Thoughts about seeker

Hi all,

I started to play seeker and i find this class very interesting to play. Nevertheless there are some issues i would like to discuss.

I have the feeling like there are really more wardens than seekers, and i somehow understand that ppl don't lvl it up.

1) The mechanisms of this class are great. Very fun to have a class relying on auto-attacks.

2) But there's something quite annoying. Pene buff, critical buff, shield are good (i love shield cuz ofc it's very strong, but also tricky since u need to take dmg to deal more), but wtf u did with exacerbation?

Constant mana consuption for skills is an idea i like, since thus u don't need to use the "passives" skills every 30s. I think the same should be done for light aura, dark shield, etc.

But when u look at those skills, u notice that the more u lvl it up, the longer it lasts, so the less mana u need to use it since u use it less.

Then u look at exacerbation: first u need expand mana to use. well, i was quite surprised, but why not. If u can perma use it anyway it doesn't matter.

But then u lvl up the skill, and u see mana consumption increasing. WTF? shouldn't it decrease with lvl, or at least stay the same?

I find it quite incredible that the more u lvl up the skill, the less u can use it since u run out of mana faster.

3)The stuns: so seeker got only one stun, which is rogue gouge, meaning u can't attack during that time. At low lvl it's ok without stuns, cuz shield is strong, and u can slow down ur ennemy: this i good for melee, or at least if u don't run out of mana cuz u lvled up the skill...

Anyway. The problem is when u are at high lvl.

A rogue has no stun bcs it can rape someone in two secs. But is it the same for seeker? when attacking someone u just come with split and one auto attack then u are stunned. rogue have merciless strike+one auto attack+stealth dmg+poisonnous blades...

Moreover when u use the "thread of darkness" skill (a normal dk skill...), since it's an expert u cannot use expert dmg skill immediately after (2sec delay). While rogue deals dmg with jump skill!!!

I suggest to give stun to the "thread of darkness", not too long of course, but at least it will be possible to deal some dmg before being stunned. Like 1.5/2/2.5/3 ? perhaps 3sec too long, idk

4)expert dmg skills

critical skill looks fun. I just wonder if it is really usefull in pvp since at high lvl every arena player full resi, and i think there's a critical% maximum right? in pve very good i presume

About the two other expert, im not very sure but i think they both are bleeding skills.

I find it anoying bcs of net skill, destroyed by dmg.

Also to max their dmg u need go for burst dmg not dps. But well i can't complain about it that's the same for all dmg skills right? xd

I just wonder if it's possible to make a skill that deals dmg depending on the character dpm. like bleeding speed increases with character speed, or idk. But this is not the main problem.

Pls consider what i said about mana expand and stun.

Also for next expert i suggest a speed buff skill.

Tell me what u think about all this, and about any aspect of seeker.

Good luck all!!

Hello dude. Nice ideas of course, it's clear there you studied out many things of this new class, and that's great to see! :thumbs_up1:

Just few things that made me write what I think of some points you showed. 

25 minutes ago, Pecleb said:

Constant mana consuption for skills is an idea i like, since thus u don't need to use the "passives" skills every 30s. I think the same should be done for light aura, dark shield, etc.

Make sure dark shield works 100% of times and I will accept such change. Otherwise leave Dark Shield as it is now, please bro xd.

But then u lvl up the skill, and u see mana consumption increasing. WTF? shouldn't it decrease with lvl, or at least stay the same?

The stronger it is, the more energy you need. I see nothing wrong on this :pin1:

rogue have merciless strike+one auto attack+stealth dmg+poisonnous blades...

Got told from a friend of mine that this "bug" got fixed. Idk if it's true though, I didn't check myself

I just wonder if it's possible to make a skill that deals dmg depending on the character dpm. like bleeding speed increases with character speed, or idk. But this is not the main problem.

Never say never bro. Don't forget there are 2 experts missing still :pin3:

Thanks for having read! :pin2:

Edited by Higgings

52 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Hello dude. Nice ideas of course, it's clear there you studied out many things of this new class, and that's great to see! :thumbs_up1:

XD thx i did my best but to be honest my seeker stay lvl13 atm. I don't like experts enough (except critical skill) and im  lvling up dk and druid atm.

Just few things that made me write what I think of some points you showed. 

Make sure dark shield works 100% of times and I will accept such change. Otherwise leave Dark Shield as it is now, please bro xd.

I don't understand what u mean. Wouldn't it be better if there was no need to click on darkshield every 30s? if energy expense is fine (like same amount we need to use the skill atm) I think it'll be nice

About darkshield working 100% of the time don't u think it would be a bit op? :biggrin:

The stronger it is, the more energy you need. I see nothing wrong on this :pin1:

What i wanted to say is that energy expense is already huge at 1/5: 4mana every 2sec

and it goes on like this: 4/5/6/7/8 mana every two second. This is a crazy amount of mana.

At 5/5 skill u got 25%dmg buff (normal attacks only). So u need it 4times to get same additionnal dmg as 1 extra hit, so u need to use skill during like 10-12 sec: 5*8=40 mana for 1 extra hit...

At 1/5 split gives more dmg than one extra hit and consumes 12mana...

In my opinion just leave mana consumption 4 every 2 sec at all lvls, it's already a lot... One can't have a mage with dragon eye with him all time

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Got told from a friend of mine that this "bug" got fixed. Idk if it's true though, I didn't check myself

Do u mean the bug with all poison dmg dealt in once? I think it got fixed, but i wasn't talking about that.

What i was saying is that in fight rogue and seeker can't stun.

But there is a big difference. When rogue attacks he can have his blades poisonned, he deals additionnal dmg bcs of stealth, and the normal hit he deals is stronger cuz he uses 2x axes, vs 2x dagger (or 2H weap, then less difference, but still important, especially bcs of ferocity difference). After that almost any class should be able to immediately stun rogue.

When seeker attacks, he doesn't get dmg bonus from stealth and doesn't have his blades poisonned. Moreover since burst dmg is lower than rogue he just deals split dmg+normal dmg: he can't kill anybody with that

Well I just think I need to check if one of the bleeding skill works mike poisonnous blades. That would change the things a bit. Anyway now u got my idea.

Never say never bro. Don't forget there are 2 experts missing still :pin3:

Thanks for having read! :pin2:

:good:

2 hours ago, Pecleb said:

About darkshield working 100% of the time don't u think it would be a bit op? :biggrin:

All the skills who use energy consumption are costant and work "24/7". Like Warden's shield on expert for example, we can make the same question here, and we can get an answer as well: don't you think it will be op? Yes of course it will! Absolutely! Yet wardens can and dk not. Why? :pin1:

Here, either I'd nerf that skill, by removing the Energy consumption skill ( which at high levels it's basically lower than your Energy regen itself ) and make it as a Click -> Activate skill, with a set Cooldown and a set time after which the Buff disappears, or put the same system wardens have in their expert to dk's Dark Shield (100% success time but Energy Decrease "Debuff") Since wardens are the Fusion of a Barbarian 1vs1 survivability and a Dk 1vs Many survivability. The fact i have to click on Dark Shield does not bother me actually, since it lasts long enough in PvE at 5/5 xd

What i wanted to say is that energy expense is already huge at 1/5: 4mana every 2sec

and it goes on like this: 4/5/6/7/8 mana every two second. This is a crazy amount of mana.

At 5/5 skill u got 25%dmg buff (normal attacks only). So u need it 4times to get same additionnal dmg as 1 extra hit, so u need to use skill during like 10-12 sec: 5*8=40 mana for 1 extra hit...

At 1/5 split gives more dmg than one extra hit and consumes 12mana...

I've got what you meant, but this is part of the game studying what is the best for this class. If you think the Skill drains too much mana, and you'd love to use... idk, Penetration on your rings and not forced to use Mana Regen on it, just don't focus on that skill too much. ( actually using penetration on rings for Damager classes became almost a must lately. ). Secondly, did you try to make your calculations in case a Seeker decides to use daggers? I think the value should be slightly different than using a 2h weapon, which attacks every 3 secs aprox ( unless you make a Speed Build ).

Do u mean the bug with all poison dmg dealt in once? I think it got fixed, but i wasn't talking about that.

It's clear here I totally misunderstood your point. I thought you said that you found unfair the fact Rogue could gouge > Poisonus > Attack and Istantly Stealth, in order to deal more damage to the opponent while being under stealth.

If your suggestion there is "Give the Seeker more damage skills or even DoT damage skills" my answer would be "Why not?". You have got my support here because gms meant it as a damager class, though it relies a lot on auto attacks ( and that must not be forgotten! ). Still this is not an excuse not to give it damage skills, so yes, I'd personally be fine with it. A DoT would be op on it, but it's a new class after all. Let's not forget it is still Work in Progress, even if we can enjoy it already in game. Adjustments and buffs are, I guess, well known to devs, so i shall advise to wait a bit more for the next update and see what will happen! :piggy:

All I have to say that Seeker next 2 skills will determine for to keep going or start back playing my old druid. So far what I like about Seeker:

1. Seeker the firster fighter class to have shield.

2. Stealth that makes you run fast

3. Exacerbation is good if you have full mana regain. Sh*tty part is that I have 76 mana regain and still run out pretty fast.

What I don't like about seeker:

1. Splitting blow expert skill is pretty much barb chop. Only different is it slow opponent but it's not the best for PvP due to sun net.

2. Attraction is dk skill but green. Idk why this class have it honestly. It looks good

3. Solar Power is cool but man the mana drain game is real. And taking dmg while this skill up is a drag. For pve, maxing exacerbation and solar, don't use any skill. Just let the tank aggro. Pretty much shield is the only other skill you will me using.

However, if I max solar power. I'll need spring spear for crts and do full crt build. Banner and priest dmg buff will make normal att unbelievable high 

Ok I'm done.. Kinda:blush:

10 hours ago, Speedom said:

I'll need spring spear for crts and do full crt build

I might say a nonsence, but Seeker cannot use spears. Please correct me if I am wrong, I am too lazy to check :3

They can use spears.

1. In relation to the insane amount of mana seeker's skills use, yes i would say it would be nice to have the amount decrease as the level goes up or at least require less originally most skills require 20-22 to be used which is alot when used 1 after the other. Your only option else wise is to use relics to lessen these amounts and even then don't expect to spam all skills active at the same time cause it won't work.

2. Other classes having constant mana taking skills I do like the idea of also so +1 to that being applied across the board.

3. In relation of rogues, use splitting blow to deal with them as 'most' rely so heavily on gouge to hide after they attack this destroys their stealth and slows them.

4 Rogues need to have the same effect added to their poisonous blades or extermination skill that seekers have on inspiration which makes them visible as they change maps in stealth, fair is fair :P Or make dodge skill glow blue so it can be seen from the moon :D

5. I don't like the fact that the entirety of this class's attacks are 'melee' based (including the experts) as unlike other classes it makes you have to use tons of accuracy in your build since there is no buff to raise this or anything defensive which is needed to survive until our damage rises due to he nature of the skills.

5. For the next skills, one at least needs to be passive and a defensive skill or buff cause I have literally no hotkeys left to add anything, ps. add more hotkey slots.

6. The spirituality base bonus is a joke give us something actually useful (like accuracy).

7. Add aggression to the attraction skill please ;)

Seekers are actually worst class on PvP and PvE, the idea is good but they feel awkward. When making a character on menu the graphic shows higher attack than hunter wich is not true. On dungeons people taking mages and rangers EVEN BLADEDANCERS over seekers as damage dealers. Rogues also have a lot more burst and with the right skillbuild a lot more DPS for PvE

10 hours ago, Higgings said:

I might say a nonsence, but Seeker cannot use spears. Please correct me if I am wrong, I am too lazy to check :3

They can and maces too, in fact their first damage skill show that weapon. It does not make sense since spears and maces have magic and Seekers cant benefit from it. It makes sense reading the description of the class since they are like 'young paladins' but thats all about it. Recruit paladins that can't heal, unlike the forsaken recruits  

Charmers are the new Forsaken recruits. Combining the best features of fighting sorcerers and heavy armored warriors, they are used to dealing both with staffs and heavy maces. Charmers pass through initiation during an eerie ceremony in the darkest dungeon of Moraktar. Only few know what oaths are taken there and what price is paid by Charmers, the last hope of Forsaken, for the acquired power.

When playing for this class, you are free to choose whatever role you want. One may concentrate on damage dealing and weakening of enemies, wearing heavy armor and using control skills or something else. Also, Charmer will have skills of AoE damage and control, the lack of which is so strong on the Legion side during the battles for territories.

They already leak the next charmer expert skills, so i think it was a well thought class unlike Seekers. Btw another MC/forsaken class that can reveal seekers stealth easy and another full crowd control skill like dark circle, hunter AoE fear and all the other full disable stuns they have on shamans, barbarians, deathknight where you cant move, use skills or even potion :crazy:

Random ideas trying to fix the class:

-Increasing damage of Dangerous Blow (only if it does critical) as well as the bleed damage (or double the bleed ticks). Since all enemies use high resilence doing a critical like that should be more rewarded because is kinda hard, and also seeker will be using light armor with no HP or resilence stats on their Crit set. High risk high reward.

Or making the bleed of this skill increase enemy cooldowns/reduce healing 

-Making splitting blow a buff like rogue poison blades. Right now the damage is like barb chop and most of the times has no impact wasting time on the animation

-Harad shield and HP regen stat scale with magic from gear. The longer you are in combat the stronger the shield skill and HP regen will be, or if you get the 10 stacks of Harad shield make it explode dealing high AoE magic damage slowing enemies or healing you

-Some tweaks on Solar power and Exacerbation skill and check if the changues leveling the skill are correct. Going oom on a class that should be strong in long fights makes no sense lol

-Using the skill 'Dissapearance' while on combat lets you have the movespeed buff for some seconds (good to fight mc and forsaken full stun ranged classes) but you have double cooldown on this skill after using it this way

I just think next update hunter will get traps and Charmer AoE damage and stun to reveal seekers and feelsworseman. Maybe with all that stealth counterplay is time to give rangers stealth back again @Peter_Munk i hope you guys read our suggestions too :blush:

Edited by koszpl

On 05/07/2017 at 1:23 AM, Higgings said:

All the skills who use energy consumption are costant and work "24/7". Like Warden's shield on expert for example, we can make the same question here, and we can get an answer as well: don't you think it will be op? Yes of course it will! Absolutely! Yet wardens can and dk not. Why? :pin1:

Here, either I'd nerf that skill, by removing the Energy consumption skill ( which at high levels it's basically lower than your Energy regen itself ) and make it as a Click -> Activate skill, with a set Cooldown and a set time after which the Buff disappears, or put the same system wardens have in their expert to dk's Dark Shield (100% success time but Energy Decrease "Debuff") Since wardens are the Fusion of a Barbarian 1vs1 survivability and a Dk 1vs Many survivability. The fact i have to click on Dark Shield does not bother me actually, since it lasts long enough in PvE at 5/5 xd

Did u mean dark shield block dmg 100% of time? or not?

That would be same op as warden it would mean u can tank an infinite amount of little mobs, or little lvls if u full resi (except that one high lvl would kill u, since ur not healed by low lvls like warden: >>>make heal block skill heal only the amount of dmg block!!!! 10% hp too op)

1) i agree it would be nice if warden shield had a time limit. I guess u saw opwarden soloing war xd. But anyway for seeker it's dmg skill so not useful if stunned

But for the energy consumption idk the amount for other class but if it's the same i think it's too much.

U said it's ok at high lvl. yes but if it consumes more than other classes at low lvl it will be more at high lvl and u won't be able to use pene crystal wich are very useful for dmg classes... Warden worries less about taking mana rege crystals.

2) And there is a second problem:  sun power expert skill consumes mana too. So u basically can't lvl ur two best dmg skills at once, or u'll lose 16mana every two second. that's huge man.and sun power already got a debuff: deff decrease

so really can't have pene

I've got what you meant, but this is part of the game studying what is the best for this class. If you think the Skill drains too much mana, and you'd love to use... idk, Penetration on your rings and not forced to use Mana Regen on it, just don't focus on that skill too much. ( actually using penetration on rings for Damager classes became almost a must lately. ). Secondly, did you try to make your calculations in case a Seeker decides to use daggers? I think the value should be slightly different than using a 2h weapon, which attacks every 3 secs aprox ( unless you make a Speed Build ).

Yes of course, with daggers u can hit 6-7 times instead of 3-4 in 10s, so that's way better. Sry.

But even for this i think the energy expense is too much

It's clear here I totally misunderstood your point. I thought you said that you found unfair the fact Rogue could gouge > Poisonus > Attack and Istantly Stealth, in order to deal more damage to the opponent while being under stealth.

If your suggestion there is "Give the Seeker more damage skills or even DoT damage skills" my answer would be "Why not?". You have got my support here because gms meant it as a damager class, though it relies a lot on auto attacks ( and that must not be forgotten! ). Still this is not an excuse not to give it damage skills, so yes, I'd personally be fine with it. A DoT would be op on it, but it's a new class after all. Let's not forget it is still Work in Progress, even if we can enjoy it already in game. Adjustments and buffs are, I guess, well known to devs, so i shall advise to wait a bit more for the next update and see what will happen! :piggy:

yes i'd definitely like gm to make it an class based on auto-attacks.

But here my suggestion was: "give it a stun skill in experts"

why?: rogue don't have stun cuz he can one or two shot ppl. But seeker can't whatever the build it relies at least a bit on auto attacks, so u can't kill someone in two shots in high lvl pvp, and it hasn't stun so u are very unlikely to hit more than twice

On 05/07/2017 at 5:54 AM, Speedom said:

3. Exacerbation is good if you have full mana regain. Sh*tty part is that I have 76 mana regain and still run out pretty fast.

3. Solar Power is cool but man the mana drain game is real. And taking dmg while this skill up is a drag. For pve, maxing exacerbation and solar, don't use any skill.

mana problems

i think u got the issue man:like_a_sir1:

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 7:57 PM, koszpl said:

Maybe with all that stealth counterplay is time to give rangers stealth back again @Peter_Munk i hope you guys read our suggestions too :blush:

Rangers had stealth!?:blink:

This looks like Warspear back in early 2000s that would be scary for players on MC like for instance I'm heading to a town to collect the rewards then all of a sudden I'm on fire.

Oh yes about seekers I like them, just like rogues they should have a dodge skill you guys think? Because what if you're ganking MCs and you encounter one and started attacking you'll be taking dmg (depends on the character's level and gear) if you don't have a dodge or parry skill.

58 minutes ago, Malik Campbell said:

Oh yes about seekers I like them, just like rogues they should have a dodge skill you guys think? Because what if you're ganking MCs and you encounter one and started attacking you'll be taking dmg (depends on the character's level and gear) if you don't have a dodge or parry skill.

Agree.. Seeker have enough dmg skills. Need another defense skill and passive skill.

And let's not forget how about making one of the bleed damage expert skill do tick damage like rogues poison, I mean when I'm on my druid a rogue hit me with the poison I'm seeing 300 DPs.

• 1 month later...

Just leveled mine to 18, no experts yet but getting owned by caster runners. I may suck or experts will help solvve it still love the dude though.

What experts should be bought right off.

...Im aiming to get most of them before I lvl much further 

seeker pretty weak at pvp now. maybe just OP at lvl 20 if u can max critical with burning rage and crit on belt while others don't have 40% resi yet, and if u can have most experts (paying mcoins to increase slots)

Cuz the fact is ur best skills seems to be sun power from far, but without net and threads u are rekt by any classes... and spitting blow would be extremelly useful for extra dmg...

So that's 4expert skills needed to have fun...

bloodthirst idk the dmg nor the heal at 1/4

bleed seems very weak

inner rage... idk the strengh but the way it works feels very bad... better make it rage % buff or dmg/attack speed buff when rage activated

For pve seems ok dmger. sun power is strong when no resi

if u are aiming to lvl up, buy splitting blow first for extra dmg, then sun power 3/4 at lvl 20 (hope u got mana)

If u use mcoin get net and threads too, since beeing able to restealth and to get close to ennemies changes ur experience. (but threads not that useful in pve)

don't buy inner rage/bleeding until u just got this to buy. splitting blow, net and threads first, sun power if u ut points in it, bloodthirst maybe idk much about it.

That's how i would act, but i stopped my seeker at lvl 13 so better ask higher lvl seekers in game.

I gave up on this class. As i said looks cool just at lvl 20 for pvp, when not much resi and stuns, and if u can get well those 4 experts, so if u got mcoins. For pve looks nice dmger but two skills require to tank to be useful (shield and inner rage). So i don't feel why we would need this, mages and rangers are op dmgers alrdy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well...seeker should have a base skill which allows him to become invisible during fighting (Like rogue's gouge).

It would make a difference to low lvls arena players...

Just saying