Mage immunity buff

Urscrewed

Goes eithout saying whats the point of immunity thats cast before a disable? buff it by allowing players to negate effects WHEN comtrolled.

2 hours ago, Urscrewed said:

but not good enough

We go again on a similar topic bro. 

-Control > Disabling > None

In None status, you are able to cast and attack with any combo/skills you have got.

In Disabling status ( or "Rooting" ), you are able still to cast or attack, but you are limited on some actions. An idea might be the Earthquake of a Shaman or rangers Trap / Cage

In Controlled status, you are not able to do anything which includes Attacking or Casting Skills. An example can be any kind of stun or fear or blind

Having clarified this, making that skill able to be activated even under control effects, makes kinda no sense. Just why that skill and not a Healing, a Stunning, a Shield, etc...? 

Is like making an attack while being Juggled on Tekken, or asking Shenron to give you infinite desires on Dragon-Ball, or pretending to use a Trap Card while "Royal Decree" is on the battlefield ( the last one can be understood only by few people :blush: )

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

In None status, you are able to cast and attack with any combo/skills you have got.

In Disabling status ( or "Rooting" ), you are able still to cast or attack, but you are limited on some actions. An idea might be the Earthquake of a Shaman or rangers Trap / Cage

In Controlled status, you are not able to do anything which includes Attacking or Casting Skills. An example can be any kind of stun or fear or blind

Having clarified this, making that skill able to be activated even under control effects, makes kinda no sense. Just why that skill and not a Healing, a Stunning, a Shield, etc...? 

Is like making an attack while being Juggled on Tekken, or asking Shenron to give you infinite desires on Dragon-Ball, or pretending to use a Trap Card while "Royal Decree" is on the battlefield ( the last one can be understood only by few people :blush: )

you should be able to use immunity when controlled because its.. immunity?

13 minutes ago, Urscrewed said:

you should be able to use immunity when controlled because its.. immunity?

It is immunity when the skill is capable to be activated xd. Otherwise takes the same role of any other skill. And anyone might say "I can activate heal cause I am just healing myself and not damaging anyone". 

7 hours ago, Higgings said:

The last one is a yu gi oh thing right? :biggrin:

It's good enough as it is. It's also stupid logically to change it. Imagine using a skill while sleeping. (Nightmare, Forest Song) :calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

20 hours ago, Higgings said:

...or pretending to use a Trap Card while "Royal Decree" is on the battlefield ( the last one can be understood only by few people :blush: )

>>mystical space typhoon

what..nonono, the only reason you can should be able to use immunity while stunned is so that it negates it. just like quick silver sash in league of legends.

I think it's all about timing. That skill requires you to be able guess what your opponent's gonna do.

Same with barb's new skill (immune to all negative skills). If you cast it in time, you're invincible. If not... Than you are doomed. 

It is not fair to be able to use these skills under all circumstances. Just imagine this situation:

Necro: Yay, I managed to stun that mage/barb!

Mage/Barb: You're fakked, ain't stun me (casts skill)

Simply unfair.

4 minutes ago, BennyBT said:

I think it's all about timing. That skill requires you to be able guess what your opponent's gonna do.

Same with barb's new skill (immune to all negative skills). If you cast it in time, you're invincible. If not... Than you are doomed. 

It is not fair to be able to use these skills under all circumstances. Just imagine this situation:

Necro: Yay, I managed to stun that mage/barb!

Mage/Barb: You're fakked, ain't stun me (casts skill)

Simply unfair.

make it so it only ignores one skill control effect

It usually does not happen to you that you're under several controlling effects, does it? Because it rarely happens to me.

1 hour ago, Urscrewed said:

make it so it only ignores one skill control effect

Even 1 is unfair if your only debuff is a root. Or blind. Or sleep. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Even 1 is unfair if your only debuff is a root. Or blind. Or sleep. 

Exactly.

The skill is actually too good, and it makes mages too powerful. Looking at a class as a whole, Mage doesn't need the slightest buff.

It's all about predicting, when a mage has immunity on, stuns will be wasted if used, and in many cases it's not expected. In arena, it can be used to debuff allies if they're stunned. Being able to use a skill while stunned doesn't make any sense.

On 3/8/2017 at 5:51 PM, Higgings said:

Actually it makes all the sense of the world and many classes should receive this skill since this game has 3 MC/Forsaken units (Warlock/Charmer/Deathknight) wich can single control you forever and there is no counterplay, window oportunity, nothing you can do, you cant even use potion.. just wait until you are dead.

Is the most IMBA thing of this game, and i never saw this mechanic on any game without developers giving a lot of tools to counter it

5 hours ago, koszpl said:

Actually it makes all the sense of the world and many classes should receive this skill since this game has 3 MC/Forsaken units (Warlock/Charmer/Deathknight) wich can single control you forever and there is no counterplay, window oportunity, nothing you can do, you cant even use potion.. just wait until you are dead.

Ok I see you are an elf player, or at least I guess. So, you spoke about 3 mcs ( do not understimate Hunters ) but funny also you didn't speak about druids. The whole point of being stunned is not to let your opponent move or react to my attacks. Makes no sense at all using the immunity WHILE being stunned, because the stun would lose its meaning. And besides, the mage in arena could already cast immunity on a debuffed ally, if the mage itself has not been stunned of course. I'll never understand why a char which is well built must be penalized because the opponent faction cannot kill it. That's just ridiculous.

Is the most IMBA thing of this game, and i never saw this mechanic on any game without developers giving a lot of tools to counter it

Because maybe... maybe... this is not a 1vs1 PvP based game? 

There are annoying/undefeatable class combos in the game (arena), that can stun you forever without you ever getting to use a skill. In that case, your complaint is valid. But this is only a very small part of the game, in other cases immunity skill(s) are perfectly usable, not needing any buff.

And Roland's "If you cannot defeat an enemy player by yourself, call others to kill them" quote fits here perfectly.

I personally only PvP classes that I know I can defeat. That's why I don't touch a druid or a warlock.

8 hours ago, Higgings said:

Ok I see you are an elf player, or at least I guess. So, you spoke about 3 mcs ( do not understimate Hunters ) but funny also you didn't speak about druids. The whole point of being stunned is not to let your opponent move or react to my attacks. Makes no sense at all using the immunity WHILE being stunned, because the stun would lose its meaning. And besides, the mage in arena could already cast immunity on a debuffed ally, if the mage itself has not been stunned of course. I'll never understand why a char which is well built must be penalized because the opponent faction cannot kill it. That's just ridiculous.

Because maybe... maybe... this is not a 1vs1 PvP based game? 

Thanks for remind me, yea had to be another MC class :dizzy-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:hunters 13 seconds control and well druids can get full control forever with right build (if song doesnt fail)

If you read the skill description: ''Removes all negative effects, including controlling effects from the character or its ally...'' it should be like Urscrewed suggested but changued so you couldnt cast it on your ally, just use it on yourself since mages shouldnt have that powerfull support skills . So it can be considered  nerf in some way

Anyway mages are in a good spot now and there are a lot of classes to nerf/buff first. When we talk about PvP most of the times doesnt mean only 1vs1 but arena... In most servers lvl 28 arena ranking is full of MC classes wich are stronger there thanks to all the unlimited stuns they have

35 minutes ago, koszpl said:

druids can get full control forever with right build (if song doesnt fail)

Well actually Dks too, if sharp shadow does not fail ^^

37 minutes ago, koszpl said:

If you read the skill description: ''Removes all negative effects, including controlling effects from the character or its ally...'' it should be like Urscrewed suggested

Well dude, it was kinda clear actually that the skill must satisfy certain conditions for it to be used. That works for every kind of skill, not only for the Immunity :unsure:. I see it not necessary to write it on the description honestly.

40 minutes ago, koszpl said:

When we talk about PvP most of the times doesnt mean only 1vs1 but arena...

I am glad someone realized it at last. This is why I am against this "Buff/Adjustment/ Whatever you like it to call"... using it on a tank and letting him go against the enemy while the mage supports the tank in the best way he can. I, Personally, see nothing to be buffed there bro, sorry :unknw:

43 minutes ago, koszpl said:

In most servers lvl 28 arena ranking is full of MC classes wich are stronger there thanks to all the unlimited stuns they have

This is actually interesting: In crowd matters, ( ergo wars ), Instead,  Mcs are the noob ones. No one ever cared about war that much. I will never understand why.

10 hours ago, Higgings said:

This is actually interesting: In crowd matters, ( ergo wars ), Instead,  Mcs are the noob ones. No one ever cared about war that much. I will never understand why.

Elves are more motivated to win war and they usually have more people joining wars and better leaders. Many rich/OP MCs just keep doing arena or stay on pvp cave seeking more 1v1s with their permacontrol class 

Usually the faction who attacks first has more chance to win since is easier go from one town to another after killing a flag, blocking third flag is kinda easy on both factions. the main goal should be fight for BG cave since who camps there can bait enemies to block 1 entrance and then you can just run to another bg cave exit when war start

Elves are more motivated to win war and they usually have more people joining wars and better leaders. Many rich/OP MCs just keep doing arena or stay on pvp cave seeking more 1v1s with their permacontrol class 

In EU, mc side won wars each time everybody came to legion. We don't lack of leader(s) , just of Motivated people. They are sure to win arena even without war buffs... but demotivation is not a good thing either.