Ranged Hamstring?

Sulti

Is the BD hamstring skill suppose to be ranged because im sick of getting hamstringed when im like 5 or 6 squares infront of the guy or is it lag maybe? I doubt its lagged though but considering Im low level and all once I get hamstringed Im done for  :facepalm:

No its not a lag, well lag could enhance the looks of it, but hamstring have a shorter range. Im not sure of radius but >5. Also consider that any strike up to 2 radius is still considered melee attack, but I think hamstring has further some stretch.

Anything upto 2yd radius is still melee (by swords, daggers, axes etc). Thats why you can hit 'fleeing' targets one square away.  And by defenition on earthquake description melee atks can be up to 2yds. Cause quake only lowers atk speed delt up to max of 2yds. So its only suppose to reduces melee atk speed but not range atk speed.

Its the because lag between your computer and the system. You think you see you get it from 5 yards but it is 2 yards normally.

Well I will take it as lag I suppose. But I also dont like the critical percentage chance. Its way to likely for a high level on low level which is unfair in my opinion because you already have better damage and defense the last thing i need is to be owned in 2 hits because the power hit seems to be always the only critical hit they get. I dont like how with arena gear comes resilience because it seems to unbalance the game. Im not much of an arena type guy I really dont like doing arena because of the levels and the partner status. I rather just wait until someone from my clan logs in so we can kill elves for fun or for chainless.Oh and my last complaint its unfair for 2 level 14s to face 2 level 15s because they always seem to have arena and bg gear which makes it completely imbalanced.  :facepalm:  Thanks for all who read this! :good:  Feel free to comment on my concerns

PS dont say you face level 15s when its no one else to face in your level because it seems to always happen even when its 15+ requests in arena  :facepalm:

:facepalm:

Well I will take it as lag I suppose. But I also dont like the critical percentage chance. Its way to likely for a high level on low level which is unfair in my opinion because you already have better damage and defense the last thing i need is to be owned in 2 hits because the power hit seems to be always the only critical hit they get. I dont like how with arena gear comes resilience because it seems to unbalance the game. Im not much of an arena type guy I really dont like doing arena because of the levels and the partner status. I rather just wait until someone from my clan logs in so we can kill elves for fun or for chainless.Oh and my last complaint its unfair for 2 level 14s to face 2 level 15s because they always seem to have arena and bg gear which makes it completely imbalanced.  :facepalm:  Thanks for all who read this! :good:  Feel free to comment on my concerns

PS dont say you face level 15s when its no one else to face in your level because it seems to always happen even when its 15+ requests in arena  :facepalm:

Anything upto 2yd radius is still melee (by swords, daggers, axes etc). Thats why you can hit 'fleeing' targets one square away. 

That's not true at all.  Melee range and 2 yards are completely different. 

Melee range is adjacent squares.  If someone is hitting you from further than adjacent then you're lagging. 

Then why is melee damage defined as upto 2yds in earthquake description?  Quake is only suppose to reduce melee atk speed so that would mean melee can be upto 2yds in special cases like pressueing a target or hamstring.

Then why is melee damage defined as upto 2yds in earthquake description?  Quake is only suppose to reduce melee atk speed so that would mean melee can be upto 2yds in special cases like pressueing a target or hamstring.

How is it defining melee damage as up to 2 yards?  Look at your own spell book thread:

Earthquake:

Description: causes a small earthquake reducing enemies attackspeedwithin2 yards. Enemies cant move during the spell.

Type - active Cast time - 1~1.5sec Range - 5 yards Energy expense - 15mp Cooldown - 15sec

Where does that say anything about melee range being up to 2 yards?  What it does mean is that quaking someone who happens to stand within two yards of you or perhaps within a two yard radius of your cast point....then you debuff their attack speed as well as root them.    It makes no difference if your target is melee or ranged as long as they're within two yards when you quake. 

Some skills for melee classes are ranged skills like hamstring and charge.  This doesn't mean all melee attacks are this range...just that particular skill.

Bottom line is Hamstring has a range of two yards.  Melee range is adjacent. 

:good: great thinking

How is it defining melee damage as up to 2 yards?  Look at your own spell book thread:

Earthquake:

Description: causes a small earthquake reducing enemies attackspeedwithin2 yards. Enemies cant move during the spell.

Type - active Cast time - 1~1.5sec Range - 5 yards Energy expense - 15mp Cooldown - 15sec

Where does that say anything about melee range being up to 2 yards?  What it does mean is that quaking someone who happens to stand within two yards of you or perhaps within a two yard radius of your cast point....then you debuff their attack speed as well as root them.    It makes no difference if your target is melee or ranged as long as they're within two yards when you quake. 

Some skills for melee classes are ranged skills like hamstring and charge.  This doesn't mean all melee attacks are this range...just that particular skill.

Bottom line is Hamstring has a range of two yards.  Melee range is adjacent.