Multiple set of skill builds

Shitzo

Seeing how far the game has gone with the PvP and PvE system where the developers have added unique stats for each category which affects performance dramatically if you were to use certain equipment with these stats for PvP or PvE (Ferocit & Resilience) and with all the experts skills in the game which are both good and bad on certain categories if you were to study them.

I think it's about time that you allow players to have multiple sets of skill builds, most likely 2 possible skill builds, which you can switch between any time you want.

This would vastly increase the limitations of both PvE and PvP, especially for classes like healers and tanks who would have to study more defensive or supportive skills instead of the offensive ones and DPS classes who would have to study crowd control skills for PvP which would be inferior to debuff or damage skills for PvE.

Perhaps make the 2nd skill build unlockable through quest, achieving a certain level or, even make it purchasable for Miracle coins, if need be.

I'm pretty sure this would make players enjoy the game more. I've known some players who wouldn't do PvP but PvE, vice versa, this would likely motivate them to do otherwise.

We really need something like this. Most RPG games have this feature since they both have completely different systems for PvE and PvP, and now that Warspear Online has got to this point I think it's time we've added this feature as well.

TL;DR - Add multiple skill builds for players, perhaps 2, which we can switch between any time.

Another suggestion I've made related to skills, which we really need too -  Actual Descriptive information on skills.

Edited by Kanashimi

yess also rogues suck vs other melees without dodge but u sacrifice dmg for dodge and then suck vs healers and in pve.

but no lvl restrictions please.

rather purchasable with coins

15 minutes ago, kimkaa said:

yess also rogues suck vs other melees without dodge but u sacrifice dmg for dodge and then suck vs healers and in pve.

but no lvl restrictions please.

rather purchasable with coins

Exactly this.

I'm using a pure dodge build atm, it sucks for arena and vs druids compared to using damage accessories with lifesteal to sustain the free damage you get from being cc chained nonstop and having low level gouge, which is hell. Plus having Sinister Strike on 4/4 would be a HUGE help in arena too but I have to sacrifice points to put on dodge skills to beat BDs that hit like trucks.

I'd enjoy the game 5 times more if I was able to have both dodge and PvE/Arena based skill builds.

I mean it's nothing game breaking. There are literally zero cons to having this implemented, since you can do this by having 100 Book of Oblivions in your bag (which is @#$%ing stupid) and changing your skill build depending on the situation.

If this was to be purchasable with miracle coins,* it should have an item form and not be a direct-purchase only.

*) Quest and/or level have the issue of making this unavailable for lower level characters and being too easy/hard/weird.

I'd rather have 2-3 saved gear sets, that you can put on with one click, so you can switch between the PvE and PvP builds more efficiently.

I don't think multiple skill builds realistic in the game, but I agree.

Can't see this happening but i'd also like the saved gear sets as would make life a lot easier even if it took the same time it takes to open a daily chest delay wise.

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

I'd rather have 2-3 saved gear sets, that you can put on with one click, so you can switch between the PvE and PvP builds more efficiently.

I don't think multiple skill builds realistic in the game, but I agree.

Agreed, I think I suggested that long time ago too.

Most MMORPGs have a feature where you have 2 equipment sets and can alternate between the two from character equipment menu, this wouldn't be so hard for Warspear, I imagine.

Multiple skill builds are really needed in my opinion. Imagine Healers for PvE who invest into supportive skills which aren't really much good in PvP than investing points into offensive skills and leaving the supportive ones at base level. Same with Tanks, who need to invest points into aggro skills, which is completely useless in PvP but mandatory for PvE. It's pretty much the same idea as resilience equipment sets and physical/magical defensive equipment sets.

Book of Oblivion isn't used that much right now, it'd be too costly to keep changing between 2 separate builds. I highly doubt adding this feature would change the numbers that much. The majority of players only use one skill build or switch between on events.

Book of Oblivion is like, what? Chump change for developers. There's nothing wrong if it wouldn't be used as much, especially for something as good as this.

Like I've said there are literally no cons from this. It's like in every game out there with skills and stuff like talent/mastery trees,

There is PvP and PvE.

There are certain enchantments/stats which are better or bad for the other so we have PvP and PvE sets. 

There are skills which are only useful to study for PvE and same could go for PvP but not really as much as PvE.

I mean it's pretty simple from just looking at that. We need separate skill builds for PvP and PvE.

In the other games that I played, such books/scrolls that reset skills would be very cheap, like 1/4 the price of our books. So that could be an option. Because yeah, changing builds cost so much especially if you're a casual player, you'd spent your whole fortune. 

4 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

In the other games that I played, such books/scrolls that reset skills would be very cheap, like 1/4 the price of our books. So that could be an option. Because yeah, changing builds cost so much especially if you're a casual player, you'd spent your whole fortune. 

perhaps this is a good idea, i'll personnaly buy way more of them, and i guess many ppl would do so, so it won't be too bad for devs

I still think we shouldn't be able to reset our skill points too easily: another argument: in a way skills are smth u learn, irl u can't change profession in one day, while for me it's totally ok if u can change 1h axe for 2h axe in 2s, and same for other armor pcs, in reality it's possible

Make books 200 mcoins. 5 euros to change you build seems pretty steep to me. Book sales are fairly rare too.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:02 AM, Raislin said:

Make books 200 mcoins. 5 euros to change you build seems pretty steep to me. Book sales are fairly rare too.

Agree. Book too expensive