Why walk so much?

benjaminbt

The title says it all. Why do we have to walk so much in the game? Especially at the beginning of the game. From a two hour questing, more than half of the gameplay is walking between quest scenes. Tap, tap, tap.

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP.

This was annoying, right? Well, this is why I literally hate questing in Warspear Online. Go here, go there, talk to that guy on the other side of the island, who will send you back here anyways, visit these five locations, kill a thousand monsters with no damn reason, struggle with collecting their stuff which is not even hundred percent that it drops, but most importantly: walk, WALK, WALK! 

Because we have no other goddamn idea! Walk and tap the screen! Tap it, I say!

Please, consider adding instant travel to quest scenes. It will make questing a bit easier and much more enjoyable. It will take away the problem of searching for the quest area as well as the problem of reaching it. A LOT of MMOs have this feature, why leave out Warspear Online?

Or if you are really stubborn and don't want to improve your game this much, then at least make teleport scrolls cheaper and usable for any areas. I don't see why didn't you do this in the first place.

Thank you!

Uhm.. Yea. This was forsaken. Charmer to be exact. 

Nevermind, rage time over, everything's back to normal. :good:

My suggestion to expand teleport scrolls to every single area of the game still lives though.

To be fair, you walk a lot in other rpgs too, but yeah it gets annoying. The "teleport anywhere" thing is a bit harsh, don't you think? Imagine that at war, mcs can defend their last flag only by defending a small entrance, and people could just tele behind them.

1 hour ago, Raezer said:

To be fair, you walk a lot in other rpgs too, but yeah it gets annoying. The "teleport anywhere" thing is a bit harsh, don't you think? Imagine that at war, mcs can defend their last flag only by defending a small entrance, and people could just tele behind them.

Actually you could solve that problem by making the tele-everywhere-thingy just available for the areas which belong to your own faction

8 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Actually you could solve that problem by making the tele-everywhere-thingy just available for the areas which belong to your own faction

Yes. I thought just the same. This would also leave chainless quests and raids as challenging as they are now.

Oh and yes, I changed my name! Been waiting for this for a long time.

Edited by BennyBT

These contemporary children, they want everything without effort. I was walking everywhere while you were still in diapers.

Actually, I was in diapers, too, but walking nevertheless.

For people wondering why I'm calling people kids, check the age difference between me and the op. It's a lot.

Edited by TheCabbage
spoilers

4 hours ago, TheCabbage said:

These contemporary children, they want everything without effort. I was walking everywhere while you were still in diapers.

Reveal hidden contents

Children? I don't see any children here.

3 hours ago, DeadFlowers said:

Theres actually many children in the game:pin3:

He referred to me, but please, don't call me a child. 

On ١٩‏/٧‏/٢٠١٧ at 1:04 PM, Higgings said:

Looks like you tried to make a forsaken :biggrin:

OMG so true xD

keep everything as is and just add automated walk like other rpgs :biggrin: where you click on an npc/monster name and the char walks to that location. 

16 hours ago, UK said:

keep everything as is and just add automated walk like other rpgs :biggrin: where you click on an npc/monster name and the char walks to that location. 

We already have that we click on a mob/player and your char will follow it:canada_rage:

Actually, the problem of botting would be solved with auto walk+attack.

Since it was an ingame feature, noone would have to cheat.

1 hour ago, BennyBT said:

Actually, the problem of botting would be solved with auto walk+attack.

Since it was an ingame feature, noone would have to cheat.

Why would they implement something they are trying to avoid? Okay now you're showing bits of lazyness in this. If you want to quest/farm then work and do it yourself, not automated. 

49 minutes ago, Raezer said:

Why would they implement something they are trying to avoid? Okay now you're showing bits of lazyness in this. If you want to quest/farm then work and do it yourself, not automated. 

That's why I don't really like communicating in writing. People don't feel the irony unless I put my sentences between " ". 

On 7/22/2017 at 0:00 PM, DeadFlowers said:

We already have that we click on a mob/player and your char will follow it:canada_rage:

Either you didnt get it or was this supposed to be funny?

2 hours ago, DeadFlowers said:

I dont get it

let it be....

What I meant was that when you open a quest and say you have to visit an npc in t4 irselnort and you click on this name while you are in t1 then your char starts walking there without you having to continuously tap through the path. 

But here's what I realized that if this is done then the AI will just walk to the destination in a single direction but in Warspear we have a lot of mobs that can agro when you do this and .... basically it wont work so you can overlook my suggestion ... :drama-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: 

8 minutes ago, UK said:

basically it wont work so you can overlook my suggestion ... 

It could work, if first it followed the paths where possible, and if it was untouchable while walking.

i think in other games there is an option to teleport back to the npc that gave you the quest. maybe this could be added here lets say for 5 miracle coins? and add [Lazy quester scroll] which players can stack up on. 

25 minutes ago, REAPER said:

[Lazy quester scroll]

I don't think you need such thing. Again, it would be a perfect solution, if teleport scroll usability was expanded and therefore the price would be lowered.

On 24/07/2017 at 11:56 PM, REAPER said:

No i think that teleport scroll should stay as it is. Only allow you to travel where you have statue.:are_you_fucking_kidding_me:

yes or else it would be broken af:hehe:

On 24.7.2017 at 5:12 PM, UK said:

let it be....

What I meant was that when you open a quest and say you have to visit an npc in t4 irselnort and you click on this name while you are in t1 then your char starts walking there without you having to continuously tap through the path. 

But here's what I realized that if this is done then the AI will just walk to the destination in a single direction but in Warspear we have a lot of mobs that can agro when you do this and .... basically it wont work so you can overlook my suggestion ... :drama-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: 

Sounds good , doesnt work