[2017.07.06] Guild Castles. Part II

Daria

diary_1200х630.png

Good day to you, dear warriors!

Some time ago you learned some information about Guild Castles and their capturing that will be added to the game already in the next update. And now we want to talk about Architect and Magister, as well as what can be constructed in castles and what for.

It's important to note that the project is still in the process of development, thus some elements and mechanics mentioned here may be changed in the final version.

After the castle is captured, it can be developed with the help of special NPC - Architect and Magister.

Architect

Architect has three important functions: constructing new buildings, leveling them up and maintaining.

Схема строительстваeng.jpg

Bastion (Level 1) is the only building that is automatically constructed right after you capture the castle and all other buildings are to be constructed from scratch. To construct and level up buildings, you need a certain amount of Guild Points, gold and resources that can be collected on the territory of Arinar and later produced on the castle lands.

Each and every building profits the guild in some way: library allows studying new building plans and recipes for producing new items, laboratory is essential for making potions and elixirs, market is needed to sell items that were produced in the castle to both Alliances, craftshop helps creating items to improve equipment, summons hall allows summoning bosses to farm them, etc.

It is more difficult to break gateways of the bastion of higher level.

The higher the level of the building is, the more effective it is. For example, laboratory of level 5 allows making potions with more bonuses (not to mention that these bonuses are more powerful) than laboratory of level 4 and so on. Moreover, buildings of higher levels produce items of lower levels much faster. Potions and all other items are produced with the help of Magister.

Pic. 1 Citadel of one of the castles. In one of these corridors you will be able to meet Architect and Magister and say "Hey, what's up?" to them.

цитадельацтеки.png

Magister

Magister allows studying recipes for producing items and actually producing them in the castle buildings.

Изучение рецептовeng.jpg

To make common items in laboratory and craftshop, the guild should first study the relevant recipe in the library. And to make improved item you need not only to study the recipe, but also produce a certain amount of items of the previous level.

The amount of produced items needed to open the next level of items starts counting only after the relevant recipe was studied in the library.

The laboratory and craftshop allow producing items with four bonuses the mojority of which will be unique. Some of the items made in castles will have not only unique bonuses, but also an unusual mechanics: the effect of delayed action or affecting the whole group. Items of higher levels will allow a possibility to seriously modify a character's attack or to increase his survival chance.

By the way, the guild that owns the castle can sell all items produced in the castle, but only on the castle market.

That is all for now. Guild Castles will be gradually added to the game starting from the next update. More information about what to expect from these castles at the first stage will be available in the announcement and release posts.

AIGRIND

And again my mate has lended me a Tablet to check it. Useless to say where I am hidden this time, no one would believe me... :dunno:

Nice,

CASTLE MARKET: but make a special market between elf n mc?

And any player can see market....or only player of the other guilds castles?

Will guilds, that are not at the top of their servers, have a chance of getting something out of this update?

Edited by Gladiator

4 минуты назад, Logrimy сказал:

Nice,

CASTLE MARKET: but make a special market between elf n mc?

And any player can see market....or only player of the other guilds castles?

Any player can come to the castle and visit its market.

Только что, Gladiator сказал:

Will guilds that are not at the top of their servers have a chance of getting something out of this update?

Definitely there will be markets with unique items and raids that are for everyone. These are the main activities, but there may be more.

And, actually, participating in the castles captures may also be quite entertaining.

9 minutes ago, Lashabi said:

Is market (and summon hall also)  available for those guilds which are not able to capture castle?

Market - yes, summon hall - (presumably) no.

1. Who is able to lvl up guild castle buildings?

2. Who will receive the items that are done building?

3. Who is able to sell these items at guild market?

Need to be sure to maintain order, and not let some members destroy the economy of the guild ^^

5 минут назад, lallouss сказал:

1. Who is able to lvl up guild castle buildings?

2. Who will receive the items that are done building?

3. Who is able to sell these items at guild market?

Need to be sure to maintain order, and not let some members destroy the economy of the guild ^^

1. Presumably, leader of the guild and heirs.

2. We plan that there will be a special warehouse where all produced items will be automatically stored.

3. Also, presumably, leader of the guild and heir.

But there also may be added some more ranks within a guild specifically for these castles activities. We'll see if they will be really needed.

All these are very good ideas to implement.

Warspear requires something like a massive raid boss which can bring players, parties and guilds together. By promoting an atmosphere where everyone helps and builds together, you can not only keep players interested but also develop the game with players following closely.

With the creation of guild castles, guilds will become more competitive, not only will this (probably, hopefully) help weaker players develop in the game, but also help keep players coming back to play the game regularly, something which should definetly be a main concern of the games development.

Overall, Guild castles are a very good idea. As long as it can bring in a new aspect and feature of the game that can be seen as being well thought out by developers. Players will learn to appreciate and enjoy the feature and thus building a good connection not only with each other, but with the game developers.

Good job :advise:

5 minutes ago, Daria said:

1. Presumably, leader of the guild and heirs.

2. We plan that there will be a special warehouse where all produced items will be automatically stored.

3. Also, presumably, leader of the guild and heir.

But there also may be added some more ranks within a guild specifically for these castles activities. We'll see if they will be really needed.

bq11.gifty Daria

THEMERCS bq75.gif

EDITED: please can u change tournament reward also? its been forever cc+nub chest ty ^^

Edited by lallouss

4 minutes ago, Daria said:

Yes please daria...we need more ranks, to separate normal heirs from the heirs those who  handle castle stuff

1 минуту назад, Sai Chandra сказал:

@Daria Can you please tell me, if the capturing event involves pve or pvp or both? 

Both. We wrote about this in the previous post, you can read about it: https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/topic/58589-20170414-in-development-guild-castles/

How will the leader gets the Guard kill?
Does damage stack each time he attacks and even when he dies? Or does it work like other mobs?
When player dies, damage is reseted?
Guard kill goes for most damage done overall? Or depends like other mob kills, first 10%dmg inflicted?

Also When will you change Guild Tournament Awards?  

We are all tired of seeing crimson Corridium + Chests.

Thank you.

Edited by Godsrange
Forgot more information

1 minute ago, Godsrange said:

Does damage stack each time he attacks and even when he dies? Or does it work like other mobs?
Guard kill goes for most damage done overall? Or depends like other mob kills, first 10%dmg inflicted?

this please ^

also what happens if we change Leadership, does damage done to Guard gets transferred or it resets? bq70.gifbq65.gif

3 минуты назад, Godsrange сказал:

There well be an unusual mechanics of killing this guard, so it's a bit early to talk about this. Let's wait for the announcement post, we'll reveal all these details there. :thumbs_up1:

5 минут назад, Sai Chandra сказал:

At the courtyard ,where the Big five from the guild fights with guard, do they have fight the other guild parties too? I mean..is it gonna be pvp area inside courtyard too?

Sure. Members of the guild will have to protect their leader from other players, as well as prevent other leaders from killing the guard.

2 минуты назад, lallouss сказал:

also what happens if we change Leadership, does damage done to Guard gets transferred or it resets? bq70.gifbq65.gif

I don't think it will be possible to change leadership during the capture.

2 hours ago, Daria said:

Any player can come to the castle and visit its market.

Without restrictions? Even who are without a guild? 

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

And again my mate has lended me a Tablet to check it. Useless to say where I am hidden this time, no one would believe me... :dunno:

I still wanna know..

Can elfs(or mcs) from different guilds attack each other? Would be kinda dum if 2 guilds from same alliance were capturing castle at the same time and only one of them can actually get it.

3 minutes ago, Zurp said:

Can elfs(or mcs) from different guilds attack each other? Would be kinda dum if 2 guilds from same alliance were capturing castle at the same time and only one of them can actually get it.

its Guilds vs Guilds, not related to factions or classes bq177.gif

2 hours ago, Urscrewed said:

All these are very good ideas to implement.

Warspear requires something like a massive raid boss which can bring players, parties and guilds together. By promoting an atmosphere where everyone helps and builds together, you can not only keep players interested but also develop the game with players following closely.

With the creation of guild castles, guilds will become more competitive, not only will this (probably, hopefully) help weaker players develop in the game, but also help keep players coming back to play the game regularly, something which should definetly be a main concern of the games development.

Overall, Guild castles are a very good idea. As long as it can bring in a new aspect and feature of the game that can be seen as being well thought out by developers. Players will learn to appreciate and enjoy the feature and thus building a good connection not only with each other, but with the game developers.

Good job :advise:

It's good and all, it is a new content after all. But we still haven't seen anything from it, so some eagerness is to be expected.

Though I really hope that there would be good stuff for lower level guilds, because then roughly 80% of the players wouldn't have anything to do with this update. Participating in the war just for fun doesn't sound motivating. I mean look at wars and events, they have rewards and they still get inactive sometimes. Maybe if leveling up a guild was easier. It takes just a lot of time and effort to level up a guild after lvl7. 

I'm personally fine with it, after all I'm in one of the best guilds in the game :D But worried (and kinda warning too) about players getting mad after they see the update.

20 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

It's good and all, it is a new content after all. But we still haven't seen anything from it, so some eagerness is to be expected.

Though I really hope that there would be good stuff for lower level guilds, because then roughly 80% of the players wouldn't have anything to do with this update. Participating in the war just for fun doesn't sound motivating. I mean look at wars and events, they have rewards and they still get inactive sometimes. Maybe if leveling up a guild was easier. It takes just a lot of time and effort to level up a guild after lvl7. 

I'm personally fine with it, after all I'm in one of the best guilds in the game :D But worried (and kinda warning too) about players getting mad after they see the update.

Good point :hopeless:

1 hour ago, Daria said:

Yep.

What can those people (without guild and without castle) do inside that area? 

1 hour ago, Metamorphine said:

This update won't be for me :hopeless:

:cry1:Sadly true!

Edited by Liidert

End new ideas for good updates?, why no ask players what really need for make a great update... 

Last updates just make retry more and more players:cray:

9 hours ago, Xtiano said:

End new ideas for good updates?, why no ask players what really need for make a great update... 

Last updates just make retry more and more players:cray:

:cry1:Sadly true! 

Edited by Liidert

18 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Yeah im worried about the other guilds.

Problem can be fixed making a betting NPC where plebs bet the few gold they have into wich top guild will win the current war/castle raid. NPC  takes a little fee like market does but gives it to the winner guild afterwards . All happy, gods and plebs :drinks:

Edited by koszpl

Только что, UK сказал:

so we get Sun magic from the pot ... ?

These are just test pics, the real bonuses are still unknown, even for the people who are responsible for their development. :smile:

2 hours ago, koszpl said:

Problem can be fixed making a betting NPC where plebs bet the few gold they have into wich top guild will win the current war/castle raid. NPC  takes a little fee like market does but gives it to the winner guild afterwards . All happy, gods and plebs :drinks:

Op idea lol :biggrin: