Ranger skills and mechanics

Urscrewed

~Point shooting, Ranger gains damage and accuracy while sacrificing ability to move.

Make this an energy draining skill, and removing the movement limit. How can rangers use this if they have no tanking skills?

~Bitterness, something has to be done with skill.

Either remove the fact that getting hit removes a stack, or give better buffs like crit and dmg aside from attack speed.

~Explosive trap, let this also stop enemy movement and rooting him on the spot, also disabling movement skills. The damage this skill deals also needs a buff.

~Hunters trap, make it so that an unlimited amount can be placed down, even at level 1.

~Bow stun melee thing, whos idea was it to make this melee? When hunters have literally the same thing, but RANGED.

~Cage, why does this skill increase enemy defence, if all, shouldnt it at least give a debuff to the enemy?

The problem is the long range complete stun chains mc and forsaken units have, you cant even hit them most of the times.

Another problem is scatter and xbow strike have melee range, well scatter is 2 yards but even 5/5 the skill fails vs players 30% of the time, more than fear of locks and hunter where the description says  'dealing damage during its effect could break the effect'... 

Ideas to fix the class: (not give them everything at once, just some random ideas)

- Make powerfull shot cooldown a lot higher but increase its range to 6 yards, same with fire arrow but the cooldown nerf should be smaller on this one and maybe make the bleed physical damage so is a small dmg buff too

- If you scatter a ranged class, they become silenced/stunned when the skill ends, (you have to be really dumb as a ranged class to go kiss 2 yard a ranger, so get punished for it)

- Increase explosive trap mana cost by a lot, but having the skill on 4/4 let you place 5 more traps than now with lower cooldown. Would be a fun thing to play with and aganist in my opinion

-New expert skill is a high cooldown skill with cast time of 4 seconds where you cant do anything (like when you take a mushroom in map) but after that you get a spellshield for 12 seconds wich protect you aganist a full stun ability

- Expert skill stealth with some small damage or defence buff will fix their survival problems and fits their theme. Almost ALL mc and forsaken units can reveal stealth easily with AoE. With shaman, Warlock and Necro is kinda easy since you have 2 chances.

Only rogues and hunters cant reveal stealth by themselves, but hunters have stun, silence and fear unlike rangers, just pressing your phone and anyone is dead. And i said by themselves because just look at the skill charmers have:

594a23f574777_Screenshot_20170621-03044101.png.6f2507e1c29f83ea4c0c8f58d0e4f063.png

10 ducking yards lmao and you can give it to others, what else counterplay you need before give rangers stealth? I cant imagine a worse scenario already

Edited by koszpl

I have an issue with all classes with ranged controlling abilities either having 100% chance of hitting or at least close.

All the classes with them such as druid's root, shaman's blind, necro's sleep thing, hunter's new skills and such should be the same as ranger's scatter either usable at melee range only or 2 yards max if they are going to not miss or give them the ability to actually miss so those classes need accuracy in their builds.

o.O @ charmer skill also didn't know it did that :D

Rangers do need some changes to their skills applied as compared to what hunters have it's totally outclassed, not to mention them having the ability to self heal.

Edited by Winter

15 hours ago, Urscrewed said:

~Explosive trap, let this also stop enemy movement and rooting him on the spot, also disabling movement skills. The damage this skill deals also needs a buff.

The damage apparently needs a buff, but I must disagree on rooting. That's what hunter's trap is for.

15 hours ago, Urscrewed said:

~Hunters trap, make it so that an unlimited amount can be placed down, even at level 1.

This would eliminate the need for rooting explosives. It's actually quite dumb that I can't place another trap when the cooldown has finished ages ago and the enemy went around the trap.

6 hours ago, TheCabbage said:

The damage apparently needs a buff, but I must disagree on rooting. That's what hunter's trap is for.

This would eliminate the need for rooting explosives. It's actually quite dumb that I can't place another trap when the cooldown has finished ages ago and the enemy went around the trap.

Feels bad.

9 hours ago, Speedom said:

Chance to miss, I agree. Seeker and rogues can miss on their skill also and that can affect both pve and pvp.

You want what to miss?

Did anyone remember the fact that rangers have the best dps out of all dps classes due to blessing and many damage skills. Hunters have what, 2 damage skills, crappy poison and auto attacks? There's always a trade off. Ranger's are still fine as far as im concerned.

3 hours ago, Speedom said:

they still do.. A ranger with max bless and that 10 stack attack speed buff passive makes them the best. 

The best at? They are very good damage dealers at PvE without doubt, but a rogue/hunter/seeker almost can make same DPS with right build 

11 hours ago, Raislin said:

Did anyone remember the fact that rangers have the best dps out of all dps classes due to blessing and many damage skills. Hunters have what, 2 damage skills, crappy poison and auto attacks? There's always a trade off. Ranger's are still fine as far as im concerned.

Hunters can get 15% more power and 12% more critical with combat stance instead wich is a good DPS boost, ranger's blessing fails often, i still think rangers are better PvE but hunters lack 2 expert skills yet. 

Hunters also have mountain instincts expert skill but i dont know how good it is or how much attack speed gives to them. About the poison i heard the dmg doesnt go up a lot, but did anyone check if cooldown is lower when lvling up skill? You can stack it on bosses all the times you want

That because you guys talked about PvE, if we talk about PvP there is no debate. Hunter has long range AoE fear, stun , silence,  power+attack speed debuff and +12% more critical chance with +15% power. What else you want lol Ranger weakest class PvP right now 

Edited by koszpl

:eating-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:Well I was referring only to Ranger of how awesome they are. They are good at both pve and pvp that if you know how to use them and build them in the right scenario.:nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

However, hunter is another pro PvP mc class. They might get traps for their next incoming expert skill that root instead of immobilizing them. :help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Rogue has a proper stun. Its called gouge. i don't think rogues even need stuns considering the fact that they can easily reach over 1k damage now. Dgs are a joke and any half decent amped rogue cant take quarter to half hp from almost any opponent in pvp from stealth + poison on top lol.

Edited by Raislin

You can only use gouge to get in stealth. Ranger has scatter, trap, hunters cage, and bow strike.

Rogue has stealth merc, jump and poison whereas ranger has powerful shot, blessing, fire arrows, hail of arrows, point shooting and they can do double hits with speed build + bitterness..

so

1 "stun" vs 4 "stuns"

4 dmg vs 5 dmg + capability to do double hits and they are ranged attack class(can't be kited so easily)

I've never had any problems facing rangers of similar gear and level on my rogue. It's the high level +10s with hp to spare that get me with damage accesories. Not that i care. I just log lock lol.

Edited by Raislin

Lol you know there's only so so much skill points you can use. :help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:It's outta a tactical build, support, defense, or nuke aka powerhouse. :nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:Most rogues go powerhouse and going against a tactical skillful ranger is a lose battle. Tactical rogues are tricky. I beat powerhouse rogues easy with my pala but skillful one are the hardest.

Of course you may have a chance with dodge build if you get lucky. But try to face any casters with dodge build or do dungeons. Tanks will deal more dmg than you.

Lol we all know caster have the upper hand especially when they make the 1st move. Pro tanks are trucks. You outta move it or lose it :looser-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

I'll say this though, your build can beat this person build but won't beat that person build. Everyone build is depending on the scenario that trying to counter. Since most of us used the same build everyone use, it'll be easy to beat many player or be beaten because of the same play style.

Edited by Speedom

Yeah but every other class can use the same build effectively against all classes but rogue has to choose between casters and the rest in my opinion

Whoever says rangers are op in pvp obvipusly havent played ranger, and kiting isnt a thing anymore, wasnt ever a thing after all the gap closers and stun chains that the other classes got.:fuck_that:

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/07/2017 at 10:28 AM, Urscrewed said:

Whoever says rangers are op in pvp obvipusly havent played ranger, and kiting isnt a thing anymore, wasnt ever a thing after all the gap closers and stun chains that the other classes got.:fuck_that:

I remember when I went against a barb, I though "gonna set up traps and atk from distance", then he resisted the trap and jump on me on almost my normal atk range, then stun chain, wyrm is dead. I'm not a good pvp players but damn, he simply brute force against all my strategy.

But well, your suggestions are a bit op.

Pointing shot, idk, i kinda like this skill, but seems kinda clunky and needs polishing. But idk how. Seems ugly af.

For bitterness, the concept is awesome, but well, its too weak, useless if you're alone. I would say to increase speed AND give it more damage in the same enemy, if you hitting a boss, the damage will stack up more against him, not only speed, but if you change target the secondary damage effect would vanish.

For ranger's trap, don't really think it needs to change, it already stops dashes and blinks right? It's the only fix it really needed. But IF we follow the unlimited trap suggestion of yours, we would have to make traps dont root chain enemys, one trapp roots, the followings would only give a "tick" in the same enemies, but it would be strange anyway.

For explosive trap, a slow would be enough, like 50% for 2 seconds or so, maybe a small damage buff.

For scatter, that shit is damn useless right now, unless it 5/5, just a life quality change would be enough, it does nothing right now. It should be like lock's fear but less powerful, just a bit, not that less as it is right now.

For hunter's cage, I like this skill. Maybe it should block enemies path being not passable when you set it down. But overall I like it.

For bow stun, damn useless, wtf is this?? There's actually nothing in ws that needs to get close to you to deal damage and dont have a dash. Rogue, barb and dk, they WILL get you first always cause their stuns/dash are long distance and they can blast you up before you can stun and run. And even if you can stun, your "runaway" skills are shit anyways and you will barely have to set up traps. Other classes dont need to get close to you to deal damage, rendering the skill useless.