the skill. If it's a root and not a stun, there are reasons. Like the necro's Nightmare skill, it disables you, but you can't suffer damage and there's a reason to it. I'm just saying the skill is doing two things, rooting and silencing what's the same thing as stunning. If the enemy can keep auto attacking, idk, because I die without doing anything. 

yes auto swing continues under root.

..and anyway doubtful root will change unless it's something decided to nerf druid cycle.. who knows. it's always been this way and I think only tweaked once for duration?

10 minutes ago, Cheryl said:

So, root does silent aka disable? 

Well my fault by then, for me it is useful againsts melees only

It is useful if you want to distance your ranged enemy in order to heal yourself and then fight him again*

*Also defined as "Kiting"

First of all, I know the game is yours and you make whatever you want with the skills, but there are kind of rules to a fair pvp about crowd controls. Roots are intended to prevent movement skills, not every skill. It is just to immobilize the target, as you can see here on this Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_control_(video_gaming)#Types_of_crowd_control. On the first topic says this about roots: "Root/Snare - immobilizes character while allowing all other actions to occur".

#1: wiki is trash. Being that anyone can edit those pages, a lot of times, and I mean a LOT of times, they have wrong information, or not enough information to make a claim. The Dragon Ball wiki, for example, has a TON of false information, contradictions, etc etc... so much that whenever casual fans try to use it as a source, they are immediately discredited by the hardcore fans. There are some good wikis out there, but also a lot of terrible ones. 

#2: This wiki page is mostly referring to games like WoW, LoL, etc. I guess it would make sense to try to have an universal "dictionary" for MMOs and have somewhat of an MMO lingo, but nothing here is concrete. This is not a rule book and it doesn't set any laws that every MMO must follow.

I'm really tilted about the Druid root right now. That's why I'm asking it to be changed. As a lvl 16 weak Necromancer, I just wanna be able to use my shield and heal while I'm  rooted, because this is the way a root should work to be fair for the opponent. The current root Druids have is called stun. At least try to make a fair pvp, please.

Actually, a "stunned" enemy is unable to attack at all, while Entangling Roots allows the target to use normal attacks. The term "silence" usually means that the character will be unable to use any spells/skills (because they are unable to speak), but they can still do everything else. Therefore, in Warspear Online, Entangling Roots as a dual effect of "silence" + "immobilization". The target cannot move or use skills, but can still attack. A "stunned" enemy will be "disabled" (can't attack or use items), "immobilized" (can't move) AND "silenced" (can't use skills). Roots does not stun.

6 hours ago, Metamorphine said:

This would mean to change the whole skill mechanics and add talent trees,otherwise i guess its impossible.

What? skill trees? Where?

10 hours ago, Gladiator said:

If druid is nerfed then sentinels won't have any full stunner anymore? 

this sums it up. I'm not even a druid but yea if druid is nerfed every class Gladiator mentioned needs nerf  :pin6:

besides they do need nerf even if druid is not nerfed :dunno:

40 minutes ago, Mecha said:

#1: wiki is trash. Being that anyone can edit those pages, a lot of times, and I mean a LOT of times, they have wrong information, or not enough information to make a claim. The Dragon Ball wiki, for example, has a TON of false information, contradictions, etc etc... so much that whenever casual fans try to use it as a source, they are immediately discredited by the hardcore fans. There are some good wikis out there, but also a lot of terrible ones. 

#2: This wiki page is mostly referring to games like WoW, LoL, etc. I guess it would make sense to try to have an universal "dictionary" for MMOs and have somewhat of an MMO lingo, but nothing here is concrete. This is not a rule book and it doesn't set any laws that every MMO must follow.

Actually, a "stunned" enemy is unable to attack at all, while Entangling Roots allows the target to use normal attacks. The term "silence" usually means that the character will be unable to use any spells/skills (because they are unable to speak), but they can still do everything else. Therefore, in Warspear Online, Entangling Roots as a dual effect of "silence" + "immobilization". The target cannot move or use skills, but can still attack. A "stunned" enemy will be "disabled" (can't attack or use items), "immobilized" (can't move) AND "silenced" (can't use skills). Roots does not stun.

That's what I meant by saying they do whatever they want with the skills. There's no rule they need to follow, but to make it fair, I think they should follow this rule. I don't think it's fair to be killed without any chances of defending myself. I just think I should be able to heal or shield while "rooted". About the Wikipedia page, it's just a complement, because I've played a lot of pvp games where roots are as the page describes.

2 hours ago, Raezer said:

Developers claim Warspear isn't a 1v1 oriented game. So yeah. Also there are no general rules about skills, that wiki describes that stuff as it mostly or usualy works. You are also comparing a necro with a druid, a druid isn't the elf side necro, it's the priest, and works similiary to a necro.

I'm to comparing Necro with Druid, only the skills.

2 hours ago, Morgana said:

I'm in favour of changing the skill's name then if it makes you happy instead of changing a basic skill which has been like that this since always and no one ever complained about a problem with it. If you can use skills while you are rooted then I wanna use skills while I'm stunned by Nightmare.

As Raezer said, this would end up with everyone having the priest skill lel.

@Hamstring those skills kinda are the same. One makes you unable to move, the other one makes you unable to move as well, just in a different way. And both disable skills.

This is not about the name, but the function. This skill should be only to keep melee attackers away, since they need to get close to you. It should be useless against any ranged attacker. But the problem is, it is being good against  both. You can't suffer damage while in nightmare, but in the "root" druids have it's different.

21 minutes ago, Ghostv said:

This is not about the name, but the function. This skill should be only to keep melee attackers away, since they need to get close to you. It should be useless against any ranged attacker. But the problem is, it is being good against  both. You can't suffer damage while in nightmare, but in the "root" druids have it's different.

Nightmare at 5/5 lasts more than Roots 5/5. You can heal yourself and buff while being not touched. Druids still suffer of auto attacks with Roots, vs ranged. Necros don't

1 hour ago, Ghostv said:

Nowhere in the skill's description is written that root is for use against melees only... that it shouldn't be useful against ranged attackers is your opinion only and has nothing to do with the "wrong" skill's name or that roots should disable movement only xD

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Nightmare at 5/5 lasts more than Roots 5/5. You can heal yourself and buff while being not touched. Druids still suffer of auto attacks with Roots, vs ranged. Necros don't

:love1: