Item descriptions

Kaleidoscope

This is a thing I've had in mind for a while and am finally posting it here.

I think it would be pretty neat if you added descriptions to items in the game. They'd give us insights of the items origin, or some lore, or just some details. It would make the stuff we own feel a bit more unique because we will know what we are actually carrying around. The items would play a bigger role than just being there, lore wise. Of course I am not talking about every and each item that is in the game, it could only be unique/heroic equipment, costumes and skins.

They could also tease us about new upcomming stuff. A good example would be the technopolis skin set, which was, I believe, released way before we actually had access to pelion and the technopolis dungeon. Descriptions could reveal if it really hails from the land it has in it's name etc.

Opinions? :)

27 minutes ago, Raezer said:

I know but there are players who care about details.

Question is: Is it worth to deal with such (an awesome) project for those few players only?

10 minutes ago, BennyBT said:

Question is: Is it worth to deal with such (an awesome) project for those few players only?

I was aware of that question, depends if the developers actually care about the stuff they have in the game or not. Most players probably don't even read quest dialogues, and they are still there, so there is some hope. 

2 hours ago, Raezer said:

I was aware of that question, depends if the developers actually care about the stuff they have in the game or not. Most players probably don't even read quest dialogues, and they are still there, so there is some hope. 

This is a valid argument. I like it.

Well, teasers and hidden messages would be awesome. 

I was an easter-egg hunter for a while, with hope something would be hidden in Warspear... Did not really find anything.

Anyways, I support your idea, I like reading a lot.

17 minutes ago, BennyBT said:

This is a valid argument. I like it.

Well, teasers and hidden messages would be awesome. 

I was an easter-egg hunter for a while, with hope something would be hidden in Warspear... Did not really find anything.

Anyways, I support your idea, I like reading a lot.

Thanks man, and yeah I did that too. Countless times I was fantasizing about some secrets being hidden in ws, really too bad there's nothing. But I assume it would be hard to maintain a secret in a mmo.

Edited by Raezer

I would love to see it, and would love to even help to written such stories. Back in time, in aoho, I would hunt for useless items just for sake of collecting items with good stories, I miss my collection...

This is a very simple addition that can give ws lots of depth.

(dont really see it coming anyway) 

btw, I would like to write even here in the forums, if we gather some players to write and try to figure out lore here in the forums, we can maybe even get a forum section in a distant future, and maybe even push devs to implement this ingame, what do you guys think?

On Monday, August 07, 2017 at 9:30 PM, wyrm said:

btw, I would like to write even here in the forums, if we gather some players to write and try to figure out lore here in the forums, we can maybe even get a forum section in a distant future, and maybe even push devs to implement this ingame, what do you guys think?

There pop up some topics from time to time asking about the lore and stuff. You can always start a topic on your own. If not sure where to put it, post it in the tavern.

Edited by Raezer