Warden - monster or cheater?

Akasha

8Jf7fPh.jpg

17.07.2016 - 17:11MSK

Mighty adms,

just entered the game and there was 1 Warden against 1 city who simply seemed immortal. After a couple of minutes he died, but a question remains in my mind: What skill allows one char to beat a city during minutes??? Is Warden's skills working the way they're supposed to??

52 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

8Jf7fPh.jpg

17.07.2016 - 17:11MSK

Mighty adms,

just entered the game and there was 1 Warden against 1 city who simply seemed immortal. After a couple of minutes he died, but a question remains in my mind: What skill allows one char to beat a city during minutes??? Is Warden's skills working the way they're supposed to??

This is how elves are winning war currently in EU-Emerald

20 hours ago, Higgings said:

This is how elves are winning war currently in EU-Emerald

We don't only count on wardens... This is the power of all Elves :happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Edited by Liidert

Warden does like 0 damage, and 1 sec stun, and no fast movement skill or jump, so can't say he's a monster or a cheater.

But yeah, he's way too much tanky. The broken part I believe is Fortification which just halves the damage received when it's active, and it's active all the time. Think of it as having 50% def even with 0 def. So if you actually have 50% def, the 1000 damage will be first reduced to 500 and then to 250. it should be like 35-40% max at 4/4, or it should take more mana over time so that people can't keep it active all the time, unless they can't use many other skills.

Why is this topic in support btw?

Edited by Gladiator

the skill that enables warden to stand alone vs one city is "unit master tutorial": every time a warden blocks a hit, he heals 10% of his hp (when 4/4)

so when there are many ppl/mobs attacking him, if he got 20% block and if ppl hit low, then he can resist for a very long while

best way to kill them is to use only dot skills or high amped rogues

Ofc this skill would be way less efficient if there wasn't the skill "fortification" (20/30/40/50% dmg reduction)

Idk wich one is the most OP, what is sure is that fortification is OP no matter the gearing, while unit master is OP only if high block%

But in my opinion the one that need a change is unit master tutorial, cuz basically u can tank almost an infinite number of players or mobs if they have low enough dmg. And that, in my opinion, shouldn't be.

In another topic i already suggested some changes:

-the skill heals a percent of the dmg blocked, and not 10% of warden's hp, so it's equally good vs bosses/mobs. Like 40/60/80/10 or idk what would be the right balance. But at least warden couldn't tank so many ppl anymore cuz block is limited to 20%

-every block gives a buff for a certain duration (10 buffs max), the buff increases def and attack. Cuz yes, warden rly rly rly lack of dmg

about fortification, yes it's a strong skill, but i don't think it's the #1 priority. Anyway perhaps it should be limited in time, i don't rly know to be honest. But if u want to do that i would suggest not to increase mana consumption, cuz there we have two options:

-or u make it so high that it's impossible to keep it active all the time even with the highest mana rege in game, what player will hate ofc

-or u increase it, but if u have enough mana rege u still can perma use it what won't change many things, it will just be more annoying for wardens

Perhaps (suggested already in another topic i think) the mana should be consumed every time it absorbs dmg (or for a certain amount of dmg, cuz u know, lab parasites for instance)

So u could break the fortifications if u strike hard enough :D

Perhaps elves needed a true tank, but this is too much. Warden maybe got the 3 best tanking skills in the game (unit master, fortification, warden spirit) and in the other hand is so slow, with low dmg and low stun

10 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Why is this topic in support btw?

Because one char(or class) that beats 2 parties alone barely moving its HP must be broken

33 minutes ago, Aкasha said:

Because one char(or class) that beats 2 parties alone barely moving its HP must be broken

Why do you have to lie? I bet he didnt beat anyone, they have no dmg. And he used pots sometimes for sure

Its OP im agree, but Warlock can kill 1v1 any +10 class without counterplay even if the warlock has low amps you are stunned forever and they aint fixing it, this warden atleast stays there without doing any harm :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Aкasha said:

Skills work as described. They just shine in specific scenarios.

Anyway:

Unit Master only seems broken when fighting high number of players. Block activates too much and heals the Warden a lot, otherwise it is pretty casual, so I think nerfing it would make it unusable. I mean running into towns and just tanking there doesn't break the game in the end. In wars and Arena, you can just not target the warden and waste your damage, and in Arena specifically, you could kite the warden till infinity.

Fortification is just too much, because reducing all damage all the time in half against the warden might be a bit extreme.

But in my very honest opinion, it'd be fine to leave Warden as it is now. You could argue that it seems OP in specific scenarios, but I can tell you ones where he's just a lil walking dummy that does pretty much nothing but absorb potential damage, and thus making him pretty useless.

And I don't think that Death knight is less OP than Warden, at least it has stuns.

Edited by Gladiator

On 7/17/2017 at 9:43 PM, koszpl said:

Why do you have to lie? I bet he didnt beat anyone, they have no dmg. And he used pots sometimes for sure

Firstly, I dont have reasons to lie. He probably didn't kill 20 players in a roll, agree. Although while he was killing players, his HP barely moved with about 2 pts attacking. Is that a char or a boss?? I assure you I haven't seen him using potion (at least no HP potion).

Edited by Aкasha

27 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Anyway:

Unit Master only seems broken when fighting high number of players. In wars and Arena, you can just not target the warden and waste your damage, and in Arena specifically, you could kite the warden till infinity.

And I don't think that Death knight is less OP than Warden, at least it has stuns.

Since this is a game designed for PT x PT and not 1 Player x Parties, I don't feel it right when 1 elf tank a city of MCs or the other way around. I'm asking for adms if this is really working how it should be, because it seems absurd to me.

I reported the bug on DK for Unlive and I'd do the same about any other classes. I'm not defending my babies dragons here.

What I really meant with high number of players is more than the normal party members of 5 players, in order to get that much blocks and heal up from them.

Now tanking 10 characters, even though it is not really game-breaking, is just a result of Warden's skills, to fix that therefore, you will need to nerf them. But then you need to keep in mind that Warden would pretty much impractical. It is even at its current form. I'm playing Warden nowadays, by the way, so I might have some idea about how it's not really that much broken when you can deal almost no damage and no stuns, so being a little bit tankier than Death Knight is perfectly logical.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against a nerf, but it should be accompanied with damage or stun buff, and possibly some sort of jump or run skills.

And since I play high level Warden, it's really not that special in Arena, and in wars it won't have any effect.

Edited by Gladiator

3 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Anyway:

Unit Master only seems broken when fighting high number of players. Block activates too much and heals the Warden a lot, otherwise it is pretty casual, so I think nerfing it would make it unusable. I mean running into towns and just tanking there doesn't break the game in the end. In wars and Arena, you can just not target the warden and waste your damage, and in Arena specifically, you could kite the warden till infinity.

Fortification is just too much, because reducing all damage all the time in half against the warden might be a bit extreme.

But in my very honest opinion, it'd be fine to leave Warden as it is now. You could argue that it seems OP in specific scenarios, but I can tell you ones where he's just a lil walking dummy that does pretty much nothing but absorb potential damage, and thus making him pretty useless.

so ofc warden is OP asf in specific scenarios, and ofc in counterpart it has low dmg and stuns. But i rly don't see any reason why to leave it like it is now. In arena it can be totally useless if he can't get close, but in pve vs low dmg ppl it's OP. Running in towns doesn't brake the game? cmon Glad would u like to see a dk staying 10min in ur town? In war mc side eu emerald last time we lost a **** lot of time cuz "opwarden" (it's the name of the character, at least this guy nows that warden is broken for tanking) was standing for linutes at flag before we killed him so the whole army was stopped here.

Nerfing it unusable? Rly u know even in arena it's strong 600heal every block, so every 5 hits in average, while u take only 60% of normal dmg (i didn't say 50 cuz u need sacrifice resi for block). The skill definitely needs to be balanced, i was suffesting to heal depending on the amount of dmg blocked, so in arena the heal would stay the same, while u couldn't heal 600 vs ppl who hit u 50.

fortification is op too, but even if fortification is nerfed i think there's a real need to nerf master unit, while if master unit is nerfed im not sure there's need to nerf fortification.

Leaving warden as it is now? No rly ask anybody from mcs it's way too much op. In specific scenarios perhaps but still have to fix this op-ness in those scenarios.

Dk is op too i agree, he has stuns so in arena he can be better than warden. But his tankiness has nothing to do with warden's one. DK has got a second life with secret eserves, warden is just undestructible in many cases. Go see the videos from AUUUUUU (leader of the guild AUUUUU to which the warden on the pic belongs), it's just crazy

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

What I really meant with high number of players is more than the normal party members of 5 players, in order to get that much blocks and heal up from them.

it doesn't depend on the number of members, it depends on their average dmg that's all. u heal 600every block, u block 20%, u take half dmg, so if they deal u less than 1200dmg in 4hit u heal more than they dmg u (on average, ofc it's not exactly like that cuz it's possible u got bad luck, but the lower their dmg is, the stronger the effect is, and u become indestructible)

But u should know that very well if u play warden... cmon Glad

Now tanking 10 characters, even though it is not really game-breaking, is just a result of Warden's skills, to fix that therefore, you will need to nerf them. But then you need to keep in mind that Warden would pretty much impractical. It is even at its current form. I'm playing Warden nowadays, by the way, so I might have some idea about how it's not really that much broken when you can deal almost no damage and no stuns, so being a little bit tankier than Death Knight is perfectly logical.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against a nerf, but it should be accompanied with damage or stun buff, and possibly some sort of jump or run skills.

And since I play high level Warden, it's really not that special in Arena, and in wars it won't have any effect.

So here we are, we need to nerf those skills cuz in some situations it's rly impossible.

As u said if warden was less tanky it would be useless cuz he hasn't got good stun nor dmg. I suppose u don't use it to get urself in troll situations like many begin to do, those situations were "it's not rly that broken"

I would just say "lol" about the "little bit tankier than dk"... i went lab with lvl 22 warden who was lvling up, he was far from having good equip, he just had good block and the two skills we are speaking about. Without life stealth he was able to solo all lab bosses except medusa, anax and eye... Well i was happy with that since thanks to him i was able to take Kronus respawn. But that's not the subject.

Thanks for ur last sentences. i totally agree with u on that point. Dmg/stun/skill to repell ennemies or run is what wardn need, with a nerf of the tanking skill.

U see i think that all classes can have their own characteristics, but they should fit into the game. And in my opinion it's not at all the case with warden: it outmatches all the limit of the game in terms of tanking, or most of them, but he is hopeless in other situations. This is why he need to be adapted in my opinion

Agree it's not that speacial in Arena, especially in seals cuz u can kite them for a while, but in 2v2 if u aren't a high amped dmger it's very very hard to win. Often a draw is the best u can do.

I disagree about the fact it can't have any effet in wars. This update was meantto give legion charmer to balance war, but sometimes i think warden is a way better gift. Last war two wardens (Elabeast and Opwarden) messed up our war for a good part cuz they were mobilizing a great part of us trying to kill them at flag. I know there are ways to counter this, but that's still annoying, and u know what's the organisation during war...

14 hours ago, Gladiator said:

this

so Roland's quote "if you can't kill someone in 1v1, kill him with your friends" is kinda debunked with warden class? :suspicious1:

11 minutes ago, Jzargo said:

so Roland's quote "if you can't kill someone in 1v1, kill him with your friends" is kinda debunked with warden class? :suspicious1:

Ahahahahahaha:fuck_that:

Wardens are peaceful neutral creatures, they take a lot of damage, never really die. If you see in the wild, hit it a few times so it can block and heal itself then be on your way.

Legend fortells of a warrior who died of exhaustion at the keyboard after a duel between 2 +10 wardens as neither would simply die.

1 minute ago, UK said:

warden can be ignored to be honest, he wont do any harm really :blush:

It's just like a sort of Troy's horse :wind: 

When enemies are tired to attack the wardens and lost their hope, other heroes can attack the flag easily

Just now, Liidert said:

It's just like a sort of Troy's horse :wind: 

When enemies are tired to attack the wardens and lost their hope, other heroes can attack the flag easily

:hehe: dont tell them our plan

13 minutes ago, Urscrewed said:

:hehe: dont tell them our plan

I actually said it already... there 's no need to be a genious to get that. :flying-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

It was easy to stay alive with more mobs if they hit you about 0-200 per hit when  I was playing dk with full lifesteal . I was stealing hp from them  with steel hurricane and death call , also if my pt has a necro with posinous shield I become immortal against that mobs ( for example when I was killing kronus , my pt and I only att kronus ,mobs will die from stell hurricane and posinous shield damage )  .  Also I remember that I survived in elf cliff about 10 minutes against 10-15 low level people like around lvl 20 , I can stay alive more with better amped and full resist build dk , but to kill a  dk like that  you just need to stay away from him and stun him , UNFORTUNATELY this not working on WARDENS , if you hit them more they have better change to regenerate hp from BLOCK . That Block skill and FORTIFICATION  skill need a nerf . 

Also dark shield reduce 100-150 dmg per hit max , stone skin stacks up to 2 hit max but this fortification works forever and reduce the upcoming any damage %50 , its just crazy.

30 minutes ago, Higgings said:

2 minutes ago, Omercix said:

It was easy to stay alive with more mobs if they hit you about 0-200 per hit when  I was playing dk with full lifesteal . I was stealing hp from them  with steel hurricane and death call , also if my pt has a necro with posinous shield I become immortal against that mobs ( for example when I was killing kronus , my pt and I only att kronus ,mobs will die from stell hurricane and posinous shield damage )  .  Also I remember that I survived in elf cliff about 10 minutes against 10-15 low level people like around lvl 20 , I can stay alive more with better amped and full resist build dk , but to kill a  dk like that  you just need to stay away from him and stun him , UNFORTUNATELY this not working on WARDENS , if you hit them more they have better change to regenerate hp from BLOCK . That Block skill and FORTIFICATION  skill need a nerf . 

There you go that's all that had to be told !

Wait did you say nerf ! no no, fortification and block is the only thing that sets warden apart from other classes and they pay a heavy price for it by being a dummy in pvp :blink:

Spoiler

and what is this post from Higgings doing in my reply:mellow:

Edited by UK

14 hours ago, Pecleb said:

Leaving warden as it is now? No rly ask anybody from mcs it's way too much op. In specific scenarios perhaps but still have to fix this op-ness in those scenarios.

Dk is op too i agree, he has stuns so in arena he can be better than warden. But his tankiness has nothing to do with warden's one. DK has got a second life with secret eserves, warden is just undestructible in many cases. Go see the videos from AUUUUUU (leader of the guild AUUUUU to which the warden on the pic belongs), it's just crazy

it doesn't depend on the number of members, it depends on their average dmg that's all. u heal 600every block, u block 20%, u take half dmg, so if they deal u less than 1200dmg in 4hit u heal more than they dmg u (on average, ofc it's not exactly like that cuz it's possible u got bad luck, but the lower their dmg is, the stronger the effect is, and u become indestructible)

But u should know that very well if u play warden... cmon Glad

Thanks for ur last sentences. i totally agree with u on that point. Dmg/stun/skill to repell ennemies or run is what wardn need, with a nerf of the tanking skill.

U see i think that all classes can have their own characteristics, but they should fit into the game. And in my opinion it's not at all the case with warden: it outmatches all the limit of the game in terms of tanking, or most of them, but he is hopeless in other situations. This is why he need to be adapted in my opinion

Agree it's not that speacial in Arena, especially in seals cuz u can kite them for a while, but in 2v2 if u aren't a high amped dmger it's very very hard to win. Often a draw is the best u can do.

I disagree about the fact it can't have any effet in wars. This update was meantto give legion charmer to balance war, but sometimes i think warden is a way better gift. Last war two wardens (Elabeast and Opwarden) messed up our war for a good part cuz they were mobilizing a great part of us trying to kill them at flag. I know there are ways to counter this, but that's still annoying, and u know what's the organisation during war...

You can't say that if you have 20% block, you will block 1 in each 5 hits, it's not how it normally works.

It's more accurate to say that the more hits you receive the more likely you will block, and in every time, the received damage isn't higher than the heal that you'd receive, and thanks to Fortification, one hit is normally 3-4 times lower than the heal. 

In lab there are parasites that hit very fast, and give too much blocks, and therefore much heals. Nerf it for that reason (outdated lab), and it will become too much less effective the scenarios that it is already pretty ineffective in. Like in high level dungeons where there are too many hits but high damage.

Anyway, you didn't understand me. I'm not against a nerf, but what I meant is that it rather stays as it is now, if they don't buff damage or stun, and give faster movement abilities.

Because let's imagine they nerfed Unit Master, and/or Fortification. What specialties would Wardens have over Bladedancers or even Paladin? It will be unusable. It might still tank better, but both classes have AoE controls, and way more damage, so they would be rather picked in group gameplay, in addition to the fact that they will heal more from life steal.

So only nerfing him would not be a good idea. But leaving it as it is now, would keep its role in the game, where it is good for absorbing damage and others would deal the damage on mobs.

Also I don't know how those 2 wardens could even reach the flag, if really all mcs attack then they wouldn't even move, only 2 characters are needed to fully disable the Wardens.

Don't compare Wardens to DKs, come on. DK can fully stun a character, it deals more damage, and can heal more from life steal. It's normal that Warden have better tanking abilites. Ffs DKs still wanna be the tankiest character even with full stun abilites. Get over it, there has to be a tankier character, especially if it has low damage and almost no stuns.

Edited by Gladiator

6 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Don't compare Wardens to DKs, come on. DK can fully stun a character, it deals more damage, and can heal more from life steal. It's normal that Warden have better tanking abilites. Ffs DKs still wanna be the tankiest character even with full stun abilites. Get over it, there has to be a tankier character, especially if it has low damage and almost no stuns.

Nobody can do this , except warden :

What I mean is that no class should be immortal.

Edited by Omercix

Yeah, I'm not saying that Warden doesn't need a nerf, but if it would stay with this damage and stuns, then it's better to keep it as it is and have something special.

Spoiler

There is even no point in soloing TP easy lel, he use 3-4 stams? And got def.:fuck_that:

12 minutes ago, Omercix said:

Nobody can do this , except warden :

Yea ! Hail warden :biggrin: long may he reign

Besides he is a high amped well geared Warden that has been created solely for pve and otherwise has damage softer than pillows which also means low life steal compared to any class. 

Spoiler

I like using besides in my statements ... .dont judge me :aggressive:

32 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

You can't say that if you have 20% block, you will block 1 in each 5 hits, it's not how it normally works.

It's more accurate to say that the more hits you receive the more likely you will block, and in every time, the received damage isn't higher than the heal that you'd receive, and thanks to Fortification, one hit is normally 3-4 times lower than the heal. 

In lab there are parasites that hit very fast, and give too much blocks, and therefore much heals. Nerf it for that reason (outdated lab), and it will become too much less effective the scenarios that it is already pretty ineffective in. Like in high level dungeons where there are too many hits but high damage.

Anyway, you didn't understand me. I'm not against a nerf, but what I meant is that it rather stays as it is now, if they don't buff damage or stun, and give faster movement abilities.

Because let's imagine they nerfed Unit Master, and/or Fortification. What specialties would Wardens have over Bladedancers or even Paladin? It will be unusable. It might still tank better, but both classes have AoE controls, and way more damage, so they would be rather picked in group gameplay, in addition to the fact that they will heal more from life steal.

So only nerfing him would not be a good idea. But leaving it as it is now, would keep its role in the game, where it is good for absorbing damage and others would deal the damage on mobs.

Also I don't know how those 2 wardens could even reach the flag, if really all mcs attack then they wouldn't even move, only 2 characters are needed to fully disable the Wardens.

we guessed it.. you mean it staged ! :blink: MCs are plotting to nerf warden its all too clear now :aggressive:

1 hour ago, UK said:

There you go that's all that had to be told !

Wait did you say nerf ! no no, fortification and block is the only thing that sets warden apart from other classes and they pay a heavy price for it by being a dummy in pvp :blink:

Hide contents

and what is this post from Higgings doing in my reply:mellow:

Ahh dude no worries, you just needed my presence here again, understandable :pin2:

18 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Adding a damage/stun buff/whatever expert skill that this class needs, but no class should tank a city full of players. It goes against the conception of a game designed for players x players. Look, we're not talking about a couple of noobs ganking a top char, only my shaman has 670dmg and I attacked him with totem damage and everything else, in addition to all the other players around and his hp barely moves! wtf 

Which games you've been playing that one char appears in the enemy city and stands there during minutes "like a boss" making an entire Alliance like a fool? Obviously it has effects in wars!

16 hours ago, Pecleb said:

In arena it can be totally useless if he can't get close, but in pve vs low dmg ppl it's OP. Running in towns doesn't brake the game? As I said in the comment above

it doesn't depend on the number of members, it depends on their average dmg that's all. u heal 600every block, u block 20%, u take half dmg, so if they deal u less than 1200dmg in 4hit u heal more than they dmg u (on average, ofc it's not exactly like that cuz it's possible u got bad luck, but the lower their dmg is, the stronger the effect is, and u become indestructible)  doesn't matter if there are one or two really top players attacking, he still heals more than dies if there are other noobs around him feeding his hp.

i went lab with lvl 22 warden who was lvling up, he was far from having good equip, he just had good block and the two skills we are speaking about. Without life stealth he was able to solo all lab bosses except medusa, anax and eye... Well i was happy with that since thanks to him i was able to take Kronus respawn. But that's not the subject.

-_-

17 hours ago, kimkaa said:

Warden not so op in 1v1 but being able to tank 2 parties alone for minutes is kinda ridiculous in my opinion. Not how it should be?

kiitos!:uhuh:

15 hours ago, Omercix said:

Also I remember that I survived in elf cliff about 10 minutes against 10-15 low level people like around lvl 20 , I can stay alive more with better amped and full resist build dk , but to kill a  dk like that  you just need to stay away from him and stun him , UNFORTUNATELY this not working on WARDENS , if you hit them more they have better change to regenerate hp from BLOCK . That Block skill and FORTIFICATION  skill need a nerf . 

Dks have bugs already exposed here and reported. As developers' priority at the moment is getting the new classes 'finished' before another general balance, the ideal should be correcting Warden's skills (possibly adding dmg/+dps/stun experts in order to balance the class) and Dks as well. Btw, there is also the problem with Secret Reserves that you may see here.

Also dark shield reduce 100-150 dmg per hit max , stone skin stacks up to 2 hit max but this fortification works forever and reduce the upcoming any damage %50 , its just crazy. Thats what I mean, I don't know if they didn't fix the skills yet due to the lack of experts or if they're even planning to do so, I hope so!

15 hours ago, UK said:

The correct is given a skills that they can use in pvp then, not in PvPlayers! It remembers me druids that kills more due to not to receive dmg than being OP. At least druids has to performance an entire combo in 1x1 to be unbeatable and not only 2 skills!:head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

15 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Don't compare Wardens to DKs, come on. 

You were the first to talk about Dks here, weren't you? :come_on:

Edited by Aкasha

Yeah, I'm not saying that Warden doesn't need a nerf, but if it would stay with this damage and stuns, then it's better to keep it as it is and have something special.

It's better to work for a game enjoyable for both sides, Glad. Its better to correct the class while in its beginning (while there are still skills to be added), then nerfing later and frustrate players as it was for rogues and rangers. =/

2 hours ago, UK said:

MCs are plotting to nerf warden its all too clear now :aggressive:

Let's not take it personally, please.

Warden needs a nerf. +5s beat Melee +10s in pvp.

Gladiator is right I'm not sure what it's called it's the stone skin.

My Hunter has 850 Damage and 40% Fero With Active Skill.

I hit Miniiiq in pvp 258.

at the time she had +10 Shield all +1 Armor.

Even though I understand wardens can be tanks and aren't an insane damage class they're ridiculious if your not a healer and I've seen it on US a lot 1 Warden an Entire Town can't kill it without the warden potting maybe there Dmg isn't insane but let's Take thedeaath for example he has 800. If he can solo tank for 5 minutes and he just sits there bashing the flag how is war at all fair?

why Mcs have just been Shit on past wars since June